OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 553, 554, 555 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Kyle Kuzma scored 12 points, (4-of-5 from 3)

It would have been 4-4 but he was forced to take a half-court heave before the half ended.

It was great seeing Kuz putting all the off-season work on his shot into actual game conditions. We see a lot of off-season work vids of players alone in the gym working on their shots but they don't have the confidence to take them during games.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject:

He shoots like that from deep this season. We're sitting pretty. Top 2 seed in the West is possible.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

Kuzma is going to be a valuable player for us next season.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

It is hard to believe that of 3 second picks and a 7th pick, Kuzma at the
28th pick is still around and will probably contribute the most.

If Kuzma can play good defense at Team USA level, he should be ok in the NBA. His shooting is already good.

Kuzma will turn out to be the best draft choice in 10 years.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject:

Watched most of the game and Kuzs defense was impressive. Was playing hard on both ends and on the glass all night. If he brings that motor and effort to the season we might have our 3rd star on the cusp
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject:

I feel like he was always pressing so hard to show that he was in the same class as BI/Zo (#2 picks). Sometimes it felt so fake and annoying.

But I think now that he's basically the only YUTE left, he will excel. There is a clear hierarchy with LBJ/AD and he can settle in his role. Really excited to see what he can offer this team.

People forget that at one point, in 2017, he was named to the all Pac-12 all defense team. I completely forgot that and he did not show that pedigree the past few years in the NBA. Hopefully it's all coming full circle for him now.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

3 point line is shorter FYI
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

Kuz hitting the 3pts is key to us winning this season.

Kuz stat the last 2 season

> 1/3 of his 3pts attempt we have a 45W / 30L a .600 winning %.

< 1/3 of his 3pts attempt we have a 22W / 50L a .305 winning %

Seeing Kuz hit his 3pts this USA basketball bolds well to our success this season.

Bi and Zo on the other hand, I could not find any reasonable game stat that produce a good winning %. Best I found was Zo getting 10 or more reb which is not a reasonable stat to count on which leads to a 8W / 3L a .727 winning %

As much haters or detractor Kuz have in this board if he shoot well on 3pts we win most of our games
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:

That's good to keep in perspective. But his short form looks great and the ball is dropping, which is encouraging. Those corner 3s are the same distance, I assume. And his D is also very encouraging.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/JoeyARamirez/status/1164580018426564608?s=20

Some clips of Kuzmas defense vs Australia
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject:

Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

That's good to keep in perspective. But his short form looks great and the ball is dropping, which is encouraging. Those corner 3s are the same distance, I assume. And his D is also very encouraging.

His top of the key 3s are the same distance as NBA 3 on any part of the bend..
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:

Seeing Kuz hit his 3pts this USA basketball bolds well to our success this season.

Bi and Zo on the other hand, I could not find any reasonable game stat that produce a good winning %. Best I found was Zo getting 10 or more reb which is not a reasonable stat to count on which leads to a 8W / 3L a .727 winning %

As much haters or detractor Kuz have in this board if he shoot well on 3pts we win most of our games

I'm with you... people, I assume, value Zo and BI more as prospects because they were top 2 picks which I think inherently holds more value than a 27th who exceeded expectations while the two #2's are "still scratching the surface" and "show flashes".

Maybe both have higher ceilings, but I think Kuz is more likely to hit his ceiling. And if he does add in defensive effort like and get back to 35%+ 3pt shooting, he's the perfect fit and arguably best choice out of those 3.

Kuz deserves more love than he gets but I understand the warts people have seen on his game. He seems committed to correcting those.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject:

I still think Zo/BI will pan out and hit higher ceilings than Kuz. But that's not our problem at this point. We have AD (OMG) and we have Kuz. I think Kuz may be in for a breakout season. Year 3 is really important contract extension-wise and now he is basically the only YUTE left so he doesn't have to "compete" with them.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
DLaker wrote:

I'm with you... people, I assume, value Zo and BI more as prospects because they were top 2 picks which I think inherently holds more value than a 27th who exceeded expectations while the two #2's are "still scratching the surface" and "show flashes".

Maybe both have higher ceilings, but I think Kuz is more likely to hit his ceiling. And if he does add in defensive effort like and get back to 35%+ 3pt shooting, he's the perfect fit and arguably best choice out of those 3.

Kuz deserves more love than he gets but I understand the warts people have seen on his game. He seems committed to correcting those.

Bi and zo are above kuz imo in that kuz isn’t able to create his own shot. zo was giving kuz open looks since game 1 of SPl and BI was able to create for himself and others. Kuz hitting his shots will be huge. Last ya he was bricking open 3s. He hits at a solid clip he can easily hit 20ppg just off cuts and open 3s
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Haters gonna cricket.

Why would the haters cricket? Because he was 4 - 5 from 3 point?
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
2019 wrote:
DLaker wrote:

Bi and zo are above kuz imo in that kuz isn’t able to create his own shot. zo was giving kuz open looks since game 1 of SPl and BI was able to create for himself and others. Kuz hitting his shots will be huge. Last ya he was bricking open 3s. He hits at a solid clip he can easily hit 20ppg just off cuts and open 3s

You are giving too much credit to Zo, Kuz is open cause he moves, hustle and cuts beating his defender giving Zo open player to hit. Unless its a fast break, Zo does not drive or finish good enough for def to collapse. Zo best attribute is his activity on the def and his vision during a defensive stop (fast break or long pass). As far as BI, we can handle the rock, but he is not fast enough to get pass defenders. Since he is a stick, he gets a lot of fouls called when he gets a little bit bodied by the def. His best attribute is his length allowing him to shoot over def which is a good thing he has length cause hit release point is low.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

I really don't know who his jumper looks like. Really doesn't look too dissimilar from last year; more of tweaks than overhaul - and I'm usually quick to call something an overhaul. The first vid LethalShooter put out of him; doesn't look like the form he's using - maybe it was just a drill to sync his jump with his arm motion, which looks better than last year. Shot looks great.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
He shoots like that from deep this season. We're sitting pretty. Top 2 seed in the West is possible.

Definitely
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject:

"People believe Zo/Ingram are better prospects because of their draft spots" is a really dumb thing to say. It is believed that they are based on actual gameplay.

With that being said, Kuz is a Laker, they aren't. We no longer need to do the vs thing. We can simply celebrate Kuz's eventual growth and improvement without comparing him to players that are no longer here.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Chandler Parsons, circa his Houston days. That's the level of play I want to see from Kuzma. Play with motor, don't let the ball stick, and hit the deep ball at a high rate. Kuz is the same age CP was while in Houston.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Chandler Parsons, circa his Houston days. That's the level of play I want to see from Kuzma. Play with motor, don't let the ball stick, and hit the deep ball at a high rate. Kuz is the same age CP was while in Houston.

Ya, they're the same size.. Kuz is a bit heavier and a lot longer.. Parson's played good perimeter D.

I want to see Kuz impart some Gallo into his game.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
"People believe Zo/Ingram are better prospects because of their draft spots" is a really dumb thing to say. It is believed that they are based on actual gameplay.

With that being said, Kuz is a Laker, they aren't. We no longer need to do the vs thing. We can simply celebrate Kuz's eventual growth and improvement without comparing him to players that are no longer here.

Before you call what someone says "really dumb", maybe you should actually have the basic reading comprehension skill level to understand what they wrote. So in this case, calling my statement dumb is quite ironic.

To even quote incorrectly adds to the irony.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
Haters gonna cricket.

Kuz gonna prove haters wrong all season.

I hope he does, this is team USA tho. We’ve all seen Carmelo look like the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ on team USA. So I won’t get carried away with what he did this game. He is 24 already, about time he has a breakout season.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
Haters gonna cricket.

Why would the haters cricket? Because he was 4 - 5 from 3 point?

BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I feel like he was always pressing so hard to show that he was in the same class as BI/Zo (#2 picks). Sometimes it felt so fake and annoying.

He’s been so cringe 😬

Hopefully now he’ll be more tolerable and easier to root for.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 553, 554, 555 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 554 of 880
Jump to: