Official FRONT OFFICE P&M Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
There's a reason why Jim and Mitch don't leak information to the media. So based on what we know, media already spread the news that Magic was shopping Russell and he is no longer part of the core.
So a possible scenario would be, Magic shopped Russell to the lottery teams for a draft pick. When he realised, there was no taker, he then turned to Nets and offered Moz + Russell himself.

Leaked no information about moving players such as LO, Bynum, and anyone on the team not named Kobe right? Love the selective memory here

Right, so how much information has the previous FO leak in the last few years comparing to the new front office in the last few months? Basically, nearly all the rumours we have heard this summer turn out to be true.

Gasol turned out to be true.
LO turned out to be true.
Bynum turned out to be true.

3 key cogs to our 3 Finals trips & 2 championships.
All leaked to horrible effect and handled equally terribly after.
Don't forget all the cringe worthy attempts to engage in trades in recent years and having FA's laugh at us.

Remember KG trade rumors?
It's been the norm lol.

So yes, our FO has most certainly leaked info - just like any sports team would do. Not sure what point is even trying to be made here tbh.

Much easier to simply say that you think the FO sucks if that's the case
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) the pic of Magic on the front page is annoying af
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
richmorgan12 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Magic should trade Brook Lopez and his expiring contract for PG13.

Keep Randle/JC here!

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yasdvo6f

Brook and the #28 would be fair.

The Pacers want picks and young players. Brook Lopez is neither.

Pacers also want expiring contracts. Brook Lopez is that.

PG13 took the leverage of Indiana and gave it to the Lakers, but instead Magic took that leverage and gift wrapped it back to Indiana.

Indiana shouldn't be in the position to pick and choose which players they want from Magic, should be the other way around. Magic rushed the Dlo trade without anything lined up. Even Woj said that Lakers were better off waiting til after Thursday to make any trades but Magic wanted it done yesterday and may cost us not just D'Angelo but also Randle/Clarkson and now Ramona is reporting we could deal Nance/Zubac as sweeteners. what the heck.
What the heck! You think people would learn their lesson after the Knicks traded the farm for Melo who would've sign with them for nothing. You trade Randle/Clarkson, Nance/Zubac for PG we'll be lucky to be a .500 team.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject:

lkjhf wrote:
need guggenheim to swoop in a take the lakers out of the buss' hands. clean out management and clone friedman and zaidi so they can make basketball decisions too tbh

If Friedman's job was dependent upon fan of approval of his first major trade, he would've been run out on a rail after flipping Kemp for Grandal.

The one thing Friedman/Zaidi seem to do consistently: they move prospects the moment they know they don't have a future with the club. The best example is Zach Lee, who signed a franchise record $5.25 million bonus after Colletti begged McCourt for it.

Lee was touted as the eventual #2 starter in the rotation after Kershaw. A year ago, Friedman sent him to Seattle for Chris Taylor. As of this week, Lee's been DFA'd, and Taylor's thriving as a starter on one of the best teams in baseball.

Despite the Dodgers drafting Lee in the 1st round and giving him an ungodly amount of money from a previous regime, they cut their losses and moved forward when they didn't see him panning out. I'm a Russell fan, but I'm willing to admit that I'm operating off incomplete information. Maybe after seeing Russell up close and personal, Magic, Pelinka, and Luke saw him more like Zach Lee and less like Clayton Kershaw. It's possible they miscalculated, it's also possible they didn't. Time will tell.
JBizzlethethird
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject:

What is the earliest that Magic could find himself on the hot seat?

If the 2018 "plan" fails, could we see the possibility of a change in 2019?
2. Sign PG, JR, Picks (Brook, IT, Shooter 1 yr deals)
3. Sign JR, Picks and 1 yr deals and run it back.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject:

lkjhf wrote:
lol (bleep) this franchise. i want to actively root for them to lose after pulling this (bleep). if you support this you support incompetence and your head's in the sand

I hope all you guys who hate the franchise will quit posting here and go to the Nets site and make it your home!!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Yes, trading DLO sucks, but I can't over-react just yet. The new front office didn't sign MozDeng to ridiculous contracts. And didn't Mitch and Jim try to trade both DLO & Ingram for Cousins?

I think Jeanie and Magic were more upset they didn't include them than anything.

I thought Mitch didn't want include Ingram though.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject:

I MUCH rather have DLO here than just having a "prayer" we can sign a franchise level player to pair with PG13
and then you have to consider even if we landed that franchise level player with PG13, you are still trading your young chips for "win now" players while the Warriors are still unbeatable
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Yes, trading DLO sucks, but I can't over-react just yet. The new front office didn't sign MozDeng to ridiculous contracts. And didn't Mitch and Jim try to trade both DLO & Ingram for Cousins?

I highly doubt that was offered. I mean, Sac accepted Buddy Hield.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I MUCH rather have DLO here than just having a "prayer" we can sign a franchise level player to pair with PG13
and then you have to consider even if we landed that franchise level player with PG13, you are still trading your young chips for "win now" players while the Warriors are still unbeatable

I'm planning on writing an article which makes this trade look worse. It doesn't help them at all, and dumping Mozgov really just prettied up the fact that they dumped Russell for very nearly zero value.

That is -- assuming GT is alright with me writing that on LFR since it's not going to be a positive one.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject:

The D'Angelo trade was a gigantic mistake in talent evaluation and asset management, whether or not you like the kid or not, that's just the case.

I have in my heart room to forgive Luke and this front office and give them one more shot, because I love this team and Lonzo Ball is a really exciting prospect who I want to watch develop and succeed. I hope they don't gut the young talent drafted tonight. I'm treating the DLO trade as an outlier... No one liked him in management or the coaching staff and he's gone regardless if there's a George trade. I hate it, it's STUPID, but this was going to happen.

Construct a team with a thoughtful path in mind and make smart trades and draft picks. You guys get one more shot after a brutal mistake like this.

D'Angelo is a future stud and I will be following his Brooklyn career. I hope he finds a home and screws his head on straight.

Go Lakers
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:

I'm planning on writing an article which makes this trade look worse. It doesn't help them at all, and dumping Mozgov really just prettied up the fact that they dumped Russell for very nearly zero value.

That is -- assuming GT is alright with me writing that on LFR since it's not going to be a positive one.

It is safer to wait for a dozen of games next season before drawing conclusions.
driver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
The D'Angelo trade was a gigantic mistake in talent evaluation and asset management, whether or not you like the kid or not, that's just the case.

I have in my heart room to forgive Luke and this front office and give them one more shot, because I love this team and Lonzo Ball is a really exciting prospect who I want to watch develop and succeed. I hope they don't gut the young talent drafted tonight. I'm treating the DLO trade as an outlier... No one liked him in management or the coaching staff and he's gone regardless if there's a George trade. I hate it, it's STUPID, but this was going to happen.

Construct a team with a thoughtful path in mind and make smart trades and draft picks. You guys get one more shot after a brutal mistake like this.

D'Angelo is a future stud and I will be following his Brooklyn career. I hope he finds a home and screws his head on straight.

Go Lakers

Well said. My dream is for us to construct a LONG lasting culture in the ways of SAS or GSW. I don't want a quickie and done like Miami (and seemingly, Cleveland right now). To do that, hold the young guys, continue to build assets. I'll suffer some years of losing if it means not being a mediocre 7th seed treadmill team.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
tox wrote:

It is safer to wait for a dozen of games next season before drawing conclusions.

It has nothing to do with how good Russell or Mozgov or Lopez are.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject:

I pray Hinkie is available if the Lakers are a disaster in 4-5 years.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:

Go Lakers

Well said.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
tox wrote:

Now there's the mother of all (bleep) irony.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
nash wrote:
tox wrote:

Now there's the mother of all (bleep) irony.

lol
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject:

we're gonna be a 28 win team again this year, if that
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Not getting George makes trading him for essentially Kyle Kuzma feel pointless.

levon wrote:

Don't worry... Paul George and LeBron James will rescue us
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Russell wasn't traded because a Paul George trade might happen. He was traded because the front office and coaching staff wanted him gone.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Russell wasn't traded because a Paul George trade might happen. He was traded because the front office and coaching staff wanted him gone.

100%.
The Lakers will have done their CBA homework, which is that they gained almost zero practical CBA advantage dumping Mozgov at the cost of Russell, i.e. yes they save $6.5M in cap space for 5 years, but in real terms that wasn't going to affect their future plans. Dumping Mozgov and getting back #27 were obviously just the Lakers' best return for Russell without taking any salary back. Primary goal was to get rid of him.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:

Depends on who they sign for the big one year max that's coming. They could just punt and take on an expiring contract (a la Jeremy Lin and Jose Calderon) to pick up an asset or two. But then the team probably wins roughly 25 games. That'd hurt Magic's ego, and just as importantly it'd hurt their chances of attracting PG13.

So we might sign Livingston or something to a one year, $18M contract or whatever to shore up our guard rotation. Factor in the lack of any tanking (when other teams will be) and I predict we'll hit around 32.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject:

I'd just sign iguodala for 25-30mil for 1 year and call it a summer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19
Jump to: