PAUL GEORGE Thread (Scared to "Straddle the Fence" with Lakers and throws Jab at LeBron, pg. 1027)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 837, 838, 839 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlashAK7
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
“He keeps going back and forth of what he wants to do.”

- @stephenasmith on Paul George

https://twitter.com/ESPNLosAngeles/status/1010332703604928512

SAS likes to go on air and report some pretty personal takes that could only come from the player or someone very, very close to the player.

In other words, this is a load of bs, imo.
legend825
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Broussard is very annoying
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

PG has been trying to get to LA for a while now. The idea that he won’t take his opportunity finally is laughable. The idea that he won’t finally come home to LA because he wants to stay in Oklahoma is insanity. He’s not going to miss his chance to try another year with Westbrook and risk his chance not being there next year.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:

PG has been trying to get to LA for a while now. The idea that he won’t take his opportunity finally is laughable. The idea that he won’t finally come home to LA because he wants to stay in Oklahoma is insanity. He’s not going to miss his chance to try another year with Westbrook and risk his chance not being there next year.

I will say this.

It is now or never if he wants to be a Laker.

If he doesn't come now, he is never going to be here.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

Sounds like his agent is trying to create drama by throwing out the word that his client hasn’t decided yet, it gives people something to talk about, that doesn’t mean he won’t re-sign with OKC but there is definitely a agenda when it comes to agents controlling there players.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
legend825
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject:

We shall see by July 4
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject:

PG13 better take a reality check. He’s part of the 2nd tier all stars behind LeBron, kd and a healthy KL by a mile. If he’s butt hurt because no ones talking about him lately, so be it. We got bigger fish to fry. A mid first round rookie was more impactful than PG during last years playoffs. Don’t tell me about Westbrook took all the shots, if PG believes in his ability he would’ve fought for his own shots, it’s not like okc had a structural offensive set anyway. The guy reeks mentally weak if he tries to get attention or possibly stays in OKC.

Last edited by SGV-Laker fan on Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject:

legend825 wrote:

He's always talking worst case scenario for Lakers. I think he doesn't want Lakers to become good. Always felt that seeing him talk about FA scenarios. Telling PG to consider Philly if he's watching.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

There are real scenarios where the money isn't there in LA for Paul George. LeBron could prefer a Kawhi and Pope combination for example. George can't alienate the Thunder until he has an offer in hand. Plus, Mintz would probably still like LA to negotiate a deal with Randle so leaving George's interests up in the air also gives him more leverage.

IMO if LA puts a max offer in front of George it's signed at the first opportunity. He didn't force his way out of Indy to become annual first round fodder in Oklahoma.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Nah Broussard counters Cowherd who loves the Lakers
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Broussard also said there's tension between CP3 and Rockets as he was promised 4 year max last summer when he opted in and now Rockets not sure about it. Colin started talking about the possibility of Lebron + CP3 with latter on a 2 year max deal if he falls out with the Rockets.

saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

There are real scenarios where the money isn't there in LA for Paul George. LeBron could prefer a Kawhi and Pope combination for example. George can't alienate the Thunder until he has an offer in hand. Plus, Mintz would probably still like LA to negotiate a deal with Randle so leaving George's interests up in the air also gives him more leverage.

IMO if LA puts a max offer in front of George it's signed at the first opportunity. He didn't force his way out of Indy to become annual first round fodder in Oklahoma.

That won't be a smart move by the Lakers. If we still want Leonard next summer, it's not like we can't trade PG 13. Even Blake got traded easily despite his contract. PG 13 is a far better player. We shouldn't risk a strikeout. Chances of Lebron coming only increases if we get PG 13.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:

I will say this.

It is now or never if he wants to be a Laker.

If he doesn't come now, he is never going to be here.

And be stuck in OKC or wherever they may trade him if he gets blake griffin’d.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NotoriousOHM/status/1010334998753230848
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/NotoriousOHM/status/1010334998753230848

True. A lot of people have been saying this.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject:

He’s a people pleaser. No need to rub it in when his goal for the past few years is within reach now.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject:

I don't have high opinions of PG13, I've been very vocal about that. Especially at the cost of young talent, but for FREE, why not. But I just think his $30 million price tag will be a drain in the later yrs.

And if he's truly conflicted? And if he chooses to stay in OKC over LA where his friends and family want him, the challenge of being a Laker, then I'm telling you good riddance, you don't want this guy. This would be on par with his decision making on the court. He's 6'9 with elite T-Mac/Kobe handles but averages 3.2 assists in his career. He makes dumb decisions!!!!

Last edited by Runway8 on Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
I don't have high opinions of PG13, I've been very vocal about that. Especially at the cost of young talent, but for FREE, why not. But I just think his $30 million price tag will be a drain in the later yrs.

And if he's truly conflicted? And if he chooses to stay in OKC over LA where his friends and family want him, then I'm telling you good riddance, you don't want this guy. This would be on par with his dicision making on the court. He's 6'9 with elite T-Mac/Kobe handles but averages 3.2 assists in his career. He makes dumb decisions!!!!

PG is 27 .... 4 yr max. He’ll only be 31
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
legend825 wrote:

He's always talking worst case scenario for Lakers. I think he doesn't want Lakers to become good. Always felt that seeing him talk about FA scenarios. Telling PG to consider Philly if he's watching.

No, he doesn't. His agenda is crystal clear. Which is why his analysis, particularly when it comes to the Lakers, is meaningless.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

YSong wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

And if he's truly conflicted? And if he chooses to stay in OKC over LA where his friends and family want him, then I'm telling you good riddance, you don't want this guy. This would be on par with his dicision making on the court. He's 6'9 with elite T-Mac/Kobe handles but averages 3.2 assists in his career. He makes dumb decisions!!!!

PG is 27 .... 4 yr max. He’ll only be 31

28 now. He'll be 32 after the 4th year. What I mean by drain is you're going to see better players on the market, but you're stuck with him. Unless your an all time great like MJ, Lebron, Kobe, wings fade when they knock on 30.
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

Runway8 wrote:

And if he's truly conflicted? And if he chooses to stay in OKC over LA where his friends and family want him, the challenge of being a Laker, then I'm telling you good riddance, you don't want this guy. This would be on par with his decision making on the court. He's 6'9 with elite T-Mac/Kobe handles but averages 3.2 assists in his career. He makes dumb decisions!!!!

He is coming. For him to stay in OKC would truly be one of the most monumentally stupid decisions any NBA player has ever made. It means OKC literally has kidnapped his mom and is holding her hostage in the basement. I don’t know about Lebron and who knows what the Spurs are thinking re: trading Kawhi but the one thing I am 150 percent sure about is PG will be wearing a Laker uniform this year.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
He’s a people pleaser. No need to rub it in when his goal for the past few years is within reach now.

That's the problem with him though. By giving OKC fans false hope, he's just going to make people hate him even more. This is especially going to be the case, if he makes his decision to sign with the lakers on July 1st, thereby indicating he never seriously considered OKC all along.

He should just be clear about it, because people pleasing is going to backfire in the end. If he doesn't handle this properly, he might get another the Decision moment, except on a smaller scale because he's not as big a superstar as lebron.

Last edited by Vanquish on Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

My thoughts exactly
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

Yeah. All those who voted him into the 3rd team all nba are so foolish.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That's the problem with him though. By giving OKC fans false hope, he's just going to make people hate him even more. This is especially going to be the case, if he makes his decision to sign with the lakers on July 1st, thereby indicating he never seriously considered OKC all along.

He should just be clear about it, because people pleasing is going to backfire in the end. If he doesn't handle this properly, he might get another the Decision moment, except on a smaller scale because he's not as big a superstar as lebron.

They’re a super petty fanbase. But why Enflame them now. He hasn’t said or done a peep.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 837, 838, 839 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next
Page 838 of 1028
Jump to: