PAUL GEORGE Thread (Scared to "Straddle the Fence" with Lakers and throws Jab at LeBron, pg. 1027)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 558, 559, 560 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject:

VANEXELtoJONES wrote:
It's never going to happen with Indiana. Bird will NEVER help the Lakers. Ever. It's reminiscent of when Jermaine O'Neal was available back in the mid-2000's and Bird kept balking at a package centered around Lamar and a bunch of other vets. Bird will just keep dangling it.

These old Celtics guys working for other teams will only pull trades that benefit the Celtics franchise. Kevin McHale did it when he was with Minny and I'm sure Bird and Ainge are trying to do the same without being too discreet about it, thinking everyone else is too stupid to realize what they're doing.

Honestly wouldnt shock me if they didnt trade him to anyone either - the rationale being "he's worth X, we dont care if he's a 1 year rental since if you get him in trade you can pay him more, and we wont budge on principle"

If that happens I will seriously LOL...it will be like that scene from I think season 1 on Game of Thrones where Bronn wins that duel for Tyrion against a Knight of the Vale by basically out endurancing him and not really engaging and letting the armored knight tire himself out...after he kills the knight the Lady of the Vale says "You have no honor!" and Bronn says "Right, but he did" (indicating the dead knight).

I have a feeling "honor" in not trading below PG's true - non 1 year rental value - may end up getting the better of Bird and KP and I will LMAO as it bites them in the arse.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
Why trade for Wade when you can just pick him off waivers if you really want him?

ensures we get him if we absorb his deal or give up Black's non-guaranteed or something.

Or we might be able to unload Deng + asset for his expiring.

Bulls won't take 3 years of Deng for a 2020 1st or whatever you're offering.

If they trade Wade for Black, Brewer, and worthless players then yeah sure.

That's what I'm saying. I'm not advocating giving up a draft pick or a young guy for him or anything
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Sorry, but it's beyond idiocy to trade for him during a season where we can't possibly win anyway. Unless it's another salary dump situation or we get some of the young Bruins back with him... then I'm not really interested.
Don't get why some of you want to give away valuable assets when he will come anyway. If he betrays us... so be it... we'd be better off without him in that situation.

No, we wouldn't be in a better situation.

If we are talking about a new era where character, leadership and work ethic are important, why would you want a liar? I get that we'd win a few more games but it wouldn't be the culture change that the new management is looking for. I think Paul is being straight with us... so we should only get rid of players that we were planning to dump anyway. If they have value... then we should keep them.

Liar really? People change their minds all the time, doesn't make them liars. Geez.

If you just say this team is my first choice... then it isn't a lie. If you tell them I'm definitely coming so plan accordingly... then it is. Sadly, in the Trump/Fake News era, lying isn't the social faux pas that it used to be but for some older posters I'm guessing it still is. I'd be upset if a team lied to a player just as much as if a player lied to management. We should keep our promises.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
Why trade for Wade when you can just pick him off waivers if you really want him?

ensures we get him if we absorb his deal or give up Black's non-guaranteed or something.

Or we might be able to unload Deng + asset for his expiring.

Bulls won't take 3 years of Deng for a 2020 1st or whatever you're offering.

If they trade Wade for Black, Brewer, and worthless players then yeah sure.

That's what I'm saying. I'm not advocating giving up a draft pick or a young guy for him or anything

Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Sorry, but it's beyond idiocy to trade for him during a season where we can't possibly win anyway. Unless it's another salary dump situation or we get some of the young Bruins back with him... then I'm not really interested.
Don't get why some of you want to give away valuable assets when he will come anyway. If he betrays us... so be it... we'd be better off without him in that situation.

Nvm

I fully expect us to win... but not win the championship. Don't think that's being overly negative.

Sorry, I originally responded thinking you were talking about Wade, then realized you were talking about PG and edited it ("nvm"=nevermind). Should have made my edit clearer haha

yeah no problem... thanks for saying that
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Boston did give us the legendary big man, Chris Mihm tho lol

That guy had the worst ankle sprain in human history lmao
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject:

If Hayward doesn't go to Boston, do they still go after PG?
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Well, the concept of these Ex Celtics players in other FO's holding a grudge against us is pretty F'd up.

First off, they got he better of us for years back in the 50's and 60's. Honestly, while we have won some of it back, we are still on the deficit side of these things and these men should quit acting like little boys and be real men. Working class men.

If they play the game like that, they are messing with their own players and tell me what players are going to want to play for any of them in the future. They are screwing themselves. You have to treat today's players better, or they are gonna "Jim Buss" you!! When you dog a player who has treated you well and given you years and chances, there ain't no coming back from that deficit. That is what we found out with Jim Buss and that is what the Cavs jerk of an owner is going to have happen to him too. It's what happened to Sterling. The players really have the power, when you have policies that paint them as the bad guys and hurt their abilities to live their lives fairly, you are going to end out with a team of lousy players.

Personally, I think this is where these Celtics guys are heading. They are too F'd up by their Celtic pride, it doesn't translate.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

2 reasons:

1 - get his Bird rights and pay him what he deserves

2- prevent a change of mind in a winning and possible title contending culture

The Lakers should "attempt" to deal for him but be willing to let him go into free agency if the Pacers continue to fleece assets from L.A.

Number 1 would be the one compelling reason to do this... but I would argue that we could help him offset this loss by endorsements and commercials that otherwise wouldn't be available in smaller markets.

I do agree he should get paid... but as I said in my other posts... I think I'd just trust Paul and keep the team as strong as possible for him. If he bails then we could go for someone like Anthony Davis the following year.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:

They probably give up their assets to do it. But if they do sign Hayward they may do that anyway, cause that can convince PG to stay IF it works out. Not sure Ainge is a gambler like that though.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:

They probably give up their assets to do it. But if they do sign Hayward they may do that anyway, cause that can convince PG to stay IF it works out. Not sure Ainge is a gambler like that though.

I feel like Boston will end up with Hayward regardless.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
Well, the concept of these Ex Celtics players in other FO's holding a grudge against us is pretty F'd up.

First off, they got he better of us for years back in the 50's and 60's. Honestly, while we have won some of it back, we are still on the deficit side of these things and these men should quit acting like little boys and be real men. Working class men.

If they play the game like that, they are messing with their own players and tell me what players are going to want to play for any of them in the future. They are screwing themselves. You have to treat today's players better, or they are gonna "Jim Buss" you!! When you dog a player who has treated you well and given you years and chances, there ain't no coming back from that deficit. That is what we found out with Jim Buss and that is what the Cavs jerk of an owner is going to have happen to him too. It's what happened to Sterling. The players really have the power, when you have policies that paint them as the bad guys and hurt their abilities to live their lives fairly, you are going to end out with a team of lousy players.

Personally, I think this is where these Celtics guys are heading. They are too F'd up by their Celtic pride, it doesn't translate.

I'm thinking this is just Pritchard being an a-hole. Its not really Larry Bird. I always thought Bird and Magic were friends off the court - certainly friends after retirement.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
MJST wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:

His wife really like Miami.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Wino wrote:

I'm thinking this is just Pritchard being an a-hole. Its not really Larry Bird. I always thought Bird and Magic were friends off the court - certainly friends after retirement.

Ya it's Pritchard. To have a disgruntled star player is bad enough. To have him openly state his desire to play for the Lakers is a good way to piss off any GM. It's belittling towards Indiana, and also feeds the evil big market team stereotype.

Last edited by panamaniac on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
The Grind wrote:
MJST wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:

Yeah, I think if he leaves Utah, he goes to Miami.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
The Grind wrote:
MJST wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:

I dunno... Boston just makes sense re: Hayward b/c of the Brad Stevens connection.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
The Grind wrote:
MJST wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:

I dunno... Boston just makes sense re: Hayward b/c of the Brad Stevens connection.

depends on if winning is Hayward's priority right now. if it is he'll go to Boston. Less of a task for him to go to Boston and try to beat Cleveland than to stay in Utah and try to beat the Warriors.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
The Grind wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
The Grind wrote:
MJST wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:

depends on if winning is Hayward's priority right now. if it is he'll go to Boston. Less of a task for him to go to Boston and try to beat Cleveland than to stay in Utah and try to beat the Warriors.

It's been almost a year since I've read his blog or anything about his personal life, but what he talked about the most is his family. I have no idea if his wife likes Miami, maybe she does. I'm struggling to imagine, however, what Miami has over Los Angeles to a married mother of two.

He's not going somewhere because of his college coach(only two years). Why would a max free agent, with a wife and two kids, choose to uproot his family because he wants to play for his college coach again?

Single guy, sure. Middling player, okay. Father of two with wife, able to earn a max contract, and will have multiple suitors? A previous personal relation with the coach is just gravy.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma/Brewer/Black + 2 second rounders

take it or leave it
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
MJST wrote:
The Grind wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
The Grind wrote:
MJST wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:

It's been almost a year since I've read his blog or anything about his personal life, but what he talked about the most is his family. I have no idea if his wife likes Miami, maybe she does. I'm struggling to imagine, however, what Miami has over Los Angeles to a married mother of two.

He's not going somewhere because of his college coach(only two years). Why would a max free agent, with a wife and two kids, choose to uproot his family because he wants to play for his college coach again?

Single guy, sure. Middling player, okay. Father of two with wife, able to earn a max contract, and will have multiple suitors? A previous personal relation with the coach is just gravy.

Well, Boston made the ECF and Utah isn't getting out of the West anytime soon.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
MJST wrote:
The Grind wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
The Grind wrote:
MJST wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:

If he goes to Boston, it is because he wants to win. Brad Stevens connection is just a bonus
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:

Lakers should go after Hayward too
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Roon wrote:
MJST wrote:
The Grind wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
The Grind wrote:
MJST wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:

Boston ain't beating lebron anytime soon either. Cavs will reload this summer
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
MJST wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:

Lakers should go after Hayward too

Arent they both 3s ??!
Hasn't PG said he does not like playing out of position ?
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
Roon wrote:
MJST wrote:
The Grind wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
The Grind wrote:
MJST wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:

Boston ain't beating lebron anytime soon either. Cavs will reload this summer

How so? They missed out on Butler, haven't been able to swing George. I'd wager they come back with more or less the same team as last year. All it takes is an injury to Kyrie/Love/Bron. They're vulnerable IMO, especially if Boston gets Hayward
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 558, 559, 560 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next
Page 559 of 1028
Jump to: