Post Draft Offseason Plan

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Post Draft Offseason Plan

Pelinka has already come out and said the 2018 cap space is "sacred" so don't expect any contracts guaranteed for more than 1 year.

Lakers have 15 players under contract or rights to the player. If they release cap hold on all free agents, Lakers will have approx. $10.5 million to spend in free agency.

If I was the Lakers, I would reach out to the Spurs, Rockets, and Celtics if they will give us anything to absorb one of their contracts as they try to get under the cap (similar to Calderon deal last year). Rockets make the most sense as Trevor Ariza and Lou Williams would fit in the $10.5 million and they are both expiring contracts. We can also offer Black's non-guaranteed contract of $6.7 million, which becomes guaranteed on 7/4/2017.

To get $60 million cap space in 2018, Lakers will have to trade Clarkson for an expiring contract and use stretch provision on Deng's contract. They can keep the hold for Randle's rights (approx $12.5 million). Clarkson for Jameer Nelson, Ramon Session, Joe Johnson, Boris Diaw, or Gerald Henerson's expiring contract would work.

From our free agents available, I would consider keeping holds for Ennis and Robinson. We have no depth at the PG slot and I liked the energy Robinson brings but there is less need at PF/C position. I would Ennis (both if we have roster space) larger 1 year deals or 1 year deal with 2nd year team option to maintain our 2018 cap space.

Guards
1- Jordan Clarkson
2- Lonzo Ball
3- David Nwaba (not guaranteed)
4- Josh Hart
5. PJ Dozier (not guaranteed)
Forwards
6- Brandon Ingram
7- Luol Deng
8- Corey Brewer
9- Kyle Kuzma
10- Julius Randle
11- Larry Nance Jr
Centers
12- Brook Lopez
13- Tarik Black (not guaranteed)
14- Ivica Zubac
15- Thomas Bryant (not guaranteed)
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject:

Sounds good to me
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: