PAUL GEORGE Thread (Scared to "Straddle the Fence" with Lakers and throws Jab at LeBron, pg. 1027)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 792, 793, 794 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1000244532720500736?s=19

Interesting....

is that legit and recent?
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:17 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
I don’t blame Mitch for signing Moz-Deng. Jim was an owner and Mitch’s boss, and he’s the one who put himself on the clock. It was his desperation that led to those contracts. That’s on Jim.

I fault Mitch for assuming there would be an amnesty in the CBA. As an NBA GM, part of your job is knowing what’s going on around the league. Zach Lowe knew there would be no amnesty, but Mitch didn’t. Whether that was due to making lazy assumptions, a lack of working the phones, or a lack of thoroughness in strategic planning/cap management, it was an unbelievably bad mistake- a fireable offense.

Bottom line is that we’re in a much better place today, and the future looks bright. The young core is in place- now it’s time to start adding bigger fish.

PG coming aboard this summer will be a good next step.

I heard an interview with Mitch awhile back. I remember him explaining the reason for Moz/Deng. Essentially, the front office felt that they have come to a point where they needed to show some sort of tangible results, instead of just stating we're rebuilding.

Moz/Deng was supposed to get the lakers respectable, while they wait for the young core to develop. Since our younglings were clearly not ready yet, they felt they needed a stopgap measure to appease the fanbase.

This part is my opinion but I don't think either Mitch or Jim expected Moz/Deng to be total duds. I think the concern over amnesty indicates the opposite. They were overly optimistic about our young core and expected to give them large contracts once their initial rookie tenure was over. That would have put the lakers to tax territory, so they were banking on cutting either Moz or Deng then.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

Los Angeles Lakers: Kyle Kuzma and Paul George are in Las Vegas

Quote:
Paul George has been tied to his hometown Los Angeles Lakers for over a year before he was even a member of the Oklahoma City Thunder.

On Friday night, the speculation around George leaving Oklahoma City grew stronger. Both George and Los Angeles Lakers forward Kyle Kuzma are in Las Vegas at the same time; of course, sparking theories and speculation that the two sides may meet up.

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Quote:
Paul George has been tied to his hometown Los Angeles Lakers for over a year before he was even a member of the Oklahoma City Thunder.

On Friday night, the speculation around George leaving Oklahoma City grew stronger. Both George and Los Angeles Lakers forward Kyle Kuzma are in Las Vegas at the same time; of course, sparking theories and speculation that the two sides may meet up.

Interesting..
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:22 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Relying on amnesty just shows how bad those moves were.

Imagine the horror if Mitch had been able to get Dwight Howard and Carmelo Anthony to accept his max offers.

That would have made MozDeng look like nothing in comparison.

This was two times his low energy and lack of a plan really helped us actually.

Shudder....
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject:

No news is good news to me.

Only news I want to hear on 1201am on free agency day is PG signs with the Lakers.

Bye.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject:

I think 90% of the NBA players r in Vegas in off-season
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject:

Memorial Day weekend... so INTERESTING!!!!!!!!!!!

🤦🏻‍♂️
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject:

Kuzma + George + Ingram + Randle sounds pretty good
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

He sign yet?
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

Interesting..

Indeed. Why would both people hide out in such a remote, boring outpost like Las Vegas at this unusual time - a holiday weekend?

Come to think of it - this may have more to do with Area 51 than basketball. I'm packing my tinfoil hat and heading out there pronto.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

Interesting..

Indeed. Why would both people hide out in such a remote, boring outpost like Las Vegas at this unusual time - a holiday weekend?

Come to think of it - this may have more to do with Area 51 than basketball. I'm packing my tinfoil hat and heading out there pronto.

Elvis and I will meet up with you.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
He sign yet?

Yep. Want me to lend you the time stone?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

I think PG13 is the guy who will swing the LBJ decision. Adding a bona fide 2 way guy who can also run a team will go a long way. Imagine that switchable defense with guys like LBJ/PG13, then you have Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Jules/Hart (I'd do whatever it takes to keep him).
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think PG13 is the guy who will swing the LBJ decision. Adding a bona fide 2 way guy who can also run a team will go a long way. Imagine that switchable defense with guys like LBJ/PG13, then you have Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Jules/Hart (I'd do whatever it takes to keep him).

Paul George is Kevin Love, not Kyrie Irving.

The Lakers would need a Kyrie Irving to convince LBJ to come.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

LOL no.

2 way basketball is what LBJ needs.

Irving/Love are 1 way players. Keep pressing that agenda while advocating for guys like Boogie/IT.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
governator wrote:
He sign yet?

Yep. Want me to lend you the Time Stone?

oh "snap"!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah, Kevin Love is the two-way player Paul George is. That part of the analogy lines up perfectly. Now where is Kyrie? Lebron will only join a team that reminds him of Love/Kyrie, and there will be many teams that can offer this.
Kookie Monster
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah, Kevin Love is the two-way player Paul George is. That part of the analogy lines up perfectly. Now where is Kyrie? Lebron will only join a team that reminds him of Love/Kyrie, and there will be many teams that can offer this.

And if he wants to equate Paul George to Kevin Love, it can be argued that Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma and even Josh Hart is at least equal to, if not greater than Kyrie Irving.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

i'm not talking about playstyle, I'm talking about levels as a player.

Kyrie is a legitimate top 2 option on a Championship roster, Kevin Love is at best it's 3rd or 4th best player on one.

That is what and where Paul George is as a player.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

LOL no.

Irving/Love are 1 way players. Keep pressing that agenda while advocating for guys like Boogie/IT.

No, two-way basketball is not what LBJ leads, LBJ needs a legitimate guy whom you could consider a top 2 option on a Championship roster. That is what Kyrie showed the potential to be and then proved himself to be. Kevin Love has proven himself to be the "3rd wheel" kind of guy, and that is what Paul George is.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject:

If LeBron wants his Kyrie Irving then maybe he might want Lillard
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

LOL no.

No, two-way basketball is not what LBJ leads, LBJ needs a legitimate guy whom you could consider a top 2 option on a Championship roster. That is what Kyrie showed the potential to be and then proved himself to be. Kevin Love has proven himself to be the "3rd wheel" kind of guy, and that is what Paul George is.

Disagree.

PG13 with LBJ is a #2 option. And being a 2 way player is important for him. Against the Warriors he can guard KD or Klay.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

LOL no.

Disagree.

PG13 with LBJ is a #2 option. And being a 2 way player is important for him. Against the Warriors he can guard KD or Klay.

He’s worried they’ll pay PG instead of Jules. I think that’s becoming crystal clear.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If LeBron wants his Kyrie Irving then maybe he might want Lillard

I've never really been a Dame fan, but even if I try to be unbiased, I still don't think he's close to Kyrie. Accounting for health, it's probably a different conclusion, though.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 792, 793, 794 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next
Page 793 of 1028
Jump to: