OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

The term investment should never be used in the same sentence as car accessorizing. Almost nothing is a worse investment, well perhaps clothing is close.

As someone that is knee deep in the automotive market for the past 15 years, I understand accessorizing usually depreciates a car faster.

But depending on brand, like Porsche, it holds. For others, like AMG and Mercedes before their merge, it appreciates. Same for 80s and early 90s BMW and Alpina.

Also, as someone that drives canyons on the regular, especially some particularly dangerous ones in California, Tennessee, North Carolina, and Virginia, it's worth it.

Then it's a hobby, not an investment. The hobby may require modifications for performance and safety, but none can be called an investment. As someone who has also owned many high end automobiles I can say for certain that they are terrible investments.
It is true that the actual cars themselves are likely to quickly depreciate. Many owners, however, would argue that expensive cars bring other types of very important non-monetary returns.

--Anonymous
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject:

My mechanic is always raving about Porches and he knows his stuff, but I've never had one before. Maybe when I retire

Hopefully Kuz is getting help with how to manage his money. Some just don't understand how compounding works.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject:

ibitegirls wrote:
My mechanic is always raving about Porches and he knows his stuff, but I've never had one before. Maybe when I retire

Hopefully Kuz is getting help with how to manage his money. Some just don't understand how compounding works.

Once you get your second contract there's very little needed investment wise. Income producing real estate and T Bonds are adequate.The key is don't spend money like a fool.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

I like to basketball instead.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
I like to basketball instead.

Yep...is it ok if we talk hoops again?

#BannersOverBillboards
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

The term investment should never be used in the same sentence as car accessorizing. Almost nothing is a worse investment, well perhaps clothing is close.

As someone that is knee deep in the automotive market for the past 15 years, I understand accessorizing usually depreciates a car faster.

But depending on brand, like Porsche, it holds. For others, like AMG and Mercedes before their merge, it appreciates. Same for 80s and early 90s BMW and Alpina.

Also, as someone that drives canyons on the regular, especially some particularly dangerous ones in California, Tennessee, North Carolina, and Virginia, it's worth it.

Deals Gap and the Tail of the Dragon?
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
governator wrote:
NIKE contract

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/7/25/16024402/la-lakers-news-kyle-kuzma-porsche-birthday-present-vroom-vroom

Bruh that porche is like 80k, majority in here could prolly afford that. No need to have a Nike contract lol.

Bruh, don't be like Rasheed Wallace now. Dude thought the average income in America was like $100 to $150k. I would bet the majority in here cannot afford that ride. But the key thing is how do we define "afford?" The majority in here probably can if all it means is getting by? Not paying your mortgage, not feeding your kids, not feeding yourself, etc. LOL!

Ugg, those Panameras are ugly as all get out. Fast big cars, but man I would not buy one cause of the looks. To each his own.

NO. The dude bought the wrong Panamera. Red wheels on those things always make me think the driver is a sponsor for McDonald's.

The ONLY correct Panamera is a Turbo Sport Turismo. That's it.

That is a given Mike! But even to me the turbo wagon one is not the best looking ride. For that kind of cheddar I would go Maserati. I know they are slower, but dang they look so much better. Lease it like you said and don't worry about it falling apart after 30k miles.

Or get an 80's 911 re-imagined by Singer:)
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
governator wrote:
NIKE contract

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/7/25/16024402/la-lakers-news-kyle-kuzma-porsche-birthday-present-vroom-vroom

Bruh that porche is like 80k, majority in here could prolly afford that. No need to have a Nike contract lol.

Bruh, don't be like Rasheed Wallace now. Dude thought the average income in America was like $100 to $150k. I would bet the majority in here cannot afford that ride. But the key thing is how do we define "afford?" The majority in here probably can if all it means is getting by? Not paying your mortgage, not feeding your kids, not feeding yourself, etc. LOL!

Ugg, those Panameras are ugly as all get out. Fast big cars, but man I would not buy one cause of the looks. To each his own.

NO. The dude bought the wrong Panamera. Red wheels on those things always make me think the driver is a sponsor for McDonald's.

That is a given Mike! But even to me the turbo wagon one is not the best looking ride. For that kind of cheddar I would go Maserati. I know they are slower, but dang they look so much better. Lease it like you said and don't worry about it falling apart after 30k miles.

If you can afford a few hundred grand and don't mind waiting 3-4 years, then sure.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject:

GT did you get a new mic? Your voice sounds different lol
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
tox wrote:
GT did you get a new mic? Your voice sounds different lol

I did. I'm mixing and mastering the tracks too, although that's definitely a work in progress.

Ah, well good work (both on the content & presentation). Aside from maybe the beat being a little bit too loud, I thought the mastering was fine.

As far as Kuzma goes, that was informative as ever. I personally hope not to see the Kuzma at 5 experiment again, but that was definitely otherwise encouraging.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Thanks GT. Lot of nice raw defensive clay. I wish there was someone on the Coaching staff that I trust to mold it well. Clean up those few bad tendencies.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Great content as always and your videos are also looking really pro lately, congrats about that.

Let me ask you, do you think we are going to see Kuzma spending some time as backup SF?
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
governator wrote:
NIKE contract

I've heard too many horror stories about maserati's dependability. Good call leasing. They're the sexiest sounding cars on the road tho. I could listen to then purr all day.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Cool, I appreciate the feedback. A lot of research/trial & error on the production end of things.

No prob, always willing to give my feedback if it's wanted... to make up for not writing anything for a good while
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Great vidja. Very informative. Dispelled the notion that he's some great defender. Going to take time and coaching there
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject:

Nice wheels Kuz
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject:

Flashback: Kuzma vs Ball - Pac-12 Shootout

Quote:
Six months before leading the Lakers to the 2017 Summer League championship, Lonzo Ball and Kyle Kuzma went head-to-head in a battle between First Team All-Pac-12 selections.

Ball’s fourth-ranked UCLA Bruins entered Salt Lake City with a 17-1 record, but Kuzma and the Utes (12-4) had plenty of reason to expect an upset.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/170728-lonzo-ball-kyle-kuzma?cid=tw
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject:

Is it just my impression or Kuzma outclassed the performance of all our rookies from past 3 seasons including our 3 high lottery picks?

If my memory don't fails me I just remember Julius with a very good, still unremarkable summer league.

There is not much to talk about Ball in this regard, he had a HUGE summer league, but Kuzma actually was not too short in terms of performance and impact IMO.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Flashback: Kuzma vs Ball - Pac-12 Shootout

Quote:
Six months before leading the Lakers to the 2017 Summer League championship, Lonzo Ball and Kyle Kuzma went head-to-head in a battle between First Team All-Pac-12 selections.

Ball’s fourth-ranked UCLA Bruins entered Salt Lake City with a 17-1 record, but Kuzma and the Utes (12-4) had plenty of reason to expect an upset.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/170728-lonzo-ball-kyle-kuzma?cid=tw

Besides 15 points & 11 rebounds, the most impressive stat to me about Kuzma were the 6 assists. He proved it in college and now we've seen it in the SL: he can handle the ball and pass.

Skills-wise, he & Lonzo were made to play together, just as it's sounding like KCP is too.

Thanks for posting. Keep em' coming!
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Is it just my impression or Kuzma outclassed the performance of all our rookies from past 3 seasons including our 3 high lottery picks?

If my memory don't fails me I just remember Julius with a very good, still unremarkable summer league.

There is not much to talk about Ball in this regard, he had a HUGE summer league, but Kuzma actually was not too short in terms of performance and impact IMO.

The one thing that stands out about his play in the SL was his consistency. He was ballin' from the jump. It's a tale-tale sign.

He continued doing what he was doing in the latter part of his college career, at the combine, he then continued doing in the SL what he did at the combine.

Next is the NBA!
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:

Edit. 17 years.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject:

Anyone know which mock drafts had Kuzma the highest? I think nbadraft.net had him at 16. But curious who was highest on him.
laker84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject:

Some more videos of Kuzma

KUZMA, High Five , man!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA3wBJUOJt4

KUMZA, talks briefly about Utah
www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQvdzAAilWQ

Coach Kristowiak talks about Kuzma
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FrnKXc8vew
laker84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Nasty dunk by Kuzma in college practice

Most of his dunks don't show a high leaping ability that this one seems to show. But if he is able to build his strength and physicality and start to do this in the nba..OMG!
www.instagram.com/p/BKwNO5Jh2Fz/?taken-by=kuzmakyle
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject:

I like to think Kuzma has the ability to be Marion to Ball's Nash. Not exactly the same game but a guy that can feed off Ball the way Matrix did Nash. Versatile, putting pressure on the defense and being a perfect style fit to the way Lonzo runs an offensive unit.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 69 of 880
Jump to: