PAUL GEORGE Thread (Scared to "Straddle the Fence" with Lakers and throws Jab at LeBron, pg. 1027)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 780, 781, 782 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
I am totally in the minority here but I think PG is vastly over rated,as well as possessing a shall we say " less than competitive spirit"

We may have hated Greg Foster but at least he had the balls to make a throat slitting gesture or two.

PG is a little light in the loafers you feel me?

Maybe this is just an indictment of the league as a whole these days.

I feel like Bill Burr here.. "no, can you please stop speaking in these backwards riddles?"

dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Showtime isn't coming back. If you won't like PG13, then it may be a while for you as a Lakers fan. Not sure what else can be said.

how dare you!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Showtime isn't coming back. If you won't like PG13, then it may be a while for you as a Lakers fan. Not sure what else can be said.

how dare you!

You've got to move on. I was there for Showtime, loved it. Then the Shaq/Kobe era. Loved it. Then Kobe/Pau. Loved it.

There are iterations subject to different cap rules and personnel constrictions.

Comparing today with the 1980s team (which operated under completely different set of rules, doubtful they could have kept that Showtime team together for as long as they did under today's rules) is just going to make you depressed.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Showtime is over. It’s been over for 30 years. Get out of the past and look at where we are right now, because that’s where the blind spot is in your reasoning. The Lakers aren’t in a position to decide who they’re too good for. George is an elite two-way player who would immediately be the best player on this team if he signed today. This is about upgrading the team, not sitting around waiting and hoping that a top 5-10 player will come here by himself.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject:

you guys really are disappointing me right now.

I'm not expecting rambis to come flying back across the court into the 5th row if that is what you are insinuating.

Do you even understand what the "Showtime" ethos is all about? do you?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
you guys really are disappointing me right now.

I'm not expecting rambis to come flying back across the court into the 5th row if that is what you are insinuating.

Do you even understand what the "Showtime" ethos is all about? do you?

I do. I lived through it.

Your issue will be that people aren't made from that same cloth anymore.

This is a total different NBA than what it was back then.

If you can't enjoy PG13, maybe LBJ and a young core, and that isn't exciting to you, not sure what I can say about your chances of remaining a Lakers fan.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject:

And guess what. Magic, he of Showtime fame, is the one at the helm signing PG13. You think he gets "it?"
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject:

As a brainless Laker fan I will cheer for whatever product ends up on the floor but mark my words Showtime is not dead, its just riding the pine for a breather.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
As a brainless Laker fan I will cheer for whatever product ends up on the floor but mark my words Showtime is not dead, its just riding the pine for a breather.

You call 30+ years a breather?

Showtime is dead b/c the NBA is so reliant on 3 ball and analytics at the winningest levels.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
If this is an inappropriate comment - I apologize and please delete

But some people on here are treating a max contract like a girl holding onto her virginity.

Translation: Some people on this forum have too high of standards when it comes to giving a max contract out if they think PG13 isn't a max player

I understand the basketball part. But in the analogy, is the virgin girl thinking too highly of herself in waiting for the right man to take it away? Or are we thinking in the perspective of guys unreasonably salivating at deflowering a girl?
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Showtime happens every time there is a fast break due to a good defensive play.

Showtime is a no look pass and a slam dunk.

Showtime is back to back 3 pointers and then a third three pointer for good measure.

Sure other teams do these things but the difference is they are not doing it in a Laker uniform.

Showtime is not dead because Magic and Pelinka and Jeannie still believe in it and so do I.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:

Showtime is back to back 3 pointers and then a third three pointer for good measure.

Sure other teams do these things but the difference is they are not doing it in a Laker uniform.

Showtime is not dead because Magic and Pelinka and Jeannie still believe in it and so do I.

https://media.giphy.com/media/B2pYWvuAH2cnu/giphy.gif
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:

So do you have 3 HOFers in hand to implement this 1980s style of play?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Well, at least he admits he’s brainless

I very openly admit that I didn’t exist during the Showtime era. I was even too young to experience the Shaq-Kobe era as a serious fan. But I was a serious fan during the Kobe-Pau era. Great times. Every once in awhile I even rewatch games from that era. But as great as it was to experience that as a fan, I’m not stuck on the triangle and hoping it makes a comeback That era is over with. The only thing I care about is the Lakers assembling a team that can compete in today’s league and in this era. That’s all that counts. Take your Kurt Rambis glasses off. It’s over with.

Last edited by Judah on Fri May 18, 2018 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

Yeah Josh Hart, Zubac and Andre Ingram. All 3 of them LOVE being a Laker and I feel the passion every time they step out onto the floor. When Zu was drafted he was elated when he said that he'd been a lifelong Laker fan and how this was a dream come true. Thats good enough for me.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

You call 30+ years a breather?

Showtime is dead b/c the NBA is so reliant on 3 ball and analytics at the winningest levels.

I considered the Shaq/Kobe years as Showtime.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

Yeah Josh Hart, Zubac and Andre Ingram. All 3 of them LOVE being a Laker and I feel the passion every time they step out onto the floor. When Zu was drafted he was elated when he said that he'd been a lifelong Laker fan and how this was a dream come true. Thats good enough for me.

Right, let’s fill the roster with guys who love being Lakers, regardless of their talent. We stink, but who cares? Showtime is back.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:

the dream would be somehow robbing the spurs into giving us Kawhi for a package around Kuzma. Maybe kuzma and both our picks this year lol
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
I am totally in the minority here but I think PG is vastly over rated,as well as possessing a shall we say " less than competitive spirit"

We may have hated Greg Foster but at least he had the balls to make a throat slitting gesture or two.

PG is a little light in the loafers you feel me?

Maybe this is just an indictment of the league as a whole these days.

That's what your barometer is in terms of players?

yes 100%
I want to be entertained which is why "Showtime " was created in the first place.

It doesn't make me less of a fan because I dont know the status of someone's Bird rights or what a salary cap really is and it doesn't make stat geeks more of a fan because they do.

I'd rather we spend money on a player who will bring passion every time they wear the golden armor and it bothers me terribly to see so much money potentially spent on one player like PG who barely registers a pulse most nights. Same reason why I always disliked Melo.

I just want my Showtime back. I want passionate players.

If Paul George does come I hope he brings the passion for the team.

After All, his initials PG = Purple and GOLD

How much of Paul George's career have you actually watched? He's clearly not the MVP-level heir to Magic and Kobe, but he can ball and the guy plays hard. Remember those hard fought playoff runs the Pacers had?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

to each their own.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Hate to count the chickens before they hatch - but yeah - PG is going to be a Laker.

He'll be the best combo guard we've had since Kobe.

Should be fun!
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Boy, if I got a dollar every time I heard someone say that Zubac will be in the Hall of Fame, I’d have....one dollar.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Boy, if I got a dollar every time I heard someone say that Zubac will be in the Hall of Fame, I’d have....one dollar.

Zubac is going to have a statue in front of Staples one day and his statue will be of him dunking...on Shaq.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

Right, let’s fill the roster with guys who love being Lakers, regardless of their talent. We stink, but who cares? Showtime is back.

Wait are you implying that Zubac Hart and Andre Ingram are not all stars next year ? Go be a Clippers fan they need you
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Troll alert.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 780, 781, 782 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next
Page 781 of 1028
Jump to: