OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 463, 464, 465 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
32 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
32 wrote:
I think Kuzma is missing LeBron the most. There is more scoring responsibility on his shoulders. That's likely why his 3-point percentage and field goal percentage have fallen since LeBron has been out.

I don't think he's been above 31% all year

It has noticeably fallen since LeBron got injured so I think it had to be higher than 31%.

check his monthly splits, he has 1 month at 31% and the rest below 30%

Yeah but you said he was never over 31%. I am sure there were days / weeks where he was.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
For example his FG% was around 49% before Lebron got injured and now it's down to 46.5%. Like I said Kuz is the best fit with Lebron according to stats. So it's reasonable to say his shooting is being most effected with him out.

Agree on Fg% because Lebron got him those easy looks on cuts.

But not sure if the 3pt% can be explained that way.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
32 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
32 wrote:
I think Kuzma is missing LeBron the most. There is more scoring responsibility on his shoulders. That's likely why his 3-point percentage and field goal percentage have fallen since LeBron has been out.

It has noticeably fallen since LeBron got injured so I think it had to be higher than 31%.

Yeah but you said he was never over 31%. I am sure there were days / weeks where he was.

I’ll run his game log and settle this
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
32 wrote:
For example his FG% was around 49% before Lebron got injured and now it's down to 46.5%. Like I said Kuz is the best fit with Lebron according to stats. So it's reasonable to say his shooting is being most effected with him out.

Agree on Fg% because Lebron got him those easy looks on cuts.

But not sure if the 3pt% can be explained that way.

I think that comes down to comfort and familiarity or chemistry. For example where he likes the ball for a catch and shoot. That takes time to nurture. They have only played like 30 games together.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
32 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
32 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
32 wrote:

Thanks ring.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject:

well here's his % with Lebron active

https://stats.nba.com/player/1628398/shooting/?Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&DateFrom=10%2F18%2F2018&DateTo=12%2F26%2F2018

31.3%

edit: using that date tool ^ , Dec 10-12 he was 32.0% and that's the only stretch above 31%

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
32 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
32 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
32 wrote:

Thanks ring.

Looks like at no time did he 3pt% break the 33% mark. Here is his progressive 3pt shooting percentage. I bolded where he reached his season high. I do not see a major shift from the point at which Lebron got hurt. Very slight decline.

14.3%
16.7%
27.3%
25.0%
26.7%
28.9%
28.9%
29.8%
30.0%
27.8%
31.1%
30.3%
29.2%
29.7%
29.5%
29.6%
30.2%
29.7%
30.5%
29.4%
29.0%
29.8%
30.3%
30.5%
30.4%
31.5%
32.0% (vs MIA on 12/10/18)
31.6%
31.9%
31.1%
30.9%
31.1%
31.2%
31.3% - Lebron gets hurt
31.0%
30.0%
30.5%
30.2%
29.7%
30.6%
30.0%
29.9%

Last edited by ringfinger on Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Ring.

So his high 3 point % was at it's high 32.0% this year (vs MIA on 12/10/18) with Lebron. Now he is at 29.9% without Lebron. That's a significant 2.1% drop without Lebron.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Thanks Ring.

So his high 3 point % was at it's high 32.0% this year (vs MIA on 12/10/18) with Lebron. Now he is at 29.9% without Lebron. That's a significant 2.1% drop without Lebron.

oh c'mon he was 32% for a total of 2 days, and through Lebron's whole time he was 31.3%. why ignore this number for a 2day stretch?
-the median average during that stretch is also probably 31% or below, he was 31.5% or above for a total of a 4 games. lol

he was terrible with Lebron from 3 and has gotten more terrible

we are arguing over 1%, this is what I do, I am so disappointed in myslef
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Thanks Ring.

Actually not the right way to look at it IMO. More so ...

31.3% with Lebron (all games until Lebron injury)
25.4% without Lebron (all games after Lebron injury)

Problem is -- you have other variables at play here. His back injury for starters. It's a decent theory, just hard to pinpoint on one thing.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
32 wrote:
Thanks Ring.

oh c'mon he was 32% for a total of 2 days, and through Lebron's whole time he was 31.3%. why ignore this number for a 2day stretch?
-the median average during that stretch is also probably 31% or below, he was 31.5% or above for a total of a 4 games. lol

It's safe to say that his reputation as a shooter is NOT accurate or deserved. Kuzma's summer league has everyone fooled!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
32 wrote:
Thanks Ring.

It's safe to say that his reputation as a shooter is NOT accurate or deserved. Kuzma's summer league has everyone fooled!

he was a very solid shooter last year.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
32 wrote:
Thanks Ring.

Actually not the right way to look at it IMO. More so ...

31.3% with Lebron (all games until Lebron injury)
25.4% without Lebron (all games after Lebron injury)

Problem is -- you have other variables at play here. His back injury for starters. It's a decent theory, just hard to pinpoint on one thing.

Oh wow it's worse than I thought. Thanks for breaking it down. A 6% drop is huge. That just proves my point even more. I wouldn't use his back injury as an excuse.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Like I said before I think once Lebron and Kuz get more acclimated on the court together his 3pt% will get back up to 34+%.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
32 wrote:
Thanks Ring.

If by very solid you mean average. Then yes, he was very solid.

I'm pretty sure he was just at the league average last year (for 3's anyway).

I'm just not sure shooting the league average from 3 earns you that classification.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
32 wrote:
Thanks Ring.

I'm just not sure shooting the league average from 3 earns you that classification.

that depends on attempts and shot dynamism. - which he had both.
5.5 attempts, makes C&S/screens/transition , super hot games - that's a very solid shooter
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
32 wrote:
Thanks Ring.

5.5 attempts, makes C&S/screens/transition , super hot games - that's a very solid shooter

I'd rather my 5.5 attempts be the easiest, most wide open of attempts, preferably from a spot on the floor that is as easiest to make as possible (e.g. corner 3's).

In this league, unlike gymnastics, degree of difficulty doesn't earn you extra points.

36% is 36% no matter how hard they were. League average. But I get the point you're making.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
32 wrote:
Thanks Ring.

I'd rather my 5.5 attempts be the easiest, most wide open of attempts, preferably from a spot on the floor that is as easiest to make as possible (e.g. corner 3's).

In this league, unlike gymnastics, degree of difficulty doesn't earn you extra points.

36% is 36% no matter how hard they were. League average.

we didn't have a team that generated a lot of wide open attempts

he was 1 of 42 players to shoot 36% and make 2 3s per game
http://bkref.com/tiny/QuKCk

very solid
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
32 wrote:
Thanks Ring.

36% is 36% no matter how hard they were. League average. But I get the point you're making.

Getting wide open shots is easier said than done. Making tough ones is valuable because sometimes you have to take them even if you don’t want to.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
32 wrote:
Thanks Ring.

36% is 36% no matter how hard they were. League average.

we didn't have a team that generated a lot of wide open attempts

he was 1 of 42 players to shoot 36% and make 2 3s per game
http://bkref.com/tiny/QuKCk

very solid

And 95% of those 42 shot above the league average. Most welllll above the league average.

Looks like even Kuzma fooled himself with his summer league too.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject:

You have to be delusional or blind to even suggest Kuzma is a shooter. He's a shooter the same way Josh Hart is a shooter. It's one thing to shoot 30% from 3 but it's another thing to shoot 30% from 3 on mostly wide open 3s. He's not taking these Steph Curry 3s or Donovan Mitchell 3's... he's getting these wide open looks and straight bricking them.

Last edited by CantStopJM on Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject:

and you have to be blind to think people were saying that in here
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
and you have to be blind to think people were saying that in here

You're under the impression that I was talking about people in this thread. Did I quote anybody here?

Get out your feelings. It was a vague statement based off his reputation in the media.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
32 wrote:
Thanks Ring.

Getting wide open shots is easier said than done. Making tough ones is valuable because sometimes you have to take them even if you don’t want to.

I agree.

I'm just not sure that's Kuzma style of play. I don't know what % of his 3's are assisted, but if I had to guess, it's very very high. He's a catch and shoot shooter.

Edit:

I looked for it (thanks for website from Lonzo thread)- in his career, 90% of all of his 3's are assisted, 95% this year.

He's a catch-n-shoot shooter - and not a very solid one at that.

Last edited by The God Particle on Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
32 wrote:
Thanks Ring.

I agree.

I'm just not sure that's Kuzma style of play. I don't know what % of his 3's are assisted, but if I had to guess, it's very very high. He's a catch and shoot shooter.

Yea I agree and I know the numbers backed that up last year. Idk about this year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 463, 464, 465 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 464 of 880
Jump to: