JEANIE: "I don't think there will be a move by the deadline"..........Jeanie Buss + Kurt Rambis On 1540 The Ticket...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject:

rebirth wrote:
popowapu wrote:
Ank wrote:
popowapu wrote:
insidepresence wrote:
pop you mean closed as in done, about to happen, or closed as in dead?

That the deal is turning out positively. Again, I'm not claiming insider status. Just got this from someone close to me who's in the news biz. I can't vouch on the accuracy of this little tidbit he shared with me, but I trust him still. That's why I'm telling you to take this as you would other rumors. We'll know if there's truth in it, very very soon as he told me. But no names were disclosed. And I respect him enough not to push it. But again, I just heard this. I am no insider and am no way connected to the Laker organization. So take this as it is. Nothing more than a rumor. No guarantees.

Do you know the specifics? Are you hearing Kmart + Lenard for Mihm + George + Slava? That's what I've got. With so many people claiming insider status, it almost seems funny. At this point, someone leaking the actual trade doesn't seem to make any difference. It would get lost. BTW, I'm not claiming anything at all. Above is simply what I think the trade is.

I won't add a thing to what I've heard. No, I asked for names but was given none. But said very very close so it stuck. I interpret that as in a couple of hours or a day I'm going to hear an announcement. So that's it. Not an insider, just someone who heard something from someone. I trust him that there's truth in it. Because of his cred in the media. But that's it. Take it for what it is. I just hope though that if he's right, it's for an impact player and not a normal role player. I'm a big Laker fan and I want what's best for this team. Too bad I can't give you any names. I could have shared it. But was just given a hint. No specifics aside from the timeframe. So take this as what it is. A rumor. Hope emplay and those other guys w/ "proven" connections can confirm this.

popowapu=kinglaker from CL?

Naw. KingLaker is the infamous 2.0 of old from LG. Actually, 2.0 goes by Lakeshow_08 on LT. They are all one and the same.

Jake Speed, 1986
popowapu
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject:

rebirth wrote:
popowapu wrote:
Ank wrote:
popowapu wrote:
insidepresence wrote:
pop you mean closed as in done, about to happen, or closed as in dead?

That the deal is turning out positively. Again, I'm not claiming insider status. Just got this from someone close to me who's in the news biz. I can't vouch on the accuracy of this little tidbit he shared with me, but I trust him still. That's why I'm telling you to take this as you would other rumors. We'll know if there's truth in it, very very soon as he told me. But no names were disclosed. And I respect him enough not to push it. But again, I just heard this. I am no insider and am no way connected to the Laker organization. So take this as it is. Nothing more than a rumor. No guarantees.

Do you know the specifics? Are you hearing Kmart + Lenard for Mihm + George + Slava? That's what I've got. With so many people claiming insider status, it almost seems funny. At this point, someone leaking the actual trade doesn't seem to make any difference. It would get lost. BTW, I'm not claiming anything at all. Above is simply what I think the trade is.

I won't add a thing to what I've heard. No, I asked for names but was given none. But said very very close so it stuck. I interpret that as in a couple of hours or a day I'm going to hear an announcement. So that's it. Not an insider, just someone who heard something from someone. I trust him that there's truth in it. Because of his cred in the media. But that's it. Take it for what it is. I just hope though that if he's right, it's for an impact player and not a normal role player. I'm a big Laker fan and I want what's best for this team. Too bad I can't give you any names. I could have shared it. But was just given a hint. No specifics aside from the timeframe. So take this as what it is. A rumor. Hope emplay and those other guys w/ "proven" connections can confirm this.

popowapu=kinglaker from CL?

I don't know if that's supposed to a good thing or bad. But I'm not kinglaker. I think I've read that name somewhere, but don't remember the particulars of that nickname. If anyone can tell me who kinglaker is and what he's done I'd appreciate it.

And again, I'm not claiming insider status so if this deal actually goes through, I have nothing to gain. Just wanted to share this as a Laker fan and I hope that there's truth in it. I'll be disappointed big time if it turned out to be false. Again, I am no insider. I just heard this from someone I trust. So that's it. That's why I'm hoping that any of the "legit" insiders can actually either back up this rumor or refute it.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject:

sodapoppenski wrote:
raffi wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
sodapoppenski wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
raffi wrote:
Personally, I'd rather see this team mired in mediocrity, while so many of the experts pontificate about this magical plan they believe in (09 anyone?). Face it - barring a miracle, this organization is done.

I give you...the most PATHETIC post of the year!

Talk about bandwagoners.

Agreed.

If your loyalties are that thin, go back on tour and sing about Baby Baluga.

I can't wait till he's proven wrong

And so far, I'm right - though it's painful as hell to admit. That 8th seed is really something to aspire to . . . I'm sure you've topped out too. I'll have fries with that coke.

Fries?

Coke?

Did they probe you when they took you up to Cassell's planet?
Kinda makes you wish you could personally dropkick a few right off the bandwagon, doesn't it LJ?
pgbball
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject:

raffi wrote:
Lionel The Laker wrote:
It makes no sense to announce you have players on the trading block. That's how you get lowballed.

No, that would never happen to us . . . oh, it already did? So that's why we $uck.

Actually, although I think it's unlikely that they'll make a trade, why would anyone put any stock in what Jeanie says? The next "management" meeting she attends will be her first. I don't think Hartman or Ireland should be relied on either.

But more importantly, do you realistically think a trade is going to make this team significantly better? Plus, with our recent trade history, there is no way anyone can have confidence that we'll be on the winning side of any transaction. Personally, I'd rather see this team mired in mediocrity, while so many of the experts pontificate about this magical plan they believe in (09 anyone?). Face it - barring a miracle, this organization is done.

Your frustration and disappointment is understandable but your perspective seems out of touch.

Either you use the word miracle too loosely or blow things way out of proportion.

Since you are a die-hard Laker fan and would know the answer to this, I would like to ask you a question?

What basketball organization has been more successful than the Lakers since 1979 when Mr. Buss took over from Jack Kent Cooke?

Being a Laker fan for over 35 years, I have seen ups and downs from this organization (mostly ups if you compare the Lakers over any other NBA team during the previous 27 years). Consider that even the mighty Boston Celtics, along with the Lakers arguably one of the most successful NBA franchises the last 60 years, have been mired in mediocrity since the Bird years (80's).

As a Laker fan, I still have high hopes for the organization as long as Mr. Jerry Buss owns and controls the decisions for this team. He will continue to make mistakes, like every person on this planet, but I'd take his mistakes over any other owner given his track record for the last 27 years. You have the right to your opinions but I am willing to contend that most true Laker fans do not agree with your last statement.
drew4lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
drew4lakers wrote:
I think they are playing it safe.

if they say there is no trade coming, then fans are more prepared if nothing happens.

Plus if they say a trade will happen, then they have to get into who the Lakers might be getting and who they'd be giving up. They could haley the deal and get players on the team looking over their shoulders.

I'm sure almost every player on the Lakers will breather easier on Feb. 24.

No matter what happens, fans will too. Either you'll be pissed nothing happened, complaining about what did happen, or thinking each new player could be an All Star next year. (A little exageration there )

For those that argue nothing will happen, they have history to back them up. For those that argue something will happen, jax has been supportive, even pushing for changes so the argument that the new player/s wouldn't be used doesn't carry as much weight.

It would be naive to assume the guessing games will end on the 24th. Instead the focus will shift to the draft and off season moves. But from here on out, no matter what anyone says, the tension is going to grow thicker by the day. Rumors will explode into huge threads with those excited by the possibility, those disgusted by the proposals, and those who don't want to get their hopes up.

But really, unless they were announcing a trade, I wouldn't have expected a different reply.

The Lakers are unusual in that so many other teams have a vested interest in ruining their plans. Thats fear and memory of such total domination for such a long period of time. Other GMs can be more open and candid because they don't have such a huge target on their back.

We have to try and remember that. As much as i would like to see the Lakers be more candid, they can't afford to be. Thats how our history works against us. I'm sure they aren't planning any trades. But if the right one comes along they will. And if the wrong one comes along I hope they don't.

You know, I don't recall ever having read one of your posts, but this is just superb and well thought out.

Excellent. Keep posting, please. I love calm, rational, well-thought out opinions vs. emotional, tantrumy posts. We just don't get enough of these types around here.

Thanks LakerJam. I try to "post" within the flow of the game, but I'm not surprised that i usually fly under the radar. More than a few times, I end up writing towards the end of a thread - not on purpose - so they may get lost in the shuffle or i'm a thread killer.

I save newspaper articles of Laker trades, training camps, history etc, or get copies of them from microfilm at the library. Some even go as far back as 1960.

it gives me a different perspective because so many times i see the same reactions, but get to zoom ahead to see how it all ended. So no matter what is happening now, more than likely its happened at least once before -- if not several times before.

I enjoy reading your posts, and a lot of those from others here - and am more likely to do that tha post myself -- but I have been here since mid-2002.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: