OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 477, 478, 479 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Tucker locks up Durant. it just seems like he gets away with that.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Kuzma is good, but he doesn't make this team a winner. He gives this team a boost, but breaks the offensive some times and it takes away from our flow and rhythm. He thinks he is the star, when he is not. He doesn't change the tides because he can't create his own shot and doesn't play good defensive. If he played good defense I wouldn't have that big of a problem with him breaking the flow of the offense. He is necessary though because of the offensive boost gives the Lakers.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got traded as a package for someone like Anthony Davis though.

I don't know what you mean by he doesn't make the team a winner. The team is 0-2 without Kuz since LeBron has been out.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:15 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Kuzma is good, but he doesn't make this team a winner. He gives this team a boost, but breaks the offensive some times and it takes away from our flow and rhythm. He thinks he is the star, when he is not. He doesn't change the tides because he can't create his own shot and doesn't play good defensive. If he played good defense I wouldn't have that big of a problem with him breaking the flow of the offense. He is necessary though because of the offensive boost gives the Lakers.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got traded as a package for someone like Anthony Davis though.

I don't know what you mean by he doesn't make the team a winner. The team is 0-2 without Kuz since LeBron has been out.

What’s our record without BI, yet you harp on him for not helping us win?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:54 am    Post subject:

Doesn't touch the ball for 10 straight minutes

Then fumbles it
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:05 am    Post subject:

This kid is a baller.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:31 am    Post subject:

He was eaten alive by Tucker.
Hope he can learn from it.
JAN24/2/14
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:59 am    Post subject:

Yes tucker made things difficult for him but i think lomzo going down affected him more. He shouldnt go iso he needs a great playmaker to set him up
captain jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:02 am    Post subject:

For one they set Kuzma on the elbow by the free throw line where it was easier for tucker to be physical and then they slowed the pace of the game. Lakers are not good in half court sets yet. That’s a coaching fault. Lastly, I’m glad ingram came alive making clutch shots, he certainly took advantage of a poor defender and utilized his size to shoot over him. However, during the first 4 quarters he was frustrating to watch.
Lakers great32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject:

captain jack wrote:
For one they set Kuzma on the elbow by the free throw line where it was easier for tucker to be physical and then they slowed the pace of the game. Lakers are not good in half court sets yet. That’s a coaching fault. Lastly, I’m glad ingram came alive making clutch shots, he certainly took advantage of a poor defender and utilized his size to shoot over him. However, during the first 4 quarters he was frustrating to watch.

Right Ingram help fumble away the lead in the 3rd sand 4th until Shaw finally sat his butt down,but with Tucker on Kuzma it have Brandon Ingram not only a weaker defender but also opened it up more from him because they still was floating towards Kuzma.Ingram can be so frustrating at times he has the skill set but he goes through these moments where he just dribble dribble dribble I saw him look at Kuzma wide open 3 times and the shoot a stupid shot and miss afywe lonzo went out.Now Kuzma went through this last year against the clippers remember ?They adjusted to him and he learned from it so I'm not really concerned with Tucker doing what he did to Kuzma because he hung 38 on them last year with Tucker and Ariza.Kuzma needs to use his post game to his advantage he settles to.mich for long 3's and jumpers he has 3 solid moves in the post he has the spin (which notice he hasn't used a lot this year)he has the turn around and he also have the running hook(which he should utilize a lot more).
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:15 am    Post subject:

Damned when he does and damned when he doesn't, nothing new here.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:16 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Doesn't touch the ball for 10 straight minutes

Then fumbles it

All good, he got manhandled by Tucker all 4th/OT, ball just slipped, brush it off and move on. This is his mini-Kobe/Utah/playoff airballs

Kuz looks mad good by the way, he reads the defense so fast then commit to his moves... I'm telling you, this kid is up there with Tatum, his 3s would eventually fall too
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

What’s our record without BI, yet you harp on him for not helping us win?

BI's record without Lebron is not as good as Kuz's.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject:

Just like he has similar strengths as Klay, he has similar weaknesses. He’s extremely reliant on other guys getting him the ball in advantageous situations. It’s great to be that way when we’re at full strength but renders him much less effective when Zo/Bron/Rondo are out.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Just like he has similar strengths as Klay, he has similar weaknesses. He’s extremely reliant on other guys getting him the ball in advantageous situations. It’s great to be that way when we’re at full strength but renders him much less effective when Zo/Bron/Rondo are out.

Definitely. That's why I think he is a great fit with Lebron. Last night he and Lonzo were balling in the first half. Best I ever seen with those two on the floor together.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:

pf role of klay is probably best comparision (without Shooting/D for now). Needs to be fed to score, and like Klay escapes all criticism when he messes up.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject:

I think the game last night was good Kuzma from a cerebral perspective. He got humbled.

He's a finisher with the ability to flash elements of an elite scorer when situation favors him.

Reminds me a lot of a Wally Szczerbiak.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject:

Wally Szczerbiak? He has more talent than him. I see more of a combination of Antawn Jamison and Rashard Lewis.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
I think the game last night was good Kuzma from a cerebral perspective. He got humbled.

He's a finisher with the ability to flash elements of an elite scorer when situation favors him.

Lol wally?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Where do you guys comp up with some of these comps? Somewhere in this thread is a multi-page discussion on a comp of Brian Cook.
jmnluvr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Wally Szczerbiak? He has more talent than him. I see more of a combination of Antawn Jamison and Rashard Lewis.

Antwan had a lot more in his back pocket. I think Rashard + Ced.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

No possible way do I see Jamison or Lewis. Kuzma has the same body type but plays nothing like them.

I see a lot of Wally Szczerbiak in his game.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject:

Kuz last two games on the road on national tv.

OKC: 32-8-4
HOU: 32-8-3
3PT: 11-21
FG: 23-39
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Interesting case the Kuzma and I think he could still improve; we
all have front row seats, so we'll see.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Why does kuz always jab with his left foot? It’s so awkward for a right handed player.

I would really like to see kuz develop a consistent post game with go to moves. He doesn’t seem comfortable to me when he has to create for himself/others 25 feet out. That’s not his game. He had a great first quarter with 20 points but just couldn’t adjust to Houston’s physicality thereafter. Good game to learn from though.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

His image was on a the national teaser with Harden for the game. He's big time.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 477, 478, 479 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 478 of 880
Jump to: