JEANIE: "I don't think there will be a move by the deadline"..........Jeanie Buss + Kurt Rambis On 1540 The Ticket...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
sodapoppenski wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
raffi wrote:
Personally, I'd rather see this team mired in mediocrity, while so many of the experts pontificate about this magical plan they believe in (09 anyone?). Face it - barring a miracle, this organization is done.

I give you...the most PATHETIC post of the year!

Talk about bandwagoners.

Agreed.

If your loyalties are that thin, go back on tour and sing about Baby Baluga.

I can't wait till he's proven wrong

And so far, I'm right - though it's painful as hell to admit. That 8th seed is really something to aspire to . . . I'm sure you've topped out too. I'll have fries with that coke.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject:

raffi wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
raffi wrote:
Personally, I'd rather see this team mired in mediocrity, while so many of the experts pontificate about this magical plan they believe in (09 anyone?). Face it - barring a miracle, this organization is done.

Talk about bandwagoners.

I actually expected a little better from you - looks like you've sunk to the level of these others.

Thanks for taking the quote out of context - true colors shining through.

I'm wrong . . . the Shaq trade was pure genius. And our roster is in great shape - the best $60 million can buy. I hope you guys are never in charge of something important - it'll be sure to fail.

Yep. Since keeping Shaq at 30+ million is a nice idea. :roll:
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
Drifts wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
^
RG - When have you heard a team that made a deal and actually announced that they were making one before the papers were actually sent?

It's rare.

To say you are an active player, can't help your position in trade talks.

The best trades are ussually made hush-hush without most teams and the media knowing about it.

Ron Artest...Shaquille O'neal...Baron Davis...TMac...on the contrary, it's pretty common.

And in every situation, the team making the trade was unable to get equal value back.

can't argue with that...but it's quite rare to get something of equal value...
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
abc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject:

I listened to today's round table for only a few minutes, but Rambis did not discount the possibility of a trade. I didn't hear Jeannie's comment (I take from the title of this thread that she said that she didn't think that there would be a move by the deadline), but when Dave Smith asked Rambis about his thoughts, Rambis said something like that teams are always looking to improve, but that it takes two willing partners to make a trade.

Put Rambis' comment together with Mitch's discussion with Simers a couple of days ago, and it's clear that the Lakers are actively looking to upgrade their roster before the deadline.

Unfortunately, the Lakers don't have much to offer in terms of talent or high draft picks, so maybe Jeannie was telling the truth when she apparently said that she doubted that there would be a trade by the deadline.

Or it's possible that Mitch (who's afraid of losing his job) and the coaching staff (who want more talent) are pushing for a trade, while the Buss family is extremely hesitant to take the financial and character risks associated with players such as K-Mart, Gooden, etc.

Or Lionel might be right, and the Lakers are trying to avoid reducing their negotiating leverage. The Lakers also probably want to reduce their players' anxiety regarding potential moves.
Serious NBA Fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:
Smokescreen.

Yep.

No... Lowering expectations.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject:

raffi wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
sodapoppenski wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
raffi wrote:

Talk about bandwagoners.

Agreed.

And so far, I'm right - though it's painful as hell to admit. That 8th seed is really something to aspire to . . . I'm sure you've topped out too. I'll have fries with that coke.

It's hilarious how you're saying "Waaaaahhhhhh Don't judge me, I'm a Laker fan true and true. Waaaaaahhhhh Stop picking on me cause you don't know me" and then you turn around and start your BS about juding other people. Damn hypocrite.

And you were right about nothing. All you've been doing is pissing and moaning. If those are the qualifications for being right, then I'd rather be wrong. Keep at it whiner.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject:

raffi wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
sodapoppenski wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
raffi wrote:

Talk about bandwagoners.

Agreed.

Fries?

Coke?

Did they probe you when they took you up to Cassell's planet?
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Keep Lamar .

We need him as a trade bait

Minnesota has just lost to Toronto at home..

They are 22-29, almost out of the race.

KG could explode soon
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject:

I can see Slava, George, and, or Walton, in some kind of trade, for a PG, that can come in, and attempt to keep us together.

I can also see us waiving McKie, Green, or Wafer.

Last edited by LakersSpirit on Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
raffi wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
raffi wrote:

Talk about bandwagoners.

I actually expected a little better from you - looks like you've sunk to the level of these others.

Thanks for taking the quote out of context - true colors shining through.

I'm wrong . . . the Shaq trade was pure genius. And our roster is in great shape - the best $60 million can buy. I hope you guys are never in charge of something important - it'll be sure to fail.

Yep. Since keeping Shaq at 30+ million is a nice idea. :roll:

We've debated this in a recent thread you may not have read - so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Quote:
90% of the members on this board aren't arguing whether it was better to keep Kobe or Shaq. The clear majority agree that Shaq had to go. The problem many of us have (and that number has been steadily increasing as wisdom and reality seeps in) has to do with what we got back in the trade and why. It is clear that we acquired pieces that didn't realistically fit any long or short term plan to become championship caliber (the entire 07 plan was about one guy . . . Amare. And he ain't coming.).

We didn't get expiring Ks, we didn't get impact players, we didn't acquire athleticism we could keep, we didn't get young cheap talent that could play (Haslem), we didn't get players with trade value (Eddie Jones) and we didn't get better. And it isn't just the money - the real killer is having to wait until 07 (now 08 if we have indeed guaranteed Kwame's 3rd year) to have any chance to add to the roster.

And I don't care if we had gotten a sack of potatoes for him - but not at the cost of tying up my cap for 3 years. Instead we added overpaid junk, and overpaid not-so-junk to our roster, while adding a year of cap inflexibility. And that's a good thing? You've got to be kidding me.

And if you're telling me that was the ONLY way we were keeping Kobe, then I wish everybody would please stop whining about Kobe's lack of help. He did it to himself.

And by the way, the infamous "time constraint" was self-imposed. Shaq had zero leverage. The timing issue had more to do with Kobe - which is truly unfortunate, because he's now left with a talentless roster. They should have promised Kobe that they would move Shaq, but only at the right time and on the right terms. This would've been in the best interests of the team and Kobe. Instead, they panicked. They acted in haste and got a bunch of waste.

My proper contention is that it didn't need to be this difficult - we've made the job of rebuilding much tougher on ourselves. Despite the past successes (for which I am eternally grateful), it doesn't excuse such a horrifically stupid and one sided transaction. And having Kobe and nothing else on the horizon doesn't make me feel any better - we're a lot further than one player away. Because if this is about winning championships, it's the wrong way to go about it.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, its very fishy that they would absolutely shut down any possiblity of a trade...why in the world, when this team OBVIOUSLY needs help would they say..."no trade"...I mean that is absurd. As dumb as these people might be, they are by no means stunted. Something is in the works, whether it happens or not is another story...lets just hope to everything that is holy that Jack Haley doesn't have an "inside scoop" at half time tonight
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Ok, my bad raffi. I understand your POV. Even if I don't agree with it, I can definitely see your side of things.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject:

insidepresence wrote:
Honestly, its very fishy that they would absolutely shut down any possiblity of a trade...why in the world, when this team OBVIOUSLY needs help would they say..."no trade"...I mean that is absurd. As dumb as these people might be, they are by no means stunted. Something is in the works, whether it happens or not is another story...lets just hope to everything that is holy that Jack Haley doesn't have an "inside scoop" at half time tonight

Poor Jack. He'll never live it down with us Lakers fans.
popowapu
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject:

From what I've heard a deal is about to be closed. Not making any insider claims, but take it for what it is. Heard it from someone credible whom I trust, and was assured that a deal is about to be closed.

Just don't put your hopes up too high, and take this post as you would other posts. Don't believe anything until it's backed up by facts. And in this case, until it has been announced. But I'm positive that we're going to see changes very very soon.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject:

pop you mean closed as in done, about to happen, or closed as in dead?
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
raffi wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
sodapoppenski wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
raffi wrote:

Talk about bandwagoners.

Agreed.

It's hilarious how you're saying "Waaaaahhhhhh Don't judge me, I'm a Laker fan true and true. Waaaaaahhhhh Stop picking on me cause you don't know me" and then you turn around and start your BS about juding other people. Damn hypocrite.

And you were right about nothing. All you've been doing is pissing and moaning. If those are the qualifications for being right, then I'd rather be wrong. Keep at it whiner.

I think that rain you keep aspiring to be is really about the tears in your eyes - you seem to have an obsession.

The first post was not directed to you - you've already shown yourself to be an idiot in prior threads, by making it personal. You don't get the benefit of the doubt.
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject:

sodapoppenski wrote:
raffi wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
sodapoppenski wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
raffi wrote:

Talk about bandwagoners.

Agreed.

Fries?

Coke?

Did they probe you when they took you up to Cassell's planet?

It wasn't directed at you, but I'll give you a hint: the drive-thru window at Micky D's - I hear it rains a lot there.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject:

raffi wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
raffi wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
sodapoppenski wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
raffi wrote:

Talk about bandwagoners.

Agreed.

I think that rain you keep aspiring to be is really about the tears in your eyes - you seem to have an obsession.

The first post was not directed to you - you've already shown yourself to be an idiot in prior threads, by making it personal. You don't get the benefit of the doubt.

Whatever dude. Stop quoting others if you don't want to direct posts towards them. You've been exposed as a hypocrite by asking others not to judge you and you doing the same to others. As for making it personal, you started the insults with your little tidbit about fries and coke. Seriously man, I don't need anything from you, so don't think you're God's gift to mankind. Whiners will be whiners and nothing is needed from them.
popowapu
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject:

insidepresence wrote:

That the deal is turning out positively. Again, I'm not claiming insider status. Just got this from someone close to me who's in the news biz. I can't vouch on the accuracy of this little tidbit he shared with me, but I trust him still. That's why I'm telling you to take this as you would other rumors. We'll know if there's truth in it, very very soon as he told me. But no names were disclosed. And I respect him enough not to push it. But again, I just heard this. I am no insider and am no way connected to the Laker organization. So take this as it is. Nothing more than a rumor. No guarantees.
CrimsonLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Actually they've said they don't anticipate trades before and they've actually been truthful.

That being said, if Lionel says its still on, we should just trust lionel until he says that it isn't on anymore.
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject:

popowapu wrote:
insidepresence wrote:

That the deal is turning out positively. Again, I'm not claiming insider status. Just got this from someone close to me who's in the news biz. I can't vouch on the accuracy of this little tidbit he shared with me, but I trust him still. That's why I'm telling you to take this as you would other rumors. We'll know if there's truth in it, very very soon as he told me. But no names were disclosed. And I respect him enough not to push it. But again, I just heard this. I am no insider and am no way connected to the Laker organization. So take this as it is. Nothing more than a rumor. No guarantees.

Do you know the specifics? Are you hearing Kmart + Lenard for Mihm + George + Slava? That's what I've got. With so many people claiming insider status, it almost seems funny. At this point, someone leaking the actual trade doesn't seem to make any difference. It would get lost. BTW, I'm not claiming anything at all. Above is simply what I think the trade is.

Edit: Again kids. This is just my guess from what I've read around here. Nothing more.

Last edited by Ank on Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
Ok, my bad raffi. I understand your POV. Even if I don't agree with it, I can definitely see your side of things.

Thanks - no harm done.

Sorry if you got caught in the crossfire - I'm just tired of the childish, personal attacks whenever there is disagreement on a topic. I just decided to fight back tonight - not that it makes it right. I apologize for acting out of character tonight - it's been a long day.

I try and remember that we're on the same team, even if we don't always see eye to eye. Regardless, I appreciate the passion, loyalty and knowledge on this site. And in the end, we want the best for the franchise and the fans.
popowapu
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Ank wrote:
popowapu wrote:
insidepresence wrote:

Do you know the specifics? Are you hearing Kmart + Lenard for Mihm + George + Slava? That's what I've got. With so many people claiming insider status, it almost seems funny. At this point, someone leaking the actual trade doesn't seem to make any difference. It would get lost. BTW, I'm not claiming anything at all. Above is simply what I think the trade is.

I won't add a thing to what I've heard. No, I asked for names but was given none. But said very very close so it stuck. I interpret that as in a couple of hours or a day I'm going to hear an announcement. So that's it. Not an insider, just someone who heard something from someone. I trust him that there's truth in it. Because of his cred in the media. But that's it. Take it for what it is. I just hope though that if he's right, it's for an impact player and not a normal role player. I'm a big Laker fan and I want what's best for this team. Too bad I can't give you any names. I could have shared it. But was just given a hint. No specifics aside from the timeframe. So take this as what it is. A rumor. Hope emplay and those other guys w/ "proven" connections can confirm this.
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject:

K.Mart for Mihm and George is not a good trade.

It's a lateral move and hurts even more our depht because we lose two valuable players for one and we take an injury prone player.

Not counting hurting cap space forever.

I hope the trade is different.
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject:

popowapu wrote:
Ank wrote:
popowapu wrote:
insidepresence wrote:

I won't add a thing to what I've heard. No, I asked for names but was given none. But said very very close so it stuck. I interpret that as in a couple of hours or a day I'm going to hear an announcement. So that's it. Not an insider, just someone who heard something from someone. I trust him that there's truth in it. Because of his cred in the media. But that's it. Take it for what it is. I just hope though that if he's right, it's for an impact player and not a normal role player. I'm a big Laker fan and I want what's best for this team. Too bad I can't give you any names. I could have shared it. But was just given a hint. No specifics aside from the timeframe. So take this as what it is. A rumor. Hope emplay and those other guys w/ "proven" connections can confirm this.

popowapu=kinglaker from CL?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: