Lakers trying to secure another pick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
You can forget about Clarkson, because we NEED to trade him to Indiana to make salaries match. Only guys that could be valuable enough to do it are maybe Nance or Zubac.

If they're targeting Collins, one or two of Randle, Nance, and Zu may be going out to Indiana.

My heart hurts, mang.

i'll pack all three of their bags if it gets us collins and pg13

Cold, man, cold. I obviously didn't catch this response before hitting you up with the same post in the draft thread lol.

Still, that's cold. How would you rank them in priority of retention?

between randle nance and zubac?

hard to say. randle defensive IQ is garbage. nance offensive impact is garbage, and he's old. zubac doughy and very little lateral agility.

probably
1. zubac
2. randle
3. nance

but if you thought any order i'd understand

I can't shake Nance being the only returning player under 25 with a positive BPM/RPM.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
You can forget about Clarkson, because we NEED to trade him to Indiana to make salaries match. Only guys that could be valuable enough to do it are maybe Nance or Zubac.

Interesting point!

Unless you do something like McRoberts/Ellington/14 or Afflalo/10 for some combination of JC/28/misc.

Afflalo and Ellington are non-guaranteed. McRoberts was very popular when he played in Indy btw.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
How is Kennards D?

He looks decently strong.

He's an amazing shooter right?

So sorta Redick comp?

I think of Reddick only because he succeeded with PG measurables, Kennards are better than Reddick's but still really below avg for a SG. It's funny, Kennard is a legit 6'6 but looks shorter on the court becuase he's not long. I think viewers see shoulder height before anything..
3'Angelo
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject:

If we can somehow get Zach Collins and PG13 this Summer without trading D'lo, Ingram, or Lonzo, this is a VERY successful offseason.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
How is Kennards D?

He looks decently strong.

He's an amazing shooter right?

So sorta Redick comp?

I think of Reddick only because he succeeded with PG measurables, Kennards are better than Reddick's but still really below avg for a SG. It's funny, Kennard is a legit 6'6 but looks shorter on the court becuase he's not long. I think viewers see shoulder height before anything..

Yeah I read his wingspan is shorter than his actual height but like a half inch lol.

I like Kennard a lot.

Heard he's great off screens. Sounds like he'd except with Lonzo/Dlo/Ingram
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject:

In terms of games though, ya Reddick and Kennard are very different. Kennard's more skilled off the bounce - he's more in Lou's mold
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
In terms of games though, ya Reddick and Kennard are very different. Kennard's more skilled off the bounce - he's more in Lou's mold

I love Kennard's ability to create off the drive. Too bad he's not available anymore at 28 when he was before the NCAA season
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

I've barely kicked the tires on watching Kennard, was turned off by the measurables. But I'm gunna
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I think Kennard is a poor man's Dragic.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject:

we are trying to acquire the pick to trade it in PG13 trade.

My 2 cents
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject:

That is exactly what we need, to get younger. Because we know young teams win titles. Now if they are looking for another asset to deal for a vet, that could be a different story.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Positionless basketball wants me to consider this comp, but I just can't do diff position comps. Dragic's offensive load, initiating, orchestrating etc - too different from Kennard
LeftCoast7
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject:

I'd love to sneak into the 10-15 range and keep the pick.

Ball @ 2

Kennard/OG/Mitchell @ later pick

Would be ideal, I'd wait for PG in 2018 if it's deemed the Pacers won't accept a package of Clarkson/28/Black
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject:

If Lakers really want to improve shooting I wonder if their goal would be to have 3 picks in Round 1 and walk away with Lonzo, Kennard and Lydon.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
If Lakers really want to improve shooting I wonder if their goal would be to have 3 picks in Round 1 and walk away with Lonzo, Kennard and Lydon.

God I'd love that. Still would rather take Bolden though - his jumper isn't as pure as Lyndon's imo(Bolden didn't shoot so great at his workout), but I'm confident he'll at least be a 34% 3pt shooter in the league, which is respectable for a big. God, it's crazy that Bolden's realistic floor may be high. Kid can pass/handle/shoot/defend , 34% from 3 and he's still very likely an above average starter, lol.
Lydon would be more dynamic from 3, a sniper - transition, off screens . Pelinka liked Lydon's workout, I think he'd be a muchhhh needed addition
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:

Would love it. Haven't watched Lydon but I'm in the Ball camp and a fan of Kennard
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject:

3'Angelo wrote:
If we can somehow get Zach Collins and PG13 this Summer without trading D'lo, Ingram, or Lonzo, this is a VERY successful offseason.

You don't know, only History will tell. I'm just worried if Ball will truly be special. And if you gave him up, then this off season will not be successful in history's eyes. I prefer to swing for the fences and keep the guys who's future is unknown but has high ceiling. Versus trading him for someone who has pretty much reached his ceiling and I already know what he is or isn't. Paul George is not a game changer. He'd be a nice piece on a Super Team, but he's not a Batman. And when he hits his 30's and in decline, unlike a real Batman like Kobe and Lebron who can still have your team contending, PG13 will be more like Andre Iguodola.

Oops, I see you did mention keeping Lonzo. Okay, then that I agree it would be a successful summer.
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Usually "poor man" means the player stinks. Same for the term "baby".
I remember Harold Miner being touted as a "baby Jordan" - the only thing they had in common was they played alike when they were babies!
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
iimarshon wrote:

God I'd love that. Still would rather take Bolden though - his jumper isn't as pure as Lyndon's imo(Bolden didn't shoot so great at his workout), but I'm confident he'll at least be a 34% 3pt shooter in the league, which is respectable for a big. God, it's crazy that Bolden's realistic floor may be high. Kid can pass/handle/shoot/defend , 34% from 3 and he's still very likely an above average starter, lol.
Lydon would be more dynamic from 3, a sniper - transition, off screens . Pelinka liked Lydon's workout, I think he'd be a muchhhh needed addition

not worried about his flubber?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
iimarshon wrote:

not worried about his flubber?

Na.. he can get that high body fat down, no doubt. He certainly needs to keep it down too, needs to be quicker
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
iimarshon wrote:

Would love it. Haven't watched Lydon but I'm in the Ball camp and a fan of Kennard

Have a feeling Bolden goes before 28 though
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Have a feeling...somebody will pry out Russell with a late lottery pick...may be Dallas?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject:

petergr wrote:
Have a feeling...somebody will pry out Russell with a late lottery pick...may be Dallas?

It's a terrible trade from a talent standpoint, but if the front office just wants to get rid of him, I guess why not?
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Miami might be a good trade partner for Clarkson. James Johnson and Dion Waiters are both FAs.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject:

LilJay24 wrote:
Atleast we have assets to be in trade talks now, better then the last couple of off seasons.
we didnt do anything different but lose games year after year to acquire these pieces. just like all the other sorry teams that have had so many assets and made us laker fans all upset about our FO. when in reality those teams were so bad for so long they SHOULD have assets.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: