OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 698, 699, 700 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:05 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
Kuzma’s basketball IQ in a nutshell (Warning: VERY LOW)

https://twitter.com/knicks_tape99/status/1219438275267567622?s=21

Plays like this happen every game for him. He's in contention with McGee for biggest dumbass on the court.

I hate to do the yo yo after good and bad games. Sometimes we need to temper our feelings (both in excitement after good games and negativity after bad games). However, there is no denying that low IQ is a constant in Kuz's game.
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm just so confused about Kuz.

Yeah, I've gone back and forth on him all year. He'll flash All-Star ability one minute and commit bench-able offenses the next.

It's very weird. He's all over the map. From this amazing X-Factor some games to the most useless player on the court others. He's either really good or really bad.

I'm not sure how much of that is just mindset and focus. It's amazing that just last season he was being compared to Tatum and Ingram. Comparing him to Tatum or Ingram now would seem nonsensical. That was on full display yesterday. Tatum was locked in on both sides of the ball and was knockdown on open attempts. Kuz was haphazard on both sides with turnovers/missed passes on offense and lackadaisical coverage/missed assignments on defense. Plus he missed several open attempts.

It was a rough contrast to behold. All in all, if Kuz doesn't start playing better and with more consistency he might find himself on another team before Feb 9th
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject:

He is baffling to figure out. He had one play last night where he drove to the basket and tried to hand it off to Davis under the basket only to have the ball swatted away and become a turnover. He appeared annoyed at Davis and gave a little gesture. It appears his ego is still sky high.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Imagine how confused he is. He was part of the Brat Pack, getting publicity and being allowed to do what he wanted on the court. He was an all star on LG and in the media. Suddenly he is in the choir and no longer solo, and he is expected to fill a narrowly defined role. I never thought that he was cut out to be a role player on a contending team but I hope he proves me wrong. I think that Hart is that player and really wanted to swap the two in the AD trade.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:35 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Imagine how confused he is. He was part of the Brat Pack, getting publicity and being allowed to do what he wanted on the court. He was an all star on LG and in the media. Suddenly he is in the choir and no longer solo, and he is expected to fill a narrowly defined role. I never thought that he was cut out to be a role player on a contending team but I hope he proves me wrong. I think that Hart is that player and really wanted to swap the two in the AD trade.

He talked the talk all last season and off season, but has yet to deliver. He deserves all the heat hes getting.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject:

I agree, if we had a replacement then he should be putting up numbers on a bad team somewhere. But thanks to Pelinka, we don’t.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject:

Kuzma needs to man up and start looking for contact.

He comes in the game and hoists up 3-5 jumpers as if he is ray allen. Dude you can barely shoot from 3! (33%).

Come in the game with the mindset that you won't shoot jumpers until you get lay ups, FT.... this is what separates kobe, jordan, lebron from everyone... these guys used to get to the line 7-10s so when the jumpers not working they still affect the game.

His handles are also weak af.

I still believe in him, just needs someone to coach him thrugh.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject:

I just need him to make the extra pass, make some smart reads on offense, play passable defense, and grab more than 3 rebounds in a game. Is that too much to ask?
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:35 pm    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:
Kuzma needs to man up and start looking for contact.

He comes in the game and hoists up 3-5 jumpers as if he is ray allen. Dude you can barely shoot from 3! (33%).

Come in the game with the mindset that you won't shoot jumpers until you get lay ups, FT.... this is what separates kobe, jordan, lebron from everyone... these guys used to get to the line 7-10s so when the jumpers not working they still affect the game.

His handles are also weak af.

I still believe in him, just needs someone to coach him thrugh.

Something seems off with Kuz this year. He either lost explosiveness due to the injury or the injury is still in his head and he's trying to play it safe for his contract year next season.

These attempts for example would be floaters this year (which unfortunately he hasn't been converting at a high clip), instead of highlight dunks. He's on pace to finish with just 24 dunks this season compared to his 59 the previous year. Part of the reason may be the decrease in his overall FGA but I just haven't seen much explosiveness from him this season.

Regarding Kuz's ability to draw fouls, yes, it's something that's bothered me since his rookie year. It's a bit of an enigma. He frequently runs over defenders and gets called for offensive fouls so he's not really afraid of contact. And he also tries to flop a lot when shooting threes trying to get a four point play so he does try to get shooting fouls in that sense. It's a mystery to me why he doesn't try the same when he tries to finish in the paint.

As to his 3pt shooting, he's actually at 34% not 33% and he was at 36% probably just a week ago so it will probably settle at around 35% by the end of the season. Something that's quite noticeable though is how good he's been shooting from the corner. So far, he's been lights out shooting at a 58% clip while attempting them at a high rate than he's ever done in his career. Meanwhile he's only shooting 27.5% everywhere else from 3pt distance. Somebody has to tell him to quit shooting elsewhere and just shoot from the corner. Be a PJ tucker on offense who can attack closeouts better.
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:32 pm    Post subject:

He'll be 25 before the start of the next season and he (and his coaches) have to figure out yet which his role in this league (not just this team) will be.

Not a good sign if you ask me
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject:

cencio_999 wrote:
He'll be 25 before the start of the next season and he (and his coaches) have to figure out yet which his role in this league (not just this team) will be.

Nah Kuz has undeniable talent. Great touch around the rim and a serviceable stroke from deep and decent from the perimeter. His defense has steadily improved despite his reputation. I think he'd thrive best as a clear cut second option on a bad or middling team.

It would be interesting to see Kuz on another team during his contract year next season. Getting traded away from LA has been a great wake up call to our other young prospects.
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:

Nah Kuz has undeniable talent. Great touch around the rim and a serviceable stroke from deep and decent from the perimeter. His defense has steadily improved despite his reputation. I think he'd thrive best as a clear cut second option on a bad or middling team.

It would be interesting to see Kuz on another team during his contract year next season. Getting traded away from LA has been a great wake up call to our other young prospects.

If he got undeniable talent, he didn't stay in college for 3 years and selected at the end of the 1st round.

He has some offensive talent and nice lenght, but in 3 years he hasn't shown any consistency in most of his game, nor clear progress in some parts of it.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject:

cencio_999 wrote:
3baller wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:

If he got undeniable talent, he didn't stay in college for 3 years and selected at the end of the 1st round.

He has some offensive talent and nice lenght, but in 3 years he hasn't shown any consistency in most of his game, nor clear progress in some parts of it.

He's already shown he could be an 18ppg scorer beside a superstar last season. At worst, he'd be a sixth man of the year at some point of his career.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:52 pm    Post subject:

If Kuz gets traded to his home town of Detroit, at least he’ll have the shady hair and won’t have to fight off Blake for Kendall anymore. That last part is cuz, dude really adopted the MambaMentality quite literally, even going for what mambas do off the court.

https://amp.tmz.com/2020/01/21/vanessa-hudgens-kyle-kuzma-dinner-lakers-austin-butler-split/?__twitter_impression=true

Hey if you can’t go for that Vanessa, go for another.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
If Kuz gets traded to his home town of Detroit, at least he’ll have the shady hair and won’t have to fight off Blake for Kendall anymore. That last part is cuz, dude really adopted the MambaMentality quite literally, even going for what mambas do off the court.

https://amp.tmz.com/2020/01/21/vanessa-hudgens-kyle-kuzma-dinner-lakers-austin-butler-split/?__twitter_impression=true

Clarkson 2.0
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Clarkson 2.0

Clarkson can at least get his own shot off.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Clarkson 2.0

U thought I was talking about basketball? Lol
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Aye he’s a shooter fellas. Let him shoot his shot. Just wonder how many shot attempts he going to get in Detroit tho. Hope LA takes care of him like they did DLo in trading dude to BK. But if it turns out like Clarkson, yikes. Hope I don’t offend any natives of the land (get it? Indians)...but they call it Cleaveland for a reason.
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Clarkson 2.0

U thought I was talking about basketball? Lol

Kuz ain't in Clarkson's league off the court
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Venessa Hudgens is a grand slam. What? Wrong sport?
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:33 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:

He’ll be 25 THIS! year. I wouldn’t use the term “young prospect” so loosely like that.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:57 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Venessa Hudgens is a grand slam. What? Wrong sport?

Kuz can score
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:05 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
3baller wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:

He's already shown he could be an 18ppg scorer beside a superstar last season. At worst, he'd be a sixth man of the year at some point of his career.

I don't think he wants to be a bench player and that is making things tough on the court with him and the Lakers.

He has talent for sure, but not one that seems to blend with LBJ/AD. I was very happy with his performance his rookie year as an unheralded 27th pick. But seems like fit is questionable.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
3baller wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
3baller wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:

I don't think he wants to be a bench player and that is making things tough on the court with him and the Lakers.

He has talent for sure, but not one that seems to blend with LBJ/AD. I was very happy with his performance his rookie year as an unheralded 27th pick. But seems like fit is questionable.

Then flip Kuz and Green for Lavine who already got paid
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:12 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
3baller wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
3baller wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:

Then flip Kuz and Green for Lavine who already got paid

I don't think Chicago does that deal.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 698, 699, 700 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 699 of 880
Jump to: