OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 467, 468, 469 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Kuz works with LBJ b/c he was basically spoonfed a lot of opportunities to make a quick scoring move which Kuz excels at.

What Kuz struggles with IMO is creating a scoring opportunity consistently off of his own dribble, something that the rest of our core seems to struggle.

So when LBJ returns, Kuz will be the biggest beneficiary. I think BI could also benefit from watching some film on how Kuz cut off ball with LBJ and there is literally no reason BI can't do the same and get easy buckets within the flow of the offense.

He does struggle with off the dribble creation and so does Ingram. Neither of them should be having to do so much of that but our inept coaching staff has barely any semblance of an offense in the half court.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Kuz works with LBJ b/c he was basically spoonfed a lot of opportunities to make a quick scoring move which Kuz excels at.

What Kuz struggles with IMO is creating a scoring opportunity consistently off of his own dribble, something that the rest of our core seems to struggle.

So when LBJ returns, Kuz will be the biggest beneficiary. I think BI could also benefit from watching some film on how Kuz cut off ball with LBJ and there is literally no reason BI can't do the same and get easy buckets within the flow of the offense.

He does struggle with off the dribble creation and so does Ingram. Neither of them should be having to do so much of that but our inept coaching staff has barely any semblance of an offense in the half court.

I'd be curious about how much more effective BI/Kuz are (scoring wise, PPP) when they get dribble hand offs and have a chance to make a beeline to the rim (as opposed to iso face up dribble drives to the rim).
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I'd be curious about how much more effective BI/Kuz are (scoring wise, PPP) when they get dribble hand offs and have a chance to make a beeline to the rim (as opposed to iso face up dribble drives to the rim).

LFR and Cranjis both have posted the stats on PPP for BI and our team as a whole for play types.

https://twitter.com/lakerfilmroom/status/932313431222321152

https://twitter.com/T1m_NBA/status/1083957169899388929

Last edited by The Juggernaut on Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

They are much more efficient on those. LFR and Cranjis both have posted the stats on PPP for BI and our team as a whole for play types.

Wow. Those percentiles leave a lot to be desired, but shows ISO isn't the answer.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

To some degree Kuz, Ingram and Ball all have the same issue. All three have the handles and other requisite skills to create their own shots, including at the rim. But none of them have consistently kept the defense honest with their shooting from distance. When Kuz has his shot working, it opens up his offensive game all over the court that puts him on part with All-Stars. Ingram with a consistent 3ball (and spacing around him) is close to an All-Star himself. If teams are running at Lonzo in fear of the shot or having to go over on screens, he's going to shred defenses.

They just need to learn to shoot.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

They are much more efficient on those. LFR and Cranjis both have posted the stats on PPP for BI and our team as a whole for play types.

Wow. Those percentiles leave a lot to be desired, but shows ISO isn't the answer.

And yet those are the play types they mostly run because our coaching staff are imbeciles. Look at the data for the sets they run. Some have ZERO actions!!

https://twitter.com/T1m_NBA/status/1085393156135403528
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Kuz had a decent game last night. His 3pt shot is still off but he rebounded the ball (12) and he hustled on defense. He played team-ball for the most part but he had too many turnovers.
IMO the consistency will come in due time.

No he wasn’t. He was playing selfishly for the most part where he was forcing the issue which led to his dumb turnovers. Luke should bench him, start Svi and let Kuzma be the chucker off the bench that he so badly wants to be.

Last edited by BigBoi on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Kuz had a decent game last night. His 3pt shot is still off but he rebounded the ball (12) and he hustled on defense. He played team-ball for the most part but he had too many turnovers.

No he wasn’t. He was playing selfishly for the most part where he was forcing the issue which led to his dumb turnovers. Luke should bench him, start Svi and let Kuzma be the chuckle off the bench that he so badly wants to be.

You've gone off on him in multiple threads. Has he personally done something to you or your family?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
pio2u wrote:

No he wasn’t. He was playing selfishly for the most part where he was forcing the issue which led to his dumb turnovers. Luke should bench him, start Svi and let Kuzma be the chuckle off the bench that he so badly wants to be.

I’m trying to figure out where your Kuz hate comes from. Utah state alum? Go to a rival highschool? Wanted a different guy in the draft?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Hey we get it you don't like Kuzma. You think he's trash, etc. You sound like a broken record in this thread. You are border line trolling at this point. I suggest you start using the P&M thread in the lounge. If you continue to do it I will report you to the mods. You add absolutely no value here with your agenda.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

And yet those are the play types they mostly run because our coaching staff are imbeciles. Look at the data for the sets they run. Some have ZERO actions!!

https://twitter.com/T1m_NBA/status/1085393156135403528

I wish he had time to chart other teams.
I wonder what a norm is for half court actions.
Logically one would think more the better, but curious as to what the average is for the league.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
pio2u wrote:

You've gone off on him in multiple threads. Has he personally done something to you or your family?

No I just despise selfish low IQ chukers, can’t stand them.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Your criticism seems more personal than reasonable.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
pio2u wrote:

I too am not fond of low-IQ players in general. But especially low-IQ chuckers. But is Kuz a low-IQ chucker?

Last edited by epak on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
pio2u wrote:

I too am not fond of low-IQ players in general. But especially low-IQ chuckers. But the argument is: is Kuz a low-IQ chucker?

Don't feed it!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Don't feed it!

Aw, hoped he would explain.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Hey we get it you don't like Kuzma. You think he's trash, etc. You sound like a broken record in this thread. You are border line trolling at this point. I suggest you start using the P&M thread in the lounge. If you continue to do it I will report you to the mods. You add absolutely no value here with your agenda.

You along with others sound like a broken record in BI’s thread too, you don’t hear me complaining about your opinion. Now you being jelly and want to report me because I have a differing opinion to yours? Kuzma is garbage. Did you catch the dumb behind the back pass fail he attempted last game, omg dude what was that? He then charges into a 1 on 4 fast break where he refuses to make the smart play by passing the ball lol what a selfish low IQ player, he can’t even shoot 3s. Trade him while he still has value. I’ll start Svi for now who actually spaces the floor a bit better (34% vs Kuzma’s abysmal 29% on 6 attempts from 3 smh)

Last edited by BigBoi on Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Well it’s MY CRITICISM of him so fine it’s personal.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
pio2u wrote:

So b/c you feel posters offer criticism of BI in his thread you feel the need to come in the Kuz thread and just crap on him? Doesn't that seem a bit petty?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
pio2u wrote:

So b/c you feel posters offer criticism of BI in his thread you feel the need to come in the Kuz thread and just crap on him? Doesn't that seem a bit petty?

dont feed the troll
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject:

I dont know if he's trolling. I just think he thinks Kuzma is overrated by the media (which I agree with. Though I still like his game). But he goes too far?

He did have high hopes for Kuz back in the day:

BigBoi wrote:
Andre2000 wrote:
This dude officially in our Big 3 with BI and Zo? It's not too early to say that, is it?

Check the avatar Andre2000! never too early
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject:

There are some who are negative in the Ingram forum 95% of the time.. I don't see much of a backlash. Or maybe you guys have just gotten accustomed to it and tune it out.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
There are some who are negative in the Ingram forum 95% of the time.. I don't see much of a backlash. Or maybe you guys have just gotten accustomed to it and tune it out.

The negativity in the Ingram thread is not comparable to this.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
32 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
pio2u wrote:

You along with others sound like a broken record in BI’s thread too, you don’t hear me complaining about your opinion. Now you being jelly and want to report me because I have a differing opinion to yours? Kuzma is garbage. Did you catch the dumb behind the back pass fail he attempted last game, omg dude what was that? He then charges into a 1 on 4 fast break where he refuses to make the smart play by passing the ball lol what a selfish low IQ player, he can’t even shoot 3s. Trade him while he still has value. I’ll start Svi for now who actually spaces the floor a bit better (34% vs Kuzma’s abysmal 29% on 6 attempts from 3 smh)

I think everyone could stand to remember to moderate their takes some in threads. But you've reached the point where all you want to do is fight for player A and against player B, or more importantly, fight anyone you can find on the "other side" in any thread you can find. It's relentless and pointless. Stop looking for trouble. It found you.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

The negativity in the Ingram thread is not comparable to this.

We'd have to disagree..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 467, 468, 469 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 468 of 880
Jump to: