OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 546, 547, 548 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Brandon Ingram would have killed it. Kuzma has to show something that makes us believe he's next level legit or potential.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Brandon Ingram would have killed it. Kuzma has to show something that makes us believe he's next level legit or potential.

https://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/brandon_ingram_vs_kyle_kuzma.htm

Statistically speaking, it's a wash between both BI and Kuz and we don't need any convincing who's the man when it comes to durability, 3 pt or FT shooting percentages.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

Was BI even invited? If he wasn't, that may imply something.

--Anonymous
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

https://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/brandon_ingram_vs_kyle_kuzma.htm

Statistically speaking it's a wash between both BI and Kuz and we don't need any convincing who's the man when it comes to durability, 3 pt or FT shooting percentages.

I watch the games. It's not a wash. BI is a better defender, better dribbler, creater off the dribble, passer, BI was more efficient after the all star game and shown that he had a stronger mentality than Kuzma when trade talks happen, Kuzma disappeared and BI got better.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

BI got surgery and hasn't healed yet. He can't play basketball right now.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Statistically speaking, it's a wash between both BI and Kuz and we don't need any convincing who's the man when it comes to durability, 3 pt or FT shooting percentages.

Proclaiming Kuz as the man in regards to shooting is pretty absurd.

As far as his play is concerned on the national team, once the offense is settled I think he'll look better.

He's a Laker BI and Zo aren't. I don't think we should be dumping on any of those guys but to suggest that Kuz is the superior player is silly, especially considering the age gap.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

So BI wouldn't have killed it.

--Anonymous
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

If healthy, he would have.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

--Anonymous
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what is it you're trying to communicate?
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Kuz hate from Lakers fans, particularly from Zo and Ingram Stans, is the most bizarre thing ive ever seen from this fan base.

The fact fans of this team are openly rooting for Kuz to fail because they are upset he's still here, while their favorites were shipped to New Orleans is really sad and pathetic.

Fact is, Kuz has produced more from day one than any of the recent young draft picks we've had.

That is fact.

Produced more, fits better, works harder and is more capable of helping the Lakers WIN NOW, than any of the players shipped out in that trade.

I for one cant wait to see what he's able to do playing with two all world players and a ton of proven vets.

I have a feeling Kuz will not disappoint.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
Kuz hate from Lakers fans, particularly from Zo and Ingram Stans, is the most bizarre thing ive ever seen from this fan base.

The fact fans of this team are openly rooting for Kuz to fail because they are upset he's still here, while their favorites were shipped to New Orleans is really sad and pathetic.

Fact is, Kuz has produced more from day one than any of the recent young draft picks we've had.

That is fact.

Produced more, fits better, works harder and is more capable of helping the Lakers WIN NOW, than any of the players shipped out in that trade.

I for one cant wait to see what he's able to do playing with two all world players and a ton of proven vets.

I don't think we should be dumping on any of them, but on the flip side are we being honest when we say he "works harder" "produced more"?

How do you criticize these supposed "stans" while engaging in hyperbole yourself?

Kuz will be fine once that offense is settled, I think we can admit he didn't look impressive but that's okay, he'll find his way. Working under Pop and better quality teammates should only help to improve his game.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Nothing wrong with having favorite players, and I know its tough on much of the fan base, when their favorite young players get traded.

I think Kuzma will be just fine, and with a potentially deep team like we have now, he might be playing only 20-24 minutes a game. So, his stats will probably come down, but that doesn't mean he won't be a good or important player to us, just that we are more versatile than we have been in probably a decade.

If Kuzma scores 12-14 ppg, and we win 50 games and make the second round of the playoffs, that's a whole lot better than any season since Kobe got hurt. I'll take a good year with an average Kuzma over a 30 win Laker team with a 18 ppg Kuzma.

Its about the Lakers, not just one player.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

The one who is 3 years older than the other?
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

Not on the team...
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:19 am    Post subject:

I'm liking the early signs of his jumper form, props to Lethalshooter.
Well I'm liking most of the early signs. On the USA scrimmage 3 you can see he was unbothered by the contest, and it was clear it was because of the high pocket; I saw this in a different clip a couple weeks ago too. Ball also had a nice arc/trajectory on it; which is something I look for specifically on shorter deep shots - this was a FIBA line 3, and I think his previous form was prone to line drives and bad trajectories - GT also said on his twitter that the ball landed softly..which happens on shots with nice arc.

Only iffy thing I've seen is his shot pocket was so unnaturally high on a practice FT I saw. his armpit angle was way past 90degrees, like egregiously past it - further than Kevin Durant who has a high pocket... on Kuz' jumpers it looks fine though.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:08 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Statistically speaking it's a wash between both BI and Kuz and we don't need any convincing who's the man when it comes to durability, 3 pt or FT shooting percentages.

I watch the games. It's not a wash. BI is a better defender, better dribbler, creater off the dribble, passer, BI was more efficient after the all star game and shown that he had a stronger mentality than Kuzma when trade talks happen, Kuzma disappeared and BI got better.

You should judge a whole season and not need to tailor your argument by selecting when the particular player played his best.

Anyways, he’s not on the team. Move on, this is a Kuzma thread.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Statistically speaking, it's a wash between both BI and Kuz...

Except Ingram is younger still than Kuzma was as a rookie, with a much higher upside.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

So KD wouldnt have killed it either with your logic
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

You should judge a whole season and not need to tailor your argument by selecting when the particular player played his best.

Anyways, he’s not on the team. Move on, this is a Kuzma thread.

I'm talking about Kuzma in his thread and I am judging a whole season. The only part I'm talking after the all star break is efficiently they were on par, until BI eclipsed him after all star break. Kuzma showed he wasn't able to handle pressure, when trade talks came about and he was in it, where as BI got better. BI is mentally stronger. Better defender. Better dribbler. Better creator off the dribble. Better passer. I prefer BI's scoring more than Kuzma's because BI can score off the dribble, take players inside, mid-range, fade away and spread it out to 3; BI is more fundamentally skilled. Kuzma moves better with out the ball though to shoot a 3 and they say that is what we need because it is better fit with bron. I just disagree with that and BI is younger, with more length.

Last edited by Outspoken on Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:45 am; edited 6 times in total
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:

That is fact.

People criticizing the things hes saying. People seem to forget his rookie year he was older than year 3 BI and zo. Him saying BI and ZO will be stars outside of LA without the pressure yet BI was producing while Kuz was terrible when the trade rumors were in full force not a good look.

I hope he becomes a star because that means well be winning the title but the way hes been running his mouth and all his ass kissing has rubbed me the wrong way.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

BI is a better player. That’s why at 19 he was a 2nd pick. Higher ceiling. But he’s not on our team anymore so I hope Kuz can crush it this year.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject:

Guys I think at this moment BI is a better player. But thing is the AD trade couldn’t be done if we kept BI instead of Kuzma because of salaries or at least we couldn’t have a chance at a max. And pelicans might have wanted BI more
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

So KD wouldnt have killed it either with your logic

My response was clear. If BI had been playing instead of Kuzma, BI would not have "killed it." He would have had a hard time playing at all since he was coming off of surgery. What is wrong with that logic? Is BI so good that he can "kill it" when he is injured? I think not. If KD was playing instead of Kuzma he wouldn't have killed it either (since he too in injured). To "kill it," a player needs to be able to get on the court--it is a minimum requirement.

--Anonymous
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

So that wasn’t Kyle Kuzma showing up in Boston out playing Tatum? My bad him and Ingram must look alike. So that wasn’t Ingram
That was of 14 on shots my bad

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 546, 547, 548 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 547 of 880
Jump to: