Favorite Shots in Laker History
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject:

If I have to choose one it would be Magic Baby Hook against Celtics

The most emblematic was Kobe Alley-Oop to Shaq. I don't know why because I'm usually realistic to a fault, but I never had doubts we were going to win this game even when we were down. It was like Ali going against Foreman.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject:

A good playoff one that kinda got overshadowed over the years was Perkins for 3 to win Gm 1 of the 91 Finals. Magic dribbling down the clock and then the diagonal pass to Perk.

Vladimir's stumbling drive to tie Gm 3 was a great Laker moment. Magic hugging him, Vlade going up to him for approval like a kid.

Magic's ball roll-out at end of Gm 6 vs Porty wasn't a game winner, but still a one of a kind play in NBA lore. Never seen anyone think of doing that before or since. There was even a game a few yrs ago where a guy threw the ball in the air to milk the final secs, but an opponent caught and flung in a redonkulous trey to tie at the buzzer. I think Toronto was one of the teams. Anyway, had the dude pulled a Magic instead, they prolly win.

That's it.

IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Thought it was possible to compile all of the clips from page 1 of this thread (except for the Rick Fox bank shot) of the highest quality available and render the compilation while on a 60 minute lunch break.

Will be taking courses on time management beginning tomorrow.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject:

I'd like to add those three three pointers against toronto in 2013
PopcornMachine#32
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject:

Horry's three vs. Kings and D-Fish 0.4 for sure. Please check out my article on growing up a spoiled Lakers fan: https://inthefrontrow.com/i-grew-up-a-spoiled-lakers-fan/ Let me know what you think. Would love some feedback.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject:

PopcornMachine#32 wrote:
Horry's three vs. Kings and D-Fish 0.4 for sure. Please check out my article on growing up a spoiled Lakers fan: https://inthefrontrow.com/i-grew-up-a-spoiled-lakers-fan/ Let me know what you think. Would love some feedback.

Being in my 20's these two shots stick out to me as well, some of the most excited times in my life watching those go in. I remember after Duncan hit that shot I turned off my tv in anger because I thought no way we can get off a shot in .4 seconds. Turned in back on just in time to catch the shot, but remained stoic because I knew we'd have to review it. Then celebrated like hell when it was good.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject:

great compilation by ipk. the horry shot is just gigantic historically. even more poetic in that both #1 and #2 options had point blank chances before dropping in horry's lap. one of the reasons i'm glad to be a laker fan is that i think we have by far the most important shots in history on our side. a few from the celtics, mostly from a long time ago, but the far majority of them are pro-laker moments. no other fanbase has had the volume of these feelings.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: