Re: Official "I BELIEVE IN OUR FO" thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject:

yammy1688 wrote:
Anyone that supports this thread either knows very very little about basketball, or is plain incompetent.

I would say anyone who could work out Porzingis and Russell and then conclude Russell is the pick knows very little about basketball or is just plain incompetent.

Magic/Pelinka have to clean up past sins.

Today was a great first step.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
ingle wrote:
No.

A day ago Most people would think itd be an overpay if we traded russell for paul george

Instead we got Brook Lopez

Lock this thread. Incompetence cant be celebrated

Really, the trade was about creating contract space a year from now. I don't expect to be around a year from now, and wouldn't be surprised if he's traded before the season ends.

To me, this simply means the FO (1) didn't think that much of Russell and (2) believe the future is really about signing a couple of top free agents.

It's not an unreasonable strategy (though Russell is a high price to pay to shed Moz contract). But a few years from now it could look really smart or really stupid.

Then there really isnt any reason to trade him now. Its not like youre selling high and we dont need the capspace this offseason.

Only justification is that they legitimately think Russell is a bust (unlikely given play so far) or he has major health issues so they had to dump him now while he still has promise
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Hijacking the thread to say it was terrible.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject:

I do not get the "I want to create a topic thread" addiction....
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
yammy1688 wrote:
Anyone that supports this thread either knows very very little about basketball, or is plain incompetent.

I would say anyone who could work out Porzingis and Russell and then conclude Russell is the pick knows very little about basketball or is just plain incompetent.

It is almost like the Godfather
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Stop right there....Don't mention Knicks front office and competence.
http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19688080
PJax lucked into Porky and now he might trade him.

Last edited by lakersken80 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
eagles nut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Can we have a "haven't reached any conclusion on FO" thread? Or an "I support the FO but still think ownership is clueless" thread? The deal is supportable viewed in and of itself, not when you consider the team as a whole forced themselves to misuese assets by trading a player that could have gotten better return mainly to get cap relief to jettison a player that they gave an exorbitant deal to 1 year ago. Yeah, it wasn't "this FO", but it's still disheartening.
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject:

The freak out over Magic & Pelinka is off the charts right now. I've said so many times, DLO had baggage, flaws in his game and long term health questions. He wasn't going to part of the plans long term regardless of mgmt regime.
yammy1688
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject:

billyjoegunrak wrote:
yammy1688 wrote:

Lay it on thinker, I know you can do it.

Klay
Steph
Green
Kawaii
Duncan
Manu
Parker
Kobe

How many chips is that these 20 years?
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject:

I believe in the FO... overpaying tomorrow and not necessarily for PG.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject:

So far the front office comes off as a wet-behind-the-ears group of panicking dumbasses. But I won't rule out the possibility they could engineer something good. Throwing tons of assets at Indy to get PG13, who insisted he's coming here for free next summer, would solidify their ranking as wet-behind-the-ears panicking dumbasses though.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Time will tell...I'm certainly not ready to bash the FO yet until I see what our depth chart looks like to start the season.

It's been interesting to see how many DLO supporters there are on this board.

Equally interesting to read how many would bash a Laker legend before knowing all the information due to the CHANCE DLO lives up to his potential.

Listen Fam, I didn't want to believe Byron either re: our young rookie - thought the dude was garbage as a coach. But now Luke has echoed some of the same stuff regarding DLO's coach-ability, potential, character ... whatever

I guess expecting fans to keep a level head is too much to ask. But none are blaming DLO who is just as responsible as the FO for getting traded.
TDG
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

RMurphy_22 wrote:
The freak out over Magic & Pelinka is off the charts right now. I've said so many times, DLO had baggage, flaws in his game and long term health questions. He wasn't going to part of the plans long term regardless of mgmt regime.

Does that make trading him before we even get PG 13 the right move?

You can hate DLO all you want and be glad he is off the team, that doesnt make how he is no longer on the team a good thing.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
yammy1688 wrote:

Most teams had Russell in their top 3.

Porzingis can't create his own offense or create offense for others.
Laker Junkie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Need to lock this thread.
lakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official "I Believe in the FO" thread

kobe_luver wrote:
I think there should be a thread for those of us that have faith the FO is doing and will make the right moves to build us back to the winning Lakers.

The reaction by most here today reminds me of the fans reaction when the Knicks picked Porzingis in the draft.....they hated it at first but loved it later.

I truly believe the Laker's FO are on the right track with the direction they're going.

I BELIEVE!!

How can you support a front office that displayed such blatant amateurism like our front office did today????
Paul George has publicly stated he is going to be a laker which will make teams very wary of trading anything of value for him, so why are we the team that he has proclaimed he will signed with as a free agent now triplingn over ourselves to trade for him????
Also this Russell trade was stupid as hell anyway you slice it, yes we get rid of the Mozgov contract but so what?? How does that effect us next year?? It would've been wiser to play this year out and see how Russell plays next to Ball and it likely would've increased the value for Russell and decreased the asking price for another team to swallow Mozgovs poison pill. But like amateurs we tripped over ourselves to win media points. What a freaking joke and now I have this very sick feeling in my stomach that Jeannie buss is going to make us yearn for the days of Jimmy buss. These idiotic kids have completely ruined Dr. Buss' prized possession with their sheer incompetence
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject:

RMurphy_22 wrote:

i wasn't aware of the health questions but that being said it was a great trade for us.
lakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official "I Believe in the FO" thread

lakid wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
I think there should be a thread for those of us that have faith the FO is doing and will make the right moves to build us back to the winning Lakers.

The reaction by most here today reminds me of the fans reaction when the Knicks picked Porzingis in the draft.....they hated it at first but loved it later.

I truly believe the Laker's FO are on the right track with the direction they're going.

I BELIEVE!!

How can you support a front office that displayed such blatant amateurism like our front office did today????
Paul George has publicly stated he is going to be a laker which will make teams very wary of trading anything of value for him, so why are we the team that he has proclaimed he will signed with as a free agent now triplingn over ourselves to trade for him????
Also this Russell trade was stupid as hell anyway you slice it, yes we get rid of the Mozgov contract but so what?? How does that effect us next year?? It would've been wiser to play this year out and see how Russell plays next to Ball and it likely would've increased the value for Russell and decreased the asking price for another team to swallow Mozgovs poison pill. But like amateurs we tripped over ourselves to win media points. What a freaking joke and now I have this very sick feeling in my stomach that Jeannie buss is going to make us yearn for the days of Jimmy buss. These idiotic kids have completely ruined Dr. Buss' prized possession with their sheer incompetence

Also the other point is that the warriors are set to win the west easily for the next 3-4 years, there was no reason to not let our young core develop. Even if we have Lebron and George in 2018 we still ain't winning. This is a bad move on so many levels it's not even funny
Pure shortsightedness
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject:

no one knows yet. i'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but today was a big strike ONE. that being said, that's the initial reaction, in a few years, we will know for sure.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
yammy1688 wrote:

well said
yammy1688
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Russell / Porzingas is still up for debate. It's been 2 years, and Russell has had to come up in a very challenging atmosphere. Kawaii, Harden? Trade them away after year 2? OK.

What past sin exactly? Having to rebuild the franchise following a string of championships, while hobbled by a send-off contract for kobe (deserved)? How people soon forget that there was literally NOONE to be had the off-season we picked up Deng and Mozgov, and we NEEDED to fill the cap space.

Mitch set us up for a young talented core to come to their own right as GSW was on the decline. What are we gonna do now?

PG, Lebron, Cousins in 2018 is the best case scenario. Would they beat GSW or Spurs?...Worst case scenario, PG leaves after one year.

LakerLanny wrote:
yammy1688 wrote:

Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject:

I'm in wait and see mode. Too early to pass judgement. This trade was just the first step. Let's see where it leads.

And honestly, I'm not that broken-hearted like some to see DLO go. He was a slower guard who loved to camp out and hit the three a bit too much and was, aside from the ocassional great pass, a mostly average passer. And he had maturity/leadership issues to boot.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject:

If all an NBA team has to do to be competitive is draft young players, keep them, and let them develop into (possibly) great players - rinse/repeat - it's a wonder why there aren't so many teams in the same conversation as GSW and CLE.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Great thread OP.

The LG crowd will start loving the Lakers when the real plan takes place by either this summer or next.
Kooper 21
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
yammy1688 wrote:

If Lakers picked Porzingis then no Ingram, Zubac or Ball because Lakers win more games and dont get a top 3 pick or lose the pick. Do you prefer POrzingis. Randle, Clarkson, or Ball, Ingram, and Zubac
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: