OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 468, 469, 470 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
There are some who are negative in the Ingram forum 95% of the time.. I don't see much of a backlash. Or maybe you guys have just gotten accustomed to it and tune it out.

The negativity in the Ingram thread is not comparable to this.

We'd have to disagree..

Then you’re not being objective.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject:

On to Kuz.
What do you guys think he can do to fix his 3 point shot? Is he purely a streaky shooter? I always thought he had great foot work to get open and get a shot off. But is there something going on with his hands/arms?

Last edited by epak on Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
There are some who are negative in the Ingram forum 95% of the time.. I don't see much of a backlash. Or maybe you guys have just gotten accustomed to it and tune it out.

We'd have to disagree..

Just to weigh in here, the main difference I've seen is the subset of guys who love one guy, get into it with every negative take, and then go looking for other guys to attack in revenge for their guy. Not talking about you, to make that clear, just to you, since you brought it up.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
On to Kuz.
What do you guys think he can do to fix his 3 point shot? Is he purely a streaky shooter? I always thought he had great foot work to get open and get a shot off. But is there's something going on with his hands/arms?

need more arch on his threes. they are way too flat, either bounce off the front rim or the heal of the hoop
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
epak wrote:
On to Kuz.
What do you guys think he can do to fix his 3 point shot? Is he purely a streaky shooter? I always thought he had great foot work to get open and get a shot off. But is there's something going on with his hands/arms?

need more arch on his threes. they are way too flat, either bounce off the front rim or the heal of the hoop

Ah, that reminded me of GT's video where he mentions Kuz releasing the ball before the apex of his jump. Would that flatten out his shot?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject:

I do wonder how long Kuz will have his jumper gravity, bc it’s not falling sith regularity.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

We'd have to disagree..

Just to weigh in here, the main difference I've seen is the subset of guys who love one guy, get into it with every negative take, and then go looking for other guys to attack in revenge for their guy. Not talking about you, to make that clear, just to you, since you brought it up.

Yeah. That seems to be the root of the problem.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

We'd have to disagree..

I can't disagree with that distinction. Though at the end of the day we have some who are 95% negative in certain player threads. I would personally feel uncomfortable doing that.

I couldn't stand Clarkson, but rarely would I go into his thread. No point in ruining it for those who liked him.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject:

I sure hope he finds the 3 point shot again soon. We know based on his rookie season he can get to 34%. He's a hard worker. I think he will figure it out.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I do wonder how long Kuz will have his jumper gravity, bc it’s not falling sith regularity.

I think he will always have it lol.. I'm a little over optimistic with all the young guys, but I'm thinking those shots will start to fall eventually. And he won't stop shooting whether they do or not lol.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I sure hope he finds the 3 point shot again soon. We know based on his rookie season he can get to 34%. He's a hard worker. I think he will figure it out.

I’m not as confident, at least not this year. He’s not a great shooter and has never been dating back to college. I think he’s confident and can get very hot and that forces teams to respect his shot which sets up the best parts of his game.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

We'd have to disagree..

Na.. me not agreeing with you doesn't make me non-objective. It simply means I don't agree with you.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
32 wrote:

I’m not as confident, at least not this year. He’s not a great shooter and has never been dating back to college. I think he’s confident and can get very hot and that forces teams to respect his shot which sets up the best parts of his game.

You might be right. And I agree he likely won't find it this season.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

We'd have to disagree..

Na.. me not agreeing with you doesn't make me non-objective. It simply means I don't agree with you.

Would love to know when anybody called for Ingram to be benched for a rookie who’s barely proven to be ready to enter a rotation. Look I get that many(myself included) have been critical of Ingram and have called for him to go to the bench. But saying a guy is not Giannis and is more LO isn’t comparable to the madness BigBoi is talking. I haven’t seen many at this level and when they do come around, there’s push back just like on here which you insinuated doesn’t happen. I think you’ve grown a little too sensitive to the Ingram criticism and exaggerare it fairly often.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
On to Kuz.
What do you guys think he can do to fix his 3 point shot? Is he purely a streaky shooter? I always thought he had great foot work to get open and get a shot off. But is there something going on with his hands/arms?

Historically he has been a streaky shooter. He just needs to keep moving without the ball and taking the shots he can make.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

We'd have to disagree..

Would love to know when anybody called for Ingram to be benched for a rookie who’s barely proven to be ready to enter a rotation. Look I get that many(myself included) have been critical of Ingram and have called for him to go to the bench. But saying a guy is not Giannis and is more LO isn’t comparable to the madness BigBoi is talking. I haven’t seen many at this level and when they do come around, there’s push back just like on here which you insinuated doesn’t happen. I think you’ve grown a little too sensitive to the Ingram criticism and exaggerare it fairly often.

I think we can please move on
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Last night I noted in the game thread that Chicago was leaving him open. I’m not sure if it was intentional or just bad defense.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

We'd have to disagree..

This is why I try to ignore him.. As you can see the exchanges devolve rather quickly. And I'm not the reason.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

We'd have to disagree..

This is why I try to ignore him.. As you can see the exchanges devolve rather quickly. And I'm not the reason.

The problem has never been that you're wrong about each other...
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Last night I noted in the game thread that Chicago was leaving him open. I’m not sure if it was intentional or just bad defense.

Yup, repeatedly open at the 3 last night.

All teams scout in preparation for the opposition. I think all teams know much more than we do about what's working and what isn't working. And if we know Kuzma's shot isn't working, you can bet your last dollar that NBA teams do too.

And even if it was bad defense, was it really?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

We'd have to disagree..

The problem has never been that you're wrong about each other...

Ahh the double tech/Three stooges slap

BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

All teams scout in preparation for the opposition. I think all teams know much more than we do about what's working and what isn't working. And if we know Kuzma's shot isn't working, you can bet your last dollar that NBA teams do too.

True but he’s liable to get hot and go for 30+. I think that scares teams and forces them to keep him in check even if he’s not a consistent shooter. They don’t wanna be the team that allows him to get going.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

True but he’s liable to get hot and go for 30+. I think that scares teams and forces them to keep him in check even if he’s not a consistent shooter. They don’t wanna be the team that allows him to get going.

I guess I just don't subscribe to 29% 3pt shooters being "liable to get hot".

Even if that were the case, the math would quickly show that for every "hot" game, he'd have multiple games where he's virtually ineffective from deep. It's the only way to be "hot" and end up at 29%. And it's ultimately negatively impacting this team in their biggest weakness.

Before anyone starts pulling out game logs, I'm not suggesting he hasn't gotten hot. But we'd see the same pattern for any 29% 3pt shooter who takes 6 attempts a game.

Is there even a player in the league that attempts 6 per game and is shooting below 30%? Maybe Trae Young?
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Kuz has to halve his shot attempts from 3 until he gets his stroke back. He's extremely efficient in the paint and that's where he should be operating most of the time for now.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject:

He's doing a lot more pump fakes lately and getting into the paint. I would like to see him keep doing that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 468, 469, 470 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 469 of 880
Jump to: