OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 605, 606, 607 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Kuz had a great game today

And will keep getting better
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Kuz getting in shape. If he can contribute 15-20 ppg that’s going to be huge
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Still looking lost on defense occasionally but I'm glad he's showing an all-around balanced offensive game instead of thinking he's a 3pt sharp shooter.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Shooting a really good % the last two games.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject:

This was a good game to build his confidence on. The Dubs are horrible on defense so it is time for players to get their groove on. Just need Kuzma to carry that over to the tougher teams coming up. Side note: Doesn’t exactly speak well of KCP’s game right now that he struggled against this Warriors team.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject:

chickenjoy24 wrote:
Still looking lost on defense occasionally but I'm glad he's showing an all-around balanced offensive game instead of thinking he's a 3pt sharp shooter.

9/19 from 3 in past three games.

How do we know he is not a sharpshooter?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:58 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
chickenjoy24 wrote:

9/19 from 3 in past three games.

How do we know he is not a sharpshooter?

Sharpshooters shoot in the high 30s to mid 40s on high volume..

It's okay that he's not. If he's in the mid 30s range that's good enough.

Which I think he's capable of doing.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:06 pm    Post subject:

all i can think of when i see kuzma now:

Kuz
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Atta boy!
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:10 am    Post subject:

He's getting his timing back and fine tuning his muscle development. He's doing what we've seen him do plenty of times before even though he still doesn't have near the lift he had last season.

I liked the young guys who were traded for AD but it's asinine to talk non stop crap about a guy who the whole world knows can play with the exception of some bitter posters on LG. As Mark Jackson said on ESPN's telecast, Popovich and Kerr rave about him after coaching him. Of course, we know better than they do because nobody would trade for him and he needs to go before his value shrinks.

The garbage posts in this thread are incredible.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:26 am    Post subject:

Last 3 games: 20ppg/5rebs/54%FG/48%3fg/92%FT

I know it's a small size but I think it's a good sign that he is starting to get back on track. Expecting another good game from him on Friday.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:39 am    Post subject:

Lets go Kuz
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:30 am    Post subject:

Kuzma 22 points 3-6 from 3
DLO 21 points 0-4 from 3

Love it

Kuzma now shooting 9-19 in his last 3 games from 3 point. This is the key for him between being a quality 3rd option or not.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject:

Kuz warming up, gotta cut down on silly turnovers tho, travelling calls
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Kuzma 22 points 3-6 from 3
DLO 21 points 0-4 from 3

Love it

Kuzma now shooting 9-19 in his last 3 games from 3 point. This is the key for him between being a quality 3rd option or not.

manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject:

This thread is gonna be deserted if he keeps this up. Where have all the haters gone?
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
This thread is gonna be deserted if he keeps this up. Where have all the haters gone?

I love the peace and quiet.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

Rounding into shape. Nice.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject:

His release on his shot looks a lot better to me. Less hurried, more arc.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject:

If you ask me, the term "hater" is the most asinine word in existence.

Like the terms "racist" and "genius", I have no idea what "hater" even means anymore. I suggest we all raise the maturity level up a few notches around here.

As for me and Kuzna, specifically my criticisms of him, they still stand. I haven't been a consistent criticizer of his game. I'm new, but my first critical post of Kuzma came after his best game of the season.

I'm sure there are some Kuzma critics who only come out after bad games, and I think that's wack, but I'm surely not one of them.

I think he played great. I still think for the season he's a 20-25 minute role-player/designated gunner who won't get many minutes down the stretch of meaningful games because good teams with good is guts will attack him and he doesn't have the defensive pedigree yet to withstand an imminent onslaught like that.

Great game. He played his game land did his job well. Kudos to him, but this so-called "hater" hasn't changed his opinion one bit.

Maybe if we read people's posts with more objectivity and nuance and less emotion, we all could have a much clearer understanding of each other's point of views.

Calling someone a "hater" because he sees and points out someones flaws is extremely simple-minded and crude.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:

Like the terms "racist" and "genius", I have no idea what "hater" even means anymore. I suggest we all raise the maturity level up a few notches around here.

As for me and Kuzna, specifically my criticisms of him, they still stand. I haven't been a consistent criticizer of his game. I'm new, but my first critical post of Kuzma came after his best game of the season.

I'm sure there are some Kuzma critics who only come out after bad games, and I think that's wack, but I'm surely not one of them.

I think he played great. I still think for the season he's a 20-25 minute role-player/designated gunner who won't get many minutes down the stretch of meaningful games because good teams with good is guts will attack him and he doesn't have the defensive pedigree yet to withstand an imminent onslaught like that.

Great game. He played his game land did his job well. Kudos to him, but this so-called "hater" hasn't changed his opinion one bit.

Maybe if we read people's posts with more objectivity and nuance and less emotion, we all could have a much clearer understanding of each other's point of views.

Calling someone a "hater" because he sees and points out someones flaws is extremely simple-minded and crude.

Nah Kuz will get better as season progress and also will get better defensively. Right now it’s matter of angles and timing on closing out shooters and denying the slashers their strong side. Also he can afford to be a bit more aggressive at that end.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

Kuzma is in the perfect role for him on this team. On days when the opposition lacks an offensive player that can really challenge him defensively, he can play more minutes. On days when he's playing against the Siakims and Gianniss of the world, his minutes could be limited.

I'm on record with my ideas on how to fix the roster's issues, and it doesn't include dumping Kuzma. However, purely hypothetically speaking, because I haven't done the footwork to know if there are any reasonable options that exist, if there was an opportunity to get a dynamic guard who could shoot, penetrate, and create, I'd probably do it. For example, pure hypothetical, if Kuzma could get you, Darius Garland or DeAaron Fox or on the lower end Kendrick Nunn, I'd definitely consider. I'm sure there are others who qualify as well.
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject:

Kuz starting to look like that 3rd option for us that we all hoped he'd be. The stroke is finally coming around and his defense has been much better this year compared to most of last season.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Nah Kuz will get better as season progress and also will get better defensively. Right now it’s matter of angles and timing on closing out shooters and denying the slashers their strong side. Also he can afford to be a bit more aggressive at that end.

I hear you. Bad defenders usually take time to learn how to defend. That's why I'm a huge proponent of pedigree. Guts that have always played defense, even since high school, can stink it up for a year in the league and bounce back to being solid or excellent because of the defensive skills that are imprinted into their cells. Kuzma doesn't have pedigree. Everything he's learning about defense is pretty new. We'll see. I hope you're right.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject:

koozy
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 605, 606, 607 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 606 of 880
Jump to: