PAUL GEORGE Thread (Scared to "Straddle the Fence" with Lakers and throws Jab at LeBron, pg. 1027)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 793, 794, 795 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If LeBron wants his Kyrie Irving then maybe he might want Lillard

I've never really been a Dame fan, but even if I try to be unbiased, I still don't think he's close to Kyrie. Accounting for health, it's probably a different conclusion, though.

He’s a lot more closer to Irving then suggesting that George is closer to Kevin Love...
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think PG13 is the guy who will swing the LBJ decision. Adding a bona fide 2 way guy who can also run a team will go a long way. Imagine that switchable defense with guys like LBJ/PG13, then you have Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Jules/Hart (I'd do whatever it takes to keep him).

Paul George is Kevin Love, not Kyrie Irving.

The Lakers would need a Kyrie Irving to convince LBJ to come.

LOL no.

2 way basketball is what LBJ needs.

Irving/Love are 1 way players. Keep pressing that agenda while advocating for guys like Boogie/IT.

No, two-way basketball is not what LBJ leads, LBJ needs a legitimate guy whom you could consider a top 2 option on a Championship roster. That is what Kyrie showed the potential to be and then proved himself to be. Kevin Love has proven himself to be the "3rd wheel" kind of guy, and that is what Paul George is.

Disagree.

PG13 with LBJ is a #2 option. And being a 2 way player is important for him. Against the Warriors he can guard KD or Klay.

Not to mention BI and Kuz also both project to be much better scorers next season than anyone else the Cavs have (outside of Love).
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think PG13 is the guy who will swing the LBJ decision. Adding a bona fide 2 way guy who can also run a team will go a long way. Imagine that switchable defense with guys like LBJ/PG13, then you have Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Jules/Hart (I'd do whatever it takes to keep him).

LOL no.

Irving/Love are 1 way players. Keep pressing that agenda while advocating for guys like Boogie/IT.

No, two-way basketball is not what LBJ leads, LBJ needs a legitimate guy whom you could consider a top 2 option on a Championship roster. That is what Kyrie showed the potential to be and then proved himself to be. Kevin Love has proven himself to be the "3rd wheel" kind of guy, and that is what Paul George is.

Disagree.

PG13 with LBJ is a #2 option. And being a 2 way player is important for him. Against the Warriors he can guard KD or Klay.

Not to mention BI and Kuz also both project to be much better scorers next season than anyone else the Cavs have (outside of Love).

And if the Cavs lose to the Warriors in 5 that's a moot point. Remember, he had Kyrie, Love and himself healthy and against the Warriors last year and they lost in 5. LBJ isn't gonna be like "Well Kuzma and Ingram move the needle a little more than the Cavs roster does."

He's gonna think

1) it's in the West
2) there's a Philadelphia team where the ONLY guy he really would have to wait on is Fultz
3) They remain in the East
4) did just enough last season where he wouldn't be criticized for joining them, especially if the Cavs get blown out by the Warriors.

Much as it pains me to say, as far as young teams go, Philly is way ahead of us in terms of what they've accomplished so far, AND the fact they're in the East. They're the obvious choice. And we're not even the obvious choice in the West.

We should get Paul George, 1 because if he can accept his role he's a great fit, and 2 to keep him(George) from going to Houston. Let LeBron have his 2 year run on Philly, it doesn't take anything away from us, and we can continue to build the right way we have been.

Last edited by MJST on Tue May 29, 2018 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

LOL no.

Disagree.

BI and Kuz are better than anything on the Cavs-- including Love.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

LOL no.

Disagree.

And if the Cavs lose to the Warriors in 5 that's a moot point. Remember, he had Kyrie, Love and himself healthy and against the Warriors last year and they lost in 5. LBJ isn't gonna be like "Well Kuzma and Ingram move the needle a little more than the Cavs roster does."

He's gonna think

1) it's in the West
2) there's a Philadelphia team where the ONLY guy he really would have to wait on is Fultz
3) They remain in the East
4) did just enough last season where he wouldn't be criticized for joining them, especially if the Cavs get blown out by the Warriors.

We're all speculating here. Amazing that you know what's going on in his head.

What if he wants to settle down in LA (his wife allegedly wants that).
What if he wants to put his entertainment business's roots down in LA.
What if he likes the young core and the idea of adding PG13 to that too?

He would be most criticized IMO in joining two already-made playoff teams. He would get the most credit for turning around a lottery team in the Lakers who just missed 5 consecutive playoffs.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Lol. Only LeBron knows what he wants.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

LOL no.

Disagree.

Agreed. Once we signed PG13, it would make our team look very tempting. I know Lebron was checking out Lonzo at the beginning of the season so he already had intentions of coming here long ago. Even though Lonzo didn't really impress in his rookie season, he's still a very serviceable guard. If Lebron were to come here and run the offense, Lonzo wouldn't have to handle the ball as much. Kuzma could come off the bench to run the offense when Lebron sits.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

You guys are gonna drive yourselves crazy with this amateur psychiatrist stuff man. There's a month and change to go if I were you I'd focus on something else for a little bit
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

LOL no.

Disagree.

That’s so completely false. But add Zo to the list of being better than everybody else considering he’s better than Kuz and BI.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

LOL no.

Disagree.

He’s worried they’ll pay PG instead of Jules. I think that’s becoming crystal clear.

That became crystal clear in October unfortunately, and it's been a repetitive drumbeat of agenda-pushing ever since. Day after day after day.......
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
I don’t blame Mitch for signing Moz-Deng. Jim was an owner and Mitch’s boss, and he’s the one who put himself on the clock. It was his desperation that led to those contracts. That’s on Jim.

I fault Mitch for assuming there would be an amnesty in the CBA. As an NBA GM, part of your job is knowing what’s going on around the league. Zach Lowe knew there would be no amnesty, but Mitch didn’t. Whether that was due to making lazy assumptions, a lack of working the phones, or a lack of thoroughness in strategic planning/cap management, it was an unbelievably bad mistake- a fireable offense.

Bottom line is that we’re in a much better place today, and the future looks bright. The young core is in place- now it’s time to start adding bigger fish.

PG coming aboard this summer will be a good next step.

Eh I think Mitch is just as much to blame for MozDeng as Jim.

It's like the helmsman and captain on the Titanic. "Iceberg sighted!". Captain Jim: "Full steam ahead!" Mitch at the wheel: "Aye aye captain!"
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

So George wasn't the best player on a team that made consecutive ECFs? He didn't average 27+ against Lebron in the playoffs twice? He didn't average 25 as a #2 alongside Westbrook in the playoffs?

No, in terms of shot creation he's not Irving, but few players have his handle, and that includes Lebron. In terms of being a guy who can consistently give you 20+ a night as a #2, take over as a #1 on occasion, and play on both sides of the floor, yes, he can do that. And that is more than Love.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

So George wasn't the best player on a team that made consecutive ECFs? He didn't average 27+ against Lebron in the playoffs twice? He didn't average 25 as a #2 alongside Westbrook in the playoffs?

No, in terms of shot creation he's not Irving, but few players have his handle, and that includes Lebron. In terms of being a guy who can consistently give you 20+ a night as a #2, take over as a #1 on occasion, and play on both sides of the floor, yes, he can do that. And that is more than Love.

Agreed, RG.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1001903423988486144
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:

Eh I think Mitch is just as much to blame for MozDeng as Jim.

It's like the helmsman and captain on the Titanic. "Iceberg sighted!". Captain Jim: "Full steam ahead!" Mitch at the wheel: "Aye aye captain!"

First off, let's start with a FACT: Mitch was an EMPLOYEE and Jimbo was an OWNER.. and that is a HUGE difference.

Generally speaking, an EMPLOYEE does not tell an OWNER what to do, they may "suggest"..

Next, who has the better grasp of evaluating NBA talent, Mitch or Jimbo?

So, who among you think Mitch was 100% culpable in signing MozGoof and Dang to these contracts?

I don't, not for a second, Jimbo was rolling the dice hoping everything worked out for the Lakers, while Mitch was just towing the company line and going along with the owners wishes.

Now, Mitch knew he would eventually land another job and he COULD NOT throw Jimbo under the bus and blame him publicly, so he kept his mouth shut and it worked.

When Jimbo waltzed in with a drink in one hand, to be his boss, Mitch's days were numbered...
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject:

For what it’s worth, Kupchak and Lucky Sperm on multiple occasions both explicitly stated that Kupchak had final call on roster moves. Lucky Sperm explained that if Kupchak was adamant about something that he would, in fact, concede to his basketball acumen.

Now whether that actually happened or not in reality, who knows?
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1001903423988486144

Event sponsored by CAA Sports, of which the three of them are clients, though Mitchell has another agent.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
2019 wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

LOL no.

Disagree.

That’s so completely false. But add Zo to the list of being better than everybody else considering he’s better than Kuz and BI.

Between Love's inability to stay on the floor, play any semblance of D, or get up and down at the speed our young guys can, I'd take both Kuzma and BI over Love and that's not me trying to be a homer. Real talk.. I'd rather have either next year. I think both put up better numbers.

Now Love is a name so he maybe holds more valuable to someone like LeBron, but Love as a 2nd options is more un-inspiring than Kuz/BI as a #3 with PG as your #2.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2778716-paul-george-rumors-rockets-high-on-star-lakers-still-favorites/

I really don't understand how Philly and Houston could view PG as their Plan B if LeBron turns them down. LeBron will almost certainly make his decision well after PG has already made his. He's not waiting an extra week, knowing that he's, at best, Plan B if the guy you really want rejects you, especially when he’ll already have LA and OKC prioritizing him from the very beginning. He's not going to Philly or Houston. This has always been a two-team race and nothing has changed on that front, nor will it.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2778716-paul-george-rumors-rockets-high-on-star-lakers-still-favorites/

I really don't understand how Philly and Houston could view PG as their Plan B if LeBron turns them down. LeBron will almost certainly make his decision well after PG has already made his. He's not waiting an extra week, knowing that he's, at best, Plan B if the guy you really want rejects you, especially when he’ll already have LA and OKC prioritizing him from the very beginning. He's not going to Philly or Houston. This has always been a two-team race and nothing has changed on that front, nor will it.

It’s more telling that Houston and Philly are preparing for life after LeBron, that’s a good sign... seems like they aren’t a given to get LeBron.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Every team is going show LeBron love first... I hope we shown PG more love than anyone and sooner than anyone. I mean OKC is probably already planning cow pasteur tour for PG but I feel good about PG leaving a meeting with Magic, Rob, Luke, AEG, and then receiving a text from Kobe to call him.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Every team is going show LeBron love first... I hope we shown PG more love than anyone and sooner than anyone. I mean OKC is probably already planning cow pasteur tour for PG but I feel good about PG leaving a meeting with Magic, Rob, Luke, AEG, and then receiving a text from Kobe to call him.

I have to believe we are courting pg more than anyone.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

PG better get the Lebron treatment from LA.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
2019 wrote:

PG better get the Lebron treatment from LA.

We have been fined for him. Dude will spoiled beyond belief when magic is done. Pluse we have a really good squad for him
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

For the Lakers, getting PG is key to getting LeBron. It goes without saying that they're going to go all out for PG. But that's going to happen whether they believe they can get LeBron or not. That doesn't even need to be said.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 793, 794, 795 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next
Page 794 of 1028
Jump to: