OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 624, 625, 626 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Horry/Kuzma comparisons one of the worst ones I've read on this forum. Might as well compare Shaq to McGee

I won't defend that one. I was just noting he's no Rashard Lewis. Of course Horry is a stud, but am trying to find a comp who has a similar body type and a role that Kuz can follow.

I think Kuz thinks he's a 25ppg scorer. Just doesn't have the tools for that.

People who read your OP re: Horry know what you meant. There are people jumping into the middle of the discussion thinking we are comparing Kuzma and Horry. The question is can/should Kuz grow into the ROLE Horry played for us, and I think it's a good question.

I think that might be his sweet spot for this team. Horry was the master of doing the little things. I think Kuz already has the clutch gene, he just needs to put his hard hat on and play more blue collar on defense. Forget about trying to be the 20ppg guy. Seems he's trying to force himself into that 3rd option role.

I think it's a more realistic question than Kuz growing into the Odom role. That is just way outside of his skillset and it'll never happen.

Right. I'm not saying he's exactly like Horry, but he's not like Rashard Lewis either. 3 years in, I'm really confused about Kuz.

I was hoping he would adopt a lot of the little things that Horry did in his role. But Kuz thinks he's a scorer, and sometimes he gets scorching hot, but he won't that kind of volume on an AD/LBJ team.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Horry/Kuzma comparisons one of the worst ones I've read on this forum. Might as well compare Shaq to McGee

I won't defend that one. I was just noting he's no Rashard Lewis. Of course Horry is a stud, but am trying to find a comp who has a similar body type and a role that Kuz can follow.

People who read your OP re: Horry know what you meant. There are people jumping into the middle of the discussion thinking we are comparing Kuzma and Horry. The question is can/should Kuz grow into the ROLE Horry played for us, and I think it's a good question.

I think that might be his sweet spot for this team. Horry was the master of doing the little things. I think Kuz already has the clutch gene, he just needs to put his hard hat on and play more blue collar on defense. Forget about trying to be the 20ppg guy. Seems he's trying to force himself into that 3rd option role.

I think it's a more realistic question than Kuz growing into the Odom role. That is just way outside of his skillset and it'll never happen.

Right. I'm not saying he's exactly like Horry, but he's not like Rashard Lewis either. 3 years in, I'm really confused about Kuz.

I was hoping he would adopt a lot of the little things that Horry did in his role. But Kuz thinks he's a scorer, and sometimes he gets scorching hot, but he won't that kind of volume on an AD/LBJ team.

Exactly. The first question is what kind of player is the ideal 3rd option next to Lebron/AD. Next question who on this team can best fill that role?

I think the ideal 3rd option next to Lebron/AD is (1) a low usage, high efficiency guy on offense and (2) a dog on defense.

Kuz is trying to be a volume scorer. It didn't work for BI last year and that was without AD in the picture. I feel like we're an intangibles guy away. An Horry/Ariza type role player. I'm not sure if Kuz has the DNA to be that kind of player. He hasn't shown the instincts for it but it's a good blueprint.

Now that we're a quarter into the season, seems Jimmy Butler would've been the perfect fit Even moreso than Kawhi. It's too bad he wanted his own team.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Exactly. The first question is what kind of player is the ideal 3rd option next to Lebron/AD. Next question who on this team can best fill that role?

I think the ideal 3rd option next to Lebron/AD is (1) a low usage, high efficiency guy on offense and (2) a dog on defense.

Kuz is trying to be a volume scorer. It didn't work for BI last year and that was without AD in the picture. I feel like we're an intangibles guy away. An Horry/Ariza type role player. I'm not sure if Kuz has the DNA to be that kind of player. He hasn't shown the instincts for it but it's a good blueprint.

Now that we're a quarter into the season, seems Jimmy Butler would've been the perfect fit Even moreso than Kawhi. It's too bad he wanted his own team.

Said it before and I'll say it again (and it's pure pipe) but Klay Thompson is by FAR the best #3 option in the league for this team. Terms of fit, it's not even close. Any other star caliber player is going to have to suppress huge parts of their game to fit in.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject:

We have been given a clue as to why Kuz has not been playing well:

Frank Vogel says he expects everyone to play tonight despite the flu-like symptom issues. He says Kuz and AD are the most impacted but they’ll both play through it.

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/1202385341912506368

Poor Kuz. Injured before the season started, multiple eye pokes, a rolled ankle, and now the flu

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

Frank Vogel says he expects everyone to play tonight despite the flu-like symptom issues. He says Kuz and AD are the most impacted but they’ll both play through it.

Poor Kuz. Injured before the season started, multiple eye pokes, a rolled ankle, and now the flu

vicks or tiger balm and let's go
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Said it before and I'll say it again (and it's pure pipe) but Klay Thompson is by FAR the best #3 option in the league for this team. Terms of fit, it's not even close. Any other star caliber player is going to have to suppress huge parts of their game to fit in.

Beal is good too
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Yeah. But neither are realistically available now.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
drae wrote:

vicks or tiger balm and let's go

You mean some 'tussin?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:
textbook wrote:
Kuz needs to be a volume shooter. We’ve got too many vets ahead of him. He needs one big break out game and maybe that will get his mojo back. He looks hesitant out there. His roll needs to be offensive punch a la Lou will. This will only come if he starts to take more initiative and not care if he gets the evil eye from the vets. Scared money don’t make none

Are you more worried about Kuzma’s next contract or the Lakers winning their next championship?

His next contract of course!

Don’t we need kuzma to be that Lou will scorer off the bench to win the championship?

He’s not that type of player. Kuz excels on the move and on spot ups.
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Kuz looking like the love child of Brian Cook (minus Cook's shooting) and Kwame "butterfingers" Brown (minus the defense)
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Kuz got the flu
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject:

He's been reading LG, he cut his hair.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Brain cook or antawn Jamison,
Kuz is closer to cook now
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject:

So many band wagon fans....

He’s got an ankle injury and playing with the flu.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Besides working with Lethal Shooter to improve his shot, Kuz has also been training with a new Excuse Coach. The idea is to have a new excuse why he's sucking every 2-3 games. So far they've worked on stress reaction, eye abrasion, rolled ankle and now the flu. Will be interesting to see what they come up with for the remaining 60 games.

SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Doc JC wrote:
So many band wagon fans....

He’s got an ankle injury and playing with the flu.

How do you correlate being a bandwagon fan with having an issue with Kuz's play as of late??????????????????

I think he'll be fine btw.. eventually.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject:

I think Kuzma performance is mental. Look how many buzz beaters he has done already. Why does he make them? Because he isn’t thinking about it, there is no pressure in these situations.

That being said, it shows his potential the ability to make 3 point shots that are contested.

I think there is a ton of potential here. I am confident he will find his way ecs ting.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Shot blocker Kuz with 3 blocks

He's overthinking things at the moment, but played well
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Good game Kuz; 13 points, 3 blocks, 4 steals, +25
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Good game Kuz; 13 points, 3 blocks, 4 steals, +25

Started off rough.
But the buzzer beater 3s helped.
I like the effort on defense.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:26 pm    Post subject:

To his credit, Kuzma is really trying to play within the system and not over step his boundaries. He's also giving far more effort on D than seasons 1 and 2. His movement out there looks is little hesitant so maybe something is mental with him or hurting him.

He's been awful but he's trying and I don't see a trade where he ends up bringing back a piece that separates us from the Clippers the way he could if he gets back to being an 18/20ppg guy.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:46 am    Post subject:

Utah (+25)
Den (+8)
Mav (-15) (LBJ -16 and Rondo -18)
Wiz (+10) sprain ankle
NO (+8)
SA (+10)
Griz (+5)
OKC (-5) First time using glasses
OKC (+3) injured eye
ATL (+9)
Sac (-1)
GS (+21)
Phx (+10)

Kuz been battling to find his way to a basically new group all season long. Even though he been out of sync for the most part of the season more than expected with no preseason, he still mostly help the team out when he plays. But we still hear a lot of complain about Kuz who is basically a cheap contract. Give him time, I’m confident he will find his way.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:56 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
Utah (+25)
Den (+8)
Mav (-15) (LBJ -16 and Rondo -18)
Wiz (+10) sprain ankle
NO (+8)
SA (+10)
Griz (+5)
OKC (-5) First time using glasses
OKC (+3) injured eye
ATL (+9)
Sac (-1)
GS (+21)
Phx (+10)

Kuz been battling to find his way to a basically new group all season long. Even though he been out of sync for the most part of the season more than expected with no preseason, he still mostly help the team out when he plays. But we still hear a lot of complain about Kuz who is basically a cheap contract. Give him time, I’m confident he will find his way.

Nice. That's +/- right?
Good lineups.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:06 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
To his credit, Kuzma is really trying to play within the system and not over step his boundaries. He's also giving far more effort on D than seasons 1 and 2. His movement out there looks is little hesitant so maybe something is mental with him or hurting him.

He's been awful but he's trying and I don't see a trade where he ends up bringing back a piece that separates us from the Clippers the way he could if he gets back to being an 18/20ppg guy.

If he somehow manages to get anywhere close to Lou's contributions we are the clear favorites against them imo. I'm still nowhere close to being that confident in him though but nobody would be happier then me if he does.

This was one of my favorite games by him this entire season. His braindead moments were very limited.

I also seen him get into position for rebounds on the defensive glass several times and do some solid box outs.. I'm guessing the coaching staff clearly has been in his ear about that which is a great thing to see. As long as he keeps making small improvements on the little things outside of scoring and hopefully it gets instilled into him so it all becomes natural for him.

The 3 blocks even though they were in garbage time were all purely effort and he did a great job on them not to foul as well. On that subject I also noticed his technique when running out at the 3 is more cautious not to pick up stupid fouls which is another small but extremely important thing for the future.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:57 am    Post subject:

Still makes rookie mistakes but he was dominating in the garbage time. Those blocks at the rim got me hyped up at 11pm at night, poured some whiskey and woke up wife
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 624, 625, 626 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 625 of 880
Jump to: