OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 406, 407, 408 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

I just hope he continues to rebound and to improve on the defensive end. If he stagnates like Clarkson did after a promising start, I'd be pretty disappointed.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
I just hope he continues to rebound and to improve on the defensive end. If he stagnates like Clarkson did after a promising start, I'd be pretty disappointed.

If he gets going on offense, everything else (defense, rebounding) improves. Even when Ingram gets back. Against certain teams we should go to Kuzma early and often in the 1st. Alot of starting PFs can't guard him with our style of play. And since we play so fast, he'll get alot of cross matchups guarding him as well.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Kuzma said on @SpectrumSN
that he hasn't been focused on scoring:

“Recently I really haven’t thought about scoring too much because I know that comes naturally. I’m really just trying to defend, rebound and try to find my teammates because I know scoring is going to be there."

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1071615576093511680

Last edited by 32 on Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

“Recently I really haven’t thought about scoring too much because I know that comes naturally. I’m really just trying to defend, rebound and try to find my teammates because I know scoring is going to be there."

(bleep) yeah!
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

While Ingram and his supporters are b*tching about how to juggle the lineup to best fit Ingram. Kuz gets it, it’s not a hard game to play when you have someone like LeBron on the team.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

While Ingram and his supporters are b*tching about how to juggle the lineup to best fit Ingram. Kuz gets it, it’s not a hard game to play when you have someone like LeBron on the team.

The fact that you label it as "Ingram and his supporters" says way more about you then any Ingram fans on this sub, but go off
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject:

I again believe the team would be best with Ingram off the bench. Play him 35 mpg but as 6th man. Kuz is a more logical fit next to Lebron and Ingram excels when he can dominate the ball with LJB on the bench.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

when has ingram b*tched about it? seems like his fans/haters are the only ones b*tching
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

when has ingram b*tched about it? seems like his fans/haters are the only ones b*tching

Well, to be fair, we all know SocalDevin is actually Ingram's burner
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject:

another very mature discussion
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
32 wrote:
Kyle Kuzma shoots over the backboard and scores

That was very Kobe-esque

Takes a lot of confidence to even try that shot. Good for him.

I also thought that Kobe might’ve thought him that move complete with the pump fake. Nice footwork by Kuz.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:45 am    Post subject:

OCLakeShow wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
KUZ looks like he’s returned to his form from last season, but with better D and better playmaking. I love it. I hope he can keep it up.

--Anonymous
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:08 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

That's how you do it, kid.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:26 am    Post subject:

It would be fantastic if Kuzma becomes our homegrown star.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject:

Not sure if posted already, but Lowe on Kuz:

Quote:
The Lakers have scored 1.06 points per possession when Kuzma shoots out of the post, or passes to a teammate who shoots right away -- 33rd among 112 players who have recorded at least 15 post-ups, per Second Spectrum.
Kuzma has been feistier over the past two weeks chasing wings on the other end. Good thing, because LeBron is firmly in "chill on the weakest offensive player regardless of position" mode until crunch time.
One Laker wrinkle to watch: Both Kuzma and Lonzo Ball have played almost all their minutes with LeBron since Rajon Rondo busted his hand last month. When they all rest, Luke Walton goes without a traditional point guard, using Brandon Ingram in that role. That is what a lot of us craved: Unleash Ingram!
But the offense has looked gummy, and the numbers agree: 100.6 points per 100 possessions with Point Ingram since Rondo's injury -- about equivalent to the league's clankiest team. Maybe it's time to hand Lonzo the offense in those minutes? (They may do this anyway after Ingram sprained his ankle Wednesday.)

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25470903/10-things-like-including-bucks-weakness-nba
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject:

How Kyle Kuzma has improved as a playmaker

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/12/10/18133187/laker-film-room-kyle-kuzma-improved-playmaker-lakers-video-breakdown-twitter-stats
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject:

Thanks GT. Nice job.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

What's crazy to me is that Kuzma is averaging now the same assists/game as Brandon Ingram who has been playing as a secondary point guard/forward for much of the season.

May not be long before he surpasses Ingram in dishes per game. Awesome development in Kuzma's game.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
What's crazy to me is that Kuzma is averaging now the same assists/game as Brandon Ingram who has been playing as a secondary point guard/forward for much of the season.

May not be long before he surpasses Ingram in dishes per game. Awesome development in Kuzma's game.

Kuz's development as a possible #2 option has been a revelation. It will be interesting to see whether the Lakers continue to go to him as the #2 option when BI returns.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Kuz's development as a possible #2 option has been a revelation. It will be interesting to see whether the Lakers continue to go to him as the #2 option when BI returns.

They should. Kuz has shown that ability. He’s also making strides defensively. But I think both can be number 2 option based on matchups..(
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject:

I've used the Rashard Lewis comp before but he is starting to play like a taller Klay lately. He's probably too streaky to be a true #2, but if he can always have an impact on the glass, defense, and moving the ball, he's a top-flight #3 guy on a good playoff team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
I've used the Rashard Lewis comp before but he is starting to play like a taller Klay lately. He's probably too streaky to be a true #2, but if he can always have an impact on the glass, defense, and moving the ball, he's a top-flight #3 guy on a good playoff team.

2 more cost controlled years after this too...and at the 27th pick. Noice.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

A lot of players talk about how their main interest is to help the team win, but in the back of their heads it's all about themselves and how their stats are going to look when contract talks come about. Kuzma on the other hand impresses me as he is willing to put in the work in other areas that are not so much noticed, like defense, rebounding and fitting in a system with a super star. That really tells me he's about winning.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject:

At this point, I’ve gone from thinking he has the lowest ceiling of the young core to the second highest. The newfound unselfishness and defense is a joy to watch. Him and Hart were absolute steals and have been the best of the young core this year. I’m eating some tasty crow with my Clarkson comparisons. Never thought I’d say this, but maybe Stephan A was right about him being LeBrons second star.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
A lot of players talk about how their main interest is to help the team win, but in the back of their heads it's all about themselves and how their stats are going to look when contract talks come about. Kuzma on the other hand impresses me as he is willing to put in the work in other areas that are not so much noticed, like defense, rebounding and fitting in a system with a super star. That really tells me he's about winning.

I think everybody the Lakers took in that draft share that mindset and it’s paying dividends on the court.

Last edited by BigGameHames on Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 406, 407, 408 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 407 of 880
Jump to: