PAUL GEORGE Thread (Scared to "Straddle the Fence" with Lakers and throws Jab at LeBron, pg. 1027)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 569, 570, 571 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

LFAN4LIFE wrote:
This is little off topic...

Quote:
Ben DuBose‏Verified account @BenDuBose 49m49 minutes ago
More
ESPN's @ChrisBHaynes is on @SportsCenter now. His top FA storyline? Chris Paul and the #Rockets. "Serious chance of luring Chris Paul away."

SAS will land him if they want him. Perfect replacment for TP, loves Pop and has Kawai who is as competetive as he is.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakerfanaticPT wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Sago wrote:
Interesting read from a Pacers fan that had a post draft lunch w/ Pritchard:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?124707-Pacers-post-draft-lunch-w-Kevin-Pritchard-amp-Georges-Niang
Quote:
Paul George: As Denari put it, Paul is the elephant in the room. KP started out by making clear that PG has done a tremendous amount for the franchise and the community and that he believes Paul does truly love Indiana.

KP says he and Paul sat together 5-6 times this summer since KP was president. In every meeting, Paul's message was the same, I want to be a Pacer and I want to win as a Pacer. KP and Paul had outlined many different free agent and draft plans to create a better roster for the Pacers and for Paul.

Paul's agent came to the Pacers last Friday and requested that Paul be moved, and as KP put it "That there was one team in particular Paul had in mind, and I don't know if I'll ever say that team's name again." I want to be clear about something KP was not joking about this and you could tell. There is real ire in KP for whatever role the Lakers played in this real or perceived. The Lakers came up a couple more times as KP was speaking and each time KP did not say their name.

Regarding trades for PG, KP said they received many offers, but as of last night he did not have a deal he felt comfortable with taking for the Pacers. He believes that he will see another set of better offers on July 1 or sometime in FA would be the vibe I got from his answers.

PG has not spoken to KP. But KP did say if what is best for the Pacers is that PG is a Pacer come opening night, then that is what will happen. IMO this is BS, and just being used as a sword over PG's head because I think KP is very aware of how the fans feel about PG right now, and IMO the only way PG could ever set foot on the court as a Pacer again is if he extended his contract between now and October, again that's JMO.

My general vibe from KP is that he's not mad at PG so much as he's really disappointed, almost like a parent to a child, don't know how else to explain it. He repeated several times that he doesn't know what changed PG's mind between their last meeting together and PG's agent coming to the Pacers last Friday, but that "Something had to have happened" but that he does not know what that could have been (though my read is that he firmly believes it was something LA did, JMO based on the answers and body language).

KP believes he will get a good package for PG and one that works well for the franchise both current and future. So ultimately I do not expect PG to be a Pacer by opening night, I think that is worst case scenario for all parties involved, including PG and I think KP knows that also.

My take is Indiana will not trade PG to us based on how Pritchard feels.

We'll probably just get PG through FA.

The more they wait on trading PG13 the more leverage they lose.

How so? The draft picks factor is now gone after Thursday. Unless Magic threatened to lower our current offer, Pacers can just use our offer as a baseline and wait for a team to beat that offer. The leverage is gone after we made the Russell trade. The Pacers might have some doubt how strong does Magic wants to trade for PG13 this summer, but now everyone knows Magic wants PG13 sooner than later.

Well we gained leveraged after the trade because it showed we can clearly get PG in free agency now, so it gave the appearance that we really don't need to trade for him.

However in reading those quotes those pieces of krap really have personal animosity towards the Lakers and there is no way the they take a low ball offer from us. They would only take a God father offer starting with BI and or Ball. In fact they would much rather take the worst offer from the Celtics than ours. So now I'm pretty confident it's not going to happen with JC or Randle. And with the new R&E rule I'm starting to feel nervous that the Celtics extending him is real.

Also I'm not sure how the impact of trading Dlo is for the agent. If that pissed of the agent then he may not want PG to come here anymore, or worried that Julius gets traded too, and his plan to get his players on the Lakers blew up

Trading DLO did piss off his agent, but PG is a different client and any good agent won't let what happened with one client effect another.

The thing that KP is hinting at that changed PG's mind has to be Kobe. I think PG has been conversing with Kobe a lot lately and working out with him, picking his brain about the business side of basketball. I could almost guarantee Kobe has been telling him that he needs to take matters into his own hands and force the issue and force his way to the Lakers. Otherwise the GM's take advantage of the players. Im sure Kobe brought up the leverage PG had on the Pacers and to use it to get what he really desires......getting to the Lakers.

Something had to change PG's mind/attitude as KP suggested. That thing had to be KOBE.....hahahaha. Screw the Pacers and Boston for that matter. Another feather in the Kobe cap if you ask me

Maybe it was George telling him to his face that he was good with their offseason plans then having his agent call to say he wants traded? Maybe because PG didn't have the balls to tell him to his face?

You mean like how the Pacers were actively taking calls about trading George before the deadline last season and never informed him of it?

Sorry but I don't buy Pritchard's story about PG13 letting him think everything was ok, before suddenly telling them he wasn't going to re sign with them.

It's also worth noting that the idea that PG13 was asking for a trade has been coming solely from the Pacers FO. The WOJ reports were all saying that PG13 intended on finishing out his contract as a Pacer before signing with the Lakers.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:
Kevin Prickchard is a little (bleep).

You better hope that whoever makes those decisions for the Lakers is as diligent.

That hope was smashed since the Russell trade was without due diligence.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:

You better hope that whoever makes those decisions for the Lakers is as diligent.

only if somebody fails to understand the real motive
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:

I love Rob as GM. Even when he speaks, he's calm cool and very meticulous.
We dont know the convos that have been going on but its a test of patience in this buisness, as time plays out and things linger, theres a bit of uncertainty.

Im sure they will kick the door down at the right time so they dont overpay.

Everything for sale usually has a high asking price, but when the market cools down, asking price drops as well.

KP missed his chance earlier this week.
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:

Had to get rid of mosgoz contract though. Is this the same kp that went to Kansas? Never liked him anyway if so.
SOLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Kp knows that at some point the Pacers are going to have to trade PG and will get hosed in doing so. So he has to play up his anger just to pacify the Pacers fanbase who, no matter what KP does, will be disappointed and pissed at the return for PG.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:

We dont know the convos that have been going on but its a test of patience in this buisness, as time plays out and things linger, theres a bit of uncertainty.

Everything for sale usually has a high asking price, but when the market cools down, asking price drops as well.

Seeing what Jimmy Butler who is cost controlled and under contract for longer than PG13 netted the Bulls should be a cautionary tale to the Pacers. They need to take a few of our low end picks and Clarkson and be happy they got something.
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject:

And if bird is involved, (bleep) his big bird looking ass too.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:

Seeing what Jimmy Butler who is cost controlled and under contract for longer than PG13 netted the Bulls should be a cautionary tale to the Pacers. They need to take a few of our low end picks and Clarkson and be happy they got something.

Bulls got robbed of their star, thats for sure lol like pennis on the dollar, but still managed to get a top 10 pick, and 2 former lottery picks, and thats for a player whos under contract 2 years.

So youre right, he should take JC or Randle and TByant plus a future 1st or 2nd rounder and call it a day.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakerfanaticPT wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Sago wrote:
Interesting read from a Pacers fan that had a post draft lunch w/ Pritchard:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?124707-Pacers-post-draft-lunch-w-Kevin-Pritchard-amp-Georges-Niang
Quote:
Paul George: As Denari put it, Paul is the elephant in the room. KP started out by making clear that PG has done a tremendous amount for the franchise and the community and that he believes Paul does truly love Indiana.

KP says he and Paul sat together 5-6 times this summer since KP was president. In every meeting, Paul's message was the same, I want to be a Pacer and I want to win as a Pacer. KP and Paul had outlined many different free agent and draft plans to create a better roster for the Pacers and for Paul.

Paul's agent came to the Pacers last Friday and requested that Paul be moved, and as KP put it "That there was one team in particular Paul had in mind, and I don't know if I'll ever say that team's name again." I want to be clear about something KP was not joking about this and you could tell. There is real ire in KP for whatever role the Lakers played in this real or perceived. The Lakers came up a couple more times as KP was speaking and each time KP did not say their name.

Regarding trades for PG, KP said they received many offers, but as of last night he did not have a deal he felt comfortable with taking for the Pacers. He believes that he will see another set of better offers on July 1 or sometime in FA would be the vibe I got from his answers.

PG has not spoken to KP. But KP did say if what is best for the Pacers is that PG is a Pacer come opening night, then that is what will happen. IMO this is BS, and just being used as a sword over PG's head because I think KP is very aware of how the fans feel about PG right now, and IMO the only way PG could ever set foot on the court as a Pacer again is if he extended his contract between now and October, again that's JMO.

My general vibe from KP is that he's not mad at PG so much as he's really disappointed, almost like a parent to a child, don't know how else to explain it. He repeated several times that he doesn't know what changed PG's mind between their last meeting together and PG's agent coming to the Pacers last Friday, but that "Something had to have happened" but that he does not know what that could have been (though my read is that he firmly believes it was something LA did, JMO based on the answers and body language).

KP believes he will get a good package for PG and one that works well for the franchise both current and future. So ultimately I do not expect PG to be a Pacer by opening night, I think that is worst case scenario for all parties involved, including PG and I think KP knows that also.

My take is Indiana will not trade PG to us based on how Pritchard feels.

We'll probably just get PG through FA.

The more they wait on trading PG13 the more leverage they lose.

How so? The draft picks factor is now gone after Thursday. Unless Magic threatened to lower our current offer, Pacers can just use our offer as a baseline and wait for a team to beat that offer. The leverage is gone after we made the Russell trade. The Pacers might have some doubt how strong does Magic wants to trade for PG13 this summer, but now everyone knows Magic wants PG13 sooner than later.

Well we gained leveraged after the trade because it showed we can clearly get PG in free agency now, so it gave the appearance that we really don't need to trade for him.

However in reading those quotes those pieces of krap really have personal animosity towards the Lakers and there is no way the they take a low ball offer from us. They would only take a God father offer starting with BI and or Ball. In fact they would much rather take the worst offer from the Celtics than ours. So now I'm pretty confident it's not going to happen with JC or Randle. And with the new R&E rule I'm starting to feel nervous that the Celtics extending him is real.

Also I'm not sure how the impact of trading Dlo is for the agent. If that pissed of the agent then he may not want PG to come here anymore, or worried that Julius gets traded too, and his plan to get his players on the Lakers blew up

Trading DLO did piss off his agent, but PG is a different client and any good agent won't let what happened with one client effect another.

The thing that KP is hinting at that changed PG's mind has to be Kobe. I think PG has been conversing with Kobe a lot lately and working out with him, picking his brain about the business side of basketball. I could almost guarantee Kobe has been telling him that he needs to take matters into his own hands and force the issue and force his way to the Lakers. Otherwise the GM's take advantage of the players. Im sure Kobe brought up the leverage PG had on the Pacers and to use it to get what he really desires......getting to the Lakers.

Something had to change PG's mind/attitude as KP suggested. That thing had to be KOBE.....hahahaha. Screw the Pacers and Boston for that matter. Another feather in the Kobe cap if you ask me

Maybe it was George telling him to his face that he was good with their offseason plans then having his agent call to say he wants traded? Maybe because PG didn't have the balls to tell him to his face?

You mean like how the Pacers were actively taking calls about trading George before the deadline last season and never informed him of it?

Sorry but I don't buy Pritchard's story about PG13 letting him think everything was ok, before suddenly telling them he wasn't going to re sign with them.

It's also worth noting that the idea that PG13 was asking for a trade has been coming solely from the Pacers FO. The WOJ reports were all saying that PG13 intended on finishing out his contract as a Pacer before signing with the Lakers.

Man- I threw the idea out there and now that nutball pacer GM may actually do it..,just let PG walk if "offers aren't up to snuff"...aka he wants deals as if PG had 4 years left on his deal and no im gonna goto lakers rumors occurred...if he does that he should be canned on the spot
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject:

I don't want to wait another season for Paul George.

Lonzo Ball
Paul George
Brandon Ingram
Julius Randle
Brook Lopez

If Lonzo is as good as projected and BI/Randle make leaps, that's a low playoff seed starting lineup. Depending on the improvements, that a potential 5 guys who can shoot from the 3.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject:

LilJay24 wrote:
I don't want to wait another season for Paul George.

Lonzo Ball
Paul George
Brandon Ingram
Julius Randle
Brook Lopez

If Lonzo is as good as projected and BI/Randle make leaps, that's a low playoff seed starting lineup. Depending on the improvements, that a potential 5 guys who can shoot from the 3.

We may have no choice with that nutty emo pacers GM...sounds like he'd rather let him walk for nothing than trade to the lakers...dude won't even say "lakers"? Lol
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject:

To KP we are like Voldemort: "they who shall not be named" 😆
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Atticus wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
sogood. wrote:
Quote:
[Kaufman] Celtics package for an extended PG13 would include the LAL/SAC pick, Jae Crowder, a non-BKN pick and salary filler.

if that really was the package then the deal would have been completed by now

But they said they want to sign Hayward first.

That's also for an extended PG13, but no indication that he'd extend there yet.

Yahoo article mentioned this and said PG would make less money by agreeing to that (extension), anyone know if that's true?

Edit: here's the article https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/paul-george-gordon-hayward-celtics-185024671.html

Last edited by DrDent on Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
For the record I never thought Paul and Kobe would work

Me neither. Not a fan of CP3, but he needs to play with an offball guard. Spurs would be perfect for him.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject:

I really don't think the Pacers can start the season with PG13 on their roster. It just wouldn't make sense from a fan base point of view or for their future. Unless Boston really wants to roll the dice on PG resigning with them, I can't see Danny parting with too many valuable assets.

That leaves the Lakers. If I was Magic, I would offer Clarkson/Hart/Bryant and 2020 unprotected 1st round pick for PG and just get this deal done.

A lineup of:

Lonzo Ball
Paul George
Brandon Ingram
Julius Randle
Brook Lopez

makes the playoffs and only gets better, so that future first we trade most likely won't come back to haunt us
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject:

SOLakerFan wrote:
Kp knows that at some point the Pacers are going to have to trade PG and will get hosed in doing so. So he has to play up his anger just to pacify the Pacers fanbase who, no matter what KP does, will be disappointed and pissed at the return for PG.

And he would like to get hosed by a team not named the Lakers
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
I really don't think the Pacers can start the season with PG13 on their roster. It just wouldn't make sense from a fan base point of view or for their future. Unless Boston really wants to roll the dice on PG resigning with them, I can't see Danny parting with too many valuable assets.

That leaves the Lakers. If I was Magic, I would offer Clarkson/Hart/Bryant and 2020 unprotected 1st round pick for PG and just get this deal done.

A lineup of:

Lonzo Ball
Paul George
Brandon Ingram
Julius Randle
Brook Lopez

makes the playoffs and only gets better, so that future first we trade most likely won't come back to haunt us

I really hope we keep hart. Got a good feeling about him. Plus we can run with a backcourt of "all balls and hart!"
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SOLakerFan wrote:

He may very well let that happen just to spite the lakers!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SOLakerFan wrote:

Some team will come in and offer a 2022 first and a 2021 second and he will jump on it.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Inverse wrote:

A lineup of:

Lonzo Ball
Paul George
Brandon Ingram
Julius Randle
Brook Lopez

I really hope we keep hart. Got a good feeling about him. Plus we can run with a backcourt of "all balls and hart!"

I agree. Now that Hart is a Laker I want him to stay. Smart high character 3and D guard for depth. At this point I would prefer they keep Randle too. Seems he is putting in the work to be improved this season. Intrigued to see the results.
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
DrDent wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SOLakerFan wrote:

Some team will come in and offer a 2022 first and a 2021 second and he will jump on it.

Even if we are offering a 2019 first and 2021 first, he'd still take the other offer just to spite both PG and Lakers
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:

They did their due diligence and decided they didn't want Russell around.
Mike Breen
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Does getting PG this season slow the development of Ingram? If so I'm cool with waiting until next summer
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 569, 570, 571 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next
Page 570 of 1028
Jump to: