why didn't the FO and coaching staff like D'angelo?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GreekTrojan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject:

Its not a black and white thing. I don't think the Lakers were actively looking to dump Russell for literally anything they could get but its clear for all of the issues listed in this topic that there were real questions about him that made him a non-essential piece and they figured Lopez+cap space put the team in a better position than potentially having to resign Russell two years from now. And as much as I hate B. Scott, it wasn't just him that questioned Russell. Colin Cowherd mentioned on his show today that he knows that Luke really didn't like Russell either (and Colin is not the guy who makes up rumors for radio play like a lot of local hacks).

I wish that we hadn't done those two terrible deals last year (and I love Mitch) so that we had to give up on Russell's potential but this wasn't some dumb, desperation trade.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

GreekTrojan wrote:
Its not a black and white thing. I don't think the Lakers were actively looking to dump Russell for literally anything they could get but its clear for all of the issues listed in this topic that there were real questions about him that made him a non-essential piece and they figured Lopez+cap space put the team in a better position than potentially having to resign Russell two years from now. And as much as I hate B. Scott, it wasn't just him that questioned Russell. Colin Cowherd mentioned on his show today that he knows that Luke really didn't like Russell either (and Colin is not the guy who makes up rumors for radio play like a lot of local hacks).

I wish that we hadn't done those two terrible deals last year (and I love Mitch) so that we had to give up on Russell's potential but this wasn't some dumb, desperation trade.

mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
In a Nutshell Why DLo was Traded.

Hated the trade, but that made me laugh. We all need to laugh, I guess. I keep telling myself it's just sports.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

GreekTrojan wrote:

Agree with most of your post, but Cowherd absolutely makes things up for radio play. After Sarkisian was fired, he swore up and down that USC was going to hire a "big name" from the Big 12. We all know how that worked out.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
How many 20 year olds with a minutes restriction need PRP injections for their bad knees?

Of all the reasons...this is the realest...

We gonna be running moving forward. Need guys that can run and not have to fly to Germany before they're 29.

He actually might be awesome in the Triangle.

#BannersOverBillboards
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject:

mirak wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
In a Nutshell Why DLo was Traded.

Hated the trade, but that made me laugh. We all need to laugh, I guess. I keep telling myself it's just sports.

40 years watching professional sports and that's actually worse than the Sanchize Butt Fumble...never seen that on a court...had Magic started consulting by that point?

And...who in the hell are you yelling at after you do some ish like that?

EDIT: So this happened on March 13th...Magic was hired on Feb 21st...

Guess somethings can't be unseen.

#BannersOverBillboards
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Wino wrote:
trablos wrote:
Are we gona dump lonzo too when hes not a "leader" by his second year?

If he is NOT growing in the right direction and he has a smart mouth and creates problems with his other teammates then yeah, we might!!

Funny how some people figure that DLO may not have been the best employee while others think Magic is now a megalomaniac.

I will go with the former, you can lap up the latter and good luck with that!

Do you have anything to support the fact those assertions about dlo besides the massively overblow n.young incident? Even young said they are cool and they had great chemistry on the court together.

By all accounts russel got along with everyone, clarkson, randle, nance (check out his twitter). No way he was a lockerroom cancer.

Ok so he got along with everyone what about his work ethic? We heard many snippets and reports of his late night shooting and extra workouts, was he the hardest working guy on our team? Probably not, that might be randle (who is also about to get shipped). So what gives?

Its looking more and more like Magic and Rob are ditching the rebuild just to chase some household names. After they spent months preaching patience and confidence in our youth, THATS what I feel most of us who dislike this trade are pissed about.

The POINT IS, you and I don't know. Magic, Rob and Luke know and they are the ones who traded him. You either figure they had a good reason for what they did or they don't and are a-holes for doing it. Your assertions are agenda laden and full of BS. Mine are simply that I trust our FO's motives, believe they want us to win and are trying to make moves to get us there. Something that I actually don't believe Jim was doing. He was doing things to protect his scalp in the short term and couldn't even do that well.

So they trade him, it's over. I for one say, let's move on.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Report: Mavs didn’t want to give up No. 9 pick for D’Angelo Russell.

Did the Lakers get the best possible offer?

Reports also saying that DLO was always attached to getting rid of Moz. So yeah, no way to know what DLO himself would have fetched. But who else on this team would get you back Brook (a 20ppg expiring deal) and a pick, while dumping Moz? Obviously not Ingram and #2.

Yin my man.. you gotta let it go.. As many here have been trying to communicate to the Russell guys.. You guys have an over inflated sense of his value. And these past few days have proved it. When we said he isn't the most valued among our assets among league personnel. "How do you know" When we said the front office doesn't see him as our most valued asset. "How do you know".. We couldn't crack a top 25 pick in this draft with him. KP is made available and the league blows a gasket, we make Russell available, no one cared. I think it may have hurt some of your feelings when this reality was realized.

For you to try to spin this as "who else on this team" would have fetched Brook is laughable. C'mon boss.. I mean c'mon lol..

I hope the kid turns it around, but he's not half as valuable as many of you believed him to be. And that was proven when we tried to cash in on him.
ice_cold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Reports also saying that DLO was always attached to getting rid of Moz. So yeah, no way to know what DLO himself would have fetched. But who else on this team would get you back Brook (a 20ppg expiring deal) and a pick, while dumping Moz? Obviously not Ingram and #2.

Yin my man.. you gotta let it go.. As many here have been trying to communicate to the Russell guys.. You guys have an over inflated sense of his value. And these past few days have proved it. When we said he isn't the most valued among our assets among league personnel. "How do you know" When we said the front office doesn't see him as our most valued asset. "How do you know".. We couldn't crack a top 25 pick in this draft with him. KP is made available and the league blows a gasket, we make Russell available, no one cared. I think it may have hurt some of your feelings when this reality was realized.

For you to try to spin this as "who else on this team" would have fetched Brook is laughable. C'mon boss.. I mean c'mon lol..

I hope the kid turns it around, but he's not half as valuable as many of you believed him to be. And that was proven when we tried to cash in on him.

His market value right now is low as the recent reports of no interest in him (assuming true) indicate. You're right. But market value at a given point in time and talent level are different things. A good situation is crucial . For whatever reason it seems the fit with DAR and Lakers was not good. Because of this as well as other reasons I am ok with trade. But do I take DARs ceiling to be what he was able to show on a team that has not gelled and does not play with a lot of cohesion -yet - under a disaster of a coach and then under a rookie coach whose only prior NBA coaching experience was on a team with Steph Curry as PG? No I don't take the past two years to be good indication of his ceiling .

And I like Luke but he was never going to be the coach that got through to DAR
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
How many 20 year olds with a minutes restriction need PRP injections for their bad knees?

Considering it's a relatively new therapy, I don't know how alarming this should be. In a couple years, it might a standard treatment for a knee injury to enhance recovery.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Considering it's a relatively new therapy, I don't know how alarming this should be. In a couple years, it might a standard treatment for a knee injury to enhance recovery.

Then allow me to rephrase...

'How many 20 year old professional athletes NEED PRP Injections?'

#BannersOverBillboards
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject:

ice_cold wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

His market value right now is low as the recent reports of no interest in him (assuming true) indicate. You're right. But market value at a given point in time and talent level are different things. A good situation is crucial . For whatever reason it seems the fit with DAR and Lakers was not good. Because of this as well as other reasons I am ok with trade. But do I take DARs ceiling to be what he was able to show on a team that has not gelled and does not play with a lot of cohesion -yet - under a disaster of a coach and then under a rookie coach whose only prior NBA coaching experience was on a team with Steph Curry as PG? No I don't take the past two years to be good indication of his ceiling .

And I like Luke but he was never going to be the coach that got through to DAR

I actually agree.. All I'm saying is he isn't worth half as much as some people in this forum thought he was. And it was proven, when Lakers had trouble getting a good pick for him.

We had a thread where we speculated how other teams would rank this draft along with Ingram and Russell. The Russell guys all had him above Ingram and in the top 4, some even number 1. I'll reiterate we couldn't get a top 20 pick for him. That's telling.

Being humbled may actually change his mindset, and push him to be more receptive to instruction. If so he'll have a solid career.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject:

I believe a lot of folks on this forum should apologize to Emplay (Eric Pincus) about all the crap he got after reporting on first hand the concerns this franchise had with D'Angelo Russell work ethic.

I was shocked with reactions because Emplay is a long time member that is also a moderator and has more access to what is happening than most so called experts we have here and among other things he was called a liar and someone with an agenda.

That kind of treatment was absolutely unfair, I believe we have the privilege to have among us folks like Emplay and LarryCoon. Neither have demonstrated any personal agendas, just precious info for this community.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
I believe a lot of folks on this forum should apologize to Emplay (Eric Pincus) about all the crap he got after reporting on first hand the concerns this franchise had with D'Angelo Russell work ethic.

I was shocked with reactions because Emplay is a long time member that is also a moderator and has more access to what is happening than most so called experts we have here and among other things he was called a liar and someone with an agenda.

That kind of treatment was absolutely unfair, I believe we have the privilege to have among us folks like Emplay and LarryCoon. Neither have demonstrated any personal agendas, just precious info for this community.

xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject:

http://i.imgur.com/dTzA8pA.gifv
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:

I think most of those apologist are emotionally attached to a player who has not really done anything to be in a purple and gold lore.

I was not here when it happened but

Good riddance.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:

These folks are way too dug in on DLO and I had no idea it was that serious. These last 48 hours have been absolutely stunning to watch. And the crazy thing is...nobody OUTSIDE THIS ROOM sees what they see when it comes to DLO. Walk in the Lounge, DLO is the re-invention of the wheel. He is the best thing since sliced bread. Walk outside, DLO is a capable player. Using him to free up space was worth it for the possible payoff. I haven't seen a meltdown like this on LG since the Shaq and Kobe divorce. That was UGLY, but understandable because it was Shaq and Kobe. This right here...I don't know what the hell this is.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12
Jump to: