Official FRONT OFFICE P&M Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject:

One day later and I am still furious about this trade....
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject:

Why is Magic destroying what the Lakers are trying to build?

Get young assets and in two years or more have a young team ready to contend?

Instead he is trying to do it now. But even with Paul George and no young core the Lakers will not win a championship. And in the unlikely case that Jams will come to the Lakers at a late age it will be to retire in LA. Not play winning bb.

In seems that the Lakers was in a good long term path. with a good young core that was cheap and assets to develop.

Why did Magic with his huge ego want to win now and destroy the young core?
zoom K083
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject:

The way the lakers are ran is a perfect example of Nepotism. None of these guys in charge deserve where they are at and only there because of the aura of being a Laker they carry. Its reason why most family owned businesses fail.
richmorgan12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Magic should trade Brook Lopez and his expiring contract for PG13.

Keep Randle/JC here!

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yasdvo6f

Brook and the #28 would be fair.

The Pacers want picks and young players. Brook Lopez is neither.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
You can all apologize to me now. I was right, and it feels awful.

Negative.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject:

richmorgan12 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Keep Randle/JC here!

The Pacers want picks and young players. Brook Lopez is neither.

Pacers also want expiring contracts. Brook Lopez is that.

PG13 took the leverage of Indiana and gave it to the Lakers, but instead Magic took that leverage and gift wrapped it back to Indiana.

Indiana shouldn't be in the position to pick and choose which players they want from Magic, should be the other way around. Magic rushed the Dlo trade without anything lined up. Even Woj said that Lakers were better off waiting til after Thursday to make any trades but Magic wanted it done yesterday and may cost us not just D'Angelo but also Randle/Clarkson and now Ramona is reporting we could deal Nance/Zubac as sweeteners. WTF.

Last edited by Nash Vegas on Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Keep Randle/JC here!

If that were to go down, then were looking at

Russell and Moz = PG, 27 ,and huge savings.

That would be a GREAT turnout.

But, I honestly dont think it can happen. Fact is, Magic showed his hand when he didnt need to.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Just thought of this-

what if magic traded DLO because of byron

You just thought of that? Well it was the first thing that popped into my head when I read about the trade.

Look if it stops here I will be ok. Just don't keep digging, don't trade the farm for George please!!!!!!!!!!!! He is not that good. And he will come to us for free in 2018.

I am just pissed at how we wasted a #2 overall pick and got nothing for him except cap space to go after a 34 year old player with millions of miles on the odometer.

We will be back in rebuild mode within 5 years and we might make just the second round for all of our trouble.

Magic trashed DLO and then wondered why his trade value was so lo. I can't believe an actual business man is so impatient and such a poor negotiator.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Mitch was truly brilliant. The biggest problem with being brilliant is that the majority of people will not understand what you are doing because most people cannot think multiple moves ahead. Imo this was Mitch's downfall...most basketball fans have average level intelligence and are easily controlled by the media. People with average level intelligence have very little desire to think independently (or just don't know how. Not really sure which).

Magic/pelinka are slightly above average intelligence. The issue with these people are that they think they are a lot more intelligent than they really are. They believe they can cut corners and get away with breaking the rules because they are smarter than everyone else.

It's obvious to me that magic/pelinka are making Backdoor deals with agents and that's how they plan to rebuild this team. That is the only logical explanation for trading away an asset for pennies without any clear plan.

I honestly hope they get caught and face punishment for collusion.

Mitch wasn't brilliant. It was his garbage ass signing of Mozgov that lead to this trade being possible.

Imo they were just placeholders. The length of the contracts basically timestamped when he thought the lakers would start becoming competitive and ready to seriously look to add star power ( if our prospects didn't turn out). It also happens to coincide with what will be the end of GSW reign.

You call it garbage, I call it brilliant planning.

Brilliant planning?? You're saying that a GM who intended to not make ANY moves for 4 years brilliant?! That's an incredibly lazy and extremely passive way to run a professional sports team I think. Absolutely not indicative of cultivating a winning culture for a young team. Fans should expect more
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Keep Randle/JC here!

If that were to go down, then were looking at

Russell and Moz = PG, 27 ,and huge savings.

That would be a GREAT turnout.

But, I honestly dont think it can happen. Fact is, Magic showed his hand when he didnt need to.

I am all for that! No #2 pick please dumb a$$ magic.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
No, I have gained faith because actually they are 2-0.

You didn't really think they were going to be satisfied with another 25 win season with guys playing half assed or no defense did you?

Russell had plenty of playing time to show what he could or could not do. The assessment was made (correctly I say) and they moved on and dumped the previous front office's first of two terrible contracts.

Positive steps all.

I agree.

Yes.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject:

Boaz wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
The kid was on the right trajectory. Now you're starting over with Lonzo who has zero of D'Lo's half court game.

Lonzo's a true PG at least. Lonzo can be an elite PG.

Russell was never going to be an elite PG since he's not a PG. And never an elite SG. Lonzo has a spot in the league. We know what his position is. Russell is a positionless chucker. He can go score garbage points on the Nets winning 22 games a season.

The Lakers blew that pick. Period.

Bolded is nothing but truth.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject:

Boaz wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
You can all apologize to me now. I was right, and it feels awful.

You and GoldenThroat have been made to look like clowns. Pimping players that are trash.

Magic just took out the trash.

Lmaooo bro I support the trade but we must RESPECT our players!!! I wanted nothing but the success ofMiz/D'Lo, alas we went in a new direction.

Now we support whoever will be on the team for next year 💯💯
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject:

Do we need a Maginka Needs to go Thread? I didn't expect it so soon.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject:

There's a reason why Jim and Mitch don't leak information to the media. So based on what we know, media already spread the news that Magic was shopping Russell and he is no longer part of the core.
So a possible scenario would be, Magic shopped Russell to the lottery teams for a draft pick. When he realised, there was no taker, he then turned to Nets and offered Moz + Russell himself.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject:

zoom K083 wrote:
The way the lakers are ran is a perfect example of Nepotism. None of these guys in charge deserve where they are at and only there because of the aura of being a Laker they carry. Its reason why most family owned businesses fail.

Yes, we were told that repeatedly when Dr. Buss died, but I didn't want to believe it. As the incompetence of Jim and Jeanie Buss began to show, it became much easier to believe. When the Clippers become the model of a well run organization, you know things have changed.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject:

I'm guessing there is a bigger, overall plan that we aren't seeing. Hopefully we get to see what their vision is real soon. Unfortunately, that vision does not include half of our young core. Which was bound to happen at some point anyways.
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject:

need guggenheim to swoop in a take the lakers out of the buss' hands. clean out management and clone friedman and zaidi so they can make basketball decisions too tbh
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
There's a reason why Jim and Mitch don't leak information to the media. So based on what we know, media already spread the news that Magic was shopping Russell and he is no longer part of the core.
So a possible scenario would be, Magic shopped Russell to the lottery teams for a draft pick. When he realised, there was no taker, he then turned to Nets and offered Moz + Russell himself.

Leaked no information about moving players such as LO, Bynum, and anyone on the team not named Kobe right? Love the selective memory here
cyrus_the_virus
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject:

Dodgers were smart to keep Magic away from any decision making capacity. Strictly a PR guy with good teeth and smile. Based on those stupid tweets from him these past several years should have disqualified from his current position.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject:

Yes, trading DLO sucks, but I can't over-react just yet. The new front office didn't sign MozDeng to ridiculous contracts. And didn't Mitch and Jim try to trade both DLO & Ingram for Cousins?
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Mitch was truly brilliant. The biggest problem with being brilliant is that the majority of people will not understand what you are doing because most people cannot think multiple moves ahead. Imo this was Mitch's downfall...most basketball fans have average level intelligence and are easily controlled by the media. People with average level intelligence have very little desire to think independently (or just don't know how. Not really sure which).

Magic/pelinka are slightly above average intelligence. The issue with these people are that they think they are a lot more intelligent than they really are. They believe they can cut corners and get away with breaking the rules because they are smarter than everyone else.

It's obvious to me that magic/pelinka are making Backdoor deals with agents and that's how they plan to rebuild this team. That is the only logical explanation for trading away an asset for pennies without any clear plan.

Mitch wasn't brilliant. It was his garbage ass signing of Mozgov that lead to this trade being possible.

Imo they were just placeholders. The length of the contracts basically timestamped when he thought the lakers would start becoming competitive and ready to seriously look to add star power ( if our prospects didn't turn out). It also happens to coincide with what will be the end of GSW reign.

Brilliant planning?? You're saying that a GM who intended to not make ANY moves for 4 years brilliant?! That's an incredibly lazy and extremely passive way to run a professional sports team I think. Absolutely not indicative of cultivating a winning culture for a young team. Fans should expect more

Sure, I guess it's better to have a gm making moves for the sake of making them. Patience was the plan but clearly that's a stupid one. Well, now you have magic so I'm sure there won't be many dull moments
yammy1688
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Sure, I guess it's better to have a gm making moves for the sake of making them. Patients was the plan but clearly that's a stupid one. Well, now you have magic so I'm sure there won't be many dull moments

Um, if we look at REALITY, the current dominant teams are ones that were patient and nurtured talent. GSW went through almost exactly what we were going through. They ended up with a team that OVERPERFORMS (#7,#12,#4x) because of that deep bond for each other fostered through that struggle. Kawaii...San Antonio?

A team of ringers won't have that bond. You think Dramon performs at his level because of him alone? You put him on another team and he is not the same player. GSW/SAS incredible chemistry, and how that chemistry is developed, is part of the equation not even being discussed.

We were on our way to building that. No more. The faith and trust of the young guys have been shot. All these years of tanking.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

Leaked no information about moving players such as LO, Bynum, and anyone on the team not named Kobe right? Love the selective memory here

Right, so how much information has the previous FO leak in the last few years comparing to the new front office in the last few months? Basically, nearly all the rumours we have heard this summer turn out to be true.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject:

Lol at the overreactions:

Randle - on the team
Black - TBD
ABrown - waived
D'Lo - traded
Nance - on the team
JCkark - on the team
Ingram - on the team
Zubac - on the team

5 or 6 out of 8 drafted players are still on the team, and apparently Ingram is untouchable. Plus we also have Ennis and Nwaba for youth.
Not subscribing to the sky is falling crowd when it comes to our young players - every move has made sense thus far.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 16 of 19
Jump to: