Ryan West - Laker's Director of Player Personnel may join Dad with Clippers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:39 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Lawrence Tanter wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
jeanie is the worst owner in the nba

Fail comment of the day. Be thankful none of these buffoons own the Lakers:

James Dolan, Knicks
Josh Harris, 76ers
Vivek Ranadive, Kings
Robert Sarver, Suns
Stan Kroenke, Nuggets

Jeannie is light years ahead of them. I have full confidence in her ability to lead the Lakers.

And the OKC owner who nickel and dimed his team and lost Harden.
Or The Cavs Dan Gilbert who is a slimeball.
Or Prokorhov the absentee owner who let Billy King assault his franchise.
Or the Minnesota, secret contract for Joe Smith, owner.
Or the petty crying Jordan of the Hornets.

I could probably list more losers here if I Googled the owners of other clubs.

The hate Jeanie gets on this board is absurd.

Well that's what happens when you don't have any good moves under your belt and you fail to make obvious ones like hiring Jerry West as a consultant.

Mitch was hated until he made the Gasol trade.

No good moves? Getting rid of Jim Buss is probably a Top 10 move in the NBA for the year. Bringing in Magic. Running an efficient business side of the house. Etc.

I agree not getting West was a mistake. But for me one that is likely inconsequential in the grand scheme of things (the hysteria on here the past day has been quite amusing).

Suddenly now she's the worst? Even though without any effort you see listed here 10 owners who are easily worse. Seriously -- of the 10 owners we've llisted here, would you take any of those instead?

Running the business side is irrelevant. Being succesful in one basketball area does not translate in another (see Phil).

Her other relevant basketball moves included "Stay Dwight" and the Lamarcus Aldrige twitter fiasco. Not exactly confidence inspiring.

Replacing Jim is a good move only if it leads to better results not worse/the same. The jury is out on magic/pelinka but if not hiring west is an indication then it doesn't bode well for the future.

She deserves to be bashed for ignoring west especially since Jim was bashed for ignoring phil as coach. As long as she hasn't proven herself, I can see it's arguable on her being the worst owner in the league. As some have pointed out, the preception of our FO from other fans with terrible FO's is similar to our views.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:23 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Lawrence Tanter wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

James Dolan, Knicks
Josh Harris, 76ers
Vivek Ranadive, Kings
Robert Sarver, Suns
Stan Kroenke, Nuggets

Jeannie is light years ahead of them. I have full confidence in her ability to lead the Lakers.

Well that's what happens when you don't have any good moves under your belt and you fail to make obvious ones like hiring Jerry West as a consultant.

No good moves? Getting rid of Jim Buss is probably a Top 10 move in the NBA for the year. Bringing in Magic. Running an efficient business side of the house. Etc.

I agree not getting West was a mistake. But for me one that is likely inconsequential in the grand scheme of things (the hysteria on here the past day has been quite amusing).

Suddenly now she's the worst? Even though without any effort you see listed here 10 owners who are easily worse. Seriously -- of the 10 owners we've llisted here, would you take any of those instead?

Running the business side is irrelevant. Being succesful in one basketball area does not translate in another (see Phil).

Her other relevant basketball moves included "Stay Dwight" and the Lamarcus Aldrige twitter fiasco. Not exactly confidence inspiring.

Replacing Jim is a good move only if it leads to better results not worse/the same. The jury is out on magic/pelinka but if not hiring west is an indication then it doesn't bode well for the future.

She deserves to be bashed for ignoring west especially since Jim was bashed for ignoring phil as coach. As long as she hasn't proven herself, I can see it's arguable on her being the worst owner in the league. As some have pointed out, the preception of our FO from other fans with terrible FO's is similar to our views.

So of the 10 listed, would you have any of them as your owner rather than Jeannie?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:39 am    Post subject:

That's a dumb question

Why replace a bad owner with a bad owner

I want to replace bad owner with good owner
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:50 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
That's a dumb question

Why replace a bad owner with a bad owner

I want to replace bad owner with good owner

Moving the goal posts are we? You specifically said Jeannie is the WORST owner in the NBA. Therefore the question is perfectly valid -- if you believe she is the worst, then that means that you believe that every person listed would be a better owner than her.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject:

Okay then. Any of those other 9 then. happy now

But in the end that doesn't get us anywhere.

or maybe it does. maybe we finally get an owner that doesn't trash her own organization right before free agency every year
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:07 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

or maybe it does. maybe we finally get an owner that doesn't trash talk her own organization right before free agency every year

Look, she's definitely not at the level of a Paul Allen (philanthropist) or Peter Holt (Stability) or Cuban (Passionate Support). That wasn't my point. If you tallied up all the other owners, I'd say she'd probably be average -- right around 15th. What I find needs to be discussed is the needless hate that she gets, where hyperbole marks her as a horrible human being and worst this and that.

Just to add to the ten loser owners mentioned, here's some others:

- Magic's DeVos: Built empire on a pyramid scheme, actively funding campaigns to roll back civil rights for the LGBT community

- Bulls Reinsdorf: Dismantled a dynasty since he believed Management and not players won championships

- Detroit's Gores: Had an affair with his brother's wife!

- Pelican's Benson: His family makes the Buss' look like the Brady Bunch (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/pelicans-and-saints-owner-tom-benson-says-family-members-tried-to-kill-him/)

Is she perfect? No. But I'd definitely have her instead of a homophobe, Fat Reinsdorf, the Manson family, people who make money off of the misery of others, and on and on.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

or maybe it does. maybe we finally get an owner that doesn't trash talk her own organization right before free agency every year

Look, she's definitely not at the level of a Paul Allen (philanthropist) or Peter Holt (Stability) or Cuban (Passionate Support). That wasn't my point. If you tallied up all the other owners, I'd say she'd probably be average -- right around 15th. What I find needs to be discussed is the needless hate that she gets, where hyperbole marks her as a horrible human being and worst this and that.

- Magic's DeVos: Built empire on a pyramid scheme, actively funding campaigns to roll back civil rights for the LGBT community

- Bulls Reinsdorf: Dismantled a dynasty since he believed Management and not players won championships

- Pelican's Benson: His family makes the Buss' look like the Brady Bunch (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/pelicans-and-saints-owner-tom-benson-says-family-members-tried-to-kill-him/)

Is she perfect? No. But I'd definitely have her instead of a homophobe, Fat Reinsdorf, the Manson family, people who make money off of the misery of others, and on and on.

Are forum members saying she's a bad person like some of these other owners? It seems like more are judging her competence as an owner, not whether she's a good human being nor not.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject:

Fire Doc, hire ryan for ops, hire mark jackson to coach, fire mark jackson.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Are forum members saying she's a bad person like some of these other owners? It seems like more are judging her competence as an owner, not whether she's a good human being nor not.

#stillbetterthanJim
(even with Jwest)
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

I think you've missed this and many other ownership threads where some (obviously not majority) posters portray her as evil incarnate. Personally, for something I put so much time and energy into, I'd like an owner who is both competent and a decent human being.

On competence, like I said, she's average. And recently (excluding this ONE thing on The Logo), I think she's actually doing quite well. As someone already mentioned, thankfully so much better than Jim
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject:

I don't think she is evil incarnate. just a bad owner
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject:

any guess when ryan will make the move? me thinks post draft. he learned from jeanine that loyalty means squat and to act quickly once things are in place.
lakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
any guess when ryan will make the move? me thinks post draft. he learned from jeanine that loyalty means squat and to act quickly once things are in place.

Is it set in stone that Ryan West leaves the Lakers??? I would think that he would want to make his own legacy and he won't do that with the Clippers working under his father. The bottomline is this, as much as Clipper fans hate to admit it, they will always be an afterthought in LA and second fiddle, even if they are the better team. Simple as that, it's like UCLA Football to USC Football or USc Basketball to UCLA Basketball. Ryan's biggest payday and credibility builder will be as eventually taking over as the Lakers GM.
ToastedMuffins
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:

This statement gives me the hyperbolic vibes of a child crying that ice cream is terrible and they never want to eat it again because the parlor happened to run out of their favorite flavor one day.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Lawrence Tanter wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

James Dolan, Knicks
Josh Harris, 76ers
Vivek Ranadive, Kings
Robert Sarver, Suns
Stan Kroenke, Nuggets

And Mitch had 2 titles prior to Gasol. Jeanie and her siblings have given us fans the worst 4 year period in Laker history. They have created a bottom 2 team. That is their legacy.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject:

lakid wrote:

Is it set in stone that Ryan West leaves the Lakers??? I would think that he would want to make his own legacy and he won't do that with the Clippers working under his father. The bottomline is this, as much as Clipper fans hate to admit it, they will always be an afterthought in LA and second fiddle, even if they are the better team. Simple as that, it's like UCLA Football to USC Football or USc Basketball to UCLA Basketball. Ryan's biggest payday and credibility builder will be as eventually taking over as the Lakers GM.

Ryan West might have been on the road map to future GM before the coup but that could be a long wait now. Mitch was in his 60s and on the wrong side in the Jim/Jeannie war but she handpicked Magic and Magic handpicked Pelinka. West is a holdover from the previous regime and it seems like the other Buss brothers are trying to get their names attached to any future success in rebuilding the team.
lakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
lakid wrote:

Ryan West might have been on the road map to future GM before the coup but that could be a long wait now. Mitch was in his 60s and on the wrong side in the Jim/Jeannie war but she handpicked Magic and Magic handpicked Pelinka. West is a holdover from the previous regime and it seems like the other Buss brothers are trying to get their names attached to any future success in rebuilding the team.

I don't see this as a long term play for Pelinka to be honest. I really think this is like a 3 year stop for him and then he either goes back to his previous field where he likely made a lot more money or he moves up to VP of Bball Operations.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Lawrence Tanter wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

James Dolan, Knicks
Josh Harris, 76ers
Vivek Ranadive, Kings
Robert Sarver, Suns
Stan Kroenke, Nuggets

So of the 10 listed, would you have any of them as your owner rather than Jeannie?

Any of the 10 since it can hardly get worse. You could debate with sac's owner though.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject:

Lawrence Tanter wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

James Dolan, Knicks
Josh Harris, 76ers
Vivek Ranadive, Kings
Robert Sarver, Suns
Stan Kroenke, Nuggets

I pretty much agree, bunch of over reactive people without first hand facts. Typical internet BS.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

As many have pointed out, stop moving goal posts since those things are irrelevant in what we're looking for in a basketball owner.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
Lawrence Tanter wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

James Dolan, Knicks
Josh Harris, 76ers
Vivek Ranadive, Kings
Robert Sarver, Suns
Stan Kroenke, Nuggets

I pretty much agree, bunch of over reactive people without first hand facts. Typical internet BS.

What has happened to this franchise since the Buss kids took over is factual.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:

Go join Daddy.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

As many have pointed out, stop moving goal posts since those things are irrelevant in what we're looking for in a basketball owner.

LOL. Suggest you look up what it means to 'move the goal posts' since you seem to have no comprehension how it related to the discussion.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Lawrence Tanter wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

James Dolan, Knicks
Josh Harris, 76ers
Vivek Ranadive, Kings
Robert Sarver, Suns
Stan Kroenke, Nuggets

Any of the 10 since it can hardly get worse. You could debate with sac's owner though.

Wow, you really want to die on this hill don't you. Given that you would rather have Dolan, Prokhorov, etc. tells me all I need to know.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Lawrence Tanter wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

James Dolan, Knicks
Josh Harris, 76ers
Vivek Ranadive, Kings
Robert Sarver, Suns
Stan Kroenke, Nuggets

Wow, you really want to die on this hill don't you. Given that you would rather have Dolan, Prokhorov, etc. tells me all I need to know.

It tells you nothing because it isn't an option. None of them will own the Lakers. The Buss Family Trust does, and it is easy to see what has happened here since they became owners. Only Brooklyn and Philly have performed as poorly as we have, with similar negative press.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8
Jump to: