OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 412, 413, 414 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject:

I’m really liking the way Kuzma has improved. He doesn’t get nearly enough steals blocks and assists, but he is slowly becoming a complete player. Maybe he won’t turn into Clarkson after all.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
I’m really liking the way Kuzma has improved. He doesn’t get nearly enough steals blocks and assists, but he is slowly becoming a complete player. Maybe he won’t turn into Clarkson after all.

He has great self awareness than JC ever did. Seems to have a pretty strong emotional IQ too and is improving his BBALL IQ by the game.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject:

Man. There was a series there where we were down or the game was close towards the end. I think Lebron scored, then Kuz scored on the next possession and it totally felt like a 1-2 punch to me. The two big dawgs putting the team on their backs to deliver the win.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Doc JC wrote:
Kuzma and Lebron are already seemingly attached at the hip in rotations. Both go in and out together it seems. Walton isn’t an idiot. Clearly he sees how well they fit together as well.

It’s already a done deal. Move on from the conversation.

The question is Hart vs BI.

Is it really a question?
.L. James, .B. Ingram, .L. Ball, .K. Kuzma
ORTG: 104.0
DRTG: 101.5
NET RTG: 2.5

.L. James, .L. Ball, .K. Kuzma, .J. Hart
ORTG: 110.9
DRTG: 98.3

For 5 man lineups, with Javale:
Ingram: +0.2
Hart: +10.7

With Tyson (smaller sample sizes):
Ingram: +3.1
Hart: +31.2

I just don't see how it's a question, unless your goal is to give Ingram minutes at the expense of the team.

No it’s not a question. BI needs to go to the bench and it was pretty clear even just 5 games into the season. Hopefully Luke sees this. For a team that wanted to be positionless they are considerable better when they put out lineups including a PG/SG/F/F/C. Don’t be stubborn Luke, you’ve seen a large enough sample size to make the adjustment.
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:

Kuz getting a lot of love from the media this morning as potentially the second star the Lakers are looking for.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Kuz getting a lot of love from the media this morning as potentially the second star the Lakers are looking for.

Which means Ingram is either feeling shunned or inspired. It will be important to determine which it is. So far, it looks like Ingram is the odd man out, and will end up trade bait.
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
pokoy wrote:

Which means Ingram is either feeling shunned or inspired. It will be important to determine which it is. So far, it looks like Ingram is the odd man out, and will end up trade bait.

They did say they don't know if Kuzma is a better player than Ingram (personally I think this year so far, he is), but Kuzma fits with Lebron much better. No suprises here though, LG's been saying that from the start.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LawyerShawn wrote:
Ingram, Kuzma, and LeBron don't co-exist well.

Luke needs to take a page out of Phil Jackson's book and stagger them like he did with Lamar Odom, Pau Gasol, and Andrew Bynum.

Ingram has to start, his confidence is lower than Kuzmas, and I am less sure he can handle the blow.

Kuzma, like it or not, has to be our 6th man, while still playing starter minutes.

If a trade for Anthony Davis comes up, we should get rid of one.

I don't understand what more Kuzma would have to do to earn a starting spot.

Retroactively be a #2 pick.

If Kuzma were drafted at #2 and Ingram at #27 this conversation would be a joke.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

Yeah, it's not necessarily a matter of who is a better "player," but who is a better "fit."

BI is much younger so he may need more time. But fit-wise, not even close.
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

I asked the question why he was starting a few games back, looking back now I have to eat my words.

He has stepped up from the chucking he was doing early on in the season, his defense and decision making have improved impressively enough. His shot is also now falling which is always nice to see.

Fits like a glove with ANY superstar let alone the biggest one in LeBron.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LawyerShawn wrote:
Ingram, Kuzma, and LeBron don't co-exist well.

Luke needs to take a page out of Phil Jackson's book and stagger them like he did with Lamar Odom, Pau Gasol, and Andrew Bynum.

Ingram has to start, his confidence is lower than Kuzmas, and I am less sure he can handle the blow.

Kuzma, like it or not, has to be our 6th man, while still playing starter minutes.

If a trade for Anthony Davis comes up, we should get rid of one.

Retroactively be a #2 pick.

If Kuzma were drafted at #2 and Ingram at #27 this conversation would be a joke.

Who knows what BI will eventually become, but right now, there's no way he's objectively a better player than Kuz. BI will probably always be a better defender, but Kuz has taken huge strides on that end over the last 10 games. However, there isn't any other area of the game where BI is objectively better. I guess you can argue that he has tighter handles, but it's mitigated by the fact that BI doesn't have the kind of explosion off the dribble that Kuz has.
Black Sheep
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

Loving the play. Keep it up young fella
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

man i love his game, just effortless

Smooth Criminal
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LawyerShawn wrote:

It's sad that we've come to this kind of position. If BI truly doesn't merit starting, we shouldn't be benching Kuz b/c one player was a #2 pick and hyped a bit more, as well as the possibility that BI would not accept a 6th man role. If we get a 2nd max wing player, I think Kuz probably fits better in that scenario too.

It’s basically politics at this point.

Lakers basically are doing everything they can to make Ingram a star.

From the moment Ingram was drafted by giving Kobe’s old locker to him, then out of respect giving that locker to LeBron once’s he signed but putting Ingram’s locker next to him so he can learn from the greats.

Even trying to get his confidence up from Magic calling him “untouchable” in trades and bringing up Ingram’s name when reporters ask who he thinks will become the young star next to LeBron.

Must be nice being a #2 pick with the Lakers and get all that special treatement from the organization.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject:

What I love about Kuz is that he's starting to develop more and more countermoves.
Flashback
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject:

this dude is like "me, myself and I" and to be a star you need to be like this. I already told last season that this is our best youngster.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
What I love about Kuz is that he's starting to develop more and more countermoves.

I think he's always had the counter moves in terms of his footwork and shotmaking ability. However, his awareness has improved so much. He used to just play at 1 speed and would take the first shot available to him. He's now reading the defense better and using shot fakes, change of direction/speed, etc. to keep the defense off balance, which makes him an absolute nightmare to guard since he's a threat to score from pretty much anywhere.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
PauPau wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
Am I the only one that fears Kuzma might be Clarkson 2.0? High hopes after season 1 but eventually proving that experienced college pros peak very early in NBA careers

No, you're certainly not the only one, I'm sure others agree with you.

It’s been a worry of mine since last year. His floor is higher because of his size but he’s been overrated over the offseason and we’ll soon find out just how overrated he was. Hopefully he hasn’t gone too Hollywood like Clarkson did cause he still has a lot of potential.

BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
PauPau wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
Am I the only one that fears Kuzma might be Clarkson 2.0? High hopes after season 1 but eventually proving that experienced college pros peak very early in NBA careers

No, you're certainly not the only one, I'm sure others agree with you.

It’s been a worry of mine since last year. His floor is higher because of his size but he’s been overrated over the offseason and we’ll soon find out just how overrated he was. Hopefully he hasn’t gone too Hollywood like Clarkson did cause he still has a lot of potential.

Yes we were wrong. I acknowledged that a few pages back.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:

Last week they weren’t saying that. The difference? Now he is making shots where he wasn’t before. He was hot last season and then fell off the cliff. Even if he does that this season, he is still giving a good effort on defense and the boards.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject:

Last 5 games:

25/8/3.4/38.5% from 3s on 7.8 attempts.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject:

As bizarre as it is to say, he's too much to handle inside for most opposing 4's. I think he only scored one basket out of the paint in the 1st half.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
As bizarre as it is to say, he's too much to handle inside for most opposing 4's. I think he only scored one basket out of the paint in the 1st half.

His in-between game is just ridiculous. Combine that with his improved handles and offensive awareness, and he's a nightmare for anyone to guard when he gets in the paint.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject:

Favorite Laker since Pau. Not saying he’s the best, just my favorite. So exciting to watch one of our young guys put it all together while still on the team lol

Hope we get to keep at least one or two of our drafted guys after some inevitable trades over the course of the next year. Having a home grown talent makes the wins just a little bit more special
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

Kuz also moves well without the ball. His floaters and baby hooks in the lane are INCREDIBLE (the kid has a tremendous touch).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 412, 413, 414 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 413 of 880
Jump to: