OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 539, 540, 541 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject:

Anyone else hoping for good things from Year 3 Kuz? Y3K!
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject:

Kuzma will be a 20 point scorer this year. Book it!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject:

Better year this year, Kuz or BI?

Both will be on basically different teams.

BI will be with a gnarly group of defenders but poor spacing issues may be the bane of the Pels.

Kuz now has AD who is a legit 26-28ppg scorer. Then you have Boogie too and that's a lot of changes to the big man rotation.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

BI will be with a gnarly group of defenders but poor spacing issues may be the bane of the Pels.

Kuz now has AD who is a legit 26-28ppg scorer. Then you have Boogie too and that's a lot of changes to the big man rotation.

If they both stay healthy i would expect Ingram to put up better numbers. Who is the better player is another argument.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If they both stay healthy i would expect Ingram to put up better numbers. Who is the better player is another argument.

I think BI is the better player with a higher ceiling, but Kuz may be put in a good position to be a more efficient scorer thanks to additions like AD/Boogie who are big men who can pass. Plus there is much better spacing this year too.

Pels will have an awesome defense but they have such poor floor spacing, even adding JJ Reddick. I feel like poor spacing hurts BI more than helps him.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
defense wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think BI is the better player with a higher ceiling, but Kuz may be put in a good position to be a more efficient scorer thanks to additions like AD/Boogie who are big men who can pass. Plus there is much better spacing this year too.

Pels will have an awesome defense but they have such poor floor spacing, even adding JJ Reddick. I feel like poor spacing hurts BI more than helps him.

Reminds me a little bit of the Andrew Bynum vs. Chris Kaman debate, who was the better player?

Bynum, when he was healthy was by far the superior athlete. But injuries, and I think some maturity issues limited him in his career. Chris Kaman, playing on lesser teams, got more scoring opportunities, stayed healthier and took longer for his skills to diminish, and his maturity helped him carve out a more player-stat successful career. True, Chris didn't win any rings, but Kaman as our starting center in the prime Kobe/Lamar/Gasol years would have done just as well or maybe better.

Not a big Ingram fan, but he is the better overall player, especially defensively. And as many have noted, a couple years younger than Kuzma, so his upside potential is still there. Health, I still say is a big issue going forward, I wouldn't want to give him a big contract, but maybe that's just me. I think Ingram was just the wrong type of player for what we became as a team, especially with Lebron here.

I really like Kuzma, and he has been one of my favorite players. The extra years in school I think really helped him be ready, I think if came out 2 years earlier like Ball or Ingram, we'd see a lot of the same types of issues with him. What I like about Kuzma is his willingness to adapt, I think more so than Ingram, he will listen to what the coach wants and try to meet the expectation.

With this team, I think Kuzma is the better fit. If we didn't have Lebron, then Ingram would have been a better fit next to Davis. But without Lebron here, Davis probably doesn't consider the Lakers....
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject:

I predict Kuzma leads team USA and comes back a real American hero
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Kuzmanian Devil
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I would also expect Ingram to play better defense.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Well, once Zion goes down, BI will most likely have more shot attempts than Kuz.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
It may be Kuzma's older age, but he looked as good as Lonzo and sometimes even Ingram. And he was a late first round choice and the others were number 2. So Kuzma is a steal at his draft position and salary.

And he now has a teammate he should try to emulate. Danny Green.
Great defender and clutch three point shooter. Plays on championship teams and contributes. May not be the star but that type is needed to win the chip.

Danny Green, Demarcus, Kuzma, Bradley can all be the third option depending on the matchups.

Lonzo and BI at kuzma age will show you the difference in talent
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
defense wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

To me Ingram’s best stretch has been better than Kuzma beat stretch. But it’s all about consistency honestly for BOTH of them. Kuzma hasn’t shown me he wants to do anything on a consistent basis besides score. BI has had to go through practically every role possible as a Laker so he never really had much chance to get comfortable in any one role. Kuz has pretty much always been a finisher which is absolutely his strong suit. I want both guys to step up their games and become good at things outside of their comfort zones. They both have the abilities.

But as Yinoma said, spacing could REALLY be an issue for the Pelicans.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:

Reminds me a little bit of the Andrew Bynum vs. Chris Kaman debate, who was the better player?

I don't think this was actually ever a debate.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Didn't Kaman make noise about being deserving of an All Star berth over Bynum (and Gasol too, for crying out aloud). I remember the talking heads on radio drumming up frenzy around "too many" Laker All Stars
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Kuz has peaked.

BI > Kuz
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:
Kuz has peaked.

BI > Kuz

Lol no
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
RG73 wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Didn't Kaman make noise about being deserving of an All Star berth over Bynum (and Gasol too, for crying out aloud). I remember the talking heads on radio drumming up frenzy around "too many" Laker All Stars

In 2010, people debated whether Kaman or Bynum deserved to make the all-star team as a replacement player. Kaman was selected. Bynum made the all-star team two years later. In both cases, their selections were due more to the weakness of the center position than how good they were.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:29 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:
Kuz has peaked.

BI > Kuz

Lol no

Lol yes
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:04 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
defense wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

To me Ingram’s best stretch has been better than Kuzma beat stretch. But it’s all about consistency honestly for BOTH of them. Kuzma hasn’t shown me he wants to do anything on a consistent basis besides score. BI has had to go through practically every role possible as a Laker so he never really had much chance to get comfortable in any one role. Kuz has pretty much always been a finisher which is absolutely his strong suit. I want both guys to step up their games and become good at things outside of their comfort zones. They both have the abilities.

Going to be interesting to see how they address the spacing issue. It may not be as big an issue IMO

They do have some shooting. Roddick, Moore is over 40%, Miller 37% and multiple players in the low to mid 30s. Not great but manageable in the half court. Especially if more efficient looks can translate to a few % points of improvement for some.

A big key will be how well they convert defense to fast breaks and secondary offense instead getting clogged down in the half court. Even then they do have multiple players capable of breaking down defenses and getting open looks. We will see if they can hit them consistently enough.

Not sure if it will translate to wins but I expect entertainment.
Needmedoingthis
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:23 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:
Kuz has peaked.

BI > Kuz

Lol no

Lol yes

It's not a terrible take. when he scored (40?) points against Houston in Houston i thought the kid was going to b the (bleep) in the last year with LeBron, but i just seen a lot of 14 and 5 nights.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:41 am    Post subject:

Needmedoingthis wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:
Kuz has peaked.

BI > Kuz

Lol no

Lol yes

It's not a terrible take. when he scored (40?) points against Houston in Houston i thought the kid was going to b the (bleep) in the last year with LeBron, but i just seen a lot of 14 and 5 nights.

He ya had a lot of duds when zo or bron are out and he has to create himself. Also his Def is atrocious. That Philly game he was on fire had something like 20 points in first quarter and usually teams should be up when one of your players are on fire. Unfortunately the guy he was guarding had same explosion until Ingram was switched onto him
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:56 am    Post subject:

This BI vs. Kuzma I think has descended into a Twilight saga rivalry of Edward Vs. Jacob.

Can't we just wish both players well - maybe play out this season:

Which player will play the most games/minutes this year?
Which player will have the best stats offensively?
Which player will be on the more successful team?
Which player will go further in the playoffs?

Lets play the season out, and then we can say who is further along to becoming a solid starter or emerging star....
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:09 am    Post subject:

Ingram is much better than Kuzma. The only reason why Kuzma might put a better stat is because he won’t get that much defensive attention.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
defense wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Going to be interesting to see how they address the spacing issue. It may not be as big an issue IMO

They do have some shooting. Roddick, Moore is over 40%, Miller 37% and multiple players in the low to mid 30s. Not great but manageable in the half court. Especially if more efficient looks can translate to a few % points of improvement for some.

A big key will be how well they convert defense to fast breaks and secondary offense instead getting clogged down in the half court. Even then they do have multiple players capable of breaking down defenses and getting open looks. We will see if they can hit them consistently enough.

Not sure if it will translate to wins but I expect entertainment.

But we saw firsthand the spacing issues presented by Lonzo/BI's inability to hit 3s consistently. Add in Favors who isn't a stretch big and we have ourselves a pretty congested area.

I think BI would be better served on a team with more starting caliber players who can shoot, with him being a ball handling focus. Pels are not that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:27 am    Post subject:

With Kuz/BI, it's a question of better fit.

I don't think it's a debate about which has a higher ceiling. That's BI for me.

But fit? I think Kuz fits a lot better with this current team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 539, 540, 541 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 540 of 880
Jump to: