PAUL GEORGE Thread (Scared to "Straddle the Fence" with Lakers and throws Jab at LeBron, pg. 1027)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 643, 644, 645 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
http://cavaliersnation.com/2017/06/27/report-paul-george-willing-to-sign-with-cavs-if-lebron-james-stays-long-term/

Quote:
ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith now reports that, if traded for, George would stay with Cleveland as long as LeBron James elects to stay with the Cavs.

Seriously?

He also said the Spurs were willing to trade Kawhi to the Knicks, and then they backed out. He just makes up stuff now.

The funniest one was when he said Durant was going to sign with the Lakers when he became a free agent and when Durant strongly denied Stephen A said this.

I wouldn't be shocked if PG13 would be willing to stay in Cleveland but Stephen A saying it makes me believe it less.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
http://cavaliersnation.com/2017/06/27/report-paul-george-willing-to-sign-with-cavs-if-lebron-james-stays-long-term/

Quote:
ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith now reports that, if traded for, George would stay with Cleveland as long as LeBron James elects to stay with the Cavs.

Seriously?

He also said the Spurs were willing to trade Kawhi to the Knicks, and then they backed out. He just makes up stuff now.

Whoah there, slow down. You know how SAS gets if you question his statements that rely on "sauces"...regardless of the fact he has about a 90% failure rate or so he will go all emo if you DARE question his authenticity as a man and a reporter!😮😦🤐😵😡
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

Quote:

Seriously?

The funniest one was when he said Durant was going to sign with the Lakers when he became a free agent and when Durant strongly denied Stephen A said this.

I wouldn't be shocked if PG13 would be willing to stay in Cleveland but Stephen A saying it makes me believe it less.

He is slowly but surely starting to reach Ainge status in my book😆
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:

Quote:

Seriously?

Technically could be true, but since Lebron and Jeanie have already reached an agreement for him to retire as a Laker and get a small ownership stake afterwards, it's essentially a moot point.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject:

DoubleClutch wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

Quote:

Seriously?

Technically could be true, but since Lebron and Jeanie have already reached an agreement for him to retire as a Laker and get a small ownership stake afterwards, it's essentially a moot point.

Where did you hear this?
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject:

You guys really think PG would leave a team with Lebron and Kyrie that will likely make it to the finals again to join a team with Ingram and Lonzo to try to make the playoffs? I think it's a no brainer they stay in Cleveland
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:
You guys really think PG would leave a team with Lebron and Kyrie that will likely make it to the finals again to join a team with Ingram and Lonzo to try to make the playoffs? I think it's a no brainer they stay in Cleveland

Except for the fact that they both said they want to play in LA.
#StayInYoLane
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Tomorrow, we are going to see a rumor PG called Jesus Christ to come play with the lakers. Slow week between draft and free agency. rumors are wild right now
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:

Quote:

Seriously?

We're seriously quoting Stephen A Smith?
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

Quote:

Seriously?

Where did you hear this?

Obviously tongue in cheek
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

Quote:

Seriously?

Where did you hear this?

Yea um, I know people talk but if there was any truth to that and it surfaced we would be going way beyond Magic winking on TV. Something to make the Joe Smith tampering fallout look like a slap on the wrist.

Edit: sorry if it was a joke, I'm not drax
#StayInYoLane
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject:

LB2 wrote:
I'd much rather wait until next offseason and get him for free but assuming there's a good chance he sticks somewhere else after getting traded...

I think a fair trade for both sides would be:

PG13 + TJ Leaf
for
Ingram + Deng

Would not like that at all. I'd rather have the lakers gamble and see if he comes regardless of destination. Ingram is going to be too nice!
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
shortodom wrote:

Except for the fact that they both said they want to play in LA.

Yeah right now that they're teams aren't any close to a championship. If Pg joins Cleveland they'd have a better shot at beating Gs.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

Quote:

Seriously?

We're seriously quoting Stephen A Smith?

He may be one of the funniest characters on any of ESPN's satire lineup, as much of a competiton as it is. Would just like to know the guy that plays him.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject:

I'm getting tired of waiting for this PG thing to be resolved. I hope that if he goes to Cleveland, the Lakers shift their focus to actual quality free agents on multi year deals.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
I'm getting tired of waiting for this PG thing to be resolved. I hope that if he goes to Cleveland, the Lakers shift their focus to actual quality free agents on multi year deals.

Patience. Dwight got traded in August.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
The Grind wrote:

Patience. Dwight got traded in August.

Im predicting he's in LA within 1st 2 weeks of Free Agency
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject:

KD said, if u can't beat them, join them.
So PG might have the same mentality
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Wizards Still Pursuing George, Celtics Remain Favorite
Quote:
June 27th 2017 at 7:08pm CST by Joshua Fischman
Despite the odds stacked against the Wizards landing Paul George in a trade, the Washington front office continues to pursue the star forward via trade, reports J. Michael of CSN Mid-Atlantic. Michael adds that the Celtics appear to be the frontrunners in the George trade sweepstakes.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/06/wizards-still-pursuing-george-celtics-remain-favorite.html
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
So Klay is now leaving the Warriors?

After we get Westbrook for Nance
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

Quote:

Seriously?

Where did you hear this?

I'm sure he's being sarcastic
For one thing, the Buss Trust prevents them from giving an ownership % to anyone.
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:

Lonzogram is about 10 years younger and in LA
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
32 wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

Quote:

Seriously?

Where did you hear this?

I'm sure he's being sarcastic
For one thing, the Buss Trust prevents them from giving an ownership % to anyone.

Thanks.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Kirby Brian wrote:
shortodom wrote:

Lonzogram is about 10 years younger and in LA

Sounds like the hottest new startup out of Silicon valley
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Only way PG gets traded to LA is of he hires Lavar Ball as his agent.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 643, 644, 645 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next
Page 644 of 1028
Jump to: