Paul George did not take Lakers meeting because he was afraid he might “Straddle the Fence" (pg. 1027)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 823, 824, 825 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LakerSanity
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 31728
Location: Long Beach, California

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Should thread title be updated with today's developments?

Or will it cause some Lakers fans to jump off a cliff since it's not what they want to hear?


Didn’t LS mention that Ramona’s take was more speculation?


Um, LS is just a mod, not an insider. Ramona clearly said she made calls around the league and is hearing what everyone else like Stein and Mannix are hearing.

Does anyone not listen or read the transcript?


It’s called selective hearing.


I agree... Nash Vegas does tend to have selective hearing. Here is the quote -

Ramona Shelbourne wrote:
"Calling around the league the last couple of days... the talk of the league now is whether we really believe Paul George is going to stay in Oklahoma City... I've heard this as well that the Thunder is very confident that he's going to stay."


Nash's post above implicates that the calls around the league were to confirm that people around the league believed George would go back to OKC, such as the Thunder themselves do. However, what was actually said that she made calls around the league and people are merely discussing WHETHER they truly believe he will (apparently in light of OKC's confidence that he will). As such, the only thing she is actually reporting is that, like Stein, she has heard as well that OKC is very confident he's going to stay.

I'm not sure that is new news, but, for sake of neutrality, I'll update the thread title so to create the unfounded mass panic that some here apparently desire.
_________________
LakersGround's Terms of Service
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Sep 2004
Posts: 5086

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Lebron + CP3 coming to LA noise growing

while

PG13 staying OKC noise growing

hmmm


Some have said that we might need to get CP3 to get LeBron, so maybe George knows the 2nd max player is gonna be CP3 and not him, so returning to OKC appears more likely while the Lakers get LeBron + Paul and other pieces.


Also might be a easier choice for Magic to trade Lonzo then one of Ingram and Kuz. Not cause of talent but cause he's tired of the Lonzo baggage. Plus Cp3 is in his prime and he can help Lebron win now while Lonzo will still take time and hasn't proven to be able to shoot. Also less of a log jam at sg/sf if we get Cp3 rather then George. Idk, just trying to make sense of this
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pokoy
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 14018

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Can honestly say that none of these ”reports” about him potentially staying in OKC has made me blink. I don't think there's anything we could hear before July that would. I'm not buying that OKC has a real shot at this until I read the report that says he's staying.


As long as he doesn't sign with OKC before July 1, it didn't affect my feelings about it either. I'm not as sure as many here that he's coming, but I'm also not getting swayed the opposite way (that he's now going to OKC) just because Shelburne made some calls.

What I will pay attention to are the rumors that come out after the Lakers meet with him. If it's stuff like "he came out of the meeting underwhelmed" again, then I will start to lose hope.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 18999
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Lebron + CP3 coming to LA noise growing

while

PG13 staying OKC noise growing

hmmm


Some have said that we might need to get CP3 to get LeBron, so maybe George knows the 2nd max player is gonna be CP3 and not him, so returning to OKC appears more likely while the Lakers get LeBron + Paul and other pieces.


Also might be a easier choice for Magic to trade Lonzo then one of Ingram and Kuz. Not cause of talent but cause he's tired of the Lonzo baggage. Plus Cp3 is in his prime and he can help Lebron win now while Lonzo will still take time and hasn't proven to be able to shoot. Also less of a log jam at sg/sf if we get Cp3 rather then George. Idk, just trying to make sense of this


Yeah, I could totally see why the momentum shift has changed from LA to OKC, if it’s true that the Lakers would choose CP3 over PG to get LeBron, not what fans want but it might become that way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YSong
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 16 Sep 2016
Posts: 679

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Lebron + CP3 coming to LA noise growing

while

PG13 staying OKC noise growing

hmmm


I am thinking the same exact thing. But it does help us with regards to playing time for Kuz and BI.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Mar 2003
Posts: 12226

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

PG-13 would be an idiot if he didn't want to come to LA to play with bron.

Stay in OKC for what? The big 3 failed last year, in epic fashion. Does he really want to play with ball hog westbrook who isn't a proven playoff player?
_________________
Dominating every day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 18999
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

If CP3 is coming, 1 would think Lonzo will be traded on draft day, especially with the Zhaire Smith rumor.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PHILosophize
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 7685

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If CP3 is coming, 1 would think Lonzo will be drafted on draft day, especially with the Zhaire Smith rumor.


makes sense to me
_________________
one dog goes that way the other dog goes the other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YSong
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 16 Sep 2016
Posts: 679

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

Hmmmm Wade coming to LA? We got the depth but he’s got the experience, Wade playing 20-25 mpg isn’t bad especially with Hart and BI sharing minutes at the 1 & 2.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kookie Monster
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 210

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
The media is playing the fans like fools! Everyday, there is some new twist, intrigue, and the fans are eating it up. None of these situations are changing on a daily basis. Most of theses decisions have already been decided and all of the drama that's being feed to the fans is fluff in order to keep everybody locked in and tuned in to the next twist, like a freaking soap opera.


Judah wrote:
Can honestly say that none of these ”reports” about him potentially staying in OKC has made me blink. I don't think there's anything we could hear before July that would. I'm not buying that OKC has a real shot at this until I read the report that says he's staying.


This is true.

The decisions have already been made and nothing is going to change that.

Here's an excerpt from The Big Lead - Space Jam 2 story last year:

"The masses will naively consume all the stories, the leaks and the drama that will be reported in real-time during the course of this next year when it had already been planned for LeBron and Paul George to join the Lakers all along... Paul George will play out the year with Russell Westbrook, then will be heading home next summer, no matter what he says about how great OKC is through the media."

We are going to hear all kinds of reports, but if you knew the truth, you won't bat an eye (like how Kobe didn't flinch when Matt Barnes faked the inbound pass at his face).

You're going to go crazy if you believe everything that is reported. You're just going to get rocked back and forth like a wave in the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.

If you knew the truth, nothing would sway you.

Again, this is the NBA: Nothing But Actors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Sep 2004
Posts: 5086

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
Hmmmm Wade coming to LA? We got the depth but he’s got the experience, Wade playing 20-25 mpg isn’t bad especially with Hart and BI sharing minutes at the 1 & 2.


Nah, think Wade went back to Miami to finish his career there
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YSong
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 16 Sep 2016
Posts: 679

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:
YSong wrote:
Hmmmm Wade coming to LA? We got the depth but he’s got the experience, Wade playing 20-25 mpg isn’t bad especially with Hart and BI sharing minutes at the 1 & 2.


Nah, think Wade went back to Miami to finish his career there


Sure but playing with his friends and his wife being an actress might make a lot of sense
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 57042

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If CP3 is coming, 1 would think Lonzo will be drafted on draft day, especially with the Zhaire Smith rumor.


makes sense to me


If they could move him. His value is low right now.
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 3290

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

Kookie Monster wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
The media is playing the fans like fools! Everyday, there is some new twist, intrigue, and the fans are eating it up. None of these situations are changing on a daily basis. Most of theses decisions have already been decided and all of the drama that's being feed to the fans is fluff in order to keep everybody locked in and tuned in to the next twist, like a freaking soap opera.


Judah wrote:
Can honestly say that none of these ”reports” about him potentially staying in OKC has made me blink. I don't think there's anything we could hear before July that would. I'm not buying that OKC has a real shot at this until I read the report that says he's staying.


This is true.

The decisions have already been made and nothing is going to change that.

Here's an excerpt from The Big Lead - Space Jam 2 story last year:

"The masses will naively consume all the stories, the leaks and the drama that will be reported in real-time during the course of this next year when it had already been planned for LeBron and Paul George to join the Lakers all along... Paul George will play out the year with Russell Westbrook, then will be heading home next summer, no matter what he says about how great OKC is through the media."

We are going to hear all kinds of reports, but if you knew the truth, you won't bat an eye (like how Kobe didn't flinch when Matt Barnes faked the inbound pass at his face).

You're going to go crazy if you believe everything that is reported. You're just going to get rocked back and forth like a wave in the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.

If you knew the truth, nothing would sway you.

Again, this is the NBA: Nothing But Actors.

Can’t say it any better than this. Co-sign.
_________________
”It is about the greatness of God, not the significance of man. God made man small and the universe big to say something about Himself.”

- John Piper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 2844

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

I'm sure the Thunder are very confident. Why not be very confident? Based on the report, there's nothing from PG13's side to indicate it, so...ok.

Last edited by The Lebrons on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CalisFinest
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Mar 2012
Posts: 2311
Location: Upland, California

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If CP3 is coming, 1 would think Lonzo will be drafted on draft day, especially with the Zhaire Smith rumor.


makes sense to me


If they could move him. His value is low right now.


Jesus, these types of takes are the reason why the media puts out the low effort crap that it does. We seem to eat it all up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 4528
Location: Oceanside Ca

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
I'm sure the Thunder are very confident. Why not be very confident? Based on the report, there's nothing from PG13's side to indicate it, so...ok.



I agree


They said the same thing about KD.


No way pg has made up his mind with out talking to team's first
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PHILosophize
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 7685

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject:

Lonzo/Deng and maybe a pick if we must for Middleton is the best reasonable idea I've heard so far
_________________
one dog goes that way the other dog goes the other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 3311

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If CP3 is coming, 1 would think Lonzo will be drafted on draft day, especially with the Zhaire Smith rumor.


makes sense to me


If they could move him. His value is low right now.

Low to who? Best defensive rookie. Elite vision, playmaking. Excellent rebounder. Does most everything better other than score compared to other rookies. Fortunately bron, pg etc all know this and if any of them come, playing with zo is likely one of the reasons.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 3269

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:

Uh oh hold on to your undies, Ramona on Mason/Ireland show, going to have more PG talk that Lakers fans might not want to hear "today".
_________________
Marcellus Wiley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 57042

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
32 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If CP3 is coming, 1 would think Lonzo will be drafted on draft day, especially with the Zhaire Smith rumor.


makes sense to me


If they could move him. His value is low right now.

Low to who? Best defensive rookie. Elite vision, playmaking. Excellent rebounder. Does most everything better other than score compared to other rookies. Fortunately bron, pg etc all know this and if any of them come, playing with zo is likely one of the reasons.


He's injury prone and could have a bad knee.
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 57042

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Uh oh hold on to your undies, Ramona on Mason/Ireland show, going to have more PG talk that Lakers fans might not want to hear "today".


Maybe it's the same (bleep) she said this morning.
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.


Last edited by 32 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Posts: 7717
Location: Planet Terror

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

Media getting everyone here all twisted up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 3311

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
32 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If CP3 is coming, 1 would think Lonzo will be drafted on draft day, especially with the Zhaire Smith rumor.


makes sense to me


If they could move him. His value is low right now.

Low to who? Best defensive rookie. Elite vision, playmaking. Excellent rebounder. Does most everything better other than score compared to other rookies. Fortunately bron, pg etc all know this and if any of them come, playing with zo is likely one of the reasons.


He's injury prone and could have a bad knee.

Played more games his rookie year than Simmons, randle, fultz.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
anth2000
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 3739
Location: Pasadena, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
32 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If CP3 is coming, 1 would think Lonzo will be drafted on draft day, especially with the Zhaire Smith rumor.


makes sense to me


If they could move him. His value is low right now.

Low to who? Best defensive rookie. Elite vision, playmaking. Excellent rebounder. Does most everything better other than score compared to other rookies. Fortunately bron, pg etc all know this and if any of them come, playing with zo is likely one of the reasons.


He's injury prone and could have a bad knee.


You forgot to add...

God awful shooter
45% free throw shooter - unheard of for a point guard.

I would be ok with trading him to get rid of the Ball family circus plus I think Lonzo is all about the extracurricular activities like rapping versus working on his spotty basketball game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 823, 824, 825 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next
Page 824 of 1028
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB