PAUL GEORGE Thread (Scared to "Straddle the Fence" with Lakers and throws Jab at LeBron, pg. 1027)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 559, 560, 561 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
MJST wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
If Hayward doesn't go to Boston, do they still go after PG?

They probably give up their assets to do it. But if they do sign Hayward they may do that anyway, cause that can convince PG to stay IF it works out. Not sure Ainge is a gambler like that though.

Lakers should go after Hayward too

Arent they both 3s ??!
Hasn't PG said he does not like playing out of position ?

George can play the 2. BI off the bench
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject:

Based on the presser, guess Nance is OFF any trades.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
MJST wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
If Hayward doesn't go to Boston, do they still go after PG?

They probably give up their assets to do it. But if they do sign Hayward they may do that anyway, cause that can convince PG to stay IF it works out. Not sure Ainge is a gambler like that though.

Lakers should go after Hayward too

Yeah Hayward would pull it all together... he's the one Magic's after this summer. Might even lure him with the promise of PG next summer... not to mention BALL distribution in an uptempo Dub (positionless) squad. It all depends on what type of game Gordon wants to play and if he sees the vision of the 17th banner and how to get there by Coach Walton.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
Boston ain't beating lebron anytime soon either. Cavs will reload this summer

Cavs seem to be in complete disarray. Players angry over front office fires, J.R. tweeting: "Goodbye Cavs", Lebron rumored to be leaving next summer, Kyrie rumored to want a trade if Lebron leaves, Cavs players reportedly sending bad signals to Butler when there were rumors he'd be traded there over the current state.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject:

Crazy how durant single handedly completely messed up lebron's plan.

He got the player association to include the change to the CBA where he could get a supermax with Cleveland, with a clause specifically made for him.
His goal was obviously that cleveland would be the defending champ for the next few years and he would get his supermax.

But now it's looking like cleveland is never going to beat the warriors, and the entire team is looking like it may blow up
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:44 am    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
So if this new article about the "renegotiate & extend" rule is correct, then it makes more financial sense for PG to be traded than to sign with someone as a FA. I never heard of this rule before, must be something from the new CBA.

But crazy if true and we've lost all leverage since we'd have to trade and can't beat Boston's offer

We need PG13 to say he doesn't want Boston, and it's over.

Might need him to change his message from "only Lakers" to "I'm not extending with you Boston, even if you get Hayward. Get that through your (bleep) skulls. STAY IN YO LANE BOSTON."

Yeah but if he can get all his money with this "R&E" rule then there's no reason for him to choose LA over Boston when you add in talent around him
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:04 am    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
So if this new article about the "renegotiate & extend" rule is correct, then it makes more financial sense for PG to be traded than to sign with someone as a FA. I never heard of this rule before, must be something from the new CBA.

But crazy if true and we've lost all leverage since we'd have to trade and can't beat Boston's offer

Might need him to change his message from "only Lakers" to "I'm not extending with you Boston, even if you get Hayward. Get that through your (bleep) skulls. STAY IN YO LANE BOSTON."

Yeah but if he can get all his money with this "R&E" rule then there's no reason for him to choose LA over Boston when you add in talent around him

This isn't just about money for him. If it were, he would have simply wanted to play out the season in Indiana. Had he done so, and made any of the All-NBA Teams, he would've been eligible for the supermax. Even if he didn't get that, he could get the 5th year from Indiana and slightly larger annual raises, a difference of roughly $45MM in total. By trying to force a trade now, he's for certain leaving the supermax behind, and he's also risking being traded to a team that he doesn't want to end up re-signing with, meaning that, if he subsequently signs with a different team in free agency, he only gets a 4-year deal.

So this is more about the fact that Paul George wants to get the f out of Indiana.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:16 am    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

No reason? My perspective may be wrong, but I think we may have a few complimentary pieces. Unproven, but they can be brought to take pride in their craft and how to conduct business (win games) like professionals. I think Paul George is watching highlights of the guys we drafted. I think he's nodding like Mr. Miyagi thinking "I can't believe we pulled it off..." through the force, Magic receives the sentiment... weirdly so does Kimmel right in the middle of taping his show.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:42 am    Post subject:

George and Hayward are the same age and have virtually the same production. They are quite simply identical in many ways.
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
If we want to win then D-Wade gets in the way of that objective. He's old and can't shoot. Chemistry wise he's not the best fit either, as he's about 35 and will probably feel out of place having to hang around kids for 82 games.

you make it sound like he is 80, he is 35..., these kids are in the 20s, its no problem at all
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:53 am    Post subject:

The Celtics don't have a roster to take on the Cavs even, with or without George. A 1-year rental of him by Boston doesn't scare me. Let them trade away their draft picks.
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
Well, the concept of these Ex Celtics players in other FO's holding a grudge against us is pretty F'd up.

First off, they got he better of us for years back in the 50's and 60's. Honestly, while we have won some of it back, we are still on the deficit side of these things and these men should quit acting like little boys and be real men. Working class men.

If they play the game like that, they are messing with their own players and tell me what players are going to want to play for any of them in the future. They are screwing themselves. You have to treat today's players better, or they are gonna "Jim Buss" you!! When you dog a player who has treated you well and given you years and chances, there ain't no coming back from that deficit. That is what we found out with Jim Buss and that is what the Cavs jerk of an owner is going to have happen to him too. It's what happened to Sterling. The players really have the power, when you have policies that paint them as the bad guys and hurt their abilities to live their lives fairly, you are going to end out with a team of lousy players.

Personally, I think this is where these Celtics guys are heading. They are too F'd up by their Celtic pride, it doesn't translate.

honestly why would it matter wtf happened in the 50s and 60s anyways....that absolutely means nothing its 2017
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject:

What I am hoping is that Rob will temper Magic into making more practical decisions. Magic may get carried away and Rob should tell him it doesn't make sense now.

They were left with a MESS:
The top paid players were ALL SCRUBS.
Mosgov 17M/year for 4 years.
Deng 18M/year for 4 years
Clarkson 13M/year for 4 years
Brewer

So they are trying to clean house. But it will take a few years.

Realize that the Lakers are still a lottery team, but with a huge upside. Don't sell of that assets to loose that upside. Maybe DLO
was a necessity to make some room for PG13. But it was a loss of a number 2 pick who was the best shooter. Lopez is a good player and if fast enough should be kept.

Lonzo needs some shooters to pass to. There are no shooters on board. Maybe resign Young to play SG. A good SG is missing from the present team.

Hire a shooting coach so Ingram, Randle, Clarkson will learn to shoot. They have the talent.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject:

What's the latest? Is he here yet?

Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject:

There hasn't been any new actual news.

Just a bunch of people still freaking out over that bogus rumor from the radio show host in Boston.
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject:

Interesting read from a Pacers fan that had a post draft lunch w/ Pritchard:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?124707-Pacers-post-draft-lunch-w-Kevin-Pritchard-amp-Georges-Niang
Quote:
Paul George: As Denari put it, Paul is the elephant in the room. KP started out by making clear that PG has done a tremendous amount for the franchise and the community and that he believes Paul does truly love Indiana.

KP says he and Paul sat together 5-6 times this summer since KP was president. In every meeting, Paul's message was the same, I want to be a Pacer and I want to win as a Pacer. KP and Paul had outlined many different free agent and draft plans to create a better roster for the Pacers and for Paul.

Paul's agent came to the Pacers last Friday and requested that Paul be moved, and as KP put it "That there was one team in particular Paul had in mind, and I don't know if I'll ever say that team's name again." I want to be clear about something KP was not joking about this and you could tell. There is real ire in KP for whatever role the Lakers played in this real or perceived. The Lakers came up a couple more times as KP was speaking and each time KP did not say their name.

Regarding trades for PG, KP said they received many offers, but as of last night he did not have a deal he felt comfortable with taking for the Pacers. He believes that he will see another set of better offers on July 1 or sometime in FA would be the vibe I got from his answers.

PG has not spoken to KP. But KP did say if what is best for the Pacers is that PG is a Pacer come opening night, then that is what will happen. IMO this is BS, and just being used as a sword over PG's head because I think KP is very aware of how the fans feel about PG right now, and IMO the only way PG could ever set foot on the court as a Pacer again is if he extended his contract between now and October, again that's JMO.

My general vibe from KP is that he's not mad at PG so much as he's really disappointed, almost like a parent to a child, don't know how else to explain it. He repeated several times that he doesn't know what changed PG's mind between their last meeting together and PG's agent coming to the Pacers last Friday, but that "Something had to have happened" but that he does not know what that could have been (though my read is that he firmly believes it was something LA did, JMO based on the answers and body language).

KP believes he will get a good package for PG and one that works well for the franchise both current and future. So ultimately I do not expect PG to be a Pacer by opening night, I think that is worst case scenario for all parties involved, including PG and I think KP knows that also.

My take is Indiana will not trade PG to us based on how Pritchard feels.

We'll probably just get PG through FA.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject:

Sago wrote:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?124707-Pacers-post-draft-lunch-w-Kevin-Pritchard-amp-Georges-Niang
Quote:
Paul George: As Denari put it, Paul is the elephant in the room. KP started out by making clear that PG has done a tremendous amount for the franchise and the community and that he believes Paul does truly love Indiana.

KP says he and Paul sat together 5-6 times this summer since KP was president. In every meeting, Paul's message was the same, I want to be a Pacer and I want to win as a Pacer. KP and Paul had outlined many different free agent and draft plans to create a better roster for the Pacers and for Paul.

Paul's agent came to the Pacers last Friday and requested that Paul be moved, and as KP put it "That there was one team in particular Paul had in mind, and I don't know if I'll ever say that team's name again." I want to be clear about something KP was not joking about this and you could tell. There is real ire in KP for whatever role the Lakers played in this real or perceived. The Lakers came up a couple more times as KP was speaking and each time KP did not say their name.

Regarding trades for PG, KP said they received many offers, but as of last night he did not have a deal he felt comfortable with taking for the Pacers. He believes that he will see another set of better offers on July 1 or sometime in FA would be the vibe I got from his answers.

PG has not spoken to KP. But KP did say if what is best for the Pacers is that PG is a Pacer come opening night, then that is what will happen. IMO this is BS, and just being used as a sword over PG's head because I think KP is very aware of how the fans feel about PG right now, and IMO the only way PG could ever set foot on the court as a Pacer again is if he extended his contract between now and October, again that's JMO.

My general vibe from KP is that he's not mad at PG so much as he's really disappointed, almost like a parent to a child, don't know how else to explain it. He repeated several times that he doesn't know what changed PG's mind between their last meeting together and PG's agent coming to the Pacers last Friday, but that "Something had to have happened" but that he does not know what that could have been (though my read is that he firmly believes it was something LA did, JMO based on the answers and body language).

KP believes he will get a good package for PG and one that works well for the franchise both current and future. So ultimately I do not expect PG to be a Pacer by opening night, I think that is worst case scenario for all parties involved, including PG and I think KP knows that also.

Pritchard just wants to do the best for his team. He thinks he can get a better offer later just like how Magic believes we can sign a star via free agency next year. Or maybe he is still trying to convince PG13 to stay in Indiana because that would be the best case scenario for them.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject:

Sago wrote:

Quote:

The more they wait on trading PG13 the more leverage they lose.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject:

Sago wrote:

Quote:

This is a post from a member at a pacers bulletin board.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Sago wrote:

Quote:

How so? The draft picks factor is now gone after Thursday. Unless Magic threatened to lower our current offer, Pacers can just use our offer as a baseline and wait for a team to beat that offer. The leverage is gone after we made the Russell trade. The Pacers might have some doubt how strong does Magic wants to trade for PG13 this summer, but now everyone knows Magic wants PG13 sooner than later.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject:

Excuse my ignorance but how did the Lakers lose leverage with Russell trade? I think they gained leverage freeing up cap space.
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Sago wrote:

Quote:

How so? The draft picks factor is now gone after Thursday. Unless Magic threatened to lower our current offer, Pacers can just use our offer as a baseline and wait for a team to beat that offer. The leverage is gone after we made the Russell trade. The Pacers might have some doubt how strong does Magic wants to trade for PG13 this summer, but now everyone knows Magic wants PG13 sooner than later.

Well we gained leveraged after the trade because it showed we can clearly get PG in free agency now, so it gave the appearance that we really don't need to trade for him.

However in reading those quotes those pieces of krap really have personal animosity towards the Lakers and there is no way the they take a low ball offer from us. They would only take a God father offer starting with BI and or Ball. In fact they would much rather take the worst offer from the Celtics than ours. So now I'm pretty confident it's not going to happen with JC or Randle. And with the new R&E rule I'm starting to feel nervous that the Celtics extending him is real.

Also I'm not sure how the impact of trading Dlo is for the agent. If that pissed of the agent then he may not want PG to come here anymore, or worried that Julius gets traded too, and his plan to get his players on the Lakers blew up
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Excuse my ignorance but how did the Lakers lose leverage with Russell trade? I think they gained leverage freeing up cap space.

If they had traded Ingram, they could've freed up cap space AND the SF position.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject:

KP, just do the right thing.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject:

If Pritchard really said those things, I feel sorry for Indiana fans because he would be officially the most naive front office guy in the NBA.

Once Larry Bird quit, it has been obvious what is happening.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 559, 560, 561 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next
Page 560 of 1028
Jump to: