OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 480, 481, 482 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject:

People love rags to riches stories like his. Really happy for him.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
People love rags to riches stories like his. Really happy for him.

Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
drae wrote:
32 wrote:
The kid is confident. He has a lot of Kobe characteristics. That's a lot different than being cocky or arrogant. He's the man and leader right now so he needs to project confidence.

He's speaking like Kobe, and taking shots like Kobe, the problem is he's not Kobe. Kobe, in a much tougher defensive league, was averaging 9 points more per game at his age for starters. So when you're not a world beater, but talk like you are a world beater, people will start to view you as arrogant

I never said he was Kobe and he won't come close to being Kobe in his career. What I said is he has Kobe characteristics.
I don't see any characteristics of Kobe.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
32 wrote:
drae wrote:
32 wrote:
The kid is confident. He has a lot of Kobe characteristics. That's a lot different than being cocky or arrogant. He's the man and leader right now so he needs to project confidence.

He's speaking like Kobe, and taking shots like Kobe, the problem is he's not Kobe. Kobe, in a much tougher defensive league, was averaging 9 points more per game at his age for starters. So when you're not a world beater, but talk like you are a world beater, people will start to view you as arrogant

I never said he was Kobe and he won't come close to being Kobe in his career. What I said is he has Kobe characteristics.

I guess you're not looking hard enough.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject:

It's no coincidence he had dinner and workouts with Kobe when he was a rookie. He has that mamba mentality. He has that confidence like when he went 4-20 in that one game and came right back the next game shooting and scored 41 points in 29 minutes. He took the big game winner shot in OKC but missed it. He has no fear of failing. I do see a lot of Kobe in him. He has that confidence in himself. And I know a lot of fans here feel the same way.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Kobe came into camp with something new that he picked up in the offseason, that was Kobe’s mentality. Kuzma brought nothing new this season, still an inconsistent 3-point shooter who is a weak defender and inconsistent rebounder. Randle was the guy who brought something new every season, you could see real progress. If any of our young players had the Kobe mentality it was Julius.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
32 wrote:
drae wrote:
32 wrote:

Really? The way Kuzma plays it makes me think Kobe is his God.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Kobe came into camp with something new that he picked up in the offseason, that was Kobe’s mentality. Kuzma brought nothing new this season, still an inconsistent 3-point shooter who is a weak defender and inconsistent rebounder. Randle was the guy who brought something new every season, you could see real progress. If any of our young players had the Kobe mentality it was Julius.

Just stop it. Julius is the same player he was last year but with worse D. http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/3/sort/DRPM/position/6

Kuz was dead last in DRPM for a time last year, started this season at -3.00 DRPM and is now at -0.56. That's a positive trend, he is improving. His 3 ball is down this year but his EFG% and TS% are both up from last year because his 2P% and FT% improved significantly.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

He's going to need to drop 40 for us to have a chance. Given our current lack of playmaking, don't see that happening...
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

He's going to need to drop 40 for us to have a chance. Given our current lack of playmaking, don't see that happening...
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

Lazlow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
32 wrote:
drae wrote:
32 wrote:

Nah. I like Kuzma but Drae is right. Kuzma wants to be Kobe so bad.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
It's no coincidence he had dinner and workouts with Kobe when he was a rookie. He has that mamba mentality. He has that confidence like when he went 4-20 in that one game and came right back the next game shooting and scored 41 points in 29 minutes. He took the big game winner shot in OKC but missed it. He has no fear of failing. I do see a lot of Kobe in him. He has that confidence in himself. And I know a lot of fans here feel the same way.

I used to keep track of the Jordan offspring in comparison to Kobe. Harold Minor, Scott Burrell, Michael Finley, Allen Iverson, Vince Carter, etc... Mamba was the only one to truly get it; taking it to another level.

For whatever it's worth; Kobe's offspring seemed to be hard workers and more in the mold of true students of the game. Especially guys like Lillard, Westbrook, Arenas, PG13, Tuff Juice, etc...

Kuzma is the first bastardized version of Kobe. I guess it was bound to happen.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Lazlow wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
32 wrote:
drae wrote:
32 wrote:

No. There's nothing to even suggest this.. Just more ridiculous claims by Laker fans.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Anyone ever compared him to a lighter Melo?
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Anyone ever compared him to a lighter Melo?

If Cedric Ceballos shot 3's hes Kyle
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
32 wrote:
drae wrote:
32 wrote:

Really? The way Kuzma plays it makes me think Kobe is his God.

He’s got the “dirty look at the intended pass recipient when he threw the ball away with a bad pass” down.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

The same Julius who in year 5 still only relies on bully ball and nothing else?

I mean 5 years and the dude has the same game and u harping on a 2nd year player?

Now go ahead and tell me but but he is 23 year old
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Kuz is a perfect 3/4 option on a championship player. You can’t rely on him for nightly offense and his d is pretty bad atm
Lazlow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Kuz is a perfect 3/4 option on a championship player. You can’t rely on him for nightly offense and his d is pretty bad atm
Yep. Unfortunately unless we get lucky in free agency we will have to give him up to get a legit 2nd option.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Lazlow wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
32 wrote:
drae wrote:
32 wrote:

I like Kuzma too. But him wanting to be like Kobe is one thing and that's cool. Him having similar characteristics to Kobe. Nah. He is what he is imo. A great draft pick and good at getting buckets but I don't think he's going to be that franchise player or superstar player some people think he's going to be. I still think he's going to be a good basketball player though who'll contribute to our squad.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I mean 5 years and the dude has the same game and u harping on a 2nd year player?

Just out of curiosity, if he hasn’t changed his game in five years and he’s getting those results, should he change?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Just stop it. Julius is the same player he was last year but with worse D. http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/3/sort/DRPM/position/6

Kuz was dead last in DRPM for a time last year, started this season at -3.00 DRPM and is now at -0.56. That's a positive trend, he is improving. His 3 ball is down this year but his EFG% and TS% are both up from last year because his 2P% and FT% improved significantly.

Nice whiff on what I posted. Tell me what Kuzma added. Did Randle add a 3 point shot?

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Just out of curiosity, if he hasn’t changed his game in five years and he’s getting those results, should he change?

Getting 1 year deal of 9m and po for 2nd? When slow Anderson got multi year deal?

I think he should.
LakersDC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject:

I like Kuzies mamba like approach to the game, but man, dude has been so hot/cold this year, and sadly mostly cold. He is like a taller JR Smith - loads of potential, but tons of brick city games.

Hope he finds his consistency by end of season - we'll need it (will also help for AD )
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 480, 481, 482 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 481 of 880
Jump to: