PAUL GEORGE Thread (Scared to "Straddle the Fence" with Lakers and throws Jab at LeBron, pg. 1027)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 645, 646, 647 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frank70
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:53 am    Post subject:

I don't want Westbrook. He is obviously good - but only for himself. His teammates are more or less pylons watching his show.

Having a guy which such a high usage rate that only knows going 1 on 1 and hasn't the capability and probably the will to involve his teammates AND to make them better isn't a winning formula. You won't beat top teams with a one-man-show.
mporter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:05 am    Post subject:

frank70 wrote:
I don't want Westbrook. He is obviously good - but only for himself. His teammates are more or less pylons watching his show.

Having a guy which such a high usage rate that only knows going 1 on 1 and hasn't the capability and probably the will to involve his teammates AND to make them better isn't a winning formula. You won't beat top teams with a one-man-show.

I would argue that with Lonzo, you could put Westbrook at SG and let him attack offensively. I'd love to see it.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:25 am    Post subject:

Westbrook's speed, energy, and production is well-known, regardless, I don't like a single player dominating the passing and scoring and needing the ball constantly. I just don't like that type of ball, however, if it leads to championships...I'm in. I believe in ball movement by all 5 offensive players.
GreatBallsOnFire
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:33 am    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Phil leaving?

But he didn't give us Porky yet.

Yep, looks like Phil is donezo.

According to Ramona, announcement soon. The Phil Jackson E̶r̶a̶ Error is over.

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/879957316887396352

Ramona Shelburne Twitter wrote:
Knicks and President Phil Jackson are expected to announce that they're parting ways early Wednesday morning, sources told ESPN.

Good timing for us.

One year before and he would be Jimbo replacement.
frank70
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:36 am    Post subject:

mporter wrote:
frank70 wrote:

I would argue that with Lonzo, you could put Westbrook at SG and let him attack offensively. I'd love to see it.

Would he do it? Being the secondary ballhandler? I have doubts. He is the MVP and is taking a lesser role in favour of a 2nd year PG? I don't see it.

And i don't like his style of play at all. He is a force without a question. But he is selfish and it looks to me as if his stats are more important to kim then the W.

It probably isn't even bad will. He simply lacks the vision or/and BB IQ toplay the game more team oriented. Never had to - because of his freakish athleticism.

Not my brand of basketball. And not winning basketball imho.
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject:

Multiple sources Heard PJ was trying to send KP over for Larry Nance, thus, led to him getting fired.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject:

Kirby Brian wrote:
Multiple sources Heard PJ was trying to send KP over for Larry Nance, thus, led to him getting fired.

Care to link any? That sounds absurd. But, it IS the Knicks.
ratra_1211
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject:

Kirby Brian wrote:

phil is still a laker after all
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:
Westbrook's speed, energy, and production is well-known, regardless, I don't like a single player dominating the passing and scoring and needing the ball constantly. I just don't like that type of ball, however, if it leads to championships...I'm in. I believe in ball movement by all 5 offensive players.

Kobe?

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Kirby Brian wrote:

LINK
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject:

Kirby Brian wrote:

Thank gawd that didn't go through.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Kirby Brian wrote:

now that PJax is out I assume the Knicks will become the next bidders in the Paul George race?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Kirby Brian wrote:

now that PJax is out I assume the Knicks will become the next bidders in the Paul George race?

Good idea. KP is code for Kevin Pritchard #PritchardLeak
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
LakerEric wrote:

Kobe?

If you read anything from me over Kobe's duration with the Lakers, I didn't like Kobe's game but when he was on and leading us to titles...I was in! When he shot us out of games or froze out his teammates when he was ice cold...I was burying him. I'm going to own that! I think the thing about Kobe/Russ that is the toughest thing to handle is trying to shoot yourself out of a cold streak. Getting to the free throw line and developing rhythm, I don't mind so much. Kobe was capable of being a triple double machine and Russ developed that obviously last year. I just don't like a team completely "dependent" on a player to do everything. You saw that in the first round series vs. Houston (speaking of Russ). Kobe was a HOF and I believe if he developed more of a balance in his passing and shooting...He definitely would have been the GOAT IMHO. Kobe could do it but he was a scoring assassin and admitted to being so.

I love Magic's game...the scoring assist as opposed to the hockey assist (Kobe), however, both won 5 titles (Magic career was cut short, I believe he would've won 1-2 more as he ONLY played 12 years (13 years if you count the comeback year after being gone 4 years due to HIV)! Take that LeBron!) Lonzo reminds me of Magic and he knows the balance. Kobe was a force of naturel...good and bad. I respect him though! Great F'n Laker!!!

Last edited by LakerEric on Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Kirby Brian wrote:

and don't forget the rumor that Paul George has secretly talked about teaming up with Porzingis and that he always wanted to play in NY but but wouldn't go there because they ran the triangle but now? Oh my god, now he's instructing his agent to make all possible moves to get him to the Knicks.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Kirby Brian wrote:

and don't forget the rumor that Paul George has secretly talked about teaming up with Porzingis and that he always wanted to play in NY but but wouldn't go there because they ran the triangle but now? Oh my god, now he's instructing his agent to make all possible moves to get him to the Knicks.

At this point, who hasn't been rumored to be someone George has always wanted to play with?

Maybe he is just desperate to get out of Indiana?
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject:

Trying to think when was the last time a player got traded to a team he didn't wanted to go
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Kirby Brian wrote:

LINK

I thought it was Josh Hart.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

Chase.button07 wrote:
Trying to think when was the last time a player got traded to a team he didn't wanted to go

Probably Dwight Howard.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

Chase.button07 wrote:

Chris Webber?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject:

Pretend that we are Boston and have the same exact roster and assets as they have now. And the rumors are we are trying to sign Hayward and trade for PG. As a fan what assets would you be willing to trade to Indiana to get PG?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Pretend that we are Boston and have the same exact roster and assets as they have now. And the rumors are we are trying to sign Hayward and trade for PG. As a fan what assets would you be willing to trade to Indiana to get PG?

yuck. What happen?

CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Yup, and they sill likely keep Tatum, Smart, and a bunch of draft picks they have .
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:

Boogie.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

If I am Boston, I would like butler +PG13 much better than Hayward +PG13.
They can afford both
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 645, 646, 647 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next
Page 646 of 1028
Jump to: