JEANIE: "I don't think there will be a move by the deadline"..........Jeanie Buss + Kurt Rambis On 1540 The Ticket...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OscarWang
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: JEANIE: "I don't think there will be a move by the deadline"..........Jeanie Buss + Kurt Rambis On 1540 The Ticket...

They are on now....

JEANIE now calls Phil "bucket boy"....KURT and JEANIE both say this team needs learning....Lakers are 0-7 in close games that they have led in the final minute or something like that (KURT then imagined how good our record would be if they were more experienced)...They were joking on Mark Cuban...KURT said they need scorers next to Kobe
PurpleHayz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: JEANIE: "I don't think there will be a move by the deadline"..........Jeanie Buss + Kurt Rambis On 1540 The Ticket...

MasTaFUsion wrote:
They are on now....

JEANIE now calls Phil "bucket boy"....KURT and JEANIE both say this team needs learning....Lakers are 0-7 in close games that they have led in the final minute or something like that (KURT then imagined how good our record would be if they were more experienced)...They were joking on Mark Cuban...KURT said they need scorers next to Kobe

They could be telling the truth but I find it odd that all 3 of them within the Laker family (Jeanie Buss, Rambis, Ireland) are all saying "No trade" at the same time. Who knows maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Something is about to happen. Every single time they come out and say such things, it means they're doing something. If they really weren't planning on any moves they'd just say "ohh, we're keeping our options open, yadda yadda...etc".
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Smokescreen.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
Smokescreen.

Yep.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
LkrsOvrMia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject:

RMurphy_22 wrote:
They saved the trade talk for the very end, but I got the sense he and Mitch are actively looking for trade opportunities. He said there will be alot of talk during the All-Star break and the majority of the moves will happen the last week. I don't believe that John Ireland report, just based on Mitchs comments earlier this week.

Go Lakers

Go Lakers!

Go Lakers!
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers won't make a trade every year this happens.. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. I'm not expecting anything to happen period! That's the status quo has been for a while.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject:

It's a way of lowering expectations and preventing leaks as the trade deadline approaches.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject:

I think this is expectation setting rather than smoke screening
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Here comes a big trade
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject:

A lot of people are going to be let down again. I just can't see the Lakers making a move mid season because all the variables like the triangle, salary, continuity. The same stuff that prevents trades every year with the Lakers.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
Something is about to happen. Every single time they come out and say such things, it means they're doing something. If they really weren't planning on any moves they'd just say "ohh, we're keeping our options open, yadda yadda...etc".

How do you know?

it is interesting all the Laker people / media outlets say no trade will happen before the deadline in the same day.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject:

It's hard to say what will happen. It depends on whether or not everything lines up.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

How do you know?

it is interesting all the Laker people / media outlets say no trade will happen before the deadline in the same day.

Exactly. EVERYONE comes out in agreement on ONE specific day regarding a trade happening?

Smokescreen to prevent whatever trade that is happening, from being stopped by an outside force. (i.e. a better offer from elsewhere)
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject:

If anything theyre looking for players with tri experience.

From the top of my mind I remember:

Horry
Fish
Madsen
Pargo
Rush
Ty Lue

Anyone else?
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: JEANIE: "I don't think there will be a move by the deadline"..........Jeanie Buss + Kurt Rambis On 1540 The Ticket...

MasTaFUsion wrote:
JEANIE: "I don't think there will be a move by the deadline".......

Interesting smokescreen...didn't they offer Odom for Frye/Hardaway a couple days ago?
Lionel The Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Uh, what did you expect them to say? Why would they announce on the radio that the Lakers will make a trade? Please use common sense.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject:

PROPHET wrote:
The Lakers won't make a trade every year this happens.. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. I'm not expecting anything to happen period! That's the status quo has been for a while.

I agree. Personally, who cares at this time. If they make a move, I want them to make a good move. With Kupcake, I have no confidence in him that I really don't trust his judgment.

We are where I expected us to be. We are a 500 club. Bottom line.

If Brown and Odom can show some consistency, than we're talking. However, nothin has indicated to me that they are on the verge of becoming a superstar.
drew4lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject:

I think they are playing it safe.

if they say there is no trade coming, then fans are more prepared if nothing happens.

Plus if they say a trade will happen, then they have to get into who the Lakers might be getting and who they'd be giving up. They could haley the deal and get players on the team looking over their shoulders.

I'm sure almost every player on the Lakers will breather easier on Feb. 24.

No matter what happens, fans will too. Either you'll be pissed nothing happened, complaining about what did happen, or thinking each new player could be an All Star next year. (A little exageration there )

For those that argue nothing will happen, they have history to back them up. For those that argue something will happen, jax has been supportive, even pushing for changes so the argument that the new player/s wouldn't be used doesn't carry as much weight.

It would be naive to assume the guessing games will end on the 24th. Instead the focus will shift to the draft and off season moves. But from here on out, no matter what anyone says, the tension is going to grow thicker by the day. Rumors will explode into huge threads with those excited by the possibility, those disgusted by the proposals, and those who don't want to get their hopes up.

But really, unless they were announcing a trade, I wouldn't have expected a different reply.

The Lakers are unusual in that so many other teams have a vested interest in ruining their plans. Thats fear and memory of such total domination for such a long period of time. Other GMs can be more open and candid because they don't have such a huge target on their back.

We have to try and remember that. As much as i would like to see the Lakers be more candid, they can't afford to be. Thats how our history works against us. I'm sure they aren't planning any trades. But if the right one comes along they will. And if the wrong one comes along I hope they don't.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject:

angel wrote:
It's a way of lowering expectations and preventing leaks as the trade deadline approaches.

I can live with that. MAKE THE DEAL MITCH!! DO IT!
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Lionel The Laker wrote:
Uh, what did you expect them to say?

That they're done putting out trash rosters and they're going to get real players.

Quote:
Why would they announce on the radio that the Lakers will make a trade?

Because it would help ticket sales.

Quote:
Please use common sense.

Ok. Common sense--the roster is by and large not good enough, the Lakers are barely holding onto a playoff spot and have a very good chance of not making the playoffs, even with guys staying healthy. It is common sense that they have to make a move or risk missing the playoffs two years in a row.

I'm pretty certain that every guy on that team not named Kobe and maybe Andrew knows that they don't have any job security. They know the deal--they came out and gave it nothing on the biggest stage in the league, so they know they may well get shipped out.

So what, the Lakers actually admitting what everyone already knows and the players know is going to affect things how exactly? And every GM knows they're looking for a deal because they've gotten the phone calls from Mitch.

Common sense would be the Lakers publically stating that these boys had better ball tonight like their jobs depended on it or they'll be shown the door.

But whatever, hush, hush, covert GM ops, plausible deniability--I get it.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject:

^
RG - When have you heard a team that made a deal and actually announced that they were making one before the papers were actually sent?

It's rare.

To say you are an active player, can't help your position in trade talks.

The best trades are ussually made hush-hush without most teams and the media knowing about it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject:

I think there will be a major shake-up...
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
^
RG - When have you heard a team that made a deal and actually announced that they were making one before the papers were actually sent?

It's rare.

To say you are an active player, can't help your position in trade talks.

The best trades are ussually made hush-hush without most teams and the media knowing about it.

Exactly.

Oh well, some people like to be overly pessimistic about everything regarding Kupchak. It is their right.
LkrsOvrMia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: JEANIE: "I don't think there will be a move by the deadline"..........Jeanie Buss + Kurt Rambis On 1540 The Ticket...

orwell wrote:
MasTaFUsion wrote:
JEANIE: "I don't think there will be a move by the deadline".......

Interesting smokescreen...didn't they offer Odom for Frye/Hardaway a couple days ago?

Careful. That report was out of the N.Y. Times.

Go Lakers!

Go Lakers!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: