How Good Are Lakers With Paul George?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Golden State sweeps us for the remainder of Paul George's prime. Add in Lebron? We might be able to take them to 6 games if Lebron goes Miami-Mode.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Golden State sweeps us for the remainder of Paul George's prime. Add in Lebron? We might be able to take them to 6 games if Lebron goes Miami-Mode.

Durant has had significant injuries in his past. Curry has had significant injuries in his past. As great as both are, Iggy and Livingston are big pieces.

Being #2 the league gives you a chance to bounce incase either have an injury, which the Cavs did 2 years ago.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

Durant has had significant injuries in his past. Curry has had significant injuries in his past. As great as both are, Iggy and Livingston are big pieces.

Being #2 the league gives you a chance to bounce incase either have an injury, which the Cavs did 2 years ago.

You think Paul George and a bunch of 3 year players is the second best team in the league? Isn't that what the Pacers were last year?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Not next year but within a few years maybe, especially with another free agent joining. You did say "reminder of george's prime", which isn't only next year
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

You think Paul George and a bunch of 3 year players is the second best team in the league? Isn't that what the Pacers were last year?

Let's assume that Ingram or Dlo reach their potential because any long-term success with or without PG13 will require that at least one of them does. Then yes, I'd say the collective Laker roster would up there as the 2nd best team in the league.

We'd have 2 stars, likely a borderline all-star and then some very good role players. Young and athletic teams can also overwhelm aging teams - we saw it what the Lakers and OKC.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject:

3peat_pete wrote:
we'll still be terrible, imo. haha

Paul George + kids ain't cutting it in the west my bros

what defines terrible?

last year we got to 26--- 5 of which were end of season led predominantly by the kids. I imagine we're going to see improvements from DLO, BI, and Randle. Nance and Zu also seem to have worked really hard thus far this summer. Then you add in Ball which should help all of them.

Depending what the package is, I'd say improved youngsters + Ball alone gets us to 30-35. Add in PG for another 8. I'd guess between 35-43. If we could hit 40, I'd consider it a good year.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: How Good Are Lakers With Paul George?

Lakers2015 wrote:
How good will our Los Angeles Lakers be when Paul George inevitably signs with the team next offseason?

Let's assume they draft Lonzo Ball on Thursday night and the Lakers don't part with any members of their promising young core.

Paul George.
Brandon Ingram.
Lonzo Ball.
D'Angelo Russell.
Julius Randle.
Jordan Clarkson.
Ivica Zubac.

Those would be your main core members of the team. Not sure who would start, but realistically I think the Lakers assuming they draft Ball should win 30-35 games next season. With George I think they're a definite playoff team.

Hmmm. Right. We'll see if that inevitability comes to pass.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:

what defines terrible?

last year we got to 26--- 5 of which were end of season led predominantly by the kids. I imagine we're going to see improvements from DLO, BI, and Randle. Nance and Zu also seem to have worked really hard thus far this summer. Then you add in Ball which should help all of them.

Depending what the package is, I'd say improved youngsters + Ball alone gets us to 30-35. Add in PG for another 8. I'd guess between 35-43. If we could hit 40, I'd consider it a good year.

We could have won 40 last year, adding PG gets us 45-50 and if we have something else up our sleeve, we can become a powerhouse.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:

what defines terrible?

We could have won 40 last year, adding PG gets us 45-50 and if we have something else up our sleeve, we can become a powerhouse.

probably 30 wins without tanking. Lou Will with a bunch of 2nd yr kids is not a .500 team.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:

what defines terrible?

probably 30 wins without tanking. Lou Will with a bunch of 2nd yr kids is not a .500 team.

We probably let 8-10 games get away, that won't happen again.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:

what defines terrible?

We could have won 80???
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject:

We could've won 35 last season if D'Lo, Nance, and Randle didn't get injured.

Getting PG and Ball means 40 to 45 wins (all depends on the improvement of the young core). We'd probably be a 7th seed and lose to the Spurs in 5 or 6 games, unless they get Chris Paul, in which case we'd probably win in 7.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Get PG13, build around him while maintaining at least one of DLO/Randle.

And no 2 pick, give them the 28 but get a future pick.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:

Even if this is true, our young players will be entering their respective primes when George is exiting his.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Getting PG for a bag of chips and having a chance to sign Boogie next year as FA is better than trading all your youth for them earlier this year like some people and talking heads wanted
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject:

We're not ONLY getting PG, trust me on that.

I think Westbrook, Lebron and Cousins will all be targets next year. Any 2 of those would make us instant contenders.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject:

I never thought that Paul George would be a huge game changer, but I have to say his loyalty to our organization has really raised him a lot in my esteem. At this point I want him as much for the commitment and dedication he's shown to the Lakers as much as any of his basketball skills. It's the type of leadership we need to raise the game of the young guys and restore the name of the team.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject:

DLo, Ball, PG, Ingram, LeBron can take the Ws.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

Not next year.
lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
We could've won 35 last season if D'Lo, Nance, and Randle didn't get injured.

Getting PG and Ball means 40 to 45 wins (all depends on the improvement of the young core). We'd probably be a 7th seed and lose to the Spurs in 5 or 6 games, unless they get Chris Paul, in which case we'd probably win in 7.

krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject:

2018-2019 Los Angeles Lakers. 60 win team. West Finals vs Warriors. Depends if 22 year old Zubac next year can OWN Zaza Pachulia in the paint.

Lonzo Ball
D'Angelo Russell
Paul George
LeBron James
Ivica Zubac

Ennis
Swaggy P
Ingram (6th man)
Nance Jr
Mozgov
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject:

I think this core, sans the injury pandemic followed by blatant tanking, could have won low to mid 30's. Subtracting Williams hurts but another year of experience, another number 2 pick and more players understanding where to move and how to read, react, cut, set picks, and develop consistent shooting will more than make up for that. Not saying all young Lakers will learn all of these things, but I do think some of them will. And those who don't can be traded for other players who will. Add PG13 and I think we go to .500 or a hair better right away.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject:

If they give up absolutely nobody in acquiring him, 36 wins.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Lakers engaged in trade talks with Pacers for PG. My trade is as follows:

Clarkson + Randle + Mozgov (+ maybe throw in 28th pick) for Paul George + Al Jefferson

Lakers clear up significant 2018 salary cap space with this trade as Al Jefferson's contract is not guaranteed in 2018.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zo2u436

They can then use stretch provision on Deng and clear up between $40-$45 million in 2018 cap space to sign players to join PG13.

PG: Ball
SG: Russell, Brewer, Nwaba
SF: Ingram, Young
PF: George, Deng, Nance
C: Zubac, Black, Jefferson

I think they can be a 40-45 win team if Russell, Ingram, and Zubac improved during the offseason.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Not next year.

Well we wouldn't get LeBron until the year after.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: