Kings stop the Lakers from making another big mistake
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Trust the Process!

Thus far the process is:

Trade mozgov, lou, Dlo, Clarkson and/or randle, the number two, and get a guy who wants to come as a free agent next year. And oh yeah, not even have those ducks lined up. Who needs Jerry West. Magic got this.

That's no "process".. that's just speculation

No, that's the events. So it is either the process or they don't have one.

Events from the future? Because, we still have #2.. (not to mention clarkson and randle). Don't get me wrong... I get what you're trying to say.. I do believe however that the D-LO + Mozgov was NOT as much to get PG13, as it was to get someone else (yes, I AM speculating!)
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Trust the Process!

Thus far the process is:

Trade mozgov, lou, Dlo, Clarkson and/or randle, the number two, and get a guy who wants to come as a free agent next year. And oh yeah, not even have those ducks lined up. Who needs Jerry West. Magic got this.

Events from the future? Because, we still have #2.. (not to mention clarkson and randle). Don't get me wrong... I get what you're trying to say.. I do believe however that the D-LO + Mozgov was NOT as much to get PG13, as it was to get someone else (yes, I AM speculating!)

They tried to trade the number two already to add another pick for Indy (because, surprise, number 27 isn't really exciting them, and surprise, now that we've gone all in they are squeezing for more).
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:
Hated Vlade for missing that FT vs. Bulls that would've tied the series but he's definitely come through big twice for Lakers: this and tapping that ball to Horry.

Not sure which missed FT that you're referring to.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Trust the Process!

Thus far the process is:

They tried to trade the number two already to add another pick for Indy (because, surprise, number 27 isn't really exciting them, and surprise, now that we've gone all in they are squeezing for more).

Indy can KMA!
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject:

How much does Lebron like playing with PG13? I hope all this isn't because of Lebron. Lebron+PG13 still would be far from being able to compete with the West elites let alone the granddaddy of them all, the GSW.
josephtzadic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Kings stop the Lakers from making another big mistake

splashmtn wrote:
MJST wrote:
David Aldridge‏Verified account @daldridgetnt 2m2 minutes ago
Lakers, per sources, engaged Sacramento in talks that would have sent the 2nd pick to the Kings for Sac’s two 1st-rounders (5 and 10) (1/2)

David Aldridge‏Verified account @daldridgetnt 11s11 seconds ago
Lakers would have then packaged one of the Kings’ picks w/27 & 28 along w/player in offer to Indy for Paul George. But Kings said no (2/2).

5th Pick/27th/28th/Additional Player to the Pacers for Paul George.... a guy we have ALL the leverage to get and could have just waited a season for...

Our Front Office everyone....

Where an even worse Front Office tells you "No... that's stupid."

Tragic Johnson and Robbed Pelinka till further notice.
let me give you the same explanation I've given the others. my tune has changed.

here's how it goes.

WE have 1 max slot right now.

We want 2 max players by next season's end.

WE have Deng/Mos contracts. which were designed as trade bait for a max player. you can't have a team full of rookie contract guys and have enough to pair in order to get a max guy. it would never add up. this is why they paid deng and mos the money they did outside of the CBA change which boosted everyone's salary.

So now...

If PG 13 comes on his own in the off season of next season. We then have fulfilled the 1 max spot we have financially.

We would still need to create space for a 2nd financially Max player spot by getting rid of Mos or Deng or both.

Meaning. These dudes have to go for a max guy to come in regardless if its this season or next.

Ask yourself, how hard is it to trade for a guy that said he was out and said he wanted to go home? Not that hard. not saying we will get him. just saying the trade is a lot easier to pull off sending them Deng or Mos + youth + a pick or 2.

NO matter how you slice it. DLO or JC or RANDLE were always gone due to trying to get one of the two max players or max player slots to be opened up. no one is taking deng or mos without DLO or JC or RANDLE. that's the sweetner. sorry laker fans who loved our young guns. that's the way it is.

unless you thought DLO, or JC, or Randle will one day become a Max guy. Then you probably always knew in the back of your mind that one of if not two or all 3 of these guys were always going to be traded so we could get that addlt superstar.

NOw if you really want to sweetin the deal and go all out this season. you trade that #2 pick too. get two first rounders for him. and you flip one if not both of them with deng or mos whoever is left. and possibly toss in another young gun(not ingram)...and bam. you now all of a sudden. have space for two max guys. we assume you're trading for pg13 with some of those assets. then you have 1 more slot left for a max guy to pick up this coming summer. yes we will suck this season. but that was going to happen anyway. we were never going to be REALLY REALLY good in the western conf with that many young guys on one team.

Amen to the above!! Please everyone get a grip, 2 max slots or 1. Is DLO a max player NO.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Trust the Process!

Thus far the process is:

I was thinking about it and I actually think Aldridge may have been conflating two different things. The idea that Magic would give up Lonzo and Russell in pursuit of George just doesn't add up, even if you think Magic is bad at his job.

We worked out a guy who would have been in the 10 range a few days ago which suggested we were looking at the 2 for 5/10 deal. In that scenario I think the offer would have been 5/28 and maybe Jordan (or Randle). Sacramento said no so they went to plan B which was keeping Lonzo instead of Russell who they moved to a) add another first rounder and b) open the space for two next year. That made the offer for Indy worse but increased the rental risk for everyone else. It also added a vet who either George or Indy liked because they were looking at him @ the Feb deadline. The plan A diligence would also explain why they stayed so connected to Lonzo without actually making him a promise.

Underwhelmed by these events, Indy slows the pace and doesn't make a deal despite the Woj, Stein and Momo matching in high gear with some leaks coming from all sides. With only a couple late picks really on the clock (instead of #5) they are willing to take a longer look, maybe all the way to draft day. Floating a few more rumors out there now that Magic has some risk might net them an extra piece or two. The question is who blinks first. Lakers hoping the net deal is something like Russell/28/Moz/(Jordan or Randle) for George/Lopez which would be acceptable I guess because even though it costs you Russell (trying not to curse here), it also gives George a quality vet this year and let's you get in a room with LeBron in a year. Indy probably wants to add at least one more young piece to the deal thus the posturing.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I believe a deal gets done by draft day.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Kings stop the Lakers from making another big mistake

josephtzadic wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
MJST wrote:
Lakers, per sources, engaged Sacramento in talks that would have sent the 2nd pick to the Kings for Sac’s two 1st-rounders (5 and 10) (1/2)

Lakers would have then packaged one of the Kings’ picks w/27 & 28 along w/player in offer to Indy for Paul George. But Kings said no (2/2).

5th Pick/27th/28th/Additional Player to the Pacers for Paul George.... a guy we have ALL the leverage to get and could have just waited a season for...

let me give you the same explanation I've given the others. my tune has changed.

here's how it goes.

WE have Deng/Mos contracts. which were designed as trade bait for a max player. you can't have a team full of rookie contract guys and have enough to pair in order to get a max guy. it would never add up. this is why they paid deng and mos the money they did outside of the CBA change which boosted everyone's salary.

So now...

If PG 13 comes on his own in the off season of next season. We then have fulfilled the 1 max spot we have financially.

We would still need to create space for a 2nd financially Max player spot by getting rid of Mos or Deng or both.

Meaning. These dudes have to go for a max guy to come in regardless if its this season or next.

Ask yourself, how hard is it to trade for a guy that said he was out and said he wanted to go home? Not that hard. not saying we will get him. just saying the trade is a lot easier to pull off sending them Deng or Mos + youth + a pick or 2.

NO matter how you slice it. DLO or JC or RANDLE were always gone due to trying to get one of the two max players or max player slots to be opened up. no one is taking deng or mos without DLO or JC or RANDLE. that's the sweetner. sorry laker fans who loved our young guns. that's the way it is.

unless you thought DLO, or JC, or Randle will one day become a Max guy. Then you probably always knew in the back of your mind that one of if not two or all 3 of these guys were always going to be traded so we could get that addlt superstar.

NOw if you really want to sweetin the deal and go all out this season. you trade that #2 pick too. get two first rounders for him. and you flip one if not both of them with deng or mos whoever is left. and possibly toss in another young gun(not ingram)...and bam. you now all of a sudden. have space for two max guys. we assume you're trading for pg13 with some of those assets. then you have 1 more slot left for a max guy to pick up this coming summer. yes we will suck this season. but that was going to happen anyway. we were never going to be REALLY REALLY good in the western conf with that many young guys on one team.

Amen to the above!! Please everyone get a grip, 2 max slots or 1. Is DLO a max player NO.

So tell me what's the urgency to do it this season? Why can't we wait till next summer when Moz/Deng has one less year on the contract and till we actually have shown interest from another free agent before sending away one of our top prospects. Also, Magic is basically telling the Pacers we want PG13 this summer. They are just going to ask more assets.

Lastly, do you know how pathetic Lakers will be if PG13 and no other free agents in 2018? Magic is too short-sighted.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject:

If ya'll aint learned from the past 4 off-seasons how useless "Cap Space" is when you have no direction and aren't a winning team then you'll NEVER learn and forever live in the fantasy world that just because you have cap means you're signing someone big.

By that logic the Timberwolves and the 76ers have just as much a chance at LeBron James as we do. Except they kept their core.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject:

It looks as if Divac gave Magicman an assist this time around.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject:

I was saying the same about PG, why offer anything?

Read a lot about how trading for him now will get us his bird rights, therefore still allowing us the ability to sign 2 max FA's.

IF TRUE, that means the picks would become PG plus 1 max FA. Even if we sent 4 top 10 picks that's a 50% hit rate and you pull the trigger.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject:

Trade D'lo, trade the #2 pick, trade the #5 pick. Start Clarkson at point guard. Great thinking by Magic right there.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
Trade D'lo, trade the #2 pick, trade the #5 pick. Start Clarkson at point guard. Great thinking by Magic right there.
to be fair. Clarkson has abs
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
zePokar wrote:
to be fair. Clarkson has abs

He's under 8% body fat, he qualifies.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Trust the Process!

It's going to be a long road back to glory, but I believe.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Kings stop the Lakers from making another big mistake

lakersfan8 wrote:
josephtzadic wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
MJST wrote:

here's how it goes.

So now...

So tell me what's the urgency to do it this season? Why can't we wait till next summer when Moz/Deng has one less year on the contract and till we actually have shown interest from another free agent before sending away one of our top prospects. Also, Magic is basically telling the Pacers we want PG13 this summer. They are just going to ask more assets.

Lastly, do you know how pathetic Lakers will be if PG13 and no other free agents in 2018? Magic is too short-sighted.

That's a losers mentality. You don't make power moves assuming you will fail. You bet on your own success, and reap whatever result after.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Kings stop the Lakers from making another big mistake

Ujah's Goat wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
josephtzadic wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
MJST wrote:

here's how it goes.

So now...

That's a losers mentality. You don't make power moves assuming you will fail. You bet on your own success, and reap whatever result after.

That's a dumbster mentality. You don't make power moves without a backup plan. And that's exactly what Magic's doing.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject:

I just hope this is false news or some sort of smokescreen. I see absolutely no reason to trade the #2 pick, whether it's to trade down or for Paul George.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

You know...sometimes the process involves incompetent FO people getting fired...Magic better be on notice...we didn't get enough for DLo even if trading him helps us pressure the Pacers.

No way I make that trade without the parameters already in place.

#BannersOverBillboards
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject:

VocabuLaker wrote:
Gellollo wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
We need PG now. No need to wait. PG brings buzz etc. young guys bring nothing.

Why now? It's not like we're gonna win this year. Lonzo already brought the buzz.

Lonzo is not going to bring free agents. PG13 will bring free agents.

I would say if not now when? 5 more years of tanking and draft pics?

What the hell do we need a bunch of old overpaid free agents for? What good did Mozgov and Deng do for us?

The key is player development.

Last edited by Dr. Funkbot on Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Ironicles wrote:
If true, that tells me they aren't super high on Ball.

It tells me they're a bunch of idiots who have no confidence in their talent evaluating skills and are going for broke bringing known names to LA. I think they will succeed.

And then in a few short years, we'll need to rebuild again without a ring to show for it. This is what I mean when you start to make moves to "GO FOR IT" like the rest of the league, you end up in mediocre purgatory.

We could possible not have Russell and Lonzo next year. That was the backcourt for the next 15 yrs if they had any freaking vision. But lets go with the borderline all-star who has never been mistaken for making his teammates better in Paul George.

No reason to make the DLO trade now. None. We could have at least seen what D'Lonzo looked like in the pre-season. I'll bet Lonzo could have pumped up DLO's numbers and made him more trade worthy.

This FO sucks.
Iversondalivest1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject:

If workouts show that ball and jj are... meh, then i actually wouldn't mind trading the 2 for the 5 and 10. Fox or jj might still be available. And pg13 himself was the 10th pick in his draft class. . As long as we dont trade anyone of those picks.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Kings stop the Lakers from making another big mistake

Ujah's Goat wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
josephtzadic wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
MJST wrote:

Magic Johnson and Robbed Pelinka till further notice.

here's how it goes.

So now...

That's what we did when we traded for Nash and Howard. That's also what Billy King did when he made the trade with the Celtics. At least, both of the teams at that time were a playoff team and trying to get better. How much credit have they got?
JohnWick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Trust the Process!

Thus far the process is:

Exactly right. The FO showed their hand way too early and now are stuck between a rock and a hard place. The Dlo trade should have never happened unless the PG trade was aleady in place. Even then it was a bad move and terrible timing.
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject:

JohnWick wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Trust the Process!

Thus far the process is:

Exactly right. The FO showed their hand way too early and now are stuck between a rock and a hard place. The Dlo trade should have never happened unless the PG trade was aleady in place. Even then it was a bad move and terrible timing.

If the PG deal were happening, then it might be more understandable.

The old-timers might remember the Lakers traded Vlade for cap space + picks in order to get Shaq. It was a risky gamble at the time, because they didn't have a reasonable center back when centers were important. But at least they had to move fast to get Shaq.

Here, there's nothing at all. Lakers basically gave up on their top scorer and passer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: