Hollywood Hoops: Can Lonzo Ball Live Up to Hype or Will Lakers Draft Elsewhere?

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff


Joined: 15 Apr 2001
Posts: 24768

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Hollywood Hoops: Can Lonzo Ball Live Up to Hype or Will Lakers Draft Elsewhere?

Hey all,

Here's the latest Hollywood Hoops Ep. 36:
Can Lonzo Ball Live Up to Hype or Will L.A. Lakers Draft Elsewhere? w/@JoshMartinNBA

https://www.almightyballer.com/hollywood-hoops-ep-35-can-lonzo-ball-live-up-to-hype-los-angeles-lakers-draft/

Cheers,

Eric
_________________
LA Lakers Lead Writer at Bleacher Report & NBA Senior Writer at www.basketballinsiders.com and on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/EricPincus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 7045

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:50 am    Post subject:

Josh Jackson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 7120
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

JJ would be a huge waste at the number two when you can draft a guy who does the same things he does at the 28 with Jordan Bell. Bell is actually more athletic and a better defender than JJ.
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss

"I think we often overlook the best way for a team like these Lakers to obtain star level players is to turn their current players into stars, rather than looking for outside help."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
acer77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 16 Jun 2017
Posts: 245

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

Josh Jackson is the best player in the draft but Lakers have a logjam at forward so they gotta go with their biggest need: PG, Lonzo Ball.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakeshow440
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 16 Jun 2017
Posts: 22

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:
Josh Jackson is the best player in the draft but Lakers have a logjam at forward so they gotta go with their biggest need: PG, Lonzo Ball.

Fultz is the best player and its not even close.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
acer77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 16 Jun 2017
Posts: 245

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow440 wrote:
acer77 wrote:
Josh Jackson is the best player in the draft but Lakers have a logjam at forward so they gotta go with their biggest need: PG, Lonzo Ball.

Fultz is the best player and its not even close.


Fultz is a ball-hog who'll be the biggest flop since Anthony Bennett.

Ball will be an All-Star.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 7045

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Jackson or Ball? Who should we pick?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 225

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
JJ would be a huge waste at the number two when you can draft a guy who does the same things he does at the 28 with Jordan Bell. Bell is actually more athletic and a better defender than JJ.


Lol at comparing Josh Jackson to Jordan Bell, Jackson will be a top 5 player in the league in about 7 years or so where as Bell will be a role player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 14421

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject:

lakid wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
JJ would be a huge waste at the number two when you can draft a guy who does the same things he does at the 28 with Jordan Bell. Bell is actually more athletic and a better defender than JJ.


Lol at comparing Josh Jackson to Jordan Bell, Jackson will be a top 5 player in the league in about 7 years or so where as Bell will be a role player.
Is that a fact?
_________________
Music is my medicine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PopcornMachine#32
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 14 May 2017
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject:

Check out my article on why us Laker fans shouldn't believe the Lonzo Ball Hype https://inthefrontrow.com/hey-laker-fans-dont-believe-the-hype/ Let me know what u guys think. Interested to hear your feedback.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 7120
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject:

lakid wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
JJ would be a huge waste at the number two when you can draft a guy who does the same things he does at the 28 with Jordan Bell. Bell is actually more athletic and a better defender than JJ.


Lol at comparing Josh Jackson to Jordan Bell, Jackson will be a top 5 player in the league in about 7 years or so where as Bell will be a role player.


All Bell needs is to develop a consistent 3 pointer, same with Jackson. In my opinion bell is a superior defender, he is faster, longer, has better hops and more intensity. Sleep on Bell at your own risk.

Jackson is a hustle energy guy just like Bell, not sure why he is so far up the board. IMO he will be no where near a top 5 player in the league ever.
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss

"I think we often overlook the best way for a team like these Lakers to obtain star level players is to turn their current players into stars, rather than looking for outside help."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2006
Posts: 7196
Location: Left coast

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Hollywood Hoops: Can Lonzo Ball Live Up to Hype or Will Lakers Draft Elsewhere?

emplay wrote:
Hey all,

Here's the latest Hollywood Hoops Ep. 36:
Can Lonzo Ball Live Up to Hype or Will L.A. Lakers Draft Elsewhere? w/@JoshMartinNBA

https://www.almightyballer.com/hollywood-hoops-ep-35-can-lonzo-ball-live-up-to-hype-los-angeles-lakers-draft/

Cheers,

Eric

Yes, he can and will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
acer77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 16 Jun 2017
Posts: 245

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
lakid wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
JJ would be a huge waste at the number two when you can draft a guy who does the same things he does at the 28 with Jordan Bell. Bell is actually more athletic and a better defender than JJ.


Lol at comparing Josh Jackson to Jordan Bell, Jackson will be a top 5 player in the league in about 7 years or so where as Bell will be a role player.


All Bell needs is to develop a consistent 3 pointer, same with Jackson. In my opinion bell is a superior defender, he is faster, longer, has better hops and more intensity. Sleep on Bell at your own risk.

Jackson is a hustle energy guy just like Bell, not sure why he is so far up the board. IMO he will be no where near a top 5 player in the league ever.



Bell has no offensive game to speak of but very good on defense. Think Ben Wallace.

Josh Jackson can dominate both ends of the court. Think Scottie Pippen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
youcantguardme
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Posts: 911

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Tanlentueux wrote:
Josh Jackson


This
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
youcantguardme
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Posts: 911

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject:

PopcornMachine#32 wrote:
Check out my article on why us Laker fans shouldn't believe the Lonzo Ball Hype https://inthefrontrow.com/hey-laker-fans-dont-believe-the-hype/ Let me know what u guys think. Interested to hear your feedback.


I agree 100% on her hype. I'm not saying the kid is no good. I am saying that he has shown nothing that indicates he had the ability to be a future all-star or even more than a slightly above average NBA player.

Fools gold at #2.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Apr 2006
Posts: 14056
Location: Raleigh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Now that Russell is gone, I think we all know it's going to be Lonzo Ball. Whether or not he can do what we hope is all a wait and see. But it would appear Pelinka and Magic think he's the real deal...real enough to trade away Russell.

Kobe was good enough to trade away Eddie Jones, and then even Nick Van Exel (2 all stars)...which at the time I thought was a mistake. But Kobe turned out to be one of the greatest of all time.

I'm not saying Ball is the next superstar on Kobe's level...but the Laker brass seems to be pretty high on him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 3055
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject:

Tick wrote:
Now that Russell is gone, I think we all know it's going to be Lonzo Ball. Whether or not he can do what we hope is all a wait and see. But it would appear Pelinka and Magic think he's the real deal...real enough to trade away Russell.

Kobe was good enough to trade away Eddie Jones, and then even Nick Van Exel (2 all stars)...which at the time I thought was a mistake. But Kobe turned out to be one of the greatest of all time.

I'm not saying Ball is the next superstar on Kobe's level...but the Laker brass seems to be pretty high on him.


I completely agree with what you're saying... it seems like we are obviously picking Ball. I hope he's the clear choice in this draft, see that we shipped Russell out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Threatt_Level
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 30 Jul 2014
Posts: 38

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

Tick wrote:

Kobe was good enough to trade away Eddie Jones, and then even Nick Van Exel (2 all stars)...which at the time I thought was a mistake.


The Eddie Jones trade was a mistake at the time and history has borne it out to be a mistake. Kobe would've been Kobe regardless of whether or not Eddie was on the team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB