LeBron James Watch (Heisler: LeBron making Calls to Players who he Wants to Play with- p.423)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 357, 358, 359 ... 428, 429, 430  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 14976

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Right now, its just a lot of people talking who don't know anything, and are just speculating. I'd take any scoop/story with a grain of salt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 14976

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

We have three big assets (BI, Kuz, Lonzo). I would reluctantly give up one of them (we're talking about Kawhi), but that's it, and it sure as hell wouldn't be for CP3.

Other than that, we worked too hard and tanked too long to get these assets. We need young pieces to build on after Lebron's gone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VocabuLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Mar 2006
Posts: 777
Location: Venice Beach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
We have three big assets (BI, Kuz, Lonzo). I would reluctantly give up one of them (we're talking about Kawhi), but that's it, and it sure as hell wouldn't be for CP3.

Other than that, we worked too hard and tanked too long to get these assets. We need young pieces to build on after Lebron's gone.


We need young pieces to build. This may be the summer that we use those young pieces to complete the build.

I could care less as to which ones are traded. If they are traded it will be for proven talent. I like our young talent but happy to trade up at any opportunity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 May 2011
Posts: 2049

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
We have three big assets (BI, Kuz, Lonzo). I would reluctantly give up one of them (we're talking about Kawhi), but that's it, and it sure as hell wouldn't be for CP3.

Other than that, we worked too hard and tanked too long to get these assets. We need young pieces to build on after Lebron's gone.


According to most, it would have to take Lakers trading 2 of the 3 for Kawhi. Stephen A. Smith the other day mentioned the Spurs would probably ask for both Ingram and Kuzma, but not Lonzo because Spurs donít want to deal with the Ball circus.
_________________
Tacos

Formerly known as Nashlight
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 2683

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject:

1 of 3 is fine between BI/ZO/Kuz

but not 2 and most definitely 3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 56099

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
We have three big assets (BI, Kuz, Lonzo). I would reluctantly give up one of them (we're talking about Kawhi), but that's it, and it sure as hell wouldn't be for CP3.

Other than that, we worked too hard and tanked too long to get these assets. We need young pieces to build on after Lebron's gone.


According to most, it would have to take Lakers trading 2 of the 3 for Kawhi. Stephen A. Smith the other day mentioned the Spurs would probably ask for both Ingram and Kuzma, but not Lonzo because Spurs donít want to deal with the Ball circus.


Great so we are stuck with the Ball circus.
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Posts: 2157

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
adkindo wrote:
just my gut....but I think if Lebron's master plan includes CP3 in LA.....Lonzo or Ingram will be going to OKC.....because I think that plan would include PG-13 opting in to be traded. I would think OKC would want Ingram, but I assume that would require the Lakers to feel Ball could play and be effective playing off ball a decent amount of the time....kind of sharing on/off ball with CP3 similar to how Houston used him with Harden.

maybe I am way off, but I think CP3 would be the 3rd part of the plan, and Lebron would have already worked the plan out with PG. I think Lebron knows he will need 3 guys to contend with Warriors....and one will have to come via trade. So Lebron and CP3 take an equally sized discount to fit....maybe Deng, Ingram and some picks go out to trade for PG-13, resign Randle. Use the room level exception on a Center....maybe Lopez or even Noel if that is what Rich Paul requires. Add some minimum young guys and vets.

CP3
Ball
PG-13
Lebron
Randle or Lopez?

still have Kuzma, Hart, Bryant, (Noel, Randle or Lopez) off the bench. It could work.


PG13 would be giving up nearly 12 million by opting in. There is also no way OKC in win now mode is taking on Deng.

The only really way to get the 3 together is a S&T of Deng + Ball or Ingram for Lebron.


I disagree with you...you lose PG for nothing with no cap to replace him....or you get Ingram and some assets.


OKCs luxury tax bill would be insane if they took on Deng. I donít think their owner is spending and additional 70 million for Ingram.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 2580

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Lebron cometh. PG13 should take less money so we could resign JR without doing something drastic. He isn't worth the supermax anyways.

Lebron + PG13 + our young core = dynasty

Can you dig it!!
_________________
#TrustThePlan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 90617
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Lebron cometh. PG13 should take less money so we could resign JR without doing something drastic. He isn't worth the supermax anyways.

Lebron + PG13 + our young core = dynasty

Can you dig it!!
m
Neither lbj or pg13 are eligible for the ďSupermax.Ē
_________________
Plan A: PG13/LBJ/re-sign Jules/Brook (room ex.)
Plan B: PG13/re-sign Jules/punt rest of cap to 2019
Plan C: re-sign Jules/do not extend mediocre players to long term deals
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Mar 2003
Posts: 12222

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
1 of 3 is fine between BI/ZO/Kuz

but not 2 and most definitely 3


as kobe said back in the day.. ship their *** out.

we are talking about KL here.
_________________
Dominating every day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 2580

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Lebron cometh. PG13 should take less money so we could resign JR without doing something drastic. He isn't worth the supermax anyways.

Lebron + PG13 + our young core = dynasty

Can you dig it!!
m
Neither lbj or pg13 are eligible for the ďSupermax.Ē


Supermax as in a really big contract. $30M for PG13 is a lot. $35M for Lebron is still not enough but he'll just have to "settle" for it.
_________________
#TrustThePlan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 4158
Location: Oceanside Ca

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
We have three big assets (BI, Kuz, Lonzo). I would reluctantly give up one of them (we're talking about Kawhi), but that's it, and it sure as hell wouldn't be for CP3.

Other than that, we worked too hard and tanked too long to get these assets. We need young pieces to build on after Lebron's gone.


According to most, it would have to take Lakers trading 2 of the 3 for Kawhi. Stephen A. Smith the other day mentioned the Spurs would probably ask for both Ingram and Kuzma, but not Lonzo because Spurs donít want to deal with the Ball circus.


Spurs can Kick rocks! Because if they Trade KL it Is because he wont sign with them. That means they have no leverage because he would be a FA the following year. And we could end up like OKC when they traded for George and George leaves them for US
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 4158
Location: Oceanside Ca

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
We have three big assets (BI, Kuz, Lonzo). I would reluctantly give up one of them (we're talking about Kawhi), but that's it, and it sure as hell wouldn't be for CP3.

Other than that, we worked too hard and tanked too long to get these assets. We need young pieces to build on after Lebron's gone.


According to most, it would have to take Lakers trading 2 of the 3 for Kawhi. Stephen A. Smith the other day mentioned the Spurs would probably ask for both Ingram and Kuzma, but not Lonzo because Spurs donít want to deal with the Ball circus.


Great so we are stuck with the Ball circus.


It is only a circus because people pay attention to his Dad. He has yet to do something that brings a negative light. As for the free style rap, I ignore that he is a kid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 13032

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
1 of 3 is fine between BI/ZO/Kuz

but not 2 and most definitely 3


as kobe said back in the day.. ship their *** out.

we are talking about KL here.


Is he healthy though?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RG73
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2001
Posts: 9833

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:


It is only a circus because people pay attention to his Dad. He has yet to do something that brings a negative light. As for the free style rap, I ignore that he is a kid.


His mere existence is a negative light in the world. Like if I had to rank the worst things in the world, it's like global warming, genocide in Yemen, the Dotard and Rocket Man, killing puppies and then LaVar Ball. And he might be worse than killing puppies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 2580

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
32 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
We have three big assets (BI, Kuz, Lonzo). I would reluctantly give up one of them (we're talking about Kawhi), but that's it, and it sure as hell wouldn't be for CP3.

Other than that, we worked too hard and tanked too long to get these assets. We need young pieces to build on after Lebron's gone.


According to most, it would have to take Lakers trading 2 of the 3 for Kawhi. Stephen A. Smith the other day mentioned the Spurs would probably ask for both Ingram and Kuzma, but not Lonzo because Spurs donít want to deal with the Ball circus.


Great so we are stuck with the Ball circus.


It is only a circus because people pay attention to his Dad. He has yet to do something that brings a negative light. As for the free style rap, I ignore that he is a kid.


Hard for people to ignore Lavar when he keeps going on BSPN and starts shooting off his mouth. People are going to talk about it. If and when that happened, we probably wouldn't be able to move Lonzo if we wanted to.
_________________
#TrustThePlan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 4158
Location: Oceanside Ca

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:


It is only a circus because people pay attention to his Dad. He has yet to do something that brings a negative light. As for the free style rap, I ignore that he is a kid.


His mere existence is a negative light in the world. Like if I had to rank the worst things in the world, it's like global warming, genocide in Yemen, the Dotard and Rocket Man, killing puppies and then LaVar Ball. And he might be worse than killing puppies.


But you are referring to the Father of a basketball player on the Lakers. Not a player on the Lakers. Cant punish a man for the faults of his father.

"We can't chose our father"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 4158
Location: Oceanside Ca

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
32 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
We have three big assets (BI, Kuz, Lonzo). I would reluctantly give up one of them (we're talking about Kawhi), but that's it, and it sure as hell wouldn't be for CP3.

Other than that, we worked too hard and tanked too long to get these assets. We need young pieces to build on after Lebron's gone.


According to most, it would have to take Lakers trading 2 of the 3 for Kawhi. Stephen A. Smith the other day mentioned the Spurs would probably ask for both Ingram and Kuzma, but not Lonzo because Spurs donít want to deal with the Ball circus.


Great so we are stuck with the Ball circus.


It is only a circus because people pay attention to his Dad. He has yet to do something that brings a negative light. As for the free style rap, I ignore that he is a kid.


Hard for people to ignore Lavar when he keeps going on BSPN and starts shooting off his mouth. People are going to talk about it. If and when that happened, we probably wouldn't be able to move Lonzo if we wanted to.


With all the deficiencies that people have and the accessibility of social media. We are lucky to have a kid like ball with a loud mouth father.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RG73
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2001
Posts: 9833

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:


But you are referring to the Father of a basketball player on the Lakers. Not a player on the Lakers. Cant punish a man for the faults of his father.

"We can't chose our father"


When he is a shill for his father and lets him control his career and public image, yeah, you can fault him for not growing a pair.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 14976

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject:

VocabuLaker wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
We have three big assets (BI, Kuz, Lonzo). I would reluctantly give up one of them (we're talking about Kawhi), but that's it, and it sure as hell wouldn't be for CP3.

Other than that, we worked too hard and tanked too long to get these assets. We need young pieces to build on after Lebron's gone.


We need young pieces to build. This may be the summer that we use those young pieces to complete the build.

I could care less as to which ones are traded. If they are traded it will be for proven talent. I like our young talent but happy to trade up at any opportunity


You don't get it. How old is Lebron? Eventually, guys are going to get old...and then what? You just traded away your assets/young players, have nothing to build on, and have to start over again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 5311

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:


But you are referring to the Father of a basketball player on the Lakers. Not a player on the Lakers. Cant punish a man for the faults of his father.

"We can't chose our father"


When he is a shill for his father and lets him control his career and public image, yeah, you can fault him for not growing a pair.


+1
_________________
"We are the goodest." - Shaq ESPN interview
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 7199

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject:

ah summer...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2001
Posts: 16551

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
RG73 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:


But you are referring to the Father of a basketball player on the Lakers. Not a player on the Lakers. Cant punish a man for the faults of his father.

"We can't chose our father"


When he is a shill for his father and lets him control his career and public image, yeah, you can fault him for not growing a pair.


+1

Hey, Kawhi's uncle is controlling his career also and dude is a top 5 player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSanity
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 31162
Location: Long Beach, California

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject:

In a way, I'm hoping the first dominoe is a Kawhi supermax extension. Since I dont think CP3 leaves Houston nor are any of the other available players worth trading our youngs for, I think the only road left at that point would be one or two max players and keeping our young core. I really dont want us to split up our young guys. The whole plan to me was to have the best of both worlds - youth and ready made stars, not one or the other. We have a chance at having our cake and eating it too. Hope we dont screw it up.
_________________
LakersGround's Terms of Service


Last edited by LakerSanity on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 3979
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
32 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
We have three big assets (BI, Kuz, Lonzo). I would reluctantly give up one of them (we're talking about Kawhi), but that's it, and it sure as hell wouldn't be for CP3.

Other than that, we worked too hard and tanked too long to get these assets. We need young pieces to build on after Lebron's gone.


According to most, it would have to take Lakers trading 2 of the 3 for Kawhi. Stephen A. Smith the other day mentioned the Spurs would probably ask for both Ingram and Kuzma, but not Lonzo because Spurs donít want to deal with the Ball circus.


Great so we are stuck with the Ball circus.


It is only a circus because people pay attention to his Dad. He has yet to do something that brings a negative light. As for the free style rap, I ignore that he is a kid.


Hard for people to ignore Lavar when he keeps going on BSPN and starts shooting off his mouth. People are going to talk about it. If and when that happened, we probably wouldn't be able to move Lonzo if we wanted to.


With all the deficiencies that people have and the accessibility of social media. We are lucky to have a kid like ball with a loud mouth father.

One of the problems Lavar has created is that other players around the league don't like or respect Lonzo. It's not Lonzo himself - he's really low key - it's his dad. There were incidents this year on the court where other players bullied him. If Lavar doesn't be quiet and let things run their course it could cause some real problems.
_________________
"Lindsay Hunter is starting to make Devean George look like John Stockton" - Bill Walton, Game 4 of the 2002 WCFs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 357, 358, 359 ... 428, 429, 430  Next
Page 358 of 430
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB