DLO/Mozgov Traded to Nets for #27 Pick & Brook Lopez
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haterade
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Best of luck, kid.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Kill me fam. We traded the next Harden for a 29 yo Center. And we could have picked Porz or Booker.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject:

I still don't see why we couldn't have done clarkson instead, maybe let them keep their #27, hell even give them our #28 if thats what it takes. I would have been very happy to swap moz for brook and only lose JC and #28.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Yes, it is hindsight, but could we have traded Russell/Deng to the Bulls for Wade/#16? Given the fleecing Minnesota gave them, they may have gone for it.

After that, would Indiana have bit on a trade including #16/28 instead of #27/28? And could we have packaged #16/28 to move up a few spots, say to #11 to grab Malik Monk?

We'll never know. However, just another reason it was premature.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Sad truth is that this is going to jumpstart his young career. First, thrown under the bus by his coach, then traded after only 2 seasons.

Can't wait for DLo to drop 50 on us next season.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
DLaker wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
DLaker wrote:
Here is another insight as to why the Lakers needed to act fast, if they want more cap space next year.

Players with expiring contract this season 2017

Player option (Doubt we could flip Moz/DLo with this players)

C Paul 24M
K Durant 28M
D Wade 24M
B Griffin 21M
G Hayward 16M

Players Expiring

B Lopez 22M - Best trade with a Russian owner willing to get Moz
D Cousin 16M - Doubtful
G Monroe 17M - Possible, but will Bucks want Moz. I rather have Lopez
T Parker 15M - Doubtful
R Rondo 13M - Doubtful Bulls wants Moz
A Affalo 12M - too low a salary and need to take on salary
N Pekovic 11M - too low a salary and need to take on salary
D Favor 12M - Doubtful

So for those people who is against this trade, please feel free to offer a suggestion as to how we can get rid of Moz salary and also get us cap space next year. We are so pissed we let Dlo go, but he has not establish himself yet in the NBA as a player that will be a future Allstar. If the FO does not act fast, u think LG will be complaining again if another team got Lopez expiring and have the cap space instead next year. I dont get the criticism of the FO being incompetent.

Who said we need to do it this year?
There are teams which can just absorb bad contracts without giving any player to us.

Easier said than done. Even if you said other team can absorb contract next. A player like Moz who have a 7pts/5reb 16M/3more yrs is not easily moved without some compensation. We got a very good player in return. I like to give the FO some credit for finding a willing partner.

Few things to correct.

Firstly and the most important thing is if you do the trade next year, there will only be 2 years on his contract instead of 3.

Secondly, if you want to shop him, you can give him more playing time, and his stat will be better than that. This is just my opinion, but I think Moz is still a serviceable big in the league. Just not with that amount of contract.

And if Russell's trade value is not high, give him another year to play with Ball. I mean isn't Ball's main value is making his teammates better? Not mentioning, Moz might be benefited from playing along Ball too.

I have never said a team will absorb Moz without any compensation but at least you increase the trade value first.

This yr or next yr at 16M for Moz is hard to move. I like to give Dlo more time, but he got his opportunity this season with a modern style offense and his value did not go up IMO. (His value is higher last year IMO) Giving Moz time, so we can increase his trade value is nuts. I like Zu getiing those time instead. Moz value is what it is and his contract is horrible. Dlo showed me no improvement and in my eyes is a tradable asset. So if you have an opportunity to trade Moz and get a very good player in Lopez who have a higher value for future trade and give u cap space u do it. Dlo might prove me wrong and I would have to eat (bleep), but FO eating (bleep) right now for what I believe gives us trade value and flexibility is not right.

I don't know. What if the Warriors labelled Curry as an injury prone in the first two years and traded him? I never have high expectation for Russell but I do believe he can be a solid starter in the NBA.

In regards to Moz, I would not underestimate how the remaining years of his contract affect his trade value. Not saying he will have a positive trade value, but fewer assets would need to be attached. It is not uncommon to see certain players have an increasing role on the team and suddenly get traded afterwards. Zubac will even get less playing time since Lopez is here.

Anyway, if you think Russell's value is equivalent to a mid-late 1st round pick, then this trade is justifiable. I just feel Russell will be a solid starter in few years time and by this time next year, when there is one less year on Moz contract, we could trade him with less assets.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:
Sad truth is that this is going to jumpstart his young career. First, thrown under the bus by his coach, then traded after only 2 seasons.

Can't wait for DLo to drop 50 on us next season.

I'm a DLO fan, and I want him to succeed, but who ever he's guarding will have a career night themselves. Although DLO plays the passing lanes well.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
Kill me fam. We traded the next Harden for a 29 yo Center. And we could have picked Porz or Booker.

D'Lo is too slow to be the next Harden lol
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
Yong wrote:

But he's not too slow to be the next D'Angelo and that guy's going to end up a damn good player.

Magic and his boy toy messed up big time. Snakes in the grass.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Lonzo/Fox are gambles, so was Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird. All player coming into the league based on college play are gambles. Some pan out some don't.

CAP SPACE 2018 I'm not sure but if I read this correctly we have enough cap space to sign 2 max's and quality FA in 2018. Are you putting the expected cap increase to $101 million in your calculations?

Magic's doing what's necessary to get George. PG13 may be willing to take less because he wants to be here. Will he fit the Laker scheme?

Magic's putting in work. I'm going to wait and see.

We are nowhere near 2 max slots for 2018. Would take getting rid of JC/Jules (both) for $0 coming back, and stretching Deng or trading him out.

Listening to FirstTake. They're saying the Lakers have $60 million in cap space. Enough to sign two max players. Where are you getting your figures?

The Los Angeles Lakers could have upwards of $60 million to spend this upcoming offseason

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:08 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Lonzo/Fox are gambles, so was Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird. All player coming into the league based on college play are gambles. Some pan out some don't.

CAP SPACE 2018 I'm not sure but if I read this correctly we have enough cap space to sign 2 max's and quality FA in 2018. Are you putting the expected cap increase to $101 million in your calculations?

Magic's doing what's necessary to get George. PG13 may be willing to take less because he wants to be here. Will he fit the Laker scheme?

We are nowhere near 2 max slots for 2018. Would take getting rid of JC/Jules (both) for $0 coming back, and stretching Deng or trading him out.

Listening to FirstTake. They're saying the Lakers have $60 million in cap space. Enough to sign two max players. Where are you getting your figures?

They're not calculating it right. IF we get rid of JC/Jules, and stretch Deng closer to 70m.

JC + Jules = 25m-ish off of the cap next year.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

They're not calculating it right. IF we get rid of JC/Jules, and stretch Deng closer to 70m.

So you're saying you're right and the experts are wrong? Read the link in the post.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

So you're saying you're right and the experts are wrong? Read the link in the post.

Did they break down the numbers and expectations like I just did? I think they're running with favorable assumptions that haven't even come true yet. I'm talking as of NOW.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Did they break down the numbers and expectations like I just did? I think they're running with favorable assumptions that haven't even come true yet. I'm talking as of NOW.

I'm not expert on cap. I'll go with the experts. Calling Larry Coon.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Just do the simple math b/f relying on TV opinion blowhards. They're talking in rough concepts; we live with the actual math.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Just do the simple math b/f relying on TV opinion blowhards. They're talking in rough concepts; we live with the actual math.

I posted a link. Is it authored by TV opinion blowhards? Did you read it?

Black Sheep
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
Yong wrote:

Too slow? If Kobe couldn't dunk would he be considered slow? I consider Dlo smooth not slow

If anyone has a few minutes and wants to watch rookie Dlo with some motivation, then here's what we traded

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

If we don't exercise any of the team options for the players on rookie contract then we currently will have the cap space for two max contracts despite having Deng and Clarkson. Maybe that's what they were refering to.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:

You posted a link from 2016 re: the 2016 free agency. We had $60m last summer. Here is your link:

http://lakeshowlife.com/2016/05/11/lakers-cap-space-2016-how-much-could-la-have/

maybe read your own link before chastising me?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

You posted a link from 2016 re: the 2016 free agency. We had $60m last summer. Here is your link:

http://lakeshowlife.com/2016/05/11/lakers-cap-space-2016-how-much-could-la-have/

Where have I chastised you? I didn't read the date of the link. Good catch. I still believe what's being reported by sports pundits.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Where have I chastised you? I didn't read the date of the link. Good catch. I still believe what's being reported by sports pundits.

OK. So you post an old link, but still say you believe talking heads on an opinion show when I've laid out the various assumptions that need to be addressed (which these talking heads wouldn't care to delve into).
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject:

Can we lock this thread so I don't have to get depressed every time I see it.. lololol
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

OK. So you post an old link, but still say you believe talking heads on an opinion show when I've laid out the various assumptions that need to be addressed (which these talking heads wouldn't care to delve into).

As stated I'm not versed in cap space. I've asked Larry for his expertise. I'll wait for his response. Until then I'll go with the Lakers having $60 million in cap space as reported by FirstTake.

prefuse1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject:

How arrogant Jodeke..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 76 of 100
Jump to: