PAUL GEORGE Thread (Scared to "Straddle the Fence" with Lakers and throws Jab at LeBron, pg. 1027)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 830, 831, 832 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
“Folks are not so sure Paul George is coming to L.A,” Smith said. “From what I’m being told, Sam Presti and the Oklahoma City Thunder are going to back up the Brinks truck for Paul George. They’re going to offer him the max. Because they’re going to offer him the max, combined with the fact that Russell Westbrook shows him a lot of love and they seem to get along pretty well and they’ve got a future together. Paul George is the sentimental type, and as a result it’s going to be hard for him to pull away from that and the relationship with Russell Westbrook.”

LINK

In that same quote, because I heard it live, he talked about how George's family all wanted him in LA. Max, in response, basically said the whole pull of Westbrook was meaningless. It's just more of the same. Maybe George does end up staying in OKC, but most out there still think he's a Laker. Nothing has really changed that and we don't have any more new info than we had a month or two ago.

Great news
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
“Folks are not so sure Paul George is coming to L.A,” Smith said. “From what I’m being told, Sam Presti and the Oklahoma City Thunder are going to back up the Brinks truck for Paul George. They’re going to offer him the max. Because they’re going to offer him the max, combined with the fact that Russell Westbrook shows him a lot of love and they seem to get along pretty well and they’ve got a future together. Paul George is the sentimental type, and as a result it’s going to be hard for him to pull away from that and the relationship with Russell Westbrook.”

LINK

In that same quote, because I heard it live, he talked about how George's family all wanted him in LA. Max, in response, basically said the whole pull of Westbrook was meaningless. It's just more of the same. Maybe George does end up staying in OKC, but most out there still think he's a Laker. Nothing has really changed that and we don't have any more new info than we had a month or two ago.

Great news

Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Jon Lovitz wrote:
Quote:

Yes, because a max contract is definitely what will sway George to stay with a treadmill team. The thunder offering George a max contract was already a given. No news here.

These athletes are being paid millions of dollars to play a game. Hopefully it's a game that they love. However, one thing that they don't often have is the ability to choose who they are playing for. This is why there is free agency.

You get drafted by a team and are told: "You have to play here." And by extension, you essentially have to live there.

So for these guys, it really should matter, what and where they want to be. He voiced his opinion last year and guess what, got sent to another city that he didn't choose.

And for Paul George, this offseason is the first time in his professional life he actually gets to choose. I'd choose LA over OKC.
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject:

IF pg13 doesn't come, kiss our superteam goodbye for 2018.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
As free agency nears, Josh Hart said he tried persuading Paul George to come to LA when the two attended the recent E3 Fortnite Celebrity Pro-Am event. "I did a little recruiting, some subtle jabs with him," said Hart, who along with LA Chargers defensive end Isaac Rochell hosted 200 local youth from local nonprofits for a free screening of "Uncle Drew" in Los Angeles. "It was fun. I told him that you can't beat 85 degrees and sunny in December. This weather as you can tell is amazing. I told him he should probably live in Playa Vista or Manhattan Beach. That was my two cents."

I like this Josh guy.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject:

That SAS quote becomes a lot less interesting if you also factor in what he immediately said after it, which is that his girl wants LA and so does his family, and that's pushing him here. SAS really wasn't even giving OKC the edge in re-signing him. He basically left it as something that's still up in the air. And just for the record, please note that SAS didn't even mention Philly or Houston. Neither are worth mentioning. They've never been in play in any serious way and they're never going to be.

He's not staying in OKC. He's coming to the Lakers and so is LeBron.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Jon Lovitz wrote:
Quote:

Yes, because a max contract is definitely what will sway George to stay with a treadmill team. The thunder offering George a max contract was already a given. No news here.

Yup, OKC was never going to offer him anything less than the max.
DrumR
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Last time we heard about a Brinks truck being backed up it didn't go so well. OKC needs a better PR team. They're using the same lines from the Durant fiasco.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

Silver Screen & Roll (@LakersSBN) Tweeted:
Paul George signing with the Lakers is sounding less likely https://t.co/YZFhRuy8N4 https://t.co/pP5oPMLe5A https://twitter.com/LakersSBN/status/1009094482103554048?s=17
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject:

that article added literally nothing new
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
That SAS quote becomes a lot less interesting if you also factor in what he immediately said after it, which is that his girl wants LA and so does his family, and that's pushing him here. SAS really wasn't even giving OKC the edge in re-signing him. He basically left it as something that's still up in the air. And just for the record, please note that SAS didn't even mention Philly or Houston. Neither are worth mentioning. They've never been in play in any serious way and they're never going to be.

Indeed.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject:

I wish we'd keep it simple.

Sign PG/LBJ.

Shed Deng with whatever 1st rounders it'll take.

Re-sign Jules.

Go into the season with PG/LBJ, young core. Sign vets like Brook and other ring chasers to round out the team (including room exception).

Go into January and reevaluate if there are teams looking to trade. What if KL demands a trade in January and a team, getting desperate, will move him? How about Butler? Or a number of other FA-to-be?
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject:

I wonder if we have it wrong. We're thinking these guys want to team up in Los Angeles to form a superteam, what if instead they're all wanting for Kobe's vacant throne and have little interest in sharing the spotlight? LeBron wants Kobe's spot. Kawhi wants Kobe's spot. George wants Kobe's spot.

George knows he wont ever be the savior if LeBron signs at the same time he does. He wouldn't mind playing on the same team as LeBron if it were framed that he himself, already established in LA, recruited LeBron to join his team, which would have required we traded for him last season. So with reports of LeBron's imminent signing, he's losing interest, because his original motivation for signing here will be lost and unattainable, especially as he's relegated to LeBron's uncredited/blamed teammate. The one that gets none of the credit and all of the blame.

Kawhi sees that LeBron signing here is imminent, and as he's confident in his abilities to outplay LeBron and generally be a top 3 player in the NBA, he doesn't share the same concerns as George. Whether he's traded here or signs here as a free agent next season, he's confident he can take the throne. He's that good. But he'd rather get here before anyone else.

LeBron knows he can seat right into Kobe's throne regardless of what anyone else does. He's not worried about what other players are doing, he's just getting all of his affairs in order before the move.

This isn't the Avengers assembling, this is a Game of Thrones.

Last edited by USCandLakers on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

LINK

So sick of clickbait quotes taken out of context. It’s been happening for years and is only getting worse.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

If he's the sentimental type, then he'll do what his family wants. He may have a genuine bond with Westbrook, but he's not family. That simple.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject:

If LBJ comes to Lakers, George would be passing up a 1. Better team and a 2. hometown team. It'd be a money play only, OKC sucks.

But won't lose sleep over it. Fact of the matter is for the max given to george (30 million) Lakers could keep Randle and KCP while not having to deal picks to unload Deng. They'd still have pieces to trade for KL or sign him next summer if they could trade Deng down the road and only sign KCP and another player to one year deals.

George is a fringe star, not a superstar.

Ball-25th pick
KCP - Hart
Lebron - Deng
Ingram - Kuzma
Randle- Noel or Lopez?

Works just fine.

Having said that, if LBJ is coming, gonna call bs on the SAS report. George will be a Laker.

Last edited by lakers4life78 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

I doubt LBJ signs by himself though
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

He'll probably have a lawyer with him
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

I bet 100$ if LBJ comes, PG13 walks with him
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

He'll probably have a lawyer with him

possibly his agent as well
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

frankly I wouldn't even blame LBJ at that point

if he's the only max guy to sign with us, we aren't going anywhere in the playoffs; he might as well stay in CLE in the least at that point
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

if he's the only max guy to sign with us, we aren't going anywhere in the playoffs; he might as well stay in CLE in the least at that point

LBJ aside, I'd take our team over Cleveland's. Not even a question. Cleveland's current roster is pretty unexciting and sad to be honest.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject:

I don't buy this idea that these players still don't know where they're going. IMO they've known where they are going for months now.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject:

All this talk of PG potentially re-signing with OKC, could be a plot to keep people talking, I said it multiple times, if the NBA knew PG/LeBron or heck even KL were on a collision course to team up, it wouldn’t be as exciting since everyone already knew it was a done deal, I think PG is definitely thinking about going back to OKC...but it could be mind games...
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

You're aware that by all reports much of his decision is based on family and business ventures in so cal? Sure he has the family and stability in Cle, but not the business opportunities plus he has nothing else to prove there. He wants pure basketball opportunity he goes to Houston, Philly or Boston.

As I've outlined above, that Laker team is still damn good without George. Certainly better than Cle.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 830, 831, 832 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next
Page 831 of 1028
Jump to: