OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 537, 538, 539 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/1152359688895225857?s=21

Kuz left his agent. Let’s see if he joins Klutch.

ABK - Anyone but Klutch.

Why does it matter. It doesn't
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Kuz has perfected the art of ass kissing. Cant hate if only he getd 1/2 as good on Def as he is at kissing arse then we got a superstar
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Kuz has perfected the art of ass kissing. Cant hate if only he getd 1/2 as good on Def as he is at kissing arse then we got a superstar

Perhaps he is just likable, dude. Don’t know why you gotta be like that.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

Likable guys aint always posting pics of the owner, shouting out bron 3x a week on instagram. He playing his cards right and gotta respect that
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Klutch would be a good move for Kuz. Not a great situation for the Lakers to have 5 players on one repped by one firm-- especially one the wields so much power but given how are FO is still "unproven" - and that's being kind - having Klutch in our back pocket, or vice versa, is not a bad move. Whatever to keep AD here and keep FA's flocking in.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:53 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Klutch would be a good move for Kuz. Not a great situation for the Lakers to have 5 players on one repped by one firm-- especially one the wields so much power but given how are FO is still "unproven" - and that's being kind - having Klutch in our back pocket, or vice versa, is not a bad move. Whatever to keep AD here and keep FA's flocking in.

Yea there’s pros and cons with being in bed with clutch but the pros out weigh the cons. A championship or two and this is all worth it. And everyone wins in that way. It’s business at the end of the day. The nets got Kyrie and Durant who are both represented by roc nation. It’s good to have these relationships
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject:

He's basically the only trade chip GM/agent Rich Paul has left to barter to please his other two more demanding clients. I can't see this making sense for Klutch.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

Likable guys aint always posting pics of the owner, shouting out bron 3x a week on instagram. He playing his cards right and gotta respect that

Oh geez stop. He shout out the other tires as much as he did Lebron. This generation does that. Look at Josh Hart. Lakers like him, they marketed him. Lebron does the same thing with a bunch of players in the NBA.
Hollywood $winger
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject:

all the beautiful sexy women here in Los Angeles that are under the radar non celebrities & this fool getting caught up with this drama boner garage.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/1152359688895225857?s=21

Kuz left his agent. Let’s see if he joins Klutch.

ABK - Anyone but Klutch.

Why does it matter. It doesn't

Maybe he signs with Mintz.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Klutch is doing a damn good job of getting the Lakers to pay KCP year after year.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:43 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
Klutch is doing a damn good job of getting the Lakers to pay KCP year after year.

He was overpaid last 2 years but I think we got a fair deal this time. I really don't get the reaction to his signing. He's a good backup SG making below the average NBA salary. For the first time in a long time I don't feel like any player on this roster is being overpaid.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:10 am    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:

Isn't that an agent's job?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:30 am    Post subject:

Kuz had a rep as a solid defender in college. Maybe our system was bad?

Hopefully, he will have a monster year on both ends of the court.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:

not really. it was the same as it is now. inconsistent, low awareness, and lacking physicality.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:

One of his biggest problems is he hops and skips instead of sliding his feet.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
l4kerz wrote:

He was overpaid last 2 years but I think we got a fair deal this time. I really don't get the reaction to his signing. He's a good backup SG making below the average NBA salary. For the first time in a long time I don't feel like any player on this roster is being overpaid.

How in the world is he worth that much more than Avery Bradley?
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

not really. it was the same as it is now. inconsistent, low awareness, and lacking physicality.

Yeah, his awareness on the defensive end is just brutally awful at times I have noticed watching replays. I don't have confidence he will ever be a plus on the defensive end but he still has the ability to at least not be a complete liability like he was at times last season if he stays engaged and focused which is all we really need from him, especially if he plays that 6th man role.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
l4kerz wrote:

How in the world is he worth that much more than Avery Bradley?

What does Bradley's value have to do with KCP? We got both.

Reggie Bullock is a one-trick pony and got $21M before his surgery.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject:

With all the people dropping out of the 2019 FIBA World Cup team, Kuzma might end up the #1 option...
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Yeah, his awareness on the defensive end is just brutally awful at times I have noticed watching replays. I don't have confidence he will ever be a plus on the defensive end but he still has the ability to at least not be a complete liability like he was at times last season if he stays engaged and focused which is all we really need from him, especially if he plays that 6th man role.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Is awareness even something that can be fixed? If he locked himself in a room with Kobe and studied film obsessively can he become at least an average defender? His feet seem a lot heavier on the defensive end, but he's quick and decisive on the offensive end. Seems like it's mental to me.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
hype wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Is awareness even something that can be fixed? If he locked himself in a room with Kobe and studied film obsessively can he become at least an average defender? His feet seem a lot heavier on the defensive end, but he's quick and decisive on the offensive end. Seems like it's mental to me.

There’s a lot of different types of athleticism ; and a lot of it is based in the hips - lateral difference is a lot to do with hip fluidity and dexterity. Also some players lack of hip fluidity really shows itself in a stance, biomechanically moving laterally in a stance is just awkward for some guys.
Kuz has solid hips and feet for 6’9.5, he’s just got terrible technique hopping instead of sliding...having to pick both feet up laterally like you’re tap dancing can make a tall guy look like they have slow, awkward feet
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
hype wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

There’s a lot of different types of athleticism ; and a lot of it is based in the hips - lateral difference is a lot to do with hip fluidity and dexterity. Also some players lack of hip fluidity really shows itself in a stance, biomechanically moving laterally in a stance is just awkward for some guys.
Kuz has solid hips and feet for 6’9.5, he’s just got terrible technique hopping instead of sliding...having to pick both feet up laterally like you’re tap dancing can make a tall guy look like they have slow, awkward feet

That is actually fascinating. My coaches when I was younger used to get on me about sliding my feet in a stance, but I always felt like I was a lot slower defending that way. They'd make me do laps around the court sliding laterally which helped some. I always marvel at defenders who seem to slide sideways effortlessly like they're on ice. I was never comfortable with it, but I made up for it by having long arms and playing against scrubs . I guess some people just don't have the biomechanics for it.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:19 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
hype wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Contrary to Phil Handy's name, his forte is supposedly in player footwork. So maybe it will happen for Kuzma.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 537, 538, 539 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 538 of 880
Jump to: