OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma is 6'9''.

Wrong car IMO.

edit

guess I'm wrong.

Last edited by Hero Ball on Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

I want guys who will D up and take it personally when they get scored on. Lonzo gets a pass because he is The Savior.

Here we go. I can't wait for the many comments on Lonzo's supposed bad defense in the years to come.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I can't afford it. And I love my Prius.

I love my Yaris!
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
governator wrote:
NIKE contract

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/7/25/16024402/la-lakers-news-kyle-kuzma-porsche-birthday-present-vroom-vroom

Bruh that porche is like 80k, majority in here could prolly afford that. No need to have a Nike contract lol.

Props to you brother but I'm lucky to be in my Mazda at this point. I suppose if I moved back in with my pops and didn't have to pay rent I could do it.

Yeah, there's a big difference between "can I technically afford it" and "does it make sense to buy." But that's American consumerism for you.

My question, though, is this: He can afford a Porsche, but he can't afford to buy new pants that fit? Where's the flood Kuz? Geez.
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:
Roon wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
governator wrote:
NIKE contract

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/7/25/16024402/la-lakers-news-kyle-kuzma-porsche-birthday-present-vroom-vroom

Bruh that porche is like 80k, majority in here could prolly afford that. No need to have a Nike contract lol.

Props to you brother but I'm lucky to be in my Mazda at this point. I suppose if I moved back in with my pops and didn't have to pay rent I could do it.

Yep, that statement is patently false. First off, the base model is $85k. Secondly, insurance alone on a car like that is at least $200 a month. For a 22 year old? It's probably much higher than that. On top of your $1500+ monthly car payment and I highly doubt that a majority of the people here could afford it. I make over 6 figures a year and technically, I could buy this car even with my mortgage taken into account. But my quality of life would be garbage with that much money put into a vehicle. And that's the base friggin' model. Being able to buy is not the same as being able to afford. That's not even taking into account other operating costs.

Thanks six figures...go post on a car site

What are you even on about? You're welcome on your free lesson on how to budget your first car purchase, by the way.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject:

Kuzma was playing like Larry Bird.

Making three points look easy, handling the ball, his passing is very good for a big. Except by missing a few chippies around the basket the whole summer league was impressive.

Well deserved final MVP and somewhat snubbed for first team.
laker84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:

Making three points look easy, handling the ball, his passing is very good for a big. Except by missing a few chippies around the basket the whole summer league was impressive.

Its like Lakers drafted Magic (Ball) and Bird (Kuzma) in 2017 and McHale (Ingram) with handles and an European Abdul-Jabar(Zubac) in 2016 and Nance (Nance Jr) in 2015 all bringing back retro modern basketball... well these comparisons might be a bit of a stretch especially Zubac but I hope they can develop their games.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
governator wrote:
NIKE contract

Bruh, don't be like Rasheed Wallace now. Dude thought the average income in America was like $100 to $150k. I would bet the majority in here cannot afford that ride. But the key thing is how do we define "afford?" The majority in here probably can if all it means is getting by? Not paying your mortgage, not feeding your kids, not feeding yourself, etc. LOL!
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

laker84 wrote:
nash wrote:

Its like Lakers drafted Magic (Ball) and Bird (Kuzma) in 2017 and McHale (Ingram) with handles and an European Abdul-Jabar(Zubac) in 2016 and Nance (Nance Jr) in 2015 all bringing back retro modern basketball... well these comparisons might be a bit of a stretch especially Zubac but I hope they can develop their games.

Kuzma played like a top 8 pick and is also a great fit for us.

I love Nance and Zubac, but this kid was one of the main reasons we won the summer league title and he was the finals MVP.

Who cares if it was summer league? That was the deepest draft class in a while, we had so many talented kids on the floor and at the end of day the title is ours, we had the finals MVP, the summer league MVP and Ingram had a few Mamba moments.

Magic brought back the feeling to be a Lakers fan. I wasn't used to be the laughing stock of the league, to be hated winning titles is our tradition and the way things should be here.

The sweet beat LA is back, let's the haters hate, a summer league banner is something Clippers would put on the rafters
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
governator wrote:
NIKE contract

He should ship it to Brabus in Germany, add 150K to it.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject:

laker84 wrote:
nash wrote:

Haha. You're selling them all short.

Lakers did pass Nance Sr by 1 pick in 1981. Took Mike McGee. One of the costliest misses in LA era history. 6'11", top shot blocker at PF, scorer, athletic. That right there was our answer to McHale and the Twin Towers. I suspect it's not out of the realm of possibilities that Jeanie remembered the team not taking Larry. If that didn't annoy the hell out of the FO in the early 80s, I'd be surprised.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Yikes, I didn't know that. I can guess we all can blame Sharman, amirite?
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
governator wrote:
NIKE contract

Bruh, don't be like Rasheed Wallace now. Dude thought the average income in America was like $100 to $150k. I would bet the majority in here cannot afford that ride. But the key thing is how do we define "afford?" The majority in here probably can if all it means is getting by? Not paying your mortgage, not feeding your kids, not feeding yourself, etc. LOL!

Ugg, those Panameras are ugly as all get out. Fast big cars, but man I would not buy one cause of the looks. To each his own.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
laker84 wrote:
nash wrote:

Lakers did pass Nance Sr by 1 pick in 1981. Took Mike McGee. One of the costliest misses in LA era history. 6'11", top shot blocker at PF, scorer, athletic. That right there was our answer to McHale and the Twin Towers. I suspect it's not out of the realm of possibilities that Jeanie remembered the team not taking Larry. If that didn't annoy the hell out of the FO in the early 80s, I'd be surprised.

Butterfly Effect. Had the Lakers drafted Nance Sr., forgot the Cavs years and Nance Jr growing up in Akron. This version of Larry Nance Jr would have never been born! I mean, there probably would be a Nance Jr, just not this one.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Yikes, I didn't know that. I can guess we all can blame Sharman, amirite?

Look! We did get McGee, Jeff Lamp and Ray Tolbert. Does that count? Lamp at 15 by POR. Another great pick by them.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_1981.html
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
laker84 wrote:
nash wrote:

Butterfly Effect. Had the Lakers drafted Nance Sr., forgot the Cavs years and Nance Jr growing up in Akron. This version of Larry Nance Jr would have never been born! I mean, there probably would be a Nance Jr, just not this one.

Larry Jr's image in the team photo would be fading away piece by piece if we could get into a wormhole and draft Sr in 81.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
I think Kuzma's age was against him as much as anything when it came to his draft position.

And he is no Brian Cook- thank goodness! I could not stand that guy on the lakers, what a wasted pick he was even late in the first round. Dude could not leap higher than a single piece of paper laying flat.

While I'm on it, another interesting thing is that the Jazz passed on him at 24. Took a native New Yorker from Syracuse instead (Tyler Lydon). Then the Jazz traded 30 to us as well as 42 assuming Kyle would've slipped that far. This is not always the case, but they seem to me to have a pattern of taking guys who they assume can hack living in Utah longterm and here's a kid who left Michigan to play for the Utes. With him playing in their backyard, I guess he didn't impress their scouts. They seem to be sweet on foreign borns in the last decade, too. Maybe they're overlooking 3-4 year US born college kids. If Utah doesn't try to hedge their bets by placing emphasis on player personalities and/or backgrounds, maybe they should. Hayward over Paul George seems to me one of those picks, though he proved em wrong. Grew up in Indiana, played at Butler. Small town, Midwestern kid. They acted shocked when he bolted.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
governator wrote:
NIKE contract

Ugg, those Panameras are ugly as all get out. Fast big cars, but man I would not buy one cause of the looks. To each his own.

NO. The dude bought the wrong Panamera. Red wheels on those things always make me think the driver is a sponsor for McDonald's.

The ONLY correct Panamera is a Turbo Sport Turismo. That's it.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
governator wrote:
NIKE contract

Nope. Just. Nope.

Points for the Sport Kit provided by Porsche for the Panamera, but there are FAR better wheels than red, especially on a Porsche, unless it's a GT3 RS or something else ridiculous.

The only way to modify a modern Porsche is through Sharkwerks in Nor Cal. Just give them the car, tell them what you want, and they'll do the rest.

kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
governator wrote:
NIKE contract

Nope. Just. Nope.

Points for the Sport Kit provided by Porsche for the Panamera, but there are FAR better wheels than red, especially on a Porsche, unless it's a GT3 RS or something else ridiculous.

The only way to modify a modern Porsche is through Sharkwerks in Nor Cal. Just give them the car, tell them what you want, and they'll do the rest.

Spending money for car modifications is one of the great money wasters of all time. When you haven't made money for life (20 million plus in assets) there's nothing stupider. When you're new in the league, lease a nice car, get wheels and a stereo and call it a day.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
governator wrote:
NIKE contract

Nope. Just. Nope.

Spending money for car modifications is one of the great money wasters of all time. When you haven't made money for life (20 million plus in assets) there's nothing stupider. When you're new in the league, lease a nice car, get wheels and a stereo and call it a day.

When you have a passion for something and understand it as a long term investment, it's priceless.

kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
governator wrote:
NIKE contract

Nope. Just. Nope.

When you have a passion for something and understand it as a long term investment, it's priceless.

The term investment should never be used in the same sentence as car accessorizing. Almost nothing is a worse investment, well perhaps clothing is close.
Once you've signed you second contract have at it.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

The term investment should never be used in the same sentence as car accessorizing. Almost nothing is a worse investment, well perhaps clothing is close.

As someone that is knee deep in the automotive market for the past 15 years, I understand accessorizing usually depreciates a car faster.

But depending on brand, like Porsche, it holds. For others, like AMG and Mercedes before their merge, it appreciates. Same for 80s and early 90s BMW and Alpina.

Also, as someone that drives canyons on the regular, especially some particularly dangerous ones in California, Tennessee, North Carolina, and Virginia, it's worth it.

kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

As someone that is knee deep in the automotive market for the past 15 years, I understand accessorizing usually depreciates a car faster.

But depending on brand, like Porsche, it holds. For others, like AMG and Mercedes before their merge, it appreciates. Same for 80s and early 90s BMW and Alpina.

Also, as someone that drives canyons on the regular, especially some particularly dangerous ones in California, Tennessee, North Carolina, and Virginia, it's worth it.

Then it's a hobby, not an investment. The hobby may require modifications for performance and safety, but none can be called an investment. As someone who has also owned many high end automobiles I can say for certain that they are terrible investments.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Then it's a hobby, not an investment. The hobby may require modifications for performance and safety, but none can be called an investment. As someone who has also owned many high end automobiles I can say for certain that they are terrible investments.

Really?

What do you think AMG, Alpina, Sharkwerks, Singer Vehicle Design, Benton Performance, and others do?

Many high end automobiles are terrible investments. I've appraised over 10,000 of them. Has to be the right one.

That's why I said earlier. He bought the wrong car.

Last edited by Mike@LG on Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 68 of 880
Jump to: