Kings stop the Lakers from making another big mistake
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
24KT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Trust the Process!

Thus far the process is:

Trade mozgov, lou, Dlo, Clarkson and/or randle, the number two, and get a guy who wants to come as a free agent next year. And oh yeah, not even have those ducks lined up. Who needs Jerry West. Magic got this.

That's no "process".. that's just speculation

No, that's the events. So it is either the process or they don't have one.

Events from the future? Because, we still have #2.. (not to mention clarkson and randle). Don't get me wrong... I get what you're trying to say.. I do believe however that the D-LO + Mozgov was NOT as much to get PG13, as it was to get someone else (yes, I AM speculating!)

They tried to trade the number two already to add another pick for Indy (because, surprise, number 27 isn't really exciting them, and surprise, now that we've gone all in they are squeezing for more).

Common damn sense

The fact that Magic and Pelikna didn't see that is some scary s*** man.
JohnWick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject:

composite wrote:
JohnWick wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Trust the Process!

Thus far the process is:

Trade mozgov, lou, Dlo, Clarkson and/or randle, the number two, and get a guy who wants to come as a free agent next year. And oh yeah, not even have those ducks lined up. Who needs Jerry West. Magic got this.

Events from the future? Because, we still have #2.. (not to mention clarkson and randle). Don't get me wrong... I get what you're trying to say.. I do believe however that the D-LO + Mozgov was NOT as much to get PG13, as it was to get someone else (yes, I AM speculating!)

They tried to trade the number two already to add another pick for Indy (because, surprise, number 27 isn't really exciting them, and surprise, now that we've gone all in they are squeezing for more).

Exactly right. The FO showed their hand way too early and now are stuck between a rock and a hard place. The Dlo trade should have never happened unless the PG trade was aleady in place. Even then it was a bad move and terrible timing.

If the PG deal were happening, then it might be more understandable.

The old-timers might remember the Lakers traded Vlade for cap space + picks in order to get Shaq. It was a risky gamble at the time, because they didn't have a reasonable center back when centers were important. But at least they had to move fast to get Shaq.

Here, there's nothing at all. Lakers basically gave up on their top scorer and passer.

Yeah it's really infuriating thinking about it. We gave away our most talented player, a guy we tanked a full season to get, just for a freakin salary dump and a slim chance of getting PG and Bron together. It's like Magic is playing NBA 2K out here.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Five pages because of a David Aldridge report.
wsjan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Vlade!

You sacrificed for us to get Kobe, and now you saved Lakers from Magic's stupidity.

Always knew you were a Laker by heart!

Seems like Sac is set on drafting Fox with the 5th pick so no point for them to give up the 10th pick to move up.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject:

JohnWick wrote:
composite wrote:
JohnWick wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Trust the Process!

Thus far the process is:

Exactly right. The FO showed their hand way too early and now are stuck between a rock and a hard place. The Dlo trade should have never happened unless the PG trade was aleady in place. Even then it was a bad move and terrible timing.

If the PG deal were happening, then it might be more understandable.

The old-timers might remember the Lakers traded Vlade for cap space + picks in order to get Shaq. It was a risky gamble at the time, because they didn't have a reasonable center back when centers were important. But at least they had to move fast to get Shaq.

Here, there's nothing at all. Lakers basically gave up on their top scorer and passer.

Yeah it's really infuriating thinking about it. We gave away our most talented player, a guy we tanked a full season to get, just for a freakin salary dump and a slim chance of getting PG and Bron together. It's like Magic is playing NBA 2K out here.

Really? Your infuriated over trading DLO? I don't even think everyone on LG
has the same thought. Actually the press is very much split on the trade.

But as fate would have it, one bad deal gets you into another; read MozDeng.

So now we have a one year rental with Lopez, the number 2 pick which will probably yield DLO's replacement and a shot at signing a few good free agents.

Trust me I get it, I do but it was a no win situation. The bigger question is what will the FO do with the assets we should now keep; coming soon; like maƱana..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: