PAUL GEORGE Thread (Scared to "Straddle the Fence" with Lakers and throws Jab at LeBron, pg. 1027)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 788, 789, 790 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Paul George is a really good player, but I'm not even worried if he doesn't come. This young core and this front office is on the right track.

The problem is he's the most attainable FA we've had in nearly 4-5 years. If he doesn't come, then likely no other max FAs are coming.

The worst outcome IMO is to punt 2 max again to 2019. If we don't get 1 max player in 2018, why are we getting 2 again in 2019?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
Latest news: PG has already made up his mind about staying in OKC

Supposedly he feels that team would’ve done better with a health Andre Roberson. Lmao!

Good thing..the guy who said it doesn’t seem to have much credibility.
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:

Supposedly he feels that team would’ve done better with a health Andre Roberson.

They likely would have performed better with a healthy Roberson; but more importantly, what is the source of this "latest news"?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Paul George is a really good player, but I'm not even worried if he doesn't come. This young core and this front office is on the right track.

The problem is he's the most attainable FA we've had in nearly 4-5 years. If he doesn't come, then likely no other max FAs are coming.

The worst outcome IMO is to punt 2 max again to 2019. If we don't get 1 max player in 2018, why are we getting 2 again in 2019?

Cause the young core makes the playoffs with just fillers around them. Then we’re even more attractive than this off-season.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Cause the young core makes the playoffs with just fillers around them. Then we’re even more attractive than this off-season.

I know many people will say that DLO died for this, but I personally never held the front office's feet to the fire after that trade. PG would be a great addition to this team, but if he doesn't come, then in my mind, it's oh well. We still have a lot to be excited about with this young team. It would be nice, but not the end of the world if it doesn't happen.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

that team will always be a 1st-2nd round exit with Melo refusing to accept his diminished abilities.
And as good as Westbrook can be there is ceiling to how far a team can go with him dominating the offense
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:

Supposedly he feels that team would’ve done better with a health Andre Roberson. Lmao!

http://dailythunder.com/thunder-notebook-tuesday-may-22/

Hmmmmm

Reporter from OKC News 9 @DeanBlevins

Worthy of a thread title update?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:

Hmmmmm

Definitely not
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:

Hmmmmm

Thanks for linking.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

Here's @DevinBlevins full quote:

Quote:
Allegedly, apparently, Paul George plans to stay with the Thunder. I know it’s not what people believe but, in separate conversations, I’m told PG’s agent has told people associated with the NBA that PG believes the injury loss of Andre Roberson was huge and he’s staying.
Disclaimer, though: Believing everything that agents allegedly say can be dangerous to your health.”

God, can this source be any more BS?

First he starts off with allegedly, apparently

Then he says he hears third hand from some guys who talked to PG's agent who of course heard it from PG (perfect hearsay evidence ) Also people associated with the nba could be the thunder equipment manager for all we know.

Then he goes with a disclaimer to hedge himself against his report turning out wrong.

If this isn't clickbait, I don't know what is

Last edited by Vanquish on Thu May 24, 2018 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

Yeah I always said when the bookies odds went stupid I'd start believing he was coming and we're currently 1/2 with OKC next at 4/1. That's an absurd gap.

From the comments over at SS&R it transpires that Dean Blevins is far from reputable and actually claimed Durant was staying with OKC the summer he signed with GSW so...
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
...actually claimed Durant was staying with OKC the summer he signed with GSW so...

Not just that, but the 5-year max as well, when everybody and their mother (who knew nothing about max contracts) would know it would be a 1+1 with a player option so he can sign the 35% max the following season.
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:

Hmmmmm

Same reporter, Dean Blevins, claiming that his sources told him Durant was “signing a 5-year deal to stay with OKC” back in summer of 2016:

https://www.thelostogle.com/2016/06/27/dean-blevins-inside-sources-say-kevin-durant-is-going-to-sign-a-five-year-deal/

Not reputable.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

Since PG is a known people pleaser, taking off the cuff comments from him or his agent is even more unreliable than usual.

PG will tell people what they want to hear, with just enough of a disclaimer to give him an out.

Last edited by Vanquish on Thu May 24, 2018 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
Here's @DevinBlevins full quote:

Quote:
Allegedly, apparently, Paul George plans to stay with the Thunder. I know it’s not what people believe but, in separate conversations, I’m told PG’s agent has told people associated with the NBA that PG believes the injury loss of Andre Roberson was huge and he’s staying.
Disclaimer, though: Believing everything that agents allegedly say can be dangerous to your health.”

God, can this source be any more BS?

First he starts off with allegedly, apparently

Then he says he hears third hand from some guys who talked to PG's agent who of course heard it from PG (perfectly hearsay evidence ) Also people associated with the nba could be the thunder equipment manager for all we know.

Then he goes with a disclaimer to hedge himself against his report turning out wrong.

If this isn't clickbait, I don't know what is

Lots of speculation one way or another. FA chips will fall soon. If we strike out we strike out. I'd hate to miss PG because he could open the door to other FA's, so I'd hate for that To happen but anything is possible right now.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
El Seano wrote:
...actually claimed Durant was staying with OKC the summer he signed with GSW so...

Not just that, but the 5-year max as well, when everybody and their mother (who knew nothing about max contracts) would know it would be a 1+1 with a player option so he can sign the 35% max the following season.

A 3 year deal with an opt out after year 2 would give him more security.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
Since PG is a known people pleaser, taking off the cuff comments from him or his agent is even more unreliable than usual.

PG will tell people what they want to hear, with just enough of a disclaimer to give him an out.

Just like this one...

Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject:

I personally don't see PG coming, he seems to like like Westbrook taking the lead so he does not have to deal with the pressure of failure. Besides there's the money which is quite a bit more if he stays in OKC. Unless Maginka and his agent can put together something that can supplement the salary difference I don't see him here. Big test for our FO this summer wether they have some real pull or just no different that Jimbo and Mitch.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject:

George makes the third team.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

What does this mean again in terms of FA signings?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

But we don’t need that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Judah wrote:

What does this mean again in terms of FA signings?

Nothing. Can’t get the super max Bc he was traded.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Just not following some of the reasoning of some around here that the Lakers should take a beggars cant be choosers mentality. Some of those FAs mentioned are flawed. They have pros and cons to be considered.

Signing LBJ/PG13 is not a "beggars can't be choosers" move. They're the #1 and #2 FAs this summer.

There are certainly other moves that would be more emblematic of that mentality, but LBJ/PG13 is not that.

Did not specifically reference those two in my broad comment. As you point out there are others that are. And you have seen the same comments posted over past months of "beggars can't be choosers" mentality as I have.

As I mentioned, pros and cons.

Even in your comment above. You mention how bad it will be for George that WB will be hitting $40M a year. Isn't that what James will be getting in a year or two also?

If WB is setting up to be overpaid and declining, why isn't James? Fast approaching over 60 thousand career mins and isn't his max contract progression in the range of $36M, $39M and $42M over the next three years?

Pros and cons to be considered. I have mentioned before. To me James is a not a mentor coming in to facilitate the young core. You pay him to be Lebron F'n James. He is an all in win now scenario. Evidenced by the recent furor over trading multiple assets for a potentially chronically injured or malingering Leonard at all costs. A year before his FA! Sure he fits with the fantasy roster for the best chance to win for a year or two. But lets not overlook the concerns for long term Laker organization health.

I will be a fan cheering them on either way. But some "plans" I am less enthusiastic about then others.

Good post.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

The Lakers don't and Maginka have to get creative using cap space for asset accumulation and future trades.
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

Quote:
First: LeBron James, James Harden, Anthony Davis, Damian Lillard, Kevin Durant.

Second: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Russell Westbrook, Joel Embiid, LaMarcus Aldridge, DeMar DeRozan.

Third: Stephen Curry, Victor Oladipo, Karl-Anthony Towns, Jimmy Butler, Paul George.

Paul "Not Worth The Max" George made 3rd team All-NBA.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 788, 789, 790 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next
Page 789 of 1028
Jump to: