OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Kuzma-Nance could be an awesome bench tandem

Zo
KCP
BI
KUZ
NANCE

That would be a very interesting lineup late in games to close things out defensively.

Love it. Kuz+Nance will have outstanding chemistry imo. The Randle/Nance small ball lineup didn't have enough shooting, which defeats the entire purpose of small ball.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Kuzma-Nance could be an awesome bench tandem

Zo
KCP
BI
KUZ
NANCE

That would be a very interesting lineup late in games to close things out defensively.

Love it. Kuz+Nance will have outstanding chemistry imo. The Randle/Nance small ball lineup didn't have enough shooting, which defeats the entire purpose of small ball.

Ya I can't wait to see the passing chemistry that our small ball lineups will have. Nance and Kuzma are really good on-beat halfcourt passers, and Julius should find Kuz for 3s in transition (or get him lanes to attack from there)
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think we will have to squeeze in some minutes at SF for Kuz to get the PT he needs. With his shot I think he can get away with some backup SF minutes.

Of course he can get away with it. I've been saying this (bleep) the last 3 days.

Not only that, but think about the other options: Loul Corpse Deng, or Corey career 28% 3P shooter Brewer?

The choice between Kyle or those 2 at backup SF is clear. It's not even close.

Haha. Deng is one of those zombies from Walking Dead. He moves like one for sure. His effin joints and bones must creak and crackle when he gets up in the morning.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject:

This is the type of double-effort defensively that Randle is infuriatingly inconsistent with. He often refused to close-out just for a singular effort, and I saw Luke bench him for it and talk to him on the sideline, a couple times. It was a big point of contention with them.

Now, Kuzma wasn't good defensively this SL either - per Cranjis. So we'll see which player is the better defender during the season..
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject:

Kuzma is the real deal and will be the starter in the NBA. Not in his rookie season perhaps but he will contribute immediately and average around 8 ppg. The guy can play and is ready to play.
I want to keep Nance as Nance is a great energy player and could be a 6th man of the year caliber every year but Kuzma is a starter.
Now where does that leave Randle you ask? I don't know. He is most talented out of the 3 but lacks the feel for the game, lacks fundamentals. Its questionable whether you can win with him. Well be that as it is, I am fairly sure Pelinka will pick up on it fast and decide whether or not to keep Randle.

The great news is we do have 2 players with great feel for the gamel and great fundamentals. Nance and Kuzma.

Too many talented.players at the same position, good problem to have.
If you ask me who do I take 3 years from now, its Kuzma not even close.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject:

Article on Kuzma's background: http://foxsports1340am.com/kyle-kuzmas-success-far-from-accidental/
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject:

What goes around, comes around... they let him slide all the way to No.27. No wonder the Lakers were ecstatic to get him. I'm calling him "Karma" from now on.

Outstanding pick. Nance & Karma, with BI & Pope?. a big man who can shoot threes...with what's his name (just kidding) orchestrating everything? I've been saying the word "wow" in the past three weeks than I've said it in the previous three years combined.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Article on Kuzma's background: http://foxsports1340am.com/kyle-kuzmas-success-far-from-accidental/

Noice....thanks for posting.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject:

That Jules/Kuzma/Nance PF battle will be nice in training camp.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
Why did he shoot poorly in college, but was lights out in summer league?

I don't follow college hoops.

Cranjis mentioned this on his Twitter feed:

Quote:
I was wrong w/Kuz, & never thought to look at this, but:

Kyle Kuzma Utah 3pt %s

NBA distance 3s: 41%

College 3 (w/o NBA distance 3s): 29%

He was a 41% shooter during college from NBA 3 point range, so it shouldn't surprise anyone what he did in the SPL. He's bad at shooting long 2s, but I don't imagine he'll be taking many of those shots in the NBA.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
akk7 wrote:

Quote:

Kyle Kuzma Utah 3pt %s

He was a 41% shooter during college from NBA 3 point range, so it shouldn't surprise anyone what he did in the SPL. He's bad at shooting long 2s, but I don't imagine he'll be taking many of those shots in the NBA.

Even some of his 3's in SL were well behind the 3 point line.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject:

I agree with you Yinoma about the battle for the PF position. I think its fair to say that Luke will value and place a premium on outside shooting and D from the position. Its a 3 way race at the spot, and I think Kuzma may come out the winner (this pains me because Larry is my favorite player).

Larry is questionable because of his overall health, his hesitancy on the floor, and his deep ball. He does provide D, covers a lot of ground, and provides intangibles which keeps him in the running. Julius is questionable in regards to his outside shot (although he did show an improvement) and D. It would not be surprising if he takes a big step forward this year. Its going to be interesting to see the outcome of Julius and Larry's off season work and how it translates on the floor.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I agree with you Yinoma about the battle for the PF position. I think its fair to say that Luke will value and place a premium on outside shooting and D from the position. Its a 3 way race at the spot, and I think Kuzma may come out the winner (this pains me because Larry is my favorite player).

Larry is questionable because of his overall health, his hesitancy on the floor, and his deep ball. He does provide D, covers a lot of ground, and provides intangibles which keeps him in the running. Julius is questionable in regards to his outside shot (although he did show an improvement) and D. It would not be surprising if he takes a big step forward this year. Its going to be interesting to see the outcome of Julius and Larry's off season work and how it translates on the floor.

I think all 3 guys will get a lot of opportunities to play given the fact that Kuz can play at the 3 or 5 situationally, and Randle and Nance are definitely going to see time at the 5 in small ball lineups.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
akk7 wrote:

Quote:

Kyle Kuzma Utah 3pt %s

It's a good thing he caught and corrected that because Kuzma was passing both the eye & % tests.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject:

If he can play the 5 D, Randle's future may be as the small Ball center and not at PF.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
akk7 wrote:

Quote:

Kyle Kuzma Utah 3pt %s

An incredibly fortunate oversight by those who drafted before No. 27. And something that will be paid more attention to before next year's draft. Kuzma is great kid, who is ready to contribute to a team now, with tons of potential to get even better. Exciting time to be a Laker fan.

Thinking of 'Position-less Basketball' at some point I want to see:

BI, Kuz, Nance, Randle on the court together at the same time.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
akk7 wrote:

Quote:

Kyle Kuzma Utah 3pt %s

An incredibly fortunate oversight by those who drafted before No. 27. And something that will be paid more attention to before next year's draft. Kuzma is great kid, who is ready to contribute to a team now, with tons of potential to get even better. Exciting time to be a Laker fan.

Thinking of 'Position-less Basketball' at some point I want to see:

BI, Kuz, Nance, Randle on the court together at the same time.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see these 4 on the court together with Lonzo. That's probably as versatile a defensive unit as we can put together.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
akk7 wrote:

Quote:

Kyle Kuzma Utah 3pt %s

jesus. NBA teams spend tons of money on scouting and analytics, and they let Kuzma slip right under their noses lol. This guy is going to be one of the best 3 point shooting bigs in the league
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:

I noticed this as well. Particularly the last 2 games he was consistently hitting from like 4 or 5 feet beyond the line. That's what gives me faith this isn't flash in the pan shooting. His stroke seems to allow him that range.

He'll earn his dues first year no doubt but he's got a bright future ahead of him in the purple and gold.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

dao wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
akk7 wrote:

Quote:

Kyle Kuzma Utah 3pt %s

jesus. NBA teams spend tons of money on scouting and analytics, and they let Kuzma slip right under their noses lol. This guy is going to be one of the best 3 point shooting bigs in the league

Kuzma was pure trash in his eyes before now. Take a look at the grade he gave the Lakers after the draft:

Ball: A+
Kuzma: C
Hart: B+
Bryant: B+

Not only did he give him a C, he proceeded to trash him afterwards. At least he did acknowledge that: "I was wrong w/Kuz, & never thought to look"....there you go. He never thought to look, and neither did teams who drafted, let's say, in the 15-24 range for now.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
dao wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
akk7 wrote:

Quote:

Kyle Kuzma Utah 3pt %s

Kuzma was pure trash in his eyes before now. Take a look at the grade he gave the Lakers after the draft:

Not only did he give him a C, he proceeded to trash him afterwards. At least he did acknowledge that: "I was wrong w/Kuz, & never thought to look"....there you go. He never thought to look, and neither did teams who drafted, let's say, in the 15-24 range for now.

i respect tim a lot and always find his opinion worth listening to, but i think he trusts the available analytics a little too much on for individual player evaluation. he's strong on team/system evaluations but player eval stuff is weaker.

that said, 90% of the basketball world missed on kuzma so it's not really something he can be faulted for.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
PG13 wrote:

I noticed this as well. Particularly the last 2 games he was consistently hitting from like 4 or 5 feet beyond the line. That's what gives me faith this isn't flash in the pan shooting. His stroke seems to allow him that range.

He'll earn his dues first year no doubt but he's got a bright future ahead of him in the purple and gold.

It isn't a fluke. Kuz shot well in college from NBA 3 point range. He was actually a poor shooter from college 3 point range.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Everybody is amazed by the 3-point shooting and rightfully so,

The 3-point shooting was amazing but what really impressed me was his recognition when players started running at him and the ability to use the pump fake and drive it to the rim.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
dao wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
akk7 wrote:

Quote:

Kyle Kuzma Utah 3pt %s

i respect tim a lot and always find his opinion worth listening to, but i think he trusts the available analytics a little too much on for individual player evaluation. he's strong on team/system evaluations but player eval stuff is weaker.

that said, 90% of the basketball world missed on kuzma so it's not really something he can be faulted for.

Not faulting him at all. I, too, have much respect for his work. Just kind of gloating in the fact that all of them missed it but us.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
dao wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
akk7 wrote:

Quote:

Kyle Kuzma Utah 3pt %s

Not faulting him at all. I, too, have much respect for his work. Just kind of gloating in the fact that all of them missed it but us.
the Lakers scouting department is really, really, really good. They were gushing over the Kuzma selection on draft night, and we see why. Getting guys like Nance and Kuzma at the end of the first round? This is the type of stuff we used to be jealous of the Spurs for doing.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 58 of 880
Jump to: