The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2087, 2088, 2089 ... 2097, 2098, 2099  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
ducasse wrote:
derek94 wrote:
James would thrive on a team like Denver or Milwaukee where he could be that big time contributor behind the two main anchors

That may be true but there's no way a player of his stature goes ring chasing to another team as a third option.

Yeap. He'll also want complete control of the FO and all personnel decisions. That rules out contending teams like Denver, Boston, Minny, NYK, Mil, etc, and he's obviously blacklisted from the Heat. The only team he'll go to is one that he can gut for his banana boat friends.

I'd put my money on the Nets, Blazers, Wizards or Hornets trying to get him, because they are run by incompetent and terrible GMs. Warriors are a wild card because their big 3 are pretty much done, so maybe a deal with Klay happens.

Huh? THose guys are all retired...
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
ducasse wrote:
derek94 wrote:
James would thrive on a team like Denver or Milwaukee where he could be that big time contributor behind the two main anchors

That may be true but there's no way a player of his stature goes ring chasing to another team as a third option.

Yeap. He'll also want complete control of the FO and all personnel decisions. That rules out contending teams like Denver, Boston, Minny, NYK, Mil, etc, and he's obviously blacklisted from the Heat. The only team he'll go to is one that he can control and then gut for his banana boat friends.

I'd put my money on the Nets, Blazers, Wizards or Hornets trying to get him, because they are run by incompetent and terrible GMs. Warriors are a wild card because their big 3 are pretty much done, so maybe a deal with Klay happens.

Out of curiosity....he is blacklisted from the Heat? For example, if LBJ calls Riley and said I want to join the Heat, they would say no?
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:48 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
ducasse wrote:
derek94 wrote:

Yeap. He'll also want complete control of the FO and all personnel decisions. That rules out contending teams like Denver, Boston, Minny, NYK, Mil, etc, and he's obviously blacklisted from the Heat. The only team he'll go to is one that he can gut for his banana boat friends.

He's tight with KD, Stepth, Dray, CP3, etc.

I'd argue Draymond probably has the biggest hard-on for him right now, so Warriors will be very appealing.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:49 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
GS worked out a S&T for KD... Lebron and the Lakers can do each other a solid. But I suspect he's not all about the chip now. I think he's settled in LA, and I think he would still prefer to re-up.

If LeBron stays with the Lakers but he doesn't really care about winning another chip then shame on him. Even more proof that he's not the GOAT.

Again, I want him to stay because I want us to get another chip out of him. But if he's not about getting another chip, then that's just bad leadership.

Anyone knows how much paycut he can take to help this roster next year?

I don't think he will take MLE or even Fmle... But I think only help he can really do is maybe bring some mid player while keeping the team under the 2nd apron.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:50 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
ducasse wrote:
derek94 wrote:

Yeap. He'll also want complete control of the FO and all personnel decisions. That rules out contending teams like Denver, Boston, Minny, NYK, Mil, etc, and he's obviously blacklisted from the Heat. The only team he'll go to is one that he can control and then gut for his banana boat friends.

Out of curiosity....he is blacklisted from the Heat? For example, if LBJ calls Riley and said I want to join the Heat, they would say no?

I think Riley made a comment some time ago that they would welcome him back. But things could have changed since then. But I know Riley been saying nice things about him lately. So not sure if he is blacklisted.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
ducasse wrote:
derek94 wrote:

I'd argue Draymond probably has the biggest hard-on for him right now, so Warriors will be very appealing.

Yea thats not the banana boat crew tho... It was Wade/Melo/Bosh.

Out of all those guys. CP3 probably the only real possibility.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:53 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
ducasse wrote:
derek94 wrote:

https://www.businessinsider.com/lebron-james-pat-riley-heat-rebuild-2020-9
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:54 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
ducasse wrote:
derek94 wrote:

Oh, he definitely has new banana boat friends, and I can bet you Dray is on it now. Find someone who loves you the way Dray loves Lebron.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
22 wrote:
I’m not trying to blame everything on Lebron? But if he gets swept 3 times in a row by the same team, ain’t no way Jeanie can give him a statue outside of crypto right?

Right?

Idk about giving him a statue…. But if they were going to give him one, it’s for winning a title. What’s been accomplished is far more important than what hasn’t.

If LeBron gets a statue outside of Staples it'll be the most fraudulent recognition ever. Jersey retired? Sure. Statue? Hell no! Wilt doesn't have one either and he too won a championship, except it was a normal full season, not a condensed bubble ring, and they set a record for most wins in a row that still stands.

I don't see LeBron getting a statue but it's not LeBron's fault the Lakers had the best team when a pandemic hit. Bubble or not Lakers were winning a ring that year. They had the full package, just like what the Nuggets have right now. That championship is just as valid as Wilt's. They also would have likely repeated if AD had not gone down. That's not LeBron's fault either. He had them in position to win two and it was bad luck they only won one.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
ducasse wrote:
derek94 wrote:

Oh, he definitely has new banana boat friends, and I can bet you Dray is on it now. Find someone who loves you the way Dray loves Lebron.

All he has to do is sign with the Warriors... Since 3 of those guys on the Warriors right now.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:24 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
ducasse wrote:
derek94 wrote:

All he has to do is sign with the Warriors... Since 3 of those guys on the Warriors right now.

Or back to the Cavs for a farewell season, with Garland, Mitchell, Mobley, and Jarrett Allen as sidekicks.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Davis this series:

32.3 PPG
13.3 RPG
1.7 BPG
61.5% FG

Down 0-3.

“Last time Lakers had a guy like this (SHAQ) they 3 peat. Guess who the other player was ..Kobe. This is one of the many reasons why Majority of NBA players rather have Kobe over Lebron because if you switched Lebron & Kobe in this team now they wouldn’t lose” - Rick Fox
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:28 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

32.3 PPG
13.3 RPG
1.7 BPG
61.5% FG

Down 0-3.

“Last time Lakers had a guy like this (SHAQ) they 3 peat. Guess who the other player was ..Kobe. This is one of the many reasons why Majority of NBA players rather have Kobe over Lebron because if you switched Lebron & Kobe in this team now they wouldn’t lose” - Rick Fox

AD has been more empty stats against Denver then him playing above his head and shoulders
sydneykb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:38 pm    Post subject:

LeBron at this current age should just play like Karl Malone, bullying smaller players in the low post or shooting midrange jump shots. Attacking from perimeter wastes too much energy. If Lakers can get an elite point guard to run the offence, I don't mind getting Bron back.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:47 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

32.3 PPG
13.3 RPG
1.7 BPG
61.5% FG

Down 0-3.

LeBron is 39. And he's playing decently well in his own right. Scored 26 or 27 in all 3 games on over 50% from the field and 41% from 3. Had 8, 12, and 9 assists in those games respectively.

Everyone knew AD and LeBron would need more support as they got older.

How's that support going by the way? How did DLo do?

It's AMAZING how the supporting cast continues to avoid criticism from some fans.

These guys aren't scrubs, but they're not good enough to be key pieces on a championship team. AD and LeBron need someone else because they're not quite the best duo anymore.

The supporting cast is supposed be good enough to lighten the responsibility on AD and LeBron, but they've been outright worse than Denver's.

Denver has the best star AND the superior supporting cast.
coldzim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:49 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

32.3 PPG
13.3 RPG
1.7 BPG
61.5% FG

Down 0-3.

Meanwhile your boy DLO:

Game 3 - 0 point, 0/7 FG.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:56 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

32.3 PPG
13.3 RPG
1.7 BPG
61.5% FG

Down 0-3.

Kobe also never got swept in the first round, EVER.

Kobe with AD would have been broken. Kobe when he just had a regular all star level talent like Pau Gasol was championship contenders. Kobe with AD? Another 3 peat at least.
coldzim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:00 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Kobe with AD would have been broken. Kobe when he just had a regular all star level talent like Pau Gasol was championship contenders. Kobe with AD? Another 3 peat at least.

With Darvin Ham?

Also we need remember the injuries(especially AD) we had in the last seasons...
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:10 am    Post subject:

I love Kobe, but man people use their fandom of him to cloud their judgment of LeBron.

You're comparing someone in his prime to someone who is 39.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:11 am    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
LeBron is 39.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when people keep making this BS excuse.

He's getting paid $50 mill per year, and is looking to get paid $60 mill per year on a new contract. I don't care if Lebron is 50 or 25, if he is getting paid like the best player in the world, then I except best player in the world production.

If he were getting $10 mill or $15 mill, then this would be an acceptable excuse, but not when he makes basically 70% of the team's cap space alone.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:12 am    Post subject:

coldzim wrote:
Megaton wrote:

With Darvin Ham?

Also we need remember the injuries(especially AD) we had in the last seasons...

No. Kobe would have had him fired much eariler like he did with Mike Brown with that death glare lol.

Frank Vogel would have never gotten fired probably.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:19 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Japago wrote:
LeBron is 39.

He's getting paid $50 mill per year, and is looking to get paid $60 mill per year on a new contract. I don't care if Lebron is 50 or 25, if he is getting paid like the best player in the world, then I except best player in the world production.

If he were getting $10 mill or $15 mill, then this would be an acceptable excuse, but not when he makes basically 70% of the team's cap space alone.

He's still great, and is playing great. He's definitively better than Bradley Beal, Jaylen Brown, KAT, Jimmy Butler, Damian Lillard, and Paul George out of players making $48 mil plus. He's in the same class as Curry, Durant, Booker, and Kawhi in that money range.

He's not overpaid. The Lakers' aren't getting anything out of cheap players and not getting enough out of the other guys making 8 figures per season.

The Lakers need a better supporting cast. And the Lakers need to be willing to pay for it.

Lakers being too cheap may also factor in. The Nuggets have Jokic at ~$48 mil, Murray and Porter at ~$34 mil, and Gordon at ~$22 mil.

Last edited by Japago on Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:21 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
MJST wrote:

32.3 PPG
13.3 RPG
1.7 BPG
61.5% FG

Down 0-3.

Kobe’s greatest endorsement was this

No training camp, Pau being 0-12 in playoff games, mid season trade, youngest core group to ever make a finals in that decade, and he went to three straight finals and won two titles while winning gold medals with Odom as his third guy and Fisher as his partner.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:27 am    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Japago wrote:
LeBron is 39.

He's still great, and is playing great. He's definitively better than Bradley Beal, Jaylen Brown, KAT, Jimmy Butler, Damian Lillard, and Paul George out of players making $48 mil plus. He's in the same class as Curry, Durant, Booker, and Kawhi in that money range.

He's not overpaid. The Lakers' aren't getting anything out of cheap players and not getting enough out of the other guys making 8 figures per season.

You can't have it both ways. Either he is great and should be getting paid what he is, but also call him out when he's not playing up to that production, or call him that 39 year old and someone that should be getting paid much less due to that age.

Because right now, he ain't a top 10 player anymore. Judt because you had idiot teams like the Wizards overpaying guys like Bradley Beal, doesn't mean they were ever worth it. Just like how Lebron isn't worth his contract at all. Nor would he be worth that stupid $60 mill per.

Lebron is very much overpaid for being the 2nd best player on a team that's a 7th seed at best every year.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:33 am    Post subject:

Other than the finals? Does round really matter that much? The Lakers would've been swept had they faced the Mavericks in the first round in 2011.

The Nuggets are just a vastly better-built team with the better current superstar.

Kobe wouldn't overcome that. The Lakers had fantastic teams around Kobe when they won rings.

These Lakers currently aren't nearly that good.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2087, 2088, 2089 ... 2097, 2098, 2099  Next
Page 2088 of 2099
Jump to: