Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Conker wrote:
Glad I don't live in Boston. The only thing I envy is the subway/heavy rail they got.

To this day, I don't understand why people still fall for the "natural" and "organic" marketing scheme and overpay for it.

Some of us still have taste buds because we didn't have to eat crushed glass in the cafeteria.

There's an old saying : all food comes in the same way and comes out the same.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject:

Blue Apron Slashes IPO Price 34% as Amazon-Whole Foods Looms

As I was saying, I expect Amazon to enter the "value-added grocery delivery" business, which is business model of Blue Apron, and others. Unsurprisingly, Wall Street anticipates the same. Where Blue Apron and the fellow travelers fail is the quality of produce that they deliver in those pre-measured recipe packages. Whole Foods is known for their high-quality, fresh produce, it's a cornerstone of their brand equity. If they enter that business with some credible chef endorsements (Food Channel folk) and recipes, they can clean up.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:12 am    Post subject:

Conker wrote:
Conker wrote:
Glad I don't live in Boston. The only thing I envy is the subway/heavy rail they got.

To this day, I don't understand why people still fall for the "natural" and "organic" marketing scheme and overpay for it.

Some of us still have taste buds because we didn't have to eat crushed glass in the cafeteria.

You really believe that?

Burger

Not burger
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Online shopping goes beyond borders. Either evolve or die. Walmart is doing better than most retail not only because of its size but also because they are adopting the online business model better than most other retail. Been to a Walmart recently? They have setup online pickups in the store where you get a discount for shopping online. Their prices are the same as Amazon.

Yeah -- WalMart is actually a fairly big player in the Node.js world.
https://github.com/walmartlabs

Walmart's online searching is atrocious

audioaxes wrote:
Im too cheap to shop at whole foods. I slip off to the ghetto and go to food4less for a bulk of my groceries when my wife is not looking.

Food4less is actually pretty nice, but the Mexican grocers in the valley offer the best bang for your buck in my opinion
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Blue Apron Slashes IPO Price 34% as Amazon-Whole Foods Looms

As I was saying, I expect Amazon to enter the "value-added grocery delivery" business, which is business model of Blue Apron, and others. Unsurprisingly, Wall Street anticipates the same. Where Blue Apron and the fellow travelers fail is the quality of produce that they deliver in those pre-measured recipe packages. Whole Foods is known for their high-quality, fresh produce, it's a cornerstone of their brand equity. If they enter that business with some credible chef endorsements (Food Channel folk) and recipes, they can clean up.

The Amazon battle plan looks like a blitzkrieg:

Quote:

Blue Apron Falls After Amazon Files for Meal-Kit Trademark

Blue Apron Holdings Inc. dropped as much as 12 percent after Amazon.com Inc. filed a trademark application for prepared food kits, the latest sign that investors are concerned about newly public Blue Apron’s prospects.

Shares of the meal-kit delivery company sank as low as $6.51, a 35 percent drop since its initial public offering. Amazon Technologies Inc., an Amazon subsidiary, filed a July 6 trademark application for “prepared food kits composed of meat, poultry, fish, seafood, fruit and/or vegetables . . . ready for cooking and assembly as a meal.”

Blue Apron delivers boxes of pre-portioned ingredients and instructions to cook meals at home. The meal-kit company already competes with similar startups as well as grocery delivery services offered by Amazon’s Prime service and Whole Foods Market Inc.’s partnership with Instacart Inc. While tech companies routinely file trademark applications and don’t act on them, Amazon’s move indicates it may directly compete with Blue Apron in the future.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-17/blue-apron-plummets-after-amazon-files-for-meal-kit-trademark
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject:

Conker wrote:
Conker wrote:

It's that whole in between part.
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject:

It's just food in the end. Why overpay for it?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: