OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 481, 482, 483 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
3baller wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Kobe came into camp with something new that he picked up in the offseason, that was Kobe’s mentality. Kuzma brought nothing new this season, still an inconsistent 3-point shooter who is a weak defender and inconsistent rebounder. Randle was the guy who brought something new every season, you could see real progress. If any of our young players had the Kobe mentality it was Julius.

Just stop it. Julius is the same player he was last year but with worse D. http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/3/sort/DRPM/position/6

Kuz was dead last in DRPM for a time last year, started this season at -3.00 DRPM and is now at -0.56. That's a positive trend, he is improving. His 3 ball is down this year but his EFG% and TS% are both up from last year because his 2P% and FT% improved significantly.

Nice whiff on what I posted. Tell me what Kuzma added. Did Randle add a 3 point shot?

You call 0.6 3P made per game at 32% adding a 3PT shot? Lololol yes I'd whiff on what you posted if that's what you meant alright because it doesn't make sense
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:39 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
3baller wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Kobe came into camp with something new that he picked up in the offseason, that was Kobe’s mentality. Kuzma brought nothing new this season, still an inconsistent 3-point shooter who is a weak defender and inconsistent rebounder. Randle was the guy who brought something new every season, you could see real progress. If any of our young players had the Kobe mentality it was Julius.

Just stop it. Julius is the same player he was last year but with worse D. http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/3/sort/DRPM/position/6

Kuz was dead last in DRPM for a time last year, started this season at -3.00 DRPM and is now at -0.56. That's a positive trend, he is improving. His 3 ball is down this year but his EFG% and TS% are both up from last year because his 2P% and FT% improved significantly.

Nice whiff on what I posted. Tell me what Kuzma added. Did Randle add a 3 point shot?

You call 0.6 3P made per game at 32% adding a 3PT shot? Lololol yes I'd whiff on what you posted if that's what you meant alright because it doesn't make sense

I notice you totally ignored most of the post. Then yes, that is an improvement for Randle. Since we haven’t seen it from our players, I can see where you wouldn’t recognize it.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma's fine... he's just in his 2nd year... I think a lot of his struggles (as well as Ingram's) is playing alongside Lebron... it's not easy to play with Lebron since he's so ball dominant, players are not able to do their thing with the ball... you have to be good off the ball to be effective with Lebron... unless Lebron adjusts his game, which is unlikely in this lineup.
I saw a stat that showed players start dipping once they played with Lebron...
to be effective with Lebron, you have to shoot jumpers consistently.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma is better off playing alongside Lebron. He can’t do it on his own.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:

I had to pipe in on this one. For comparison's sake here are some of the Lakers three point shooting numbers this season:

Hart: 34.4% on 4.7 attempts
KCP: 34.3% on 4.3 attempts
Svi: 33.8% on 2.1 attempts
Ball: 32.9% on 4.9 attempts
Randle: 32.6% on 1.9 attempts
Kuz: 31.3% on 6.4 attempts
Ingram: 29.7% on 1.8 attempts
Beasley: 21.4% on 0.7 attempts

Considering Randle took 0.4, 0.9 and 0.5 while shooting 27.8%, 27% and 22.2% that's significent improvement. He isn't a deadly three point shooter, but 32.6% from three equates to a 48.9% eFG and makes it effective enough to open up some drives. And it's not just his threes he's shooting his mid-range game has also improved.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Kuzma is better off playing alongside Lebron. He can’t do it on his own.
Yup. And Zo.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:15 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/shaqtin/status/1087581551892692992?s=21

I swear he’s gone full (bleep). Look at him here with another garbage play by a garbage player, throwing a garbage pass. He even managed to infect Curry with his garbageness lmao
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:17 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
3baller wrote:

I had to pipe in on this one. For comparison's sake here are some of the Lakers three point shooting numbers this season:

Hart: 34.4% on 4.7 attempts
KCP: 34.3% on 4.3 attempts
Svi: 33.8% on 2.1 attempts
Ball: 32.9% on 4.9 attempts
Randle: 32.6% on 1.9 attempts
Kuz: 31.3% on 6.4 attempts
Ingram: 29.7% on 1.8 attempts
Beasley: 21.4% on 0.7 attempts

Considering Randle took 0.4, 0.9 and 0.5 while shooting 27.8%, 27% and 22.2% that's significent improvement. He isn't a deadly three point shooter, but 32.6% from three equates to a 48.9% eFG and makes it effective enough to open up some drives. And it's not just his threes he's shooting his mid-range game has also improved.

Julius Randle

EFG% 2017-2018 - 0.563
2018-2019 - 0.567

TS% 2017-2018 - 0.606
2018-2019 - 0.614

I guess any improvement technically is still improvement

Adding a 3 pt shot is what Brook Lopez did to his game. 0.6 on 1.9 atttempts per game is not what can be considered as adding a 3 pt shot to your game. Julius is taking more attempts for sure but saying that he added the 3ball to his game is preposterous.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:

I swear he’s gone full (bleep). Look at him here with another garbage play by a garbage player, throwing a garbage pass. He even managed to infect Curry with his garbageness lmao

Wow, how is this dude back already?
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:19 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:

Team worse -32, 0 for 5 from 3, 16 points off 18 shots, team worse 3 turnovers only 2asts. Kuzma was trash tonight as usual!
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:59 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:

You yourself is full of garbage

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:00 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Team worse -32, 0 for 5 from 3, 16 points off 18 shots, team worse 3 turnovers only 2asts. Kuzma was trash tonight as usual!

Keep doing you.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:20 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Talking about trash and garbage? You need to give it a rest. Here, I'll help.
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:56 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:20 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Kuzma's fine... he's just in his 2nd year... I think a lot of his struggles (as well as Ingram's) is playing alongside Lebron... it's not easy to play with Lebron since he's so ball dominant, players are not able to do their thing with the ball... you have to be good off the ball to be effective with Lebron... unless Lebron adjusts his game, which is unlikely in this lineup.

Kuzma’s inconsistency has nothing to do with Lebron.
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:28 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Thanks!

Zillethai
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:57 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

Lebron has been out a few weeks now, so no excuses for Ingram, Ball, or Kuzma.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:02 am    Post subject:

Kuz gonna keep getting better, his shots will fall more consistently eventually. But Klay to Kuz, that's the difference between elite 2nd option and borderline 2nd option
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Kuz gonna keep getting better, his shots will fall more consistently eventually.

He's definitely a better three point shooter than he's shown so far this year. He's been super streaky this year. But hard to complain given how much he's crushed expectations so far in his career.

Kuzma's Last 7 Games: 25.3 points (48.9% fg, 35.2% 3p, 72.3% ft), 6.9 rebounds, 2.3 assists, 0.9 steals, 3.1 turnovers in 35 minutes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
governator wrote:
Kuz gonna keep getting better, his shots will fall more consistently eventually.

He's definitely a better three point shooter than he's shown so far this year. He's been super streaky this year. But hard to complain given how much he's crushed expectations so far in his career.

Kuzma's Last 7 Games: 25.3 points (48.9% fg, 35.2% 3p, 72.3% ft), 6.9 rebounds, 2.3 assists, 0.9 steals, 3.1 turnovers in 35 minutes

Those are some solid numbers. He has carried the load offensively. His 3 point shot has gone up over 4% in the last 7 games.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

At this point, I don't think either Kuz or Ingram has done enough to expect to be able to do their own thing. They need to fit into whatever team they are on, rather than expect the team to fit in around them, just like 95% of the players in the NBA do.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
governator wrote:

Those are some solid numbers. He has carried the load offensively. His 3 point shot has gone up over 4% in the last 7 games.
those numbers will drop with Zo out and with Bron out. Luckily, one is soon to return.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

lounger wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Drifts wrote:

At this point, I don't think either Kuz or Ingram has done enough to expect to be able to do their own thing. They need to fit into whatever team they are on, rather than expect the team to fit in around them, just like 95% of the players in the NBA do.
Agree.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
32 wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
governator wrote:

those numbers will drop with Zo out and with Bron out. Luckily, one is soon to return.

I agree the numbers should go down but with Rondo coming back it may not be too bad.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 481, 482, 483 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 482 of 880
Jump to: