PAUL GEORGE Thread (Scared to "Straddle the Fence" with Lakers and throws Jab at LeBron, pg. 1027)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 851, 852, 853 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
Houston better step up its game and sign cp3 ASAP before we snatch their title aspirations away.

The Warriors have already done that.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Carmelo opting in and spouting off to his critics about it.

Looks like a lot of fun coming up in capped out OKC...

Does PG really want to be alongside this corpse?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

repandpresent wrote:
Heavy fines were thrown around the last time anyone from the Lakers front office mentioned Paul George.

Not only has our front office been quiet, so has PG13 and his camp.

I think that both sides want it to be as clean as possible until July 1st.

Both sides are just trying to stay clear from tampering allegations

PG13 is coming and LBJ is as well.

Both Nike athletes. Word on the internet is that Nike is starting to heavily discount LBJ Cavs jerseys.

George’s side can’t tamper, the biggest myth here at LG. He could come out and say he was going to be a Laker and nothing would be wrong with that. He hasn’t and people are using tampering to ease their minds.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
Al13 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
MJST wrote:
Got a question.

If you could get Paul George but he didn't want to play with LeBron. Would you do it?

If turning him down means we get LBJ, then yes, I turn down PG13.

George is a great player. LeBron transforms franchises.

OKC w/o PG and Melo in 2016-17: 47-35

OKC with PG and Melo in 2017-18: 48-34

is this worth max money ? i‘m still torn on George

Edited the original post to make it a more appropriate comparison... PG actually IMPROVED OKC’s record despite also adding Carmelo Anthony. That’s how good he is.

I would say that's improving your 100 yard dash time with an extra 25 pounds on your back. Not bad.

HAHAHAHA! Just you wait! When it comes time for PG13 to come home, OKC will want to do a "Take Melo as well" trade!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
repandpresent wrote:
Heavy fines were thrown around the last time anyone from the Lakers front office mentioned Paul George.

Both Nike athletes. Word on the internet is that Nike is starting to heavily discount LBJ Cavs jerseys.

Hoping that Nike will quickly “make up” for the four million dollar paycuts that it’d take for Leonard, James, and George’s to all sign here outright.

It would never make up, that will always be lost revenue.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
I can see why PG13 doesn't want to come. I don't think he is being respected or appreciated by us or the front office. He is not a top 5 player on this league but he is one of the best two-way players. He has made it clear that he made the Lakers his preferred destination but our response is "nah, I prefer to have KL than him" or "if we miss out PG13, it is not a big deal", whereas I can imagine OKC is being 100% committed wanting him to stay. Let's stop flirting with other players, just focus on signing him before he changes his mind.

What George made clear was that he wanted traded from Indy.

False what he made clear was that he wasn't returning to Indi. he was giving them a heads up not demanding a trade.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
repandpresent wrote:

Hoping that Nike will quickly “make up” for the four million dollar paycuts that it’d take for Leonard, James, and George’s to all sign here outright.

It would never make up, that will always be lost revenue.

Perhaps. But investing your time and effort into a team that is likely to have better title chances, more playoff revenue, and more media exposure could go a long way to mitigate that loss. And not just with cameos on Larry's Big Screen TV ads. Cheesy hollywood movies, Sprite ads alongside Lebron, etc - it all pays.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
I can see why PG13 doesn't want to come. I don't think he is being respected or appreciated by us or the front office. He is not a top 5 player on this league but he is one of the best two-way players. He has made it clear that he made the Lakers his preferred destination but our response is "nah, I prefer to have KL than him" or "if we miss out PG13, it is not a big deal", whereas I can imagine OKC is being 100% committed wanting him to stay. Let's stop flirting with other players, just focus on signing him before he changes his mind.

False what he made clear was that he wasn't returning to Indi. he was giving them a heads up not demanding a trade.

VLF keeps repeating this lie hoping it will become truth. George's camp actually told the Lakers not to trade any talent for him, the complete opposite of this repeated lie by VLF. He didn't want another Melo/Knicks situation. He wanted to play with them, not trade them away.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

VLF keeps repeating this lie hoping it will become truth. George's camp actually told the Lakers not to trade any talent for him, the complete opposite of this repeated lie by VLF. He didn't want another Melo/Knicks situation. He wanted to play with them, not trade them away.

According to George that never happened, he expected the Lakers to try and trade for him. But keep drinking the media Kool Aid.
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

According to George that never happened, he expected the Lakers to try and trade for him. But keep drinking the media Kool Aid.

Sheesh, this again? There was a report last year that George’s people told the Lakers not to trade away valuable pieces for him. Then George did a sit-down interview with Woj after the Thunder trade, which is where he answered “yes” when Woj asked him if he was surprised that the Lakers didn’t try hard to trade for him. What exactly would you expect George to say in that scenario VLF? “No, I wasn’t surprised because my people told them not to since I’m signing there next year anyway”?

C’mon man.

To be clear, I don’t think it’s a sure thing that George comes here. But to draw the conclusion you’ve drawn from the sequence of events described above, and then to accuse OTHERS of drinking media Kool Aid feels a little ironic.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Hope he takes a 1 plus 1
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject:

I honestly think he's torn between OKC and his hometown right now. OKC can offer him big money, plus, he seems to think the OKC roster should do much better than 1st round of playoff. Bottom line, I believe he will at least have a meeting with our FO, and we'll see what our FO can do.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Pacers weren't going to trade him to the Lakers.
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject:

statyin wrote:
I honestly think he's torn between OKC and his hometown right now. OKC can offer him big money, plus, he seems to think the OKC roster should do much better than 1st round of playoff. Bottom line, I believe he will at least have a meeting with our FO, and we'll see what our FO can do.

Smokescreen. Lakers with LeBron and George are a better team than OKC
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

I don't agree. We offer Ingram, and they take that instantly. That's what they were demanding, and we refused.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:07 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

I don't agree. We offer Ingram, and they take that instantly. That's what they were demanding, and we refused.

yeah, most thought #2 Pick or Ingram would have closed that deal....probably could have used salary filler like Brewer with one of those assets to get that deal done without even offering Randle and Clarkson (who had more market value then).
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:53 am    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
Al13 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
MJST wrote:
Got a question.

If you could get Paul George but he didn't want to play with LeBron. Would you do it?

Edited the original post to make it a more appropriate comparison... PG actually IMPROVED OKC’s record despite also adding Carmelo Anthony. That’s how good he is.

I would say that's improving your 100 yard dash time with an extra 25 pounds on your back. Not bad.

Well put.

Yeah, OKC lost 3 players - Oladipo, Sabonis, and Kanter

They added 2 - PG13 and Melo

So adding PG would be different for us because we're not losing any players to add him.

If we count Melo as a negative player, then it was PG13 for 3 rotational players, 2 of whom were bigs.

If OKC could have kept Oladipo, Sabonis and Kanter and then added PG13 to that core, then we can compare records. That's definitely a 50+ win team.
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject:

Is Melo the only one using this hashtag #STAYME7O

This is so lame
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:04 am    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
Al13 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
MJST wrote:
Got a question.

Well put.

Name the starting power forward for the Thunder the previous season please

no cheating ^_^
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject:

Man, really, PG must be really dumb or mentally weak if he doesn't want to leave OKC.

I'm not even talking about he must sign with the Lakers, but with him being able to come home to L.A or be the missing piece on a finals contender in Philadelphia, why would he stay in OKC with an insanely capped out payroll and a terrible fit?

Really, if he does choose OKC, I won't even be mad, because it'll show he was not the right guy for us.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:51 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
repandpresent wrote:

George’s side can’t tamper, the biggest myth here at LG. He could come out and say he was going to be a Laker and nothing would be wrong with that. He hasn’t and people are using tampering to ease their minds.

He could also come out like KD/Warriors (said he's staying with the Warriors to Rachel Nichols) and say he's staying on OKC, which he hasn't.
Ryan1973
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:54 am    Post subject:

E=MC² wrote:
statyin wrote:

Smokescreen. Lakers with LeBron and George are a better team than OKC

I would even say if you took PG out of the equation, the Lakers have an overall better roster than the Thunder even without Lebron. Other than Westbrook, the rest of the Thunder roster isn't that good.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
Man, really, PG must be really dumb or mentally weak if he doesn't want to leave OKC.

I'm not even talking about he must sign with the Lakers, but with him being able to come home to L.A or be the missing piece on a finals contender in Philadelphia, why would he stay in OKC with an insanely capped out payroll and a terrible fit?

Really, if he does choose OKC, I won't even be mad, because it'll show he was not the right guy for us.

I think he's coming to the Lakers. But for some reason if he didn't, yeah, I'd say there are issues going on in his head to want to spend the rest of his prime with WB, live in OKC, and join a hopelessly landlocked and capped out OKC team.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject:

If PG stays in OKC, it's purely for money reasons. I don't see why anyone would pick that team over ours with LBJ and possibly Kawhi in a year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
If PG stays in OKC, it's purely for money reasons. I don't see why anyone would pick that team over ours with LBJ and possibly Kawhi in a year.

But it's not really that much if you consider the possibility that he's likely doing a 2+1 deal so he can cash in again at age 30 (and at the 10+ service years max tier).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 851, 852, 853 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next
Page 852 of 1028
Jump to: